HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Chapter 93 "Regular" Discussion Thread For First Time Readers (and Others), No future chapter spoilers here, please. :)
Rating 5 V
Andie
post Mar 15 2009, 11:58 AM
Post #61

Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 49,343

QUOTE (Claudius @ Mar 15 2009, 09:44 AM) *
QUOTE (Sannom @ Mar 12 2009, 04:02 PM) *
I think we shouldn't underestimate Wrath's power of nuisance... Somehow I think he would include either Riza or Winry in his little course of action.
Well, let's wait until we see which side Wrath is actually on. It strikes me as unusual that he sent Winry to Briggs- right into the good guy's hands!- or gave Riza a chance to run to Roy's group instead of keeping both of them under the Homunculus' watchful control. If he is on the good guy's side, it makes sense. If he's still a villain...pretty stupid.

I agree... I really wonder why he didn't keep Hawkeye closer to him. As for Winry, maybe he thought Kimbley was enough to keep an eye on her? I dunno...

I also think it's a bit difficult to see which side he'll join. Of all the Homonculus (beside Greedling), he's the only one who showed real interest in humans. The conversation he had with Pride (can't remember the chapter) could almost be seen as mutinous. And of course, he pratically admitted to Hawkeye that he has some kind of feelings for his wife. Really, I wonder how this will play out... I can't wait especially to see his reaction to Mrs Bradley's kidnapping.

(It's a bit funny to say he's the less, erm, villainous Homonculus, considering he engineered a war which almost wiped out an entire race. blink.gif . Then again, we did it a couple of times and we're not crazy Philosopher's-stone-fuelled immortal superhumans. sad.gif )

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
RoyxRizaFan
post Mar 15 2009, 12:43 PM
Post #62

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 54,333

Wow, you brought up some good points, Claudius, particuarly #3. As for #4, if they died according to what they were meant to, is Gluttony really dead? He's meant to eat snakes or rats to die, apparently, and he was eaten by Pride...unless that isn't a death...? *has no idea*

As for Bradley...like Andie said, I'm very curious about what he'll do once he finds out that Mrs. Bradley was taken... I also wonder if he's just stupid or if having doubts? They made a big deal about Riza working for him/being watched by Pride, just to drop it.

Pride's said before that Wrath is too close to humans. He's attached to Mrs. Bradley and although he's still a creep-o, he isn't as brutally cruel as the others. I wonder what he'll do next...

--------------------

Avatar by Michiyo and signature by me.
Fan Fiction, Fan Art
FMAobsessed Wrote:
Bradley: "Oh by the way I made Breda my personal assistant."
Roy: "WHAT NO! I AM IN IMMENSE SHOCK!"

+Quote Post
FMAobsessed
post Mar 15 2009, 04:24 PM
Post #63

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 52,558

@RoyxRizafan: Hey, where does it say in the manga that Gluttony has to eat snakes and rats in order to die? I forgot what chapter that was.

I too wonder about the whole Pride watching Riza storyline. But one thing I learned about reading Fullmetal Alchemist is that Arakawa doesn't forget story lines. She always seems to bring everything back into play.

All of this speculation is making me nervous and excited for the next chapter.

+Quote Post
RoyxRizaFan
post Mar 15 2009, 04:56 PM
Post #64

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 54,333

QUOTE (FMAobsessed @ Mar 15 2009, 07:24 PM) *
@RoyxRizafan: Hey, where does it say in the manga that Gluttony has to eat snakes and rats in order to die? I forgot what chapter that was.

I too wonder about the whole Pride watching Riza storyline. But one thing I learned about reading Fullmetal Alchemist is that Arakawa doesn't forget story lines. She always seems to bring everything back into play.

All of this speculation is making me nervous and excited for the next chapter.

Actually, it wasn't mentioned in the manga, I read it online. Each sin is killed in a certain way, and I'm just assuming Arakawa would go by this because Lust and the first Greed were killed accordingly.

And I don't know where Arakawa would go with the Pride thing because he's not watching her at the moment, and I don't know what he would do that'd make all that previous Riza stuff have a point. Ah, you never know with Arakawa...I guess that's part of what makes FMA so addicting!

--------------------

Avatar by Michiyo and signature by me.
Fan Fiction, Fan Art
FMAobsessed Wrote:
Bradley: "Oh by the way I made Breda my personal assistant."
Roy: "WHAT NO! I AM IN IMMENSE SHOCK!"

+Quote Post
lunneth
post Mar 16 2009, 06:03 AM
Post #65

Alchemists

Member No.: 43,587

ah. no actual kimbley death. well at least he's gone tongue.gif . wow good chapter and finally we get to see roy really angry and for the first time in ages (drum roll please) ED. woot we finally get all the charas in a good well deserved chapter. (gets shot by al) oh sorry

--------------------

persona rp: [url="http://www.fullmetal-alchemist.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12717"]
thankyou Arakawa sensei for the 9 years of awsome story lines, characters and plot twists that became Fullmetal Alchemist. it's been one hell of a ride :3

+Quote Post
Causmicfire
post Mar 17 2009, 01:40 AM
Post #66

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 49,283

QUOTE (FailToImpress @ Mar 11 2009, 03:30 AM) *
I loved this chapter happy.gif
By the time the next chapter comes out, the new animes series will have started biggrin.gif So there's two things to look forward to.

Wow, I didn't even think about that! Now I'm even more impatient, lol.

@Claudius - Perhaps, Roy will take care of Envy most of the way, and Ed will combo up with Toad!Chimera to freeze him, thus giving him no chance to absorb more Zombies, Dolls, whatever they're being called, while they finish him off.

I like the Armstrong siblings fighting Sloth... but I wanted to see an epic fencing match between Olivier and Wrath...maybe still???

So, with Pride's words about Kimblee living on in him, does that mean that Gluttony can still be said to be alive? That would mean his punishment is starting...being forced to eat rat, toads, and snakes. Kimblee has to qualify as one of those. If Pride gets the chance he'll devour any of the other homunculi, because he's Pride, he can't let any of the others survive over him, and he's more than likely on his way back to central to devour some Zombies/Dolls. Eh, it was probably just a metaphor, and it wouldn't be unlikely that Gluttony ate some actual rats, toads, and snakes during all his battles.

I think the snakes are the Zombies/Dolls, because Sloth's punishment is to be thrown in the snake pits. These things are quick, and when Sloth is focusing on one thing he seems to have a one track mind...he'll end up surrounded by those things.

The fact that we have no clue where Wrath is, or what he is doing is bugging me, and will he tell his wife what he is if he sees her before his final battle.

I also want to see Grumman and Miles again. It would be entertaining to see Grumman battle Wrath.

Page 16 & Page 17...I literally could not stop staring, and I was thinking about seeing it animated.

As for Olivier and Alex squabbling mid fight...so like siblings to do that when faced with high stress situation.

I adore Olivier's face when the soldier asks if the Dolls are Briggs soldiers...
I'm shooting them, but they don't go away...
Therefore, they must be Briggs soldiers! XD

This manga still reminds me of Frankenstein...when you bubble it all down, for each main character it was the thirst for knowledge and immortality that created the whole mess.

Roy and Riza banter <3

These last two chapters have place extra emphasis on the uselessness of guns...First, Olivier throwing away her borrowed gun with a look if disdain, her telling Alex, the soldier saying shooting the Dolls doesn't work, and Hawkeye mentioning it. I doubt Arakawa felt the need to mention it so many times, because she feels like we just won't pick up on the fact that they won't work, we learned that long ago with Gluttony and Lust.

I'm glad May is safe(for now), but I'm also glad Scar seems to be chastising her.

Thanks to everyone that brought this chapter to us!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sannom
post Mar 17 2009, 04:32 AM
Post #67

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 35,674

@Claudius - Perhaps, Roy will take care of Envy most of the way, and Ed will combo up with Toad!Chimera to freeze him, thus giving him no chance to absorb more Zombies, Dolls, whatever they're being called, while they finish him off.

They don't need fashionable tactics to take down Envy. Beside, he already "died" once in the snow, so that can count as his punishment. Just as Glutonny died for the first time a short amount of time after eating and regurgitating Envy. Just like Greed died for the firt time by being plunged into boiling oil.

So, with Pride's words about Kimblee living on in him, does that mean that Gluttony can still be said to be alive? That would mean his punishment is starting...being forced to eat rat, toads, and snakes.

Pride eating Kimblee is perhaps just a way to how us the final opponent of the first Homonculus : Scar. When Pride ate Glutonny, he gained his sense of smell but also his hunger. What if, by eating Kimblee, he also gained Kimblee's hatred toward Scar, a hatred that is fueled by Kimblee's hurt pride?

I think the snakes are the Zombies/Dolls, because Sloth's punishment is to be thrown in the snake pits. These things are quick, and when Sloth is focusing on one thing he seems to have a one track mind...he'll end up surrounded by those things.

I don't think those things could pierce Sloth's kin, so they would be unable to hurt him.

These last two chapters have place extra emphasis on the uselessness of guns...

I was more surprised by the BIG emphasis the last chapter put on Envy's weakness, stupidity and general uselessness happy.gif I have been thinking this for a long time now, and now Arakawa shows that she totally wanted it that way laugh.gif

+Quote Post
lunneth
post Mar 17 2009, 06:16 AM
Post #68

Alchemists

Member No.: 43,587

that last post made me lol

--------------------

persona rp: [url="http://www.fullmetal-alchemist.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12717"]
thankyou Arakawa sensei for the 9 years of awsome story lines, characters and plot twists that became Fullmetal Alchemist. it's been one hell of a ride :3

+Quote Post
Hagane no Baka
post Mar 17 2009, 10:41 AM
Post #69

Citizen

Member No.: 66,287

Awesome chapter as ever! Envy will get served for dinner, yeah I can't wait! Somebody mentioned earlier that by avenging Envy, Roy will betray his vision and I don't think so. He's well aware that envy is also one of the major bad guys who made other ppl beside Hughes suffer, so he also basically wants to kill him because that's the right thing to do. So we have a revenge-wanting-justice-serving flame alchemist on rampage and I can't wait for the next chapter tongue.gif

I was also amazed by the sheer amount of guts Olivia showed in the situation she was. That woman must litterary eat bullets for breakfast mellow.gif wink.gif

Still no Izumi *sniff*

And can somebody answer this stupid question: just why again must you freeze envy in order to defeat him??

--------------------

+Quote Post
Chiyo
post Mar 17 2009, 10:49 AM
Post #70

Moderator Emeritus

Member No.: 6,466

Page 12 rings a bell, since we have Edward Scissorhands maybe we have Vincent influence too in Abercrombie (if you can't be bothered to watch the whole thing, forward to the 2min mark)

--------------------

+Quote Post
mandymtt
post Mar 17 2009, 12:42 PM
Post #71

Citizen

Member No.: 49,384

QUOTE (FMAobsessed @ Mar 11 2009, 07:48 PM) *
That chapter was amazing! I always tell myself to not read it so fast, because then I have to wait a month for it to come out. But I can never help myself. Now I am waiting for it to be April.

@edxwinryfan yeah, where is Winry? I know she isn't a fighter but she is the main support for the Elric brothers. Also all of the characters seem to be coming in for the final arc. Winry deserves to be mentioned. Maybe she will come in with her wrench and hit some of those zombies on top of the head.

My theory is that Wrath is alive from his train accident and he went to go pick up winry to use as a hostage since A. They have his wife and B. Wrath is the only one who knows she is Eds weakness. Cause he lurves her. lol I think we will be seeing winry (hopefully) soon.... Wrath is too important to die so quickly lol.

+Quote Post
Liska
post Mar 17 2009, 12:42 PM
Post #72

Citizen

Member No.: 66,993

Thanks, Chiyo. I was sure I've seen that shadow somewhere before, but the only place I could think of was Hellsing.

--------------------
Early to rise, early to bed, makes a man healthy, wealthy and dead.

Fiery atheists, who spend their whole life not believing, spend their whole life hating gods for not existing.

© Terry Pratchett

+Quote Post
Gukumatz
post Mar 17 2009, 11:03 PM
Post #73

Citizen

Member No.: 45,648

QUOTE (FMAobsessed @ Mar 15 2009, 03:24 PM) *

QUOTE (RoyxRizaFan @ Mar 15 2009, 03:56 PM) *
Actually, it wasn't mentioned in the manga, I read it online. Each sin is killed in a certain way, and I'm just assuming Arakawa would go by this because Lust and the first Greed were killed accordingly.

QUOTE (Hagane no Baka @ Mar 17 2009, 09:41 AM) *
And can somebody answer this stupid question: just why again must you freeze envy in order to defeat him??

The distinct punishments for The Seven Deadly Sins that are posted online in different websites (do a Google/Wikipedia search) originally come from Dante Alighieri's Inferno, the first book of the trilogy called The Divine Comedy. It's an old Italian classic written in the early 14th century and you probably heard about it in world history class. It was remarkable in its day because it was "High" literature written in the "vulgar," common Italian language instead of in Latin, which is what all the other important works used.

The story is about Dante's journey from the normal world into the afterlife. His lover, Beatrice, is dead and he wants to see her again, so he follows his guide, the poet Virgil, through the different circles of Hell (book 1), through Purgatory (book 2), and finally into Heaven (book 3).

The Divine Comedy
is basically Dante's first-person account of what he sees on his journey. The punishments for the Seven Deadly Sins are described as he moves through hell and sees how different sinners are being tortured.

The story is supposed to be an epic poem, but most translators sacrifice the rhythm for the literal translation. If you read it, I strongly suggest you read John Ciardi's translations. He is AMAZING. His translations are great and they actually sound lyrical. Read his brilliant translations out loud and you will fall in love with Dante's work. Seriously, do it.

The FMA manga doesn't specifically say anything about distinct punishments. Like RoyxRizaFan says, this is just an idea we fans got after we saw how Lust and Greed were destroyed, since Arakawa matched their ends with Dante's punishments (fire & oil, respectively).

I <3 Ciardi's translations.

--------------------
-Gukumatz
[ LJ | Song translations | Icon ]

+Quote Post
Hagane no Baka
post Mar 18 2009, 07:11 AM
Post #74

Citizen

Member No.: 66,287

QUOTE (Gukumatz @ Mar 18 2009, 12:03 AM) *
QUOTE (FMAobsessed @ Mar 15 2009, 03:24 PM) *

QUOTE (RoyxRizaFan @ Mar 15 2009, 03:56 PM) *

QUOTE (Hagane no Baka @ Mar 17 2009, 09:41 AM) *

The distinct punishments for The Seven Deadly Sins that are posted online in different websites (do a Google/Wikipedia search) originally come from Dante Alighieri's Inferno, the first book of the trilogy called The Divine Comedy. It's an old Italian classic written in the early 14th century and you probably heard about it in world history class. It was remarkable in its day because it was "High" literature written in the "vulgar," common Italian language instead of in Latin, which is what all the other important works used.

The story is about Dante's journey from the normal world into the afterlife. His lover, Beatrice, is dead and he wants to see her again, so he follows his guide, the poet Virgil, through the different circles of Hell (book 1), through Purgatory (book 2), and finally into Heaven (book 3).

The Divine Comedy
is basically Dante's first-person account of what he sees on his journey. The punishments for the Seven Deadly Sins are described as he moves through hell and sees how different sinners are being tortured.

The story is supposed to be an epic poem, but most translators sacrifice the rhythm for the literal translation. If you read it, I strongly suggest you read John Ciardi's translations. He is AMAZING. His translation are great and they actually sound lyrical. Read his brilliant translations out loud and you will fall in love with Dante's work. Seriously, do it.

The FMA manga doesn't specifically say anything about distinct punishments. Like RoyxRizaFan says, this is just an idea we fans got after we saw how Lust and Greed were destroyed, since Arakawa matched their ends with Dante's punishments (fire & oil, respectively).

I <3 Ciardi's translations.

Thanks for answering all of our questions. Yeah and I have heard about Dante's Divine Comedy a lot at school but nobody ever mentioned anything about the seven deadly sins lol. And thanks for the tip on which translation to read Dante's Divine Comedy but I think I'll just read it in Slovene which is my native tounge, I've heard we have some pretty awesome translations too biggrin.gif wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kasumisty
post Mar 18 2009, 07:57 AM
Post #75

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 59,111

His lover, Beatrice, is dead

I've read somewhere that name Trisha might be short of Beatrice...

--------------------
Due to the cancellation of the end of FMA, Kasumisty must think of new signature.

It may take a while.

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2016 - 03:31 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css