HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Chapter 93 "Regular" Discussion Thread For First Time Readers (and Others), No future chapter spoilers here, please. :)
Rating 5 V
Tombow
post Mar 18 2009, 11:34 AM
Post #76

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

QUOTE (Hagane no Baka @ Mar 18 2009, 10:11 AM) *
..... I have heard about Dante's Divine Comedy a lot at school but nobody ever mentioned anything about the seven deadly sins lol. And thanks for the tip on which translation to read Dante's Divine Comedy but I think I'll just read it in Slovene which is my native tounge, I've heard we have some pretty awesome translations too biggrin.gif wink.gif

@Hagane no Baka - I think we had some good discussions on the "sin" names of the FMA characters and how they might die accordingly, on several threads... though right now I can find only this one: How The Homunculi Will Die according to their "Seven Deadly Sins" names. We had better discussions on some other threads, and I'll post the link if I can find them, or hopefully some others might find them. ^^

--------------------

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gukumatz
post Mar 18 2009, 11:48 AM
Post #77

Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 45,648

QUOTE (Hagane no Baka @ Mar 18 2009, 06:11 AM) *
Thanks for answering all of our questions.

You're welcome! :-)

QUOTE (Kasumisty @ Mar 18 2009, 06:57 AM) *
I've read somewhere that name Trisha might be short of Beatrice...

Actually, Trisha is short for Patricia.

--------------------
-Gukumatz
[ LJ | Song translations | Icon ]

+Quote Post
lunneth
post Mar 20 2009, 06:28 AM
Post #78

Alchemists

Member No.: 43,587

wow. i heard about dante's work but i honestly didn't think that alot of this stuff was based on that. thats a real eye opener.

--------------------

persona rp: [url="http://www.fullmetal-alchemist.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12717"]
thankyou Arakawa sensei for the 9 years of awsome story lines, characters and plot twists that became Fullmetal Alchemist. it's been one hell of a ride :3

+Quote Post
Claudius
post Mar 22 2009, 03:58 AM
Post #79

Apprentice

Member No.: 42,805

QUOTE (Hagane no Baka @ Mar 17 2009, 10:41 AM) *
Awesome chapter as ever! Envy will get served for dinner, yeah I can't wait! Somebody mentioned earlier that by avenging Envy, Roy will betray his vision and I don't think so. He's well aware that envy is also one of the major bad guys who made other ppl beside Hughes suffer, so he also basically wants to kill him because that's the right thing to do. So we have a revenge-wanting-justice-serving flame alchemist on rampage and I can't wait for the next chapter tongue.gif
But Justice and revenge are not the same thing. Roy's expression at the end of the chapter shows his thoughts are not 'Envy is a Homunculus/one of the bad guys/must die to bring on the better tomorrow my best friend wanted!' but 'Envy killed my best friend and must Die Die Die Die Die SOOOOOOO PAINFULLY!!!!' which is the same motivation for AnimeRoy (according to his words to AnimeEdward, which is a full 180-degree turn to that plot exposition Al, Schiesza, and Winry had about AnimeRoy striving to be one motivated by better things instead of revenge).
On the other hand, AnimeRoy was all by his lonesome and had to kill Bradley because no one else could. Even if motivated by revenge, he had no choice. MangaRoy, however, has waaaay more allies with him and thus a better choice. I can probably see a scenario where Scar (who had an epiphany about his people's disdain for payback) and Riza (who, I think, once agreed to kill Roy if he ever strayed from his goal) both convince Roy of the selfishness of his decision. Roy then insults Envy by saying the Homunculus isn't worth dying by his flaming hands, and gives the job to Scar or Mei or Edward and goes off to fight the other bad guys.

+Quote Post
Sannom
post Mar 22 2009, 04:58 AM
Post #80

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 35,674

'Envy killed my best friend and must Die Die Die Die Die SOOOOOOO PAINFULLY!!!!'

Yeah, that's it. If Roy starts to make Envy feels pain, he will be bad road. Things will be worse if he actually refuses any help, or become aggressive to people that tries to help him. I hope he won't. But if he does, I think Riza will shoot him in the leg, to disable him. Just the time for Scar and the others to take care of Envy, and after this May heals Mustang.

+Quote Post
mellulah
post Mar 22 2009, 06:06 AM
Post #81

Apprentice

Member No.: 65,956

Yeah thats the thing, Envy hates pain so much and I'm sure with no doubt hes gonna get alot of that in the next chapter which will proberly send him over the edge. Not like hes jumped off the deep already or anything dry.gif . Anyway for some reason I actually want to see Envy cry laugh.gif strange considering he's acctually my favourite character.

--------------------

+Quote Post
RoyxRizaFan
post Mar 22 2009, 01:35 PM
Post #82

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 54,333

As long as Roy sets his @$$ on fire and humiliates him to the extreme, I don't care if he dies or not tongue.gif

--------------------

Avatar by Michiyo and signature by me.
Fan Fiction, Fan Art
FMAobsessed Wrote:
Bradley: "Oh by the way I made Breda my personal assistant."
Roy: "WHAT NO! I AM IN IMMENSE SHOCK!"

+Quote Post
Claudius
post Mar 22 2009, 02:25 PM
Post #83

Apprentice

Member No.: 42,805

QUOTE (RoyxRizaFan @ Mar 22 2009, 01:35 PM) *
As long as Roy sets his @$ on fire and humiliates him to the extreme, I don't care if he dies or not tongue.gif
Well, despite my apprehensions on MangaRoy following his anime counterpart's decision, I wouldn't mind an actual battle (Let's hope we get some flashbacks of Hughes, the better to bother Roy into making the right choice). After all, Spider-Man came close to killing the Green Goblin for murdering Gwen Stacy, but he stopped when he realized the wrongness of it.
However, unless Roy's motive is vengeance-free and pro-right thing (and that final panel shows that's definitely not the case), he can't deal the mortal blow. If he makes sure Envy never harms a living soul ever again without killing him, and lets someone else do the job (Like, say, restoring Envy to tadpole form, and when he tries his body-grafting power again- BANG! BANG! BANG!- Riza lethally feeds him hot lead; Hey, she would be protecting Roy as Roy saved her from Lust), that's fine.

+Quote Post
Hagane no Baka
post Mar 23 2009, 04:05 AM
Post #84

Citizen

Member No.: 66,287

QUOTE (Claudius @ Mar 22 2009, 04:58 AM) *
QUOTE (Hagane no Baka @ Mar 17 2009, 10:41 AM) *
Awesome chapter as ever! Envy will get served for dinner, yeah I can't wait! Somebody mentioned earlier that by avenging Envy, Roy will betray his vision and I don't think so. He's well aware that envy is also one of the major bad guys who made other ppl beside Hughes suffer, so he also basically wants to kill him because that's the right thing to do. So we have a revenge-wanting-justice-serving flame alchemist on rampage and I can't wait for the next chapter tongue.gif
But Justice and revenge are not the same thing. Roy's expression at the end of the chapter shows his thoughts are not 'Envy is a Homunculus/one of the bad guys/must die to bring on the better tomorrow my best friend wanted!' but 'Envy killed my best friend and must Die Die Die Die Die SOOOOOOO PAINFULLY!!!!' which is the same motivation for AnimeRoy (according to his words to AnimeEdward, which is a full 180-degree turn to that plot exposition Al, Schiesza, and Winry had about AnimeRoy striving to be one motivated by better things instead of revenge).
On the other hand, AnimeRoy was all by his lonesome and had to kill Bradley because no one else could. Even if motivated by revenge, he had no choice. MangaRoy, however, has waaaay more allies with him and thus a better choice. I can probably see a scenario where Scar (who had an epiphany about his people's disdain for payback) and Riza (who, I think, once agreed to kill Roy if he ever strayed from his goal) both convince Roy of the selfishness of his decision. Roy then insults Envy by saying the Homunculus isn't worth dying by his flaming hands, and gives the job to Scar or Mei or Edward and goes off to fight the other bad guys.

After giving it a little thought I realised that you're right. I was thinking about the easy way out to just let Roy finish Envy and the rest move on to the other bad guys; since Envy is a bad guy and they have to defeat him anyway it just seemed like the right thing to do whatever the reason is. But then again Hagane no Renkinjutsushi is all about principles and if Ed & Al stick to them I don't see why Roy wouldn't either, even if it is the harder way.

Oh and I almost forgot; thanks Tombow for the link! happy.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sannom
post Mar 23 2009, 05:19 AM
Post #85

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 35,674

For me there is no problem if Roy kills Envy. There isn't even a problem if he does it as a revenge, if he keeps it Scar's way : he makes quick work of his enemy and doesn't seek to make him suffer or beg for mercy. There is a problem if he starts to waste time on Envy by not going hard enough on him, so that the fight can continue a little bit more and Envy can suffer more.

+Quote Post
lunneth
post Mar 23 2009, 06:26 AM
Post #86

Alchemists

well well well. envy really is screwed then. well i guess originally we saw how powerful and scarry homunculi were but now thery're just getting cut down so easily. plus i would have expected the monster soul imortal army to have made more of a move by now.

--------------------

persona rp: [url="http://www.fullmetal-alchemist.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12717"]
thankyou Arakawa sensei for the 9 years of awsome story lines, characters and plot twists that became Fullmetal Alchemist. it's been one hell of a ride :3

+Quote Post
xXdark_angel_nek...
post Mar 23 2009, 09:54 AM
Post #87

Alchemists

Member No.: 64,808

well i have to say that this chapter was the best that i read so far. wow even now that i think about what happen in the chapter i am still laughing about it. that was the best chapter in the world. wow i so can't wait for the next chapter to come out. *counting down ontill it comes out.*

--------------------

Sometimes...... some memories ain't meant to leave traces. ~Alphonse Elric

+Quote Post
Rannika03
post Mar 24 2009, 05:29 AM
Post #88

Citizen

Member No.: 66,091

A great chapter indeed. I so want to see Mustang beat up Envy. And Yoki did something right for a change laugh.gif but those artificial humans are starting to get scaryer and the part where one jumps and attacks a soldier...I wouldn't want to see that animated

+Quote Post
lunneth
post Mar 24 2009, 06:16 AM
Post #89

Alchemists

lo. that would make most people scarred. well maybe not most but still. need to read chapter 93 nnnnnnooooooooooowwwwwwwww ;(

--------------------

+Quote Post
jefe
post Mar 28 2009, 08:45 PM
Post #90

Apprentice

From: The Land of the Blind. Well, just south from there actually.
Member No.: 32,575

Jeez, yet another lame chapter. The manga was awesome but went downhill right when pride appeared... i mean come on, what is he supposed to be? alucard? things so far have had some degree of explanation, like greed armor being carbon turned into diamond and stuff, but with pride its like.. what the hell are you???? Oh, and seriously, no one notices that he never ages?

And then come the chimeras... all of which are traitors... just too convenient... how can someone take the 4 least loyal soldiers to a key task in a 400 year old master plan?
Then we have winly escaping from kimblee (and even before, sending her right into the elrics hands seems a bit... stupid)... wasnt she supposed to be his hostage? if the elrics did something suspicios, she died. yet they just ran off, and kimbly did nothing, and then even winly just ran off from him somehow to meet scar...
And again, we have mustangs men... werent they split up to prevent him from taking action? one would guess the army would stop them from defecting and running back to mustang, or at least keep track of them, or something. They could just kill someone close to them, like why dont they just go to hughes home and threaten to kill elysia unless roy surrenders? its what i'd do... or falmans mother, or something...
And then we have olivier, i know shes tough and all, but come on, wasnt she a hostage too? yet she was able to take down half of central's most secure place with just a sword... how incompetent can the military be? A bit too much, I'd say.

--------------------

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th August 2016 - 12:58 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css