HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

15 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Where/How to officially Watch FMA: Brotherhood Episodes - Compiled Info On Page 1 - List of licenced viewing venues:, We can watch it on Netflix (has free 1 month trial membership)! :)
Kale Mustang
post Jun 3 2009, 01:02 PM
Post #61

Major General

Group: Members
Member No.: 67,527

QUOTE (kkg22104 @ Jun 3 2009, 12:54 PM) *
QUOTE (Kale Mustang @ Jun 3 2009, 03:40 PM) *
Sweet! I've definitely been digging the Funi subs way more than some of the fansubs - some have been a bit 'meh' as of late...

The last time I tried to watch FMA:B on Funimation's site, the episode took forever to load so after a while I just gave up. So I don't know how well they translated it, but Eclipse's fansubs are always pretty good.

For me, Funi's stuff loads up pretty fast (the major exception was the first episode) but since they also have it up on Hulu and their Youtube channel, it's pretty easy to get a hold of. Just know that the Youtube and Hulu episodes are two eps. behind the ones on Funi's site.

As for the fansubs, I end up going with Eclipse...but I have issues with some of their translations...episode 5 coming to mind...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Jun 3 2009, 01:27 PM
Post #62

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

QUOTE (kkg22104 @ Jun 3 2009, 03:54 PM) *
The last time I tried to watch FMA:B on Funimation's site, the episode took forever to load so after a while I just gave up. So I don't know how well they translated it, but Eclipse's fansubs are always pretty good.

As Kale Mustang said, trying to watch the first episode on the first day on Funimation.com was rather painful. But, since then, it has been fairly reliable and fast, and just as Kale Mustamg has mentioned, if it's a couple weeks old episode, then Hulu (another licensed carrier of Funimation subbed episodes) is an excellent place to watch these episodes. And, I'm fairly happy with the subs by Funimation, with no major mistakes to think of so far.
I think Eclipse used to have a good reputation, yet, with that major translation oops on episode 5 I think it kind of exposed how vulnerable fansubs are to translation mistakes, even some so-called reputable ones. tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Forgiven
post Jun 3 2009, 01:50 PM
Post #63

Alchemists

Member No.: 66,878

To the person who said that Funimation's episodes load slow on their website: It only happens to me when I'm on my laptop it seems like. Maybe about five to 10 mins, or sometimes not even at all. But when I get on the family computer, the episodes only take two to three minutes.

+Quote Post
Envy II
post Jun 3 2009, 02:31 PM
Post #64

Alchemists

Member No.: 43,400

The episodes are back up now, and episode 9 will be come on at the usual time. (according to FUNimation's Twitter.)

--------------------

+Quote Post
asunder
post Jun 3 2009, 05:27 PM
Post #65

Special Ops (Intelligence Officer)
Group Icon

Group: Moderating Admin
Member No.: 30,877

more episodes of other series funimation is streaming have just been leaked again even ( phantom ep 10 )

Funimation denies this on ann's forum...but expect another leak of one piece....and probably more downtime on funimation's side of things until they learn some real website security.

--------------------
Everytime you post something mind numbingly retarded, this forum crashes.

+Quote Post
Envy II
post Jun 3 2009, 05:51 PM
Post #66

Alchemists

The weird thing is that FMA:Brotherhood Episode 9 is up on the site, and they show it as if it's supposed to be on there right now. o_O

--------------------

+Quote Post
FMAobsessed
post Jun 3 2009, 05:54 PM
Post #67

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 52,558

I thought that Funimation took FMA episodes off their websites? Because I couldn't get it to work.

+Quote Post
asunder
post Jun 3 2009, 06:09 PM
Post #68

Group Icon

confirmation that fma:b ep 9 was leaked as well.

edit: update with Funimation's lawyer and an Anime News Network staff member denying the leak without even first confirming the veracity of such rumors.

(from http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2...p=786788#786788 )
QUOTE (funimation's lawyer)
What leads you to believe it leaked from FUNimation? I can assure you, it did not.

then some shaddy defending by one of ann's staff
QUOTE (jsevakis)
We've believe the FMA "leak" is a troll. Did a good job faking the logos and font, but there were several things about it that were dead give-aways. Where you're getting this "confirmation" from is anybody's guess.

after the screenshots were posted, the ann guy replies back with:
Yep, looks like I spoke too soon. Yikes.

Really pathetic...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kirara
post Jun 3 2009, 06:57 PM
Post #69

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 3,267

QUOTE (Kale Mustang @ Jun 3 2009, 01:02 PM) *
As for the fansubs, I end up going with Eclipse...but I have issues with some of their translations...episode 5 coming to mind...

Yeah the idea that fansubs are better than the official release never makes sense to me and this proves it. Slicer the Homicide wasn't very pretty either. But I guess for speed subs they are not that bad. I watch them because I am impatient but I always watch Funi's subs later in the week for the better translation and also to support what they are doing.

+Quote Post
kkg22104
post Jun 3 2009, 07:12 PM
Post #70

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 68,640

Okay, since everyone's saying that Funimation's official translations are better, I guess I'll start watching them later in the week. They come out on Thursdays, right?

--------------------

Sig made by Forsaken Love ^_^

+Quote Post
Envy II
post Jun 3 2009, 07:26 PM
Post #71

Alchemists

QUOTE (kkg22104 @ Jun 3 2009, 09:12 PM) *
Okay, since everyone's saying that Funimation's official translations are better, I guess I'll start watching them later in the week. They come out on Thursdays, right?

Yeah, except for this week, where it oddly came out a few hours ago.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Jun 3 2009, 08:16 PM
Post #72

Group Icon

Thank you, asunder for that interesting info! Hmm, one would think that in preparation for the streaming of these Japanese anime episodes, Funimation might have beefed up the security beforehand, but I guess that wasn't the case. And, from the sound of it they haven't done much even after the incident?? And, the upshot of it is that we end up being able to watch episode 9 one day earlier than the normal scheduled date? Ok, I take that. XD
But seriously, I hope they would be able to tighten some security. mellow.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Elemental/Alchem...
post Jun 3 2009, 09:32 PM
Post #73

Apprentice

Member No.: 28,136

QUOTE (Tombow @ Jun 3 2009, 10:16 PM) *
Thank you, asunder for that interesting info! Hmm, one would think that in preparation for the streaming of these Japanese anime episodes, Funimation might have beefed up the security beforehand, but I guess that wasn't the case. And, from the sound of it they haven't done much even after the incident?? And, the upshot of it is that we end up being able to watch episode 9 one day earlier than the normal scheduled date? Ok, I take that. XD
But seriously, I hope they would be able to tighten some security. mellow.gif
no they added security to the flash video files they used to stream the video
normally one would be able to download the video using a plug in (friends of mine did this to keep them on a hard drive - although this is still possible on the youtube videos)
now that ad at the beginning acts as a barrier (in computer lingo turned into english, even though they had this before, the ad and the video were separate files, now the ad is seemingly "bundled" and acts to deter the files detection)

--------------------
Roy's partner in arms - Maes Hughes:
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Jun 3 2009, 09:49 PM
Post #74

Group Icon

QUOTE (Elemental/Alchemist @ Jun 4 2009, 12:32 AM) *
no they added security to the flash video files they used to stream the video
normally one would be able to download the video using a plug in (friends of mine did this to keep them on a hard drive - although this is still possible on the youtube videos)
now that ad at the beginning acts as a barrier (in computer lingo turned into english, even though they had this before, the ad and the video were separate files, now the ad is seemingly "bundled" and acts to deter the files detection)

Umm, that would prevent hackers from uploading the episode prematurely to Funimation.com site and made them available before the scheduled date? unsure.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
asunder
post Jun 3 2009, 10:32 PM
Post #75

Group Icon

No hacking of servers were involved. Only because of a really poor job by funimation, anyone with some basic google skills could figure out that the flv files were hosted at
CODE
http://video.funimation.com/FLV/FUN_[ANIME_TITLE]_[EP#]_JPN_640X360.flv

Other 'streaming sites' were directly linking the .flv files <___<

after one piece got 'taken' the first time a few days ago, they did a bit of renaming of the series name, but still in a same filename format as above. Funimation (or whatever company they outsource to) basically uploaded the file for public access ahead of when it was supposed to be streamed. Some eager fan downloaded it and distributed it.

--------------------

+Quote Post

15 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th June 2016 - 12:51 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css