HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Chapter 93 "Regular" Discussion Thread For First Time Readers (and Others), No future chapter spoilers here, please. :)
Rating 5 V
Animeoldtimer
post Mar 12 2009, 12:11 PM
Post #46

State Alchemist (Major)

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,503

Thanks Kasumisty for pointing that out about the Chapter Riza cries. I forgot about that.

QUOTE (AA battery @ Mar 12 2009, 12:25 AM) *
I can't believe that Pride would go as far as "eating" Kimbley... o_o but oh well, it's Pride. Is the philosopher's stone still in Kimbley's possession...? I suppose so... Al and the others don't look like they had the time to pick it up.

Don't forget he ate Gluttony, so he has his appetite.

--------------------
"Funny how you can say something in your head and it sounds fine... "--The Doctor
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
FMAobsessed
post Mar 12 2009, 01:10 PM
Post #47

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 52,558

@AAbattery: I know Winry cannot fight. And it is unlikely that she will show up in a battle scene, I was just wondering if she was ever going to be mentioned again. That is all.

Anyways, I also liked Yoki's scene "I did something!"

+Quote Post
Cece
post Mar 12 2009, 02:25 PM
Post #48

Apprentice

Member No.: 48,077

Don't worry FMAobsessed Winry will come back because Ed said he wants that apple pie and she has to cry tears of joy and everyone has to get their happy ending well...the good guys at least. I want to know where the hell RanFan is. I wonder how or if she gets gets Ling back.

--------------------

+Quote Post
RoyxRizaFan
post Mar 12 2009, 02:27 PM
Post #49

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 54,333

I don't think Winry will be showing up any time soon. They made a big deal about how she was going to wait in safety for now, making pies and stuff (unless she plans on throwing them at the zombies tongue.gif) . There's nothing else she can really do, and I hope she doesn't do anything drastic because it'd probably end fatally for her...and I certainly don't want that!

The only reason I'd say the Riza thing wouldn't happen is because Arakawa usually does the opposite of what people predict, but there are a few scenes that came to my mind when I read the recent posts about her:

After seeing this, Wrath says this.

And when Riza was attacked by Gluttony, Roy associated it with Hughes' death and became frantic. http://www.onemanga.com/Full_Metal_Alchemist/37/33/

Envy likes to play dirty as we saw with what he said about Hughes' wife, so...well, who knows...it's all speculation. I'm just wondering if Arakawa would be that predictable...

I thought Wrath was meant to be the one to take care of him, but since he's MIA and Envy's right there, next to Father's lair, he might *try* to take on the job.

Which brings me back to wondering what'll go down between Hoho and Father. Will there be an epic duel? Everyone's coming to Father (or being herded to him in Al&Co's case) but what can he do if all his 'children' are scattered everywhere (what remains of them) and Hoho's kicking his @$$?

--------------------

Avatar by Michiyo and signature by me.
Fan Fiction, Fan Art
FMAobsessed Wrote:
Bradley: "Oh by the way I made Breda my personal assistant."
Roy: "WHAT NO! I AM IN IMMENSE SHOCK!"

+Quote Post
Turdaewen
post Mar 12 2009, 03:30 PM
Post #50

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 60,395

QUOTE (RoyxRizaFan @ Mar 12 2009, 06:27 PM) *
After seeing this, Wrath says this.

And when Riza was attacked by Gluttony, Roy associated it with Hughes' death and became frantic. http://www.onemanga.com/Full_Metal_Alchemist/37/33/

I was reading that manga TODAY! That's why my fear kinda came back. XD
But you're probably right. Roy wouldn't let anyone kill Riza. He would die before he let her get killed.

--------------------

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
"By the power of truth I, while living, have conquered the universe"
Faust, Göethe

+Quote Post
Sannom
post Mar 12 2009, 04:02 PM
Post #51

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 35,674

I don't think Winry will be showing up any time soon.

I think we shouldn't underestimate Wrath's power of nuisance... Somehow I think he would include either Riza or Winry in his little course of action.

+Quote Post
RoyxRizaFan
post Mar 12 2009, 04:08 PM
Post #52

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 54,333

QUOTE (Sannom @ Mar 12 2009, 07:02 PM) *
I don't think Winry will be showing up any time soon.

I think we shouldn't underestimate Wrath's power of nuisance... Somehow I think he would include either Riza or Winry in his little course of action.

Only reason I wasn't thinking that was because they already had Winry hostage when she came to Briggs and they tried to get Ed to work with them by using her against him or something...but anything is possible, I guess. Who knows what Arakawa will do next? (I feel like I've been saying this a lot lately LOL)

--------------------

Avatar by Michiyo and signature by me.
Fan Fiction, Fan Art
FMAobsessed Wrote:
Bradley: "Oh by the way I made Breda my personal assistant."
Roy: "WHAT NO! I AM IN IMMENSE SHOCK!"

+Quote Post
Hagaren_4ever
post Mar 12 2009, 07:16 PM
Post #53

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 50,311

QUOTE (RoyxRizaFan @ Mar 12 2009, 05:27 PM) *
Which brings me back to wondering what'll go down between Hoho and Father. Will there be an epic duel?

OMG, I hope not. Not because I don't think it would be cool or anything. No, it would be awesome! It's just, it would be like when to people pick the same character in Soul Caliber! They wearing different colors, and there are slight differences in what style they're wearing, but you still get lost and end up thinking you're the other guy and you loose!(Wait, I had a point there, but it sorta disappeared.....Oh, well. You know what I mean.)

--------------------

Sig set by me. The original art is by BlueMoon.Crystal

"I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances."
-Martha Washington

My Deviantart. :D Check it out, yo.

+Quote Post
xXdark_angel_nek...
post Mar 13 2009, 06:10 AM
Post #54

Alchemists

Member No.: 64,808

well i just finshing reading ch 93 of the manga and i want the next chapter of the manga to be out now. unsure.gif unsure.gif

that was such good chapter. sad.gif

--------------------

Sometimes...... some memories ain't meant to leave traces. ~Alphonse Elric

+Quote Post
Master Jack Ryer...
post Mar 13 2009, 09:03 AM
Post #55

Citizen

Member No.: 67,112

I read this chapter yesterday on onemanga. I adore it. smile.gif

--------------------

~~If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands together and drawing an array, copy and paste this onto your signature~~

+Quote Post
Animeoldtimer
post Mar 13 2009, 12:23 PM
Post #56

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 8,503

I have no clue what Arakawa will do with Father and Hoho. All I know is Father said Hoho will become part of his body. I'm interested to see what they both have planned. Also MIA are Izumi, Greed, and Ran Fan.

--------------------
"Funny how you can say something in your head and it sounds fine... "--The Doctor

+Quote Post
xXdark_angel_nek...
post Mar 14 2009, 11:16 AM
Post #57

Alchemists

Member No.: 64,808

QUOTE (Animeoldtimer @ Mar 13 2009, 03:23 PM) *
I have no clue what Arakawa will do with Father and Hoho. All I know is Father said Hoho will become part of his body. I'm interested to see what they both have planned. Also MIA are Izumi, Greed, and Ran Fan.

oh ya i complety forgot about father and Hoho. i wonder when they are coming back for the most epic fight in this centry. ( sorry i can't spell worth poop at the moment, aslo i can't type either. dry.gif )

--------------------

Sometimes...... some memories ain't meant to leave traces. ~Alphonse Elric

+Quote Post
spectator
post Mar 14 2009, 02:21 PM
Post #58

Alchemists

Member No.: 34,836

QUOTE (Liska @ Mar 13 2009, 02:17 AM) *
QUOTE (HisshouBuraiKen @ Mar 12 2009, 09:50 AM) *
QUOTE (Andie @ Mar 10 2009, 06:17 PM) *
And did Pride deliberately send Al and the others in Central?

It's too bad there wasn't another beat after Hawkeye said "useless", we almost got to see Mustang growing mushrooms again XD

I thought about that too. I absolutely love those mushrooms ))

I think Hawkeye already made her revenge by ignoring Mustang right after Mustang told Scar not to order him.

--------------------
'Prince of Dawn' Fanfiction - Envoy of Love: The True Prince

Eastern Headquarters' Attraction - Something fun to read.

CoS and FMA1 Fanfiction - Right person, wrong place, wrong time

+Quote Post
Claudius
post Mar 15 2009, 06:44 AM
Post #59

Apprentice

Member No.: 42,805

QUOTE (Sannom @ Mar 12 2009, 04:02 PM) *
Well, let's wait until we see which side Wrath is actually on. It strikes me as unusual that he sent Winry to Briggs- right into the good guy's hands!- or gave Riza a chance to run to Roy's group instead of keeping both of them under the Homunculus' watchful control. If he is on the good guy's side, it makes sense. If he's still a villain...pretty stupid.

Anime vs. Manga
The scales of major characters whose permanent deaths in both versions helped the story seems balanced in importance. The deaths of Gran, most of the Greed-chimeras, and Lust's death worked in both. Hughes' worked well in both (though AnimeHughes had the advantage of having a bigger role and the way the series structured his death as the midway point of the series). Bedo's death served the manga more (freeing GreedLing). Gluttony and Kimbley's deaths served the anime more than the manga (I dunno; opening gates, creating animate bombs/philosopher stones, and causing emotional trauma has more depth then becoming Homunculus food).

Finally...
Roy vs. Envy! I hoped for this fight since the anime was drawing to a close on Cartoon Network (not that AnimeEnvy's fate was a disappointment). However...
1) I get this horrible feeling that, just like the anime, our last view of Hughes is going to be spoiled by Envy's nasty impersonation (at least the anime gave Nazi Hughes a happy ending).
2) Shouldn't Envy's fate go to someone else? Roy already took one Homunculus down.
3) Seeing the Avenging Roy is cool, but isn't he falling into the same path that hurt his anime counterpart? He has to be the better man to honor Hughes, and killing Envy for vengeance will betray that vision (Killing Lust was a different matter- self-defense and protecting Riza- and Roy probably knows the train explosion only slowed Bradley, not kill him). Envy should die for the sake of mankind, not to satisfy the angry grief over a lost friend (which in truth, will bring no fulfillment).
4) Isn't Envy supposed to freeze instead of burn, unless Roy can somehow drain the heat from an area, lowing the temperature to below zero.

I got to dust off that Buffyverse/FMAverse fanfiction of mine. This also involves the butt-kicking of a certain Homunculus.

+Quote Post
jacksparrow589
post Mar 15 2009, 08:32 AM
Post #60

Special Ops (Piratical Gallery Enforcement)

Group: Gallery Moderators
Member No.: 48,158

Claudius- Your last bit about Envy brought up a few points that bugged me, too. The third and fourth points are of valid concern to me. Four for obvious reasons once it's read, and three because, well, exactly the way you said it. Your second point is also a sticking point with me. I really don't think we'll have a repeat. (At least, I really hope not.) To the contrary, I wonder if something's gonna happen early on in the game that plays into 2) and 4).

Thanks for the food for thought! Now I get to wait in suspense for the next month.

--------------------

Credit goes to Causmicfire for my avatar

The Royai Day party might be over, but the fun never stops!
Royai Day 2011 Album
Thank you to all those who contributed!

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2016 - 10:41 PM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css