HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Chapter 92 "Regular" Discussion Thread For First Time Readers (and Others), No future chapter spoilers here, please. :)
AA battery
post Feb 11 2009, 06:30 PM
Post #46

Brigadier General

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,450

QUOTE (edxwinryfan @ Feb 10 2009, 04:27 PM) *
sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif
im just upset,and mad that we haven't seen Winry (or Edwin of course!) since chapter 84! Hiromu Arakawa is not thinking of her female fans (by the way i don't just read fma for Edwin.) that want to see more of Winry and more EdxWinry! sleep.gif

Go read some shoujo then, if you have to whine about something like *that*.

QUOTE (Claudius @ Feb 11 2009, 10:45 AM) *
Anyone bothered by the fact that Al participated in an attempted killing?

Not really. It just means he has grown more mature now. 8D More like, he has no choice since protecting people important to him is the priority.

============================

Awesome chapter. Last page is the best part, really. xD I was rather surprised that Sloth would be the "Fastest Homunculus", though... he is so big and chunky and all...

--------------------
*June 11, 2013 - New Doujinshis Added*
Hi, I got a bunch of FMA merchandises (keychains, pencil boards, cards, figurines, book in figure red...etc) for sale at my LJ. Please visit my sale post here if interested! Thanks ^_^
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ZakOnTheAttack
post Feb 11 2009, 10:54 PM
Post #47

Citizen

Member No.: 66,403

Yeah this chapter was full of action. They all kicked butt. I can't wait for the Briggs part and onwards to get animated.

I wish we had seen some more Mustang though, maybe they'll end up saving the Armstrongs?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Hagane no Baka
post Feb 12 2009, 05:15 AM
Post #48

Citizen

Member No.: 66,287

QUOTE (Mistress of Misery @ Feb 11 2009, 01:56 PM) *
QUOTE (Hagane no Baka @ Feb 11 2009, 08:32 AM) *
And man Selim really is cocky. To think in a situation like his, when even he & Kimblee together don't stand much chance together against a pissed-off-stone-using Al, he still has his all so superior attitude.

Well, he IS called "Pride" for a reason...

Yeah but he still looks like a little kid that's why it's so irritating!^

--------------------

+Quote Post
lunneth
post Feb 12 2009, 06:03 AM
Post #49

Alchemists

Member No.: 43,587

QUOTE (Rain-Alchemist @ Feb 9 2009, 06:29 PM) *
Squeee! happy.gif ohmy.gif
But I have to get to chapter 91, before I read 92. sad.gif

to bad. to be honest im such a lazy git i wont read all of it ever. i just know the story really well and like the more recent chapters. god bless the americans for imported fma manga

--------------------

persona rp: [url="http://www.fullmetal-alchemist.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12717"]
thankyou Arakawa sensei for the 9 years of awsome story lines, characters and plot twists that became Fullmetal Alchemist. it's been one hell of a ride :3

+Quote Post
Cece
post Feb 12 2009, 10:38 AM
Post #50

Apprentice

Member No.: 48,077

This chapter is sooooo cool! There are way to many things for me to name in this chapter that I loved. Al is my numbah 1 and so is the lion king! My mouth dropped when I saw him bite the sh*t out of Kimblee's neck!

--------------------

+Quote Post
CodenameElizabet...
post Feb 12 2009, 12:30 PM
Post #51

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 41,714

Yeah!!! OLIVIAAAAA!!!!! (God, how I enjoy chapters w/ her in them...)

It was also nice to see Al get a chance to shine.
He had some mightly philosophical moments for a character who is supposed to be a 10-or 11-year old kid. WOW.

--------------------

BONES SHIPS ROIAI. (We have Proof.)

+Quote Post
Sannom
post Feb 12 2009, 12:38 PM
Post #52

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 35,674

Al is fifteen wink.gif

+Quote Post
Ropespinner
post Feb 12 2009, 12:40 PM
Post #53

Apprentice

Member No.: 46,466

QUOTE (CodenameElizabeth @ Feb 12 2009, 10:30 PM) *
It was also nice to see Al get a chance to shine.
He had some mightly philosophical moments for a character who is supposed to be a 10-or 11-year old kid. WOW.

Umm... Al is about 15 now, considering he was 14 in the beginning of the manga and it's been about a year in-story.

Awesome chapter. I hope Sloth didn't kill Alex off-screen, there was a lot of blood in that panel but we didn't see whose blood it was.

I wonder what's gonna happen with Kimbley. He might be just crazy enough to survive that, or maybe not... Also, what are they gonna do with Pride? Have Marcoh handle him the same way he dealt with Envy?

[Edit.] Ninja-Sannom said it first.

--------------------
I'm Sallykie on LJ and most other forums, Seita on ZOMGFTA Forums.

+Quote Post
Sannom
post Feb 12 2009, 01:47 PM
Post #54

State Alchemist (Major)

Awesome chapter. I hope Sloth didn't kill Alex off-screen, there was a lot of blood in that panel but we didn't see whose blood it was.

Perhaps the amount of blood is an indication? When Sloth strikes, it's with the power of a crushing hammer, I don't think this kind of blows are the ones that shed the more blood. So perhaps that all this blood is an indication that Sloth got stabbed by something? If he is using his super-speed in that last panel and that Alex has noticed his "weakness", perhaps that Alex transmuted a pike in front of Sloth? Or Olivia threw her sword and that, as a heirloom of the Armstrong family, it's super-sharp and cut Sloth's hands?

+Quote Post
Claudius
post Feb 12 2009, 02:32 PM
Post #55

Apprentice

Member No.: 42,805

QUOTE (AA battery @ Feb 11 2009, 06:30 PM) *
QUOTE (Claudius @ Feb 11 2009, 10:45 AM) *
Anyone bothered by the fact that Al participated in an attempted killing?
Not really. It just means he has grown more mature now. 8D More like, he has no choice since protecting people important to him is the priority.
But wasn't it rather significant that the MangaBrothers Elric are willing to do everything possible to sustain life (even Homunculus life) unlike their anime counterparts? Then again, I could be mixing up the motives between the two versions; I believe the AnimeBrothers' motive for restoring their bodies was based mainly on a desire to regain their innocent pre-transmutation past (Hence, when AnimeEd lost his innocence by killing AnimeGreed, he forfeited all right to get his limbs back). Are the Manga versions on a different beat?

+Quote Post
CodenameElizabet...
post Feb 12 2009, 03:18 PM
Post #56

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 41,714

15... 11... 10...

Makes no real differene to me.
He's still a kid, and that is some pretty heavy stuff he was pondering there the the beginning of the chapter. I enjoyed it immensely. Nice to see Al shown in that light.

Nitpick about age if you will, but I know that personally, at 15, I had little on my own mind besides boys and vidya games. XD

--------------------

BONES SHIPS ROIAI. (We have Proof.)

+Quote Post
crazyanimefan
post Feb 12 2009, 09:39 PM
Post #57

Apprentice

Member No.: 64,696

Off with his head! ^^

Happy to see how Al has matured. Yay for Al!

Sloth is the fastest Homunculi. Who knew? *shrug* I want to see where this Armstrong vs. Sloth battle goes.

--------------------

+Quote Post
The Mad Bomber
post Feb 13 2009, 11:31 AM
Post #58

Alchemists

Member No.: 45,405

All righty then.... lol, can`t help but remain excited about the next chapter... I think Kimbley won`t die just around yet... lets face it, it would be kind of mellow unless it was Scar who got to deal his revenge. I think he`ll either somehow survive that or he`ll use the philosophers stone to turn the tables again.

Tough have to say, a lot of action as you might expect in this one. Couldn`t help, but laugh at Kimbley`s expression as Alphonse began talking about choice.

--------------------

I am love, I am hate, I'm an atheist with faith, Vent my anger with a smile

+Quote Post
FailToImpress
post Feb 13 2009, 02:47 PM
Post #59

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 62,174

Looooved the chapter, just got around to reading it this morning. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Sannom
post Feb 13 2009, 03:39 PM
Post #60

State Alchemist (Major)

lets face it, it would be kind of mellow unless it was Scar who got to deal his revenge. I think he`ll either somehow survive that or he`ll use the philosophers stone to turn the tables again.

Well, Kimblee can't heal himself with the stone, that much we know.

And for Scar getting is revenge, I could see it not happening, and I actually don't want to see it happen. Before, I wanted Scar to beat that bastard for all he did to him and his family. But now, I'm not so sure about it. Scar has "matured" : he is no longer bent on revenge and revenge only. He has new objectives, new allies, things that are more important than his selfish revenge, especially when what he does and what he is now is most likely what his brother would have wanted him to do and "be". Scar is no longer obsessed by Kimblee. But the contrary isn't true : Kimblee is obsessed by Scar. Two times, Scar escaped him. One time, he nearly killed him. The other, he flee and humiliated Kimblee, even commenting how their positions were now the complete opposite of what they were the first time they met. And that is true even on the mental level : now Kimblee wants to catch and kill Scar, he doesn't want anyone else to do it. But Scar isn't that much interested in killing Kimblee anymore. So i don't want Scar's development to be wasted by a fight and talk of revenge against Kimblee. Nor do I want that Kimblee bastard to get what he wants. And I think that Arakawa doesn't want it either. I think she despises revenge.

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th August 2016 - 03:24 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css