HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Chapter 92 "Regular" Discussion Thread For First Time Readers (and Others), No future chapter spoilers here, please. :)
xXdark_angel_nek...
post Feb 14 2009, 10:05 AM
Post #61

Alchemists

Group: Members
Member No.: 64,808

maybe that might be true...... but who knows all i knows is that the chapter was epic. so can't wait for the next one.

--------------------

Sometimes...... some memories ain't meant to leave traces. ~Alphonse Elric
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
His Name is Unkn...
post Feb 14 2009, 02:10 PM
Post #62

Apprentice

Member No.: 40,795

As for Scar getting his revenge, I could see it not happening, and I actually don't want to see it happen.

Interesting post, Sannom. I agree with your take on Scar 100%.

Depending on the manner in which Arakawa chooses to end her series, I could accept two possible resolutions of Scar's character:

1. The first would be his death while defending Winry. Although this could occur in any number of ways, perhaps the most fitting would be in a battle against Kimbley. It's not so much that I want Scar to get revenge - in fact, I would prefer if the battle unfolded in such a manner that Scar was forced to fight out of necessity resulting in Kimbley's accidental death or his demise at the hands of another character - but it would be a fitting resolution for Kimbley's character.

2. The second would be more in line with a 'happy' ending for Scar - that being his survival and participation in the rebuilding of Ishbal/Armestris.

Either ending would afford manga Scar's character a resolution beyond the endless cycle of violence of his former lifestyle begot. In my opinion, the theme of casting aside vengeance would be far better illustrated by Scar's death while defending Winry, but either conclusion would be appropriate. Only time and Arakawa-sensei will tell for sure. happy.gif

+Quote Post
Sannom
post Feb 14 2009, 06:24 PM
Post #63

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 35,674

The first would be his death while defending Winry.

Yeah, this one would be cool too. But there is something about it that bugs me : Winry already said that she still considered him a human being, and I can't see her forgiving Scar. And Scar already did a good job of protecting her and his crew. So I don't know if seeing him save Winry is really that "important"...

A third ending could be that he surrenders and is judged for his crimes...

Personaly, I would like a happy ending, but one where Scar is still punished in a way. For this to happen, I think he would have to leave behind the effort for reconstruction and exile himself from his beloved land. This in order to avoid being arrested and sentenced for his crimes against State Alchemists.

I could actually see him go to Xing with May and work as her bodyguard/servant. This would still present him as someone whose morality and sense of self-sacrifice is not all "white", and it will be a kind of punishment for him to be away of his land while it's being reconstructed.

Although this could occur in any number of ways, perhaps the most fitting would be in a battle against Kimbley.

If this was to happen, somehow I could see a battle with Bradley. Because Wrath is the most likely character to bring Winry back into the fray.

+Quote Post
Sensenic
post Feb 14 2009, 06:42 PM
Post #64

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 11,694

Okay, so, sorry for bragging for such a small thing, and probably no one will care but... but...

But I have to take it out! >o<

Armstrong vs Sloth, I friggin' called it... More than 3 years ago! >o<

QUOTE (Sensenic @ Oct 14 2005, 10:42 AM) *
As for what he'll do in the future... yesterday while going back home it occured to me... Wrath and Father "took care" of Greed, Roy "took care" of Lust... Seems Envy will be Ed's "job" (well, not that much now, but still...), etc.
So, on the other hand, who put up a more than decent fight against the big muscle guy -somewhat- Scar and made him decide to retire? Who was the only one who could "confront" Sig Curtis in order to get to see Izumi -ehem sleep.gifU-? Who was the one who beat yet another "Big Guy" Roa and didn't kill him just because was such a good person? wink.gif See where I'm going?
And now... Given how much Arakawa sensei and her crew love Armstrong, that meaning he'll much probably get more stellar moments, and one could be "taking care" of an hommunculus... And which is the big-muscled hommunculus who looks like his main power might be "Ultimate Punch/Strength"?
SLOTH!

That's my bet: Armstrong will be the one to beat/kill Sloth.

Time will tell.

_

Garf...
With that taken out I feel a lot better.

What I most certainly didn't see coming was Sloth's power... laugh.gif
Another great coup d'effect!

Awesome chapter as usual.
This chapter was quite battle-shonenesque, but FMA is high-quality stuff even when being typical.

QUOTE (Sannom @ Feb 13 2009, 11:39 PM) *
lets face it, it would be kind of mellow unless it was Scar who got to deal his revenge. I think he`ll either somehow survive that or he`ll use the philosophers stone to turn the tables again.

Well, Kimblee can't heal himself with the stone, that much we know.

And for Scar getting is revenge, I could see it not happening, and I actually don't want to see it happen. Before, I wanted Scar to beat that bastard for all he did to him and his family. But now, I'm not so sure about it. Scar has "matured" : he is no longer bent on revenge and revenge only. He has new objectives, new allies, things that are more important than his selfish revenge, especially when what he does and what he is now is most likely what his brother would have wanted him to do and "be". Scar is no longer obsessed by Kimblee. But the contrary isn't true : Kimblee is obsessed by Scar. Two times, Scar escaped him. One time, he nearly killed him. The other, he flee and humiliated Kimblee, even commenting how their positions were now the complete opposite of what they were the first time they met. And that is true even on the mental level : now Kimblee wants to catch and kill Scar, he doesn't want anyone else to do it. But Scar isn't that much interested in killing Kimblee anymore. So i don't want Scar's development to be wasted by a fight and talk of revenge against Kimblee. Nor do I want that Kimblee bastard to get what he wants. And I think that Arakawa doesn't want it either. I think she despises revenge.

Now, that was a nice one.
I also wanted Scar vs Kimbley to happen, but you certainly do have your point...

Either way, I don't think Kimbley's done with yet, though.

--------------------
貧乳神・・・

+Quote Post
N. Havoc J.
post Feb 15 2009, 02:28 PM
Post #65

Citizen

Member No.: 35,009

Is it wrong that one of the first things I noticed when Sloth grabbed Olivier was her breasts being crushed and pushed up? blush.gif

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Daydreamer_Alche...
post Feb 15 2009, 05:09 PM
Post #66

Citizen

Member No.: 55,605

I'm so worried for what is going to happened to Olivier! I really don't want her to die!
I was really looking forward to see the fight between Father and Hohenheim, so I'm a bit disappointed for that.
And I kind of missed Ed.

--------------------

Don't be afraid, stretch your arms. If you desire it the blue skies are within your reach

+Quote Post
xXdark_angel_nek...
post Feb 16 2009, 11:40 AM
Post #67

Alchemists

QUOTE (Daydreamer_Alchemist @ Feb 15 2009, 07:09 PM) *
I'm so worried for what is going to happened to Olivier! I really don't want her to die!
I was really looking forward to see the fight between Father and Hohenheim, so I'm a bit disappointed for that.
And I kind of missed Ed.

that is so true. i do miss ed and the fight. man i am so hopeing that the next chapter has him in it. or aleast the big fight.

--------------------

+Quote Post
CowAlchemist
post Feb 17 2009, 06:33 PM
Post #68

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 28,255

QUOTE (N. Havoc J. @ Feb 15 2009, 03:28 PM) *
Is it wrong that one of the first things I noticed when Sloth grabbed Olivier was her breasts being crushed and pushed up? blush.gif

Haha, I noticed that too. |D

This chapter is awesome. Great battle scenes.
And that is definitely gonna hurt, Kimbley. Good luck with that...

--------------------

CowAlchemist.Deviantart.com and TheCowAlchemist on Youtube.com
If you have attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands,
snapping your fingers,
or by drawing an array,
copy and paste this into your signature.

Hey, might as well try and see if it works, eh?... ^^;

+Quote Post
Daydreamer_Alche...
post Feb 21 2009, 08:00 PM
Post #69

Citizen

Member No.: 55,605

QUOTE (xXdark_angel_nekoXx @ Feb 16 2009, 12:40 PM) *
QUOTE (Daydreamer_Alchemist @ Feb 15 2009, 07:09 PM) *
And I kind of missed Ed.

that is so true. i do miss ed and the fight. man i am so hopeing that the next chapter has him in it. or aleast the big fight.

I really hope to see the fight between Father and Honhenheim, in the next chapter!

--------------------

Don't be afraid, stretch your arms. If you desire it the blue skies are within your reach

+Quote Post
xXdark_angel_nek...
post Feb 22 2009, 11:54 AM
Post #70

Alchemists

me too that would be so epic. oh i so can't wait.

--------------------

+Quote Post
lunneth
post Feb 26 2009, 01:43 PM
Post #71

Alchemists

Member No.: 43,587

whats annoying me is that we havent seen ed i lots of the recent chapters and all i have to say to kimbeley's "unfortunate" (frickhin HELL YEAH) situation is LOLOLOLOLOLOL time to be decapitate BUTT WHIPE. time for hiromu to show us how we draw a decapitated body. lol

--------------------

persona rp: [url="http://www.fullmetal-alchemist.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12717"]
thankyou Arakawa sensei for the 9 years of awsome story lines, characters and plot twists that became Fullmetal Alchemist. it's been one hell of a ride :3

+Quote Post
Social Alchemist
post Feb 27 2009, 05:21 AM
Post #72

Citizen

Member No.: 64,607

Spoilers I guess...

On last page that you see Sloth charging towards Armstrong/blood spraying upwards, you notice that that same sound effects seen on that picture pops up whenever the Major throws projectiles towards an enemy or punches the ground which pikes then shoot out afterward (seen in Chapter 7: when Armstrong is attacking Scar).

My guess is that Major Armstrong actually got Sloth with the pike, then him/his sister getting killed off by Sloth.

+Quote Post
xXdark_angel_nek...
post Feb 27 2009, 09:32 AM
Post #73

Alchemists

QUOTE (Social Alchemist @ Feb 27 2009, 07:21 AM) *
Spoilers I guess...

On last page that you see Sloth charging towards Armstrong/blood spraying upwards, you notice that that same sound effects seen on that picture pops up whenever the Major throws projectiles towards an enemy or punches the ground which pikes then shoot out afterward (seen in Chapter 7: when Armstrong is attacking Scar).

My guess is that Major Armstrong actually got Sloth with the pike, then him/his sister getting killed off by Sloth.

ya thats true i forgot about that. and now that i look at it again......... i notice that to.

--------------------

+Quote Post
TheKing
post Feb 27 2009, 04:43 PM
Post #74

Citizen

Member No.: 66,854

I think Kimblee is going to live through this one... I mean the last page, last pannel you see Heinkel isn't actually bitting into Kimblee (he hasn't made the final squeeze)... I hate thinking this way, but I think Heinkel might already be dead... his eyes are white too... no pupils
I could totally be wrong too... its just this feeling I have... to me it seems like something isn't right...

unsure.gif o man... chapter 93 will be interesting...

+Quote Post
lunneth
post Mar 4 2009, 01:32 PM
Post #75

Alchemists

Member No.: 43,587

well i hope your not right

--------------------

persona rp: [url="http://www.fullmetal-alchemist.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12717"]
thankyou Arakawa sensei for the 9 years of awsome story lines, characters and plot twists that became Fullmetal Alchemist. it's been one hell of a ride :3

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th July 2016 - 05:31 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css