HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Dogs of the Military, Are you, or your friend or relative in the military? Tell us about it
Dearheart
post Jan 5 2009, 06:26 PM
Post #1

Alchemists

Group: Members
Member No.: 64,903

My dad is a military chaplain, and he left two days ago for Iraq to minister to the soldiers. He'll be gone five months. We miss him already, but we're also very proud of him and don't have any doubts that he'll come safely home to us again. smile.gif

So I thought I'd make a thread for our beloved "dogs of the military" and see if there was anyone else who had a friend or family member in the military. If you do, or if you're simply someone who loves your country and supports the troops, welcome! Please tell us all about it and share your thoughts!

One thing though: This thread is NOT for arguing about the war or anything. If you don't agree with the war in Iraq or if you don't like what happens over there, that's okay. I respect that. But please either keep it to yourself or take it to the Debate District. I want this to be a place of support and encouragement, not heated arguments that'll end up going nowhere.

Okay? Are we cool with that? Good. smile.gif

And because we all love FMA, here's something cute I found. It's a US soldier and a little boy in Iraq playing video games. But look closely...

Notice the boy's right arm and left leg? wink.gif (Where's Winry when you need her?) biggrin.gif

--------------------

Dear pain, it's been a long time.
Remember when you were holding me tight?
I would stay awake with you all night...

~ -:- ~
Ed art by NellaTheFairy on deviantART.
EdWin lovers, click here!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
ScarMySoul
post Nov 12 2010, 05:28 PM
Post #2

Gallery Mod Emeritus

Group: Members
Member No.: 36,754

@ Metastasis ohmy.gif Thanks for everything you do!

To all the veterans out there and who are currently serving, thank you.

My grandfather, his name was Doc Savage... yes yes like the comic books, he was in the Army during WW2 and he was deployed to Saipan. I have tons of photos of him from when he was over there. RIP grandpa. <3

Also my husband is a Navy Veteran, he served for 10 years, he was on the USS Abraham Lincoln, he was stationed in Iceland for three years and his last leg was in Ingleside, Texas on the Mine warfare ships. He was in Bahrain for 6 months in 2006 and he earned a NAM (Navy and Marine Corps Achievement Medal) he found 37 underwater mines 7 minutes apart. I'm so proud of him.

So again, I know this is late BUT thanks to all the veterans for all you do!

smile.gif

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd August 2016 - 07:51 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css