HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Chapter 91 "Regular" Discussion Thread For First Time Readers (and Others), No future chapter spoilers here, please. :)
Blysse
post Jan 12 2009, 05:49 PM
Post #16

State Alchemist (Major)

Group: Members
Member No.: 64,679

QUOTE (Daydreamer_Alchemist @ Jan 12 2009, 03:22 PM) *
QUOTE (Blysse @ Jan 12 2009, 01:29 AM) *
I am so happy right now, it's not even funny. I cannot wait for that Hoho V Father showdown!

I can't wait for that fight either! X3 It's going to be epic!

Epic is an understatement. ohmy.gif

--------------------

My deviantArt--Anime drawings.
My LiveJournal--FMA Fanfics.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Maphisto40
post Jan 12 2009, 05:59 PM
Post #17

Apprentice

Member No.: 62,650

Speaking of Father vs Hohenheim....

What do you guys think of the theory that Father will somehow absorb all the sacrifices, and the final battle will take place INSIDE him? Is that just too out there? I don't know what to expect anymore, lmao! happy.gif

--------------------

Hagaren manga otaku

+Quote Post
Blysse
post Jan 12 2009, 06:05 PM
Post #18

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 64,679

QUOTE (Maphisto40 @ Jan 12 2009, 04:59 PM) *

What do you guys think of the theory that Father will somehow absorb all the sacrifices, and the final battle will take place INSIDE him? Is that just too out there? I don't know what to expect anymore, lmao! happy.gif

Man... that would be pretty sweet. I mean, there was already that bit with Ed, Ling, and Envy inside of Gluttony. And if Gluttony was made from Father, then Father should be able to do the same thing, eh? Damn, that would be so sa-weet! *Squeal*

--------------------

My deviantArt--Anime drawings.
My LiveJournal--FMA Fanfics.

+Quote Post
jacksparrow589
post Jan 12 2009, 06:45 PM
Post #19

Special Ops (Piratical Gallery Enforcement)

Group: Gallery Moderators
Member No.: 48,158

Re: Final Battle inside Father: That'd be... interesting. I don't think it'll happen, though.

I was seriously angry this chapter. Just when I thought we were rid of Envy for good, he's ba-ack! I about died. I wanna see Mei and Envy fight, though. Has he seen her fight yet? I think he's in for a bit of a shock if he hasn't.

Al made me happy, though. I was literally on the edge of my seat for the first part of that scene, and I let out quite the happy yell when he got that stone. WAY TO GO, AL!

Scar and Ed were funny, too. I love how Ed's angry that they agree. Sooo like him.

Father and Hoho's interation was great, too. I was smirking at the end of the chapter.

I wanna see Greed!Ling and RanFan's reunion, though. I can totally see her attacking him because she senses a homunculus. But wait... wouldn't she know it's him, anyway? Hmmm... Must do research.

--------------------

Credit goes to Causmicfire for my avatar

The Royai Day party might be over, but the fun never stops!
Royai Day 2011 Album
Thank you to all those who contributed!

+Quote Post
Maphisto40
post Jan 12 2009, 06:47 PM
Post #20

Apprentice

Member No.: 62,650

QUOTE (Blysse @ Jan 12 2009, 05:05 PM) *
QUOTE (Maphisto40 @ Jan 12 2009, 04:59 PM) *

Man... that would be pretty sweet. I mean, there was already that bit with Ed, Ling, and Envy inside of Gluttony. And if Gluttony was made from Father, then Father should be able to do the same thing, eh? Damn, that would be so sa-weet! *Squeal*

Sweet and probably really, really gross! Maybe not in the same way as Gluttony was gross, because all that blood was there from all the people/animals/chimeras he ate.

Then again, that theory may be too similar to the ending of the InuYasha manga, where the final battle was fought inside of Naraku after he absorbed the Shikon no Tama and grew really huge.....maybe that's where the idea popped into my head from. Bah, dangit! I don't care, it would still be epic! tongue.gif

--------------------

Hagaren manga otaku

+Quote Post
xXdark_angel_nek...
post Jan 12 2009, 06:51 PM
Post #21

Alchemists

Member No.: 64,808

wow that is a great chapter. i can't wait for the next chapter to come out. happy.gif happy.gif happy.gif

--------------------

Sometimes...... some memories ain't meant to leave traces. ~Alphonse Elric

+Quote Post
mazam
post Jan 12 2009, 08:18 PM
Post #22

Citizen

Member No.: 49,332

Man oh man what a chapter. Very action packed and edge of your seat excitement. Good stuff. biggrin.gif I'm very excited to see what Alphonse is up to. I also thought it was a bit weird he used the stone, or so it appears. Maybe in the heat of it, Al realized there was no other way or thought of what Ed said about thinking of the souls as mindless energy.

On one hand I'm glad Envy is back and on the other I'm not. A part of me thinks he'll be gotten rid of just as quick as Gluttony did with Pride. I wonder what GreedLing is doing? I think last we saw him it suggested he was going after Father since he was an easy target at the time. I wonder if he'll drop in and help Hohenheim or maybe take the glory? And that's when Ranfan comes in somehow? Huh, along with that I wonder if Father looking older then Hohenheim will come to play during the face off?

If we get Roy and his crew back next chapter, I wonder if Wrath will make an appearance? I do think his wife is his weakness. Remember early on when he told Roy his "son" could never be his weakness and then how Wrath pointed out to Hawkeye that his wife was the one choice he made? I feel that's why Roy "kidnapped" her and if Wrath gets wind of that, after the train bombing, I think he'll be very angry. And we all know those suffering the sin of Wrath/Anger don't tend to keep a level head. Thus contributing to his defeat... or maybe a team up with Roy? ohmy.gif

. . .

Is it February yet?

+Quote Post
AA battery
post Jan 13 2009, 01:24 AM
Post #23

Brigadier General

Member No.: 7,450

to hell with EdWin. We all know that a big chunk of FMA's profit comes from pockets of BL fangirls.

Sooo happy with Al + (imperfect) philosopher's stone. Kimbley still has the better stone though, so this is gonna be a tough battle... That was quite unexpected though =D I thought Ed would be the one ending up with the imperfect stone (and faces epic dilemma about whether or not to use it) while Al is more of a... hmm, how should I put it, doesn't waste as much time pondering about stuff and just get straight to business? <3 Yay for plot twist~

May is finally back! Poor girl though, being used by evil Envy D< DIE ENVY DIE.

Hoho-papa VS Father! That's what we've all been waiting for!

Can someone lend me a time travel machine?

--------------------
*June 11, 2013 - New Doujinshis Added*
Hi, I got a bunch of FMA merchandises (keychains, pencil boards, cards, figurines, book in figure red...etc) for sale at my LJ. Please visit my sale post here if interested! Thanks ^_^

+Quote Post
Cece
post Jan 13 2009, 02:12 PM
Post #24

Apprentice

Member No.: 48,077

This chapter was. Badass. Mei you better step it up or run. All the Mei haters are probably celebrating because she's the one who let Envy out. I still love you Mei but you better make up for this screw up. You know I always wanted to see Alphonse P.O ed. It's scary.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Artixte
post Jan 13 2009, 08:50 PM
Post #25

Alchemists

Member No.: 48,298

I was lmao when Mei had let go of Envy. I can't wait to see Envy crush her the fight. Mei's cute a cute character with some badass combat skills don't get me wrong. But I hope to see either Envy crush her or Mei save herself from something totally dangerous for once (high expectations I know)...She'll probably be saved again by someone, like Edward or Scar...

And Alphonse....*shudders with excitement* I definitely can't wait to seem him kick some butt. That last picture of him was so..thrilling X3

--------------------

+Quote Post
HisshouBuraiKen
post Jan 14 2009, 08:04 AM
Post #26

Apprentice

Member No.: 40,851

QUOTE (Maphisto40 @ Jan 12 2009, 01:38 PM) *
Alphonse totally stole that chapter. A pissed-off, Philosopher's Stone-fueled Al was exactly what this manga needed. I cannot wait to see what he does against Pride and Kimblee!

Same here - plus, nothing pleases me more when Al gets pushed too far and slips into talking like Ed XD

+Quote Post
Artixte
post Jan 14 2009, 03:59 PM
Post #27

Alchemists

Member No.: 48,298

Same here! That's how we know for dam sure that they're brothers, bwahaha!

--------------------

+Quote Post
lunneth
post Jan 15 2009, 06:19 AM
Post #28

Alchemists

Member No.: 43,587

i just cant believe hiromu used the c word and al has teh stone yyyyyyyyyaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyzzzzzzzzzeeeeeeeeellllllllllllzzzzzzzzz

--------------------

persona rp: [url="http://www.fullmetal-alchemist.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12717"]
thankyou Arakawa sensei for the 9 years of awsome story lines, characters and plot twists that became Fullmetal Alchemist. it's been one hell of a ride :3

+Quote Post
Gukumatz
post Jan 16 2009, 12:33 AM
Post #29

Citizen

Member No.: 45,648

It occurred to me just now that Sloth going after Olivia means that Father knows that Olivia turned against him. Sloth says (translated by H.): "They said... stop you..."

"They" includes Father, I assume. Unless Sloth - this second thought occurs to me now as I write - unless Sloth is taking orders from the other generals.

I read the chapter quickly the first time and I just took it for granted that Sloth = bad guy, and that Olivia needed someone to fight, so Sloth appearing seemed appropriate. On a more careful reading, I realize that a lot of people must know about Olivia's rebellion by now. Mustang's was already extremely public. Chapter 90 was Briggs soldiers appearing. This chapter 91 is Olivia crossing the point of no return. She's a public rebel, now. (Yay!)

--------------------
-Gukumatz
[ LJ | Song translations | Icon ]

+Quote Post
edo little kid
post Jan 16 2009, 06:54 AM
Post #30

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 49,158

Envy back yaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th July 2016 - 06:06 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css