Goodbye, Taisa, One Shot: Ed POV Episode 48
Archiver
post Jan 15 2009, 06:57 PM
Post #1

Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 65,573

Goodbye, Taisa

I exit the car and stand in front of Mustang for what could be the last time. Having served beside him all these years was an honor … even if I didn’t appreciate most of it.

For the longest time, I thought Mustang was all about kissing butt to get to the top. To throw that all away to avenge Hughes is very honorable, though. He knows the he’s sacrificed any chance of getting a higher position in the military. In the end though, it was for his friend. That’s admirable.

It is no longer General and Soldier. No, like what he was to Hughes, I would like to consider him a friend.

Mustang tries to salute me, but then he realizes we are no longer dogs.

Instead, he holds his right hand out to mine for a handshake, for what I assume is a symbol of our friendship. Heh. I consider you a friend, Mustang, but I’m not quite ready to go that far.

I tap his hand lightly and I see him smile. That is our friendship.

“Goodbye, Fullmetal,” Mustang says.

“Goodbye, General,” I reply.

With that, I turn my back on him and begin to walk. Slowly at first, but I decide I have to go as fast as my feet can carry me. After all, we both have a mission to do, even if it means dying for it.

Sayonara, Roy Mustang-Taisa.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Author's Note: I know it's pretty short, but after watching episode 48, I felt like I needed to get this down.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2016 - 03:48 AM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css