HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Where/How to officially Watch FMA: Brotherhood Episodes - Compiled Info On Page 1 - List of licenced viewing venues:, We can watch it on Netflix (has free 1 month trial membership)! :)
gg2qt4me
post Mar 14 2009, 04:48 PM
Post #1

Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 54,171

Since the first run of series airing in Japan has ended.....

Currently (as of June 13, 2012)

For U.S. audience:

On TV: FMA:Brotherhood English dubbed, are airing on Adult Swim, every Sunday 1 AM - 1:30 AM (Eastern time) & repeat the same episode at 5 AM - 5:30 AM.

On-line viewing:
You can watch limited number of English dubbed episodes on AdultSwim on-line. Usually, after airing the new English dubbed episode on Adult Swim channel on TV, that episode will be available for viewing starting the following week, and available for a couple of weeks (or something like that. ^^) For example, currently, you can watch episode 45: "The Promised Day" (available till June 8, 2011) and episode 46: "Looming Shadows" (available till June 14, 2011) there.

Funimaion Video: Funimation has taken off all but the first 4 episodes (4 dubbed, 4 subbed) from it's viewing menu. Currently they only have episodes 1-4 subbed, and episode 1-4 dubbed.

Hulu: As of Monday, April 4, 2011, Hulu has taken off all but the first 4 episodes (4 dubbed, 4 subbed) from it's viewing menu. Currently they only have episodes 1-4 subbed, and episode 1-4 dubbed.

Newly added on Jan 13, 2012
As reported by Pride the Arrogant, currently you can watch streaming of first 39 episodes of English dubbed FMA:Brotherhood on Netflix. If you're not a member of Netflix (needs monthly fee) you can try 1 month free membership. biggrin.gif

For audience in Japan:

On TV: Starting April 4, 2011, 東京MXテレビ (TokyoMX) will re-air FMA:Brotherhood Japanese dubbed episode, every Monday, Tuesday, & Wednesday, 12:00 AM - 12:30 AM. (It's currently running. ^^) (Source: FMA:Brotherhood official JP site)

ETA June 8, 2011: For a limited time, Gyao in Japan will re-run full 64 episodes of FMA: Brotherhood through Aug. 8.
(Source: Ad in GanGan July issue that will come out in June 11)

=======================================================

I know that the new series comes out on April 5th in japan but where can i see it online?

(The following info was added by Tombow, updated as of March 18, 2010)

Available options to watch FMA: Brotherhood episodes so far:

Viewing English dubbed episodes

* In U.S., FMA fans can watch English dubbed Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood episodes on AdultSwim programming portion of Cartoon Network, every Sunday 12:00 - 12:30 AM Eastern time, then same morning 4:00 - 4:30 AM Eastern time for rebroadcasting of the same episode.

==============

Viewing raw episodes in Japan

* In Japan, the weekly airing of FMA series-2 starts Sunday, April 5, 5:00 PM (Japan time) on MBS/TBS TV networks.

* Also in Japan, starting Friday, April 10, 2009, you can watch the episode (in Japanese) on your computer through "TV shows-on-personal-computer, GYAO anime station" web site. Each Friday, 12:00 noon the showing will switch to the newest episode. For details, please check Gyao site - anime page and Gyao technical support page (Note: I checked, and the service is limited to within Japan only.)

==============

On-line streaming of raw episode same time as airing in Japan

NOTE: Please be warned that the quality and reliability of simultaneous streaming of Japanese broadcasting of FMA-2 episode on Key-hole TV and TbAnts and MM have been sketchy, and you may or may not successfully get the streaming of the whole episode.

* In the U.S., and elsewhere where it's accessible on-line (accessibility may vary from country to country, please check your local situation,) you can watch streaming of the episode (in Japanese) on-line through Key-hole TV.
KeyHoleTV is part of a project by Japanís Ministry of Internal Affairs testing out P2P (peer to peer) technology. It's free and legal, and it includes TV shows on TBS, hence you can watch FMA episode also.
You need to download and install a file to enable your computer to watch Key-hole TV. Check details on Key-hole TV site (the site is in English.)

* In the U.S., and elsewhere where it's accessible on-line (accessibility may vary from country to country, please check your local situation): TvAnts is another program to watch the episodes on P2P (peer to peer) on-line. Check for TBS for episodes in Japanese, and TBS-TV for episodes with subs in Chinese.
(This info was posted by Linkdude20002001 here. Since I'm not familiar with TvAnts, please inquire Linkdude20002001 for further details.)

* In the U.S., and elsewhere where it's accessible on-line (accessibility may vary from country to country, please check your local situation): For those who are having trouble streaming with Kay-hole, mms://stream.gundam.eu/tbs uses your regular media software (VLC, Winamp, RealPlayer, etc.) to watch streaming of TBS TV shows (that includes FMA) with reported very good results.
(This info was posted by Gukumatz here. Since I'm not familiar with this application, please inquire Gukumatz for further details.)

=============

Viewing officially subbed episodes OUTSIDE of Japan

* The following are LICENSED same-week/near-same-week distributions (either on-line or on-air) of subbed (in English, French, Italian, Cantonese Chinese, & other languages of the viewing countries) FMA episodes in North America, France, Australia, and Hong kong, Taiwan, Singapore & some other South East Asian countries & European countries through distribution partners who are officially licensed to distribute FMA series-2 episodes. These news announcements were taken from FMA-2 JP official web site.

On-line Viewing:
(Viewing is limited to within the specified region only)

NEW!!! (Updated March 18, 2010)
Good news, UK fans!! UK FMA fans can now view on-line streaming of FMA:Brotherhood episode!!! (English subbed, I assume ^^)

(As posted by Ksumisity here, here is the good news on AnimeNewsNetwork.)
* In UK, the British anime distributor Manga Entertainment has begun streaming the first five episodes of the Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood anime series for audiences in the United Kingdom. Each week the company's website will add five more episodes of the series, which will replace the previous ones. Manga Entertainment's YouTube channel will run the same episodes for one week after they are taken down from Manga Entertainment's website. Once the streaming episodes catch up with the Japanese broadcast, the company will then stream one episode per week, one week after each episode airs in Japan.

* North America, and elsewhere where it's accessible on-line: On Funimation.com, Funimation.com, starting April 9, 2009, 12 noon
For UK fans, the access should be restored soon, according to Funi Rep's post on Funi forum here (scroll down to the middle of page there.) See update above.^^

* In addition, in the U.S., and elsewhere where it's accessible on-line, HULU is now carrying Funimation English sub version of the episodes (episode line up on HULU is about two weeks behind Funimation.com)
Note: You can watch it on full-screen, with better streaming quality on HULU. ^^
(This info was courtesy of penguintruth on his post here.)

* France: On Youtube. Details TBA (to be announced later)
* Australia: On Madman.com. English sub. Streaming of the episode is available a few days after airing of the episode in Japan. Please check Madman.com for more details.

Following countries can view FMA:Brothehood also!! (as posted here)

* Italy, Spain, Portugal, Hungary, Czech Republic, the Slovak Republic, Bulgaria, Romania, Yugoslavia, Greece, Sweden, Poland, Finland, Denmark, Norway, the Russian Federation, & Turkey: On Youtube

* Each with sub in the official language of that country. There will be regional restrictions, and viewing may be limited to within certain countries only.

* Showing starts May 16, 2009, with one new episode added daily until 23 May, 2009, then afterward every Wednesday new episode will be added.

(Please double check Youtube site for more details.)

*Additionally, the following countries and areas are listed as newly able to access FMA: Brotherhood episodes on above linked Youtube site (though the episodes may not be subbed in the language of your country): Check the list of viewing countries (Please double check Youtube site for details.)

-----------

* In addition, FMA episodes with French subs may be available on-line for other European countries such as Luxembourg, Monaco, Belgium and Switzerland, through Dybex on FMA: Brotherhood.Net. ...This info was posted by acaray here.
Please check Dybex site for further announcement on this.
Though I'm not sure the subs are the same official French sub on Youtube.. any info on this will be appreciated.. please post and let us know. ^^

-----------

* FMA fans in UK, the word is around that the streaming of English subbed FMA: Brotherhood episodes for UK will start in July 2009, as posted here. Please keep your eyes open for future announcements! (See the above NEWS for UK fans!! ^^)

On-air Viewing:

* Singapore & other South East Asian countries: On Animax, starting
April 10, 2009, 10:30 PM (Singapore time)
* Taiwan: On Animax, starting April 11, 2009, 10:30 PM (Taiwan time)
* Hong kong: On TVB Digital, starting April 22, 2009, 11:30 PM (Hong Kong time)
....In Hong Kong, you can watch Cantonese dubbed episode, with Cantonese sub, with the optional choice of switching to original Japanese dub audio, and it's airs first on pay digital anime channel J2 with the option to turn subtitle on or off, then repeat of the same Cantonese dubbed Cantonese subbed program on TVB-Jade channel later on the same week.
....In addition, in Hong Kong you can watch FMA: Brotherhood episodes 2 weeks ahead of TVB/J2 schedule on Animax HongKong
(The above info was provided courtesy of tinlunlau and AA battery here.)

Following countries can view FMA:Brotherhood also!! (as posted here)
(Each with sub in the official language of that country)

* Italy: On MTV
* Central European countries, Hungary, and Czech Republic: On Animax & CANAL+
* Portugal: On SIC Radical

Airing schedule for the above newly added countries:
*Regular weekly airing starts on May 23, 2009, 8:00 PM local time for each countries, with the episode 7 (this episode will air in Japan on May 17, 2009.)
*The new episode will be available every Wednesday subsequently.
*For episodes 1 through 6, starting May 16, 2009 and through May 21, 2009, with one subsequent episode each following day.

(Please double check the on-air viewing channel of your country for more details. )

* For FMA fans in Philippines, (as reported by sToRm GodDesS here) starting Friday, May 22, 2009, and every Friday 7:30 PM thereafter, TV5's ANIMEGA will air Tagalog dubbed FMA-2 Brotherhood episodes for FMA fans in Philippines. (Please check TV5 for more details.)

==============

* Our board's designated IRC chat channel (#circleoftyrants@irc.rizon.net) can be used to chat in real-time while watching the episode or right after for post-ep discussion, and also links to the raw episodes, streaming, etc. may be posted there. (This info was posted by asunder here. For more details on our IRC chat channel, please inquire asunder.)

==============

* There are several fansub groups that have announced that they will be doing fansubs of the FMA-2 episodes. Please remember that the quality of translations varies from one fansub group to another. Here is some comparison of different translations by fansub groups. ^^
(Please use Google or other info sources for the fansub sites.)

==============

* And, if all else fails, you can try searching Youtube for "Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood." Who knows, you might get lucky...... tongue.gif

If you run into more news and info relating to where our members can watch the new FMA series-2 episodes (please remember that we have members all around the world!! ^^) please post on this thread and share the info with us!! Thank you!! biggrin.gif

(Info last updated on June, 13, 2012 by Tombow)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Elemental/Alchem...
post Jun 3 2009, 09:32 PM
Post #2

Apprentice

Group: Members
Member No.: 28,136

QUOTE (Tombow @ Jun 3 2009, 10:16 PM) *
Thank you, asunder for that interesting info! Hmm, one would think that in preparation for the streaming of these Japanese anime episodes, Funimation might have beefed up the security beforehand, but I guess that wasn't the case. And, from the sound of it they haven't done much even after the incident?? And, the upshot of it is that we end up being able to watch episode 9 one day earlier than the normal scheduled date? Ok, I take that. XD
But seriously, I hope they would be able to tighten some security. mellow.gif
no they added security to the flash video files they used to stream the video
normally one would be able to download the video using a plug in (friends of mine did this to keep them on a hard drive - although this is still possible on the youtube videos)
now that ad at the beginning acts as a barrier (in computer lingo turned into english, even though they had this before, the ad and the video were separate files, now the ad is seemingly "bundled" and acts to deter the files detection)

--------------------
Roy's partner in arms - Maes Hughes:
IPB Image
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
- gg2qt4me   Where/How to officially Watch FMA: Brotherhood Episodes - Compiled Info On Page 1 - List of licenced viewing venues:   Mar 14 2009, 04:48 PM
- - Tombow   If you live in Noth America, France, Australia, Ho...   Apr 3 2009, 05:49 AM
- - Unown   It will air at 5:00 PM in Tokyo right? Gosh, that...   Apr 4 2009, 06:25 AM
- - Makika   Well, that's a lot of fansubs around here... I...   Apr 4 2009, 03:42 PM
- - FMAobsessed   I heard that the funimation website will be showin...   Apr 4 2009, 05:48 PM
- - Mistress of Misery   ^April 9th, actually. It's nice to know that F...   Apr 4 2009, 07:05 PM
- - Kyelinn   Yeah for sure and I'm all about watching the F...   Apr 4 2009, 08:58 PM
- - Tombow   I updated the first post of this thread with all t...   Apr 4 2009, 09:17 PM
- - Edward Cardinal Elric   You can currently watch the entire first episode w...   Apr 5 2009, 08:03 PM
- - FailToImpress   Still nothing for the UK? Damn, we suck.   Apr 6 2009, 01:34 AM
- - Trakonda   Thanks for all the info, everyone! I downloade...   Apr 7 2009, 01:47 AM
- - Gukumatz   Tombow, could you add this direct stream link to t...   Apr 13 2009, 11:01 PM
- - Tombow   Thank you, Gukumatz!! The info has been a...   Apr 14 2009, 01:02 PM
- - Elemental/Alchemist   http://www4.funimation.com/video/?page=show&b=...   Apr 26 2009, 01:15 AM
- - Tombow   ^ Heyyyy, Elemental/Alchemist, nice to see you...   Apr 26 2009, 01:38 AM
- - penguintruth   You can watch it subtitled on Hulu now, too, offic...   May 1 2009, 07:10 PM
|- - Tombow   @penguintruth - That is great!!! Thank...   May 1 2009, 07:42 PM
- - Tombow   QUOTE (tinlunlau @ May 2 2009, 12:15 AM) ...   May 1 2009, 09:45 PM
- - tinlunlau   From what I gather, J2 airs it first on Wednesdays...   May 2 2009, 01:00 AM
- - Tombow   QUOTE (AA battery @ May 2 2009, 04:52 AM)...   May 2 2009, 06:48 AM
- - tinlunlau   Yeah, you basically got it right. J2 is a pay TV ...   May 2 2009, 07:03 PM
- - Tombow   @tinlunlau - Aha, thank you so much for the info...   May 2 2009, 07:08 PM
- - Anakishi   Yep, 5th episode is done streaming. Nevermind abou...   May 3 2009, 02:03 AM
- - Tombow   @Anakishi - Glad to hear that it's working...   May 3 2009, 02:14 AM
- - tinlunlau   sigh...need to find another reliable fansub group ...   May 3 2009, 08:11 AM
- - Imbris   Did you guys know that an eclipse is an astronomic...   May 3 2009, 12:50 PM
|- - tinlunlau   QUOTE (Imbris @ May 3 2009, 08:50 PM) Did...   May 3 2009, 02:56 PM
|- - Imbris   QUOTE (tinlunlau @ May 3 2009, 05:56 PM) ...   May 3 2009, 03:15 PM
|- - tinlunlau   QUOTE (Imbris @ May 3 2009, 11:15 PM) QUO...   May 4 2009, 02:31 PM
- - Tamarind   Hiya there. You can also watch FMAB at Animefreak...   May 4 2009, 10:01 PM
- - tinlunlau   I was checking the TVB's adverts for FMA: Brot...   May 6 2009, 07:58 PM
- - ultimatesheild4ever   Funimation.com FMA: BrotherhoodYou guys know you c...   May 7 2009, 01:47 PM
- - Tombow   @tinlunlau - Thank you for the info!! ^^ ...   May 7 2009, 01:52 PM
- - edo little kid   Hi , everybody ^o^/ you can see ep 6 + subs ...   May 10 2009, 02:09 PM
- - Tombow   Latest news from Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood ...   May 15 2009, 03:07 PM
- - Trakonda   Woot, Youtube channel with Finnish subtitles? Awes...   May 24 2009, 03:10 PM
|- - Tombow   QUOTE (Trakonda @ May 24 2009, 06:10 PM) ...   May 24 2009, 03:58 PM
|- - Trakonda   QUOTE (Tombow @ May 25 2009, 01:58 AM) QU...   May 24 2009, 05:01 PM
- - sToRm GodDesS   Hi! I don't know if this was already post...   May 25 2009, 04:49 AM
- - Tombow   @sToRm GodDesS - That is an awesome news!...   May 25 2009, 05:09 AM
- - sToRm GodDesS   QUOTE (Tombow @ May 25 2009, 05:09 AM) @s...   May 30 2009, 02:13 AM
- - Tombow   @sToRm GodDesS - Wow... they actually make Tagalog...   May 30 2009, 02:21 AM
- - mingzi   Really sorry if this has been asked before, (I...   May 30 2009, 06:25 PM
- - The Frozen Alchemist   Funimation is airing a new epsiode of Fullmetal Al...   May 30 2009, 07:15 PM
- - Jen_Elric   Something happened on Funimation.com. I can't...   May 30 2009, 07:37 PM
- - Tombow   @mingzi - No, it's not just your computer. I ...   May 30 2009, 08:21 PM
- - Envy II   Some idiot "leaked" the One Piece episod...   May 30 2009, 10:53 PM
- - Kasumisty   Damn. Neither TvAnts nor KEYHOLE works this week. ...   May 31 2009, 12:41 AM
- - Jen_Elric   THere's an article up at animenewsnetwork.com ...   May 31 2009, 06:48 PM
|- - Tombow   @Envy II - No problem! Thank you for the repor...   May 31 2009, 07:23 PM
|- - Envy II   It's temporary, for FMA at least. FUNimation...   Jun 1 2009, 01:29 PM
- - Kale Mustang   I figured the Funi hold was temporary and it's...   Jun 1 2009, 01:36 PM
- - Tombow   QUOTE (Envy II @ Jun 1 2009, 04:29 PM) FU...   Jun 1 2009, 01:37 PM
- - Jen_Elric   I'm soooo happy! The fansubs of episode 9...   Jun 1 2009, 04:35 PM
- - Sword Alchemist   FMA:B is back up on Funi's site. Still episod...   Jun 3 2009, 10:32 AM
|- - Tombow   QUOTE (Sword Alchemist @ Jun 3 2009, 01:3...   Jun 3 2009, 10:34 AM
|- - Kale Mustang   QUOTE (Sword Alchemist @ Jun 3 2009, 10:3...   Jun 3 2009, 12:40 PM
|- - kkg22104   QUOTE (Kale Mustang @ Jun 3 2009, 03:40 P...   Jun 3 2009, 12:54 PM
|- - Kale Mustang   QUOTE (kkg22104 @ Jun 3 2009, 12:54 PM) Q...   Jun 3 2009, 01:02 PM
||- - Kirara   QUOTE (Kale Mustang @ Jun 3 2009, 01:02 P...   Jun 3 2009, 06:57 PM
|- - Tombow   QUOTE (kkg22104 @ Jun 3 2009, 03:54 PM) T...   Jun 3 2009, 01:27 PM
- - Forgiven   To the person who said that Funimation's episo...   Jun 3 2009, 01:50 PM
- - Envy II   The episodes are back up now, and episode 9 will b...   Jun 3 2009, 02:31 PM
- - asunder   more episodes of other series funimation is stream...   Jun 3 2009, 05:27 PM
|- - Envy II   The weird thing is that FMA:Brotherhood Episode 9 ...   Jun 3 2009, 05:51 PM
- - FMAobsessed   I thought that Funimation took FMA episodes off th...   Jun 3 2009, 05:54 PM
- - asunder   confirmation that fma:b ep 9 was leaked as well. ...   Jun 3 2009, 06:09 PM
- - kkg22104   Okay, since everyone's saying that Funimation...   Jun 3 2009, 07:12 PM
|- - Envy II   QUOTE (kkg22104 @ Jun 3 2009, 09:12 PM) O...   Jun 3 2009, 07:26 PM
- - Tombow   Thank you, asunder for that interesting info! ...   Jun 3 2009, 08:16 PM
|- - Tombow   QUOTE (Elemental/Alchemist @ Jun 4 2009, 12...   Jun 3 2009, 09:49 PM
- - asunder   No hacking of servers were involved. Only because ...   Jun 3 2009, 10:32 PM
- - Tombow   ^ Ohh. Thank you for that info. ^^   Jun 3 2009, 10:51 PM
- - Kale Mustang   Did a little poking around and Elemental/Alchemist...   Jun 3 2009, 11:19 PM
- - Elemental/Alchemist   QUOTE (asunder @ Jun 4 2009, 12:32 AM) No...   Jun 3 2009, 11:37 PM
- - Kale Mustang   I'll just wait until the newer eps. are on the...   Jun 3 2009, 11:41 PM
- - Tombow   Thanks, everyone for the info. The upshot is th...   Jun 4 2009, 06:20 AM
- - Kirara   Well whatever Funimation did to boost security I c...   Jun 4 2009, 08:59 AM
|- - Kale Mustang   QUOTE (Kirara @ Jun 4 2009, 08:59 AM) Wel...   Jun 4 2009, 09:13 AM
|- - Kirara   QUOTE (Kale Mustang @ Jun 4 2009, 09:13 A...   Jun 4 2009, 09:16 AM
|- - Kale Mustang   QUOTE (Kirara @ Jun 4 2009, 09:16 AM) QUO...   Jun 4 2009, 09:20 AM
|- - asunder   QUOTE (Kirara @ Jun 4 2009, 12:16 PM) QUO...   Jun 4 2009, 03:53 PM
|- - Kirara   QUOTE (asunder @ Jun 4 2009, 04:53 PM) tr...   Jun 4 2009, 04:02 PM
- - Tombow   @Kirara - Mmm... I just tested with my computer, a...   Jun 4 2009, 09:25 AM
|- - Kirara   QUOTE (Tombow @ Jun 4 2009, 09:25 AM) @Ki...   Jun 4 2009, 09:32 AM
- - kkg22104   I'm able to watch the videos just fine, and it...   Jun 4 2009, 09:25 AM
- - Tombow   @Kirara - I think asunder posted while ago that th...   Jun 4 2009, 09:39 AM
|- - Kirara   QUOTE (Tombow @ Jun 4 2009, 09:39 AM) @Ki...   Jun 4 2009, 09:43 AM
- - Kale Mustang   @Kiara Have you tried clearing your cache and coo...   Jun 4 2009, 09:49 AM
|- - Kirara   QUOTE (Kale Mustang @ Jun 4 2009, 10:49 A...   Jun 4 2009, 10:10 AM
- - Tombow   @Kirara - Good idea. I was just checking the forum...   Jun 4 2009, 10:29 AM
- - kkg22104   @ Kirara: Well that's good news. I wonder wha...   Jun 4 2009, 05:12 PM
- - Kale Mustang   Just giving everyone a heads-up. For anyone tryi...   Jun 6 2009, 02:02 PM
- - Tombow   Oh, thanks, Kale Mustang for the heads-up! ^^ ...   Jun 6 2009, 02:21 PM
|- - Envy II   Now I'm sad, because I've been waiting to ...   Jun 11 2009, 03:54 PM
- - Tombow   @Envy II - Thank you so much for the update!...   Jun 11 2009, 04:08 PM
- - Kale Mustang   Yeah, I checked earlier to see if it was up, only ...   Jun 11 2009, 04:13 PM
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th June 2016 - 12:06 PM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css