HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Which CoS Death Was The Most Moving/emotional For You?, HUGE WARNING!! Total Spoiler for CoS Movie!!
Rating 3 V
Which was the most moving death in Cos?
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 65
Guests cannot vote 
Claudius
post Jan 29 2009, 07:40 PM
Post #16

Apprentice

Group: Members
Member No.: 42,805

QUOTE (Blysse @ Jan 29 2009, 06:30 PM) *
The second time I was referring to was during CoS, when he abandoned Edward for a second time. I completely agree that that part in the anime series was him trying to help them.
I wouldn't call that abandonment. The series ended with Edward leaving Hohenheim, not the other way around (I like the implication that father and son were somewhat close for those few months, especially in view of Ed's emotional/mental trauma- getting his body & soul constantly rearranged by the Gate, and being dead twice). Edward wanted to be on his own now. And I would think Hohenheim tried to help. Maybe he pulled some strings to get Edward accepted by that world's scientific society (like a recommendation letter to Dr. Oberth). Perhaps he worked with the Thule Society to find a way for his sons to reunite, not realizing the Society would use him as their pawn/prisoner.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Faithmemory
post Mar 10 2009, 07:29 AM
Post #17

Citizen

Member No.: 67,070

Wrath's Death was moving for me.. touchy... ate by gluttony... sad.gif poor kid. He was speaking less in the movie too, so kinda missed him.

also, alphonse heiderich's death too.. was just got shot so easily! >_< sad. he smiled after launching the rocket and got shot...

+Quote Post
Forgiven
post Mar 10 2009, 04:11 PM
Post #18

Alchemists

Member No.: 66,878

Did Roy die? They never really made that clear enough.

+Quote Post
spectator
post Apr 22 2009, 07:23 PM
Post #19

Alchemists

Member No.: 34,836

QUOTE (Forgiven @ Mar 10 2009, 06:11 PM) *

I don't think so. I recall that Roy is suppose to close the door from the alchemy world.

--------------------
'Prince of Dawn' Fanfiction - Envoy of Love: The True Prince

Eastern Headquarters' Attraction - Something fun to read.

CoS and FMA1 Fanfiction - Right person, wrong place, wrong time

+Quote Post
Forgiven
post Apr 22 2009, 07:42 PM
Post #20

Alchemists

QUOTE (spectator @ Apr 22 2009, 10:23 PM) *
QUOTE (Forgiven @ Mar 10 2009, 06:11 PM) *

I don't think so. I recall that Roy is suppose to close the door from the alchemy world.

I know. But doesn't that mean he's going to have to die? Or maybe not. But how would he do it without dieing?

+Quote Post
Mercy_Alchemist9...
post Apr 22 2009, 07:58 PM
Post #21

Alchemists

Member No.: 43,008

QUOTE (Forgiven @ Apr 22 2009, 10:42 PM) *
----
I know. But doesn't that mean he's going to have to die? Or maybe not. But how would he do it without dieing?

If Ed and Al can close the door without alchemy (And not die) and live I think Roy can to.

My theory is is that the 'permanent' doors are just links to The Gate, so they can destroy them without destroying the Gate.

--------------------
We interrupt this signature for an important question:

If it is not approved allowed to post on a thread that has long since died been "resting" for a while, and each member is allowed to open only one his/her own "art collection" thread for posting his/her artwork in fanart forum, then does that mean I can not post my artworks again on my old art thread?
(No, I'm not looking for "Post it in 'The Beauty of Your own Artwork'" as an answer, thank you!)

<Answer: Yes, of course!! Hope to see many more of your artworks!! :) ~ Board Staff>

Off to Michigan! Be back soon!

+Quote Post
sidekick.kep37
post Apr 22 2009, 09:28 PM
Post #22

Alchemists

From: The lair where the Sidekicks hang on their down time
Member No.: 67,873

Wrath was great. In the anime, he was just an annoying pain, but in CoS, it seems he knows there's a bigger picture and acts much more mature and for the "greater good"; he has achange of heart. When he sacrificed himself, I was just absolutely torn. Anyone who dies for a cause greater than themselves, in my book, is a great being (even if it is just an anime). Wrath's death brought shivers up my spine. He was great. <3 Wrath....

+Quote Post
lunneth
post Apr 23 2009, 03:41 AM
Post #23

Alchemists

Member No.: 43,587

heiderichs death was pathetic. he was just killed off for al to come in and his death was nothing special. the most tragic was hohenheim in my opinion. he sacrificed himself and the ammount of tension i felt there. the blood was just unbelievable. i was watching that part and almost yelled "HOW MUCH?".......................yeah

wraths was pretty tragic too.

--------------------

persona rp: [url="http://www.fullmetal-alchemist.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12717"]
thankyou Arakawa sensei for the 9 years of awsome story lines, characters and plot twists that became Fullmetal Alchemist. it's been one hell of a ride :3

+Quote Post
Mercy_Alchemist9...
post Apr 23 2009, 11:01 AM
Post #24

Alchemists

Member No.: 43,008

QUOTE (Lunneth elric @ Apr 23 2009, 06:41 AM) *
heiderichs death was pathetic. he was just killed off for al to come in and his death was nothing special. . .

Actually, I think because of that Alphonse's death was more tragic.
THAT and the fact that he was going to live a little bit longer had he not been shot. Also, he was tricked and died before he could really fulfill his dreams and leave a mark of himself behind like he wanted. And of course he died on shaky grounds with Ed since all he ever really treated him as was like a stand in for his brother.

--------------------
We interrupt this signature for an important question:

If it is not approved allowed to post on a thread that has long since died been "resting" for a while, and each member is allowed to open only one his/her own "art collection" thread for posting his/her artwork in fanart forum, then does that mean I can not post my artworks again on my old art thread?
(No, I'm not looking for "Post it in 'The Beauty of Your own Artwork'" as an answer, thank you!)

<Answer: Yes, of course!! Hope to see many more of your artworks!! :) ~ Board Staff>

Off to Michigan! Be back soon!

+Quote Post
sidekick.kep37
post Apr 23 2009, 01:35 PM
Post #25

Alchemists

From: The lair where the Sidekicks hang on their down time
Member No.: 67,873

Kay, I got the permission from the writer! To all those who are interested in how Roy went about closing the Gate through, IMO, a talented writer, here is Apotheosis

+Quote Post
Forgiven
post Apr 23 2009, 02:26 PM
Post #26

Alchemists

QUOTE (sidekick.kep37 @ Apr 23 2009, 04:35 PM) *
Kay, I got the permission from the writer! To all those who are interested in how Roy went about closing the Gate through, IMO, a talented writer, here is Apotheosis

Thank you.

+Quote Post
ChillyPuce
post Jun 6 2009, 10:59 PM
Post #27

Citizen

Member No.: 69,315

Heiderich.

I think it was moving, how he sacrificed himself for Edward to return home. He probably knew he was going to be killed.

Though there were much more emotional scenes in the movie. It was especially saddening for me when Winry said "I guess this is goodbye for good.". Maybe it's just for me, but losing a childhood friend, and never be able to tell if he's alive or not is so depressive. I'd prefer him dead.

+Quote Post
Rainshine
post Jun 24 2009, 08:14 PM
Post #28

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 64,866

QUOTE (ChillyPuce @ Jun 6 2009, 10:59 PM) *
Though there were much more emotional scenes in the movie. It was especially saddening for me when Winry said "I guess this is goodbye for good.". Maybe it's just for me, but losing a childhood friend, and never be able to tell if he's alive or not is so depressive. I'd prefer him dead.

I know!!!! It's so sad how he just leaves everybody behind like that.
At the end of the movie I was just like:
"What!?!? That can't be the end! It's just.. no.. Waaahhh!!!"
Or you know something like that. rolleyes.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
SpazzyAlFan
post Sep 18 2009, 05:27 PM
Post #29

Citizen

Member No.: 56,673

I find Alfons Heiderich's death more tragic. He never really got to accomplish his dream or atone for his mistakes. And his illness made it even worse.

+Quote Post
Lieutenant Wrath
post Oct 6 2009, 04:30 AM
Post #30

Citizen

Member No.: 70,399

I think i actually cried the most in Wrath's death. Because my nickname is Wrath and he's my favourite homunculus (hint my name). I cried a lot in Alfons's death too, actually I was really shocked as well. I cried a lot in both, especially in Al's funeral, but I think i used up the most tissues in Wrath's.
Woops i accidentally clicked the view poll results buttons insteas of vote button, but I would of voted for Wrath. But both got to me. sad.gif Such a sad movie in parts. Why, WHY did they have to kill them!!! *screams at the sky*
I was also sad when they showed that Izumi had died.
With Hohenheim, the main thing is was thinking was "How much blood can one person have?!?!?!?!" Same as you Lunneth elric.
I also found some other parts tragic, like when it seemed that Al and Ed were going to be separated, but even though I knew they wouldn't be somehow, I was still screaming at the screen.
And with Winry how they wouldn't see each other again.
Yeah... sad.gif But still, I loved the movie!!

--------------------

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th August 2016 - 11:42 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css