HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Which CoS Death Was The Most Moving/emotional For You?, HUGE WARNING!! Total Spoiler for CoS Movie!!
Rating 3 V
Which was the most moving death in Cos?
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 65
Guests cannot vote 
Blysse
post Dec 31 2008, 02:28 PM
Post #1

State Alchemist (Major)

Group: Members
Member No.: 64,679

Since there was "Which Anime death was the most moving?", I decided to open up a version of it for the character deaths in CoS. (And feel free to tell me if I missed anybody, too!)

So, whose death was most tragic? Made you cry the most?

For me, it's a close race between Wrath and Heiderich.

I cried pretty bad when Wrath died, because of how selflessly the little guy sacrificed himself to help Al. And then being reunited with his 'Mother' after just made me bawl senselessly.

As for Heiderich, yes, I was sad. And moved. And I screamed at the TV and wanted to throw things at it because they'd killed off my precious Alfons. But, in retrospect, I can see why they did it. For the ending to happen as it did, with Al coming to Our World with Ed, Heiderich would have to be gone. There can't be two Al's, right? Because Heiderich is Our World's counterpart to Al, and it just wouldn't be right for both of them to exist in the same reality.

So, guys. Share with me. Whose death got to you?

--------------------

My deviantArt--Anime drawings.
My LiveJournal--FMA Fanfics.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Artixte
post Dec 31 2008, 03:27 PM
Post #2

Alchemists

Member No.: 48,298

^ Same here, I'm so torn between Alfons Heiderich and Wrath. Both of them devastated me, but I might be leaning more towards Alfons' death since Wrath purposefully brought his death upon himself.

I thought it'd be pretty awesome if both Alphonses/Alfonses were to meet each other, then they could annoy the hell out of Edward.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rainshine
post Jan 1 2009, 05:10 PM
Post #3

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 64,866

Alfons and Wrath's deaths were both really sad for me, because they had both grown to be such lovable characters.
I think they were both about the same level of sadness for me.
That would be awesome if the two Alphonses met each other. tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Popogeejo
post Jan 1 2009, 07:24 PM
Post #4

Master Alchemist

Member No.: 31,420

Alphonse's death would have been sad had he any personality but as such his death didn't have much effect. Izumi's would have been sad if it hadn't been a side note.
Wrath wins by default really.

--------------------

>Click the picture for me gushing over over Summer Wars shenanigans!<
The various works of FKMT are something you should read

+Quote Post
Nichokiu
post Jan 1 2009, 08:45 PM
Post #5

Citizen

Member No.: 64,190

Definitely Alphons! sad.gif

I was glad that Wrath died- to me that was looooooong overdue...

+Quote Post
Rainshine
post Jan 1 2009, 09:00 PM
Post #6

But Wrath turned good and sweet in the end!
And he helped Alphonse get his brother back..
Sure Wrath was kind of a brat in the episodes, but in the movie he was really awesome.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Archiver
post Jan 18 2009, 01:18 AM
Post #7

Citizen

Member No.: 65,573

Alfons. His whole reasoning behind what he did with his sickness was what anybody else would do, it was sad to see him leave.

I admit Wrath sacrificing himself was nice and all, but I don't like him. I don't like his character. Concept, yes, but he is really whiny.

Now, Hohenheim is pretty close to Alfons. He did a lot of wrongs in his life, but he tried to recitify these mistakes. I'm saddened that Ed and him never really connected and then with the crunch of a jaw, it was all over.

I voted Alfons, but thinking it over, my vote goes to Hohenheim.

+Quote Post
Rainshine
post Jan 23 2009, 08:11 PM
Post #8

Hohenheim's death was pretty sad too, but I wish that they had let the audience get to know him better in the anime. dry.gif
Because if he's an awesome character, but they don't show any of that in the anime, then his death doesn't really mean much.

Izumi's death is sad too.. she was sooooo awesome! I just wish that it hadn't been a side note.
sad.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Saving_Grace
post Jan 24 2009, 07:39 AM
Post #9

Alchemists

Member No.: 33,782

I can't believe no one voted for Hoho! I suppose Heiderich was just more loved (I voted for him).

I didn't really find Wrath's death moving, I was too busy wondering why he and Izumi were naked. As for Envy? Meh, it's hard to feel sympathy for a giant snake.

+Quote Post
xXdark_angel_nek...
post Jan 28 2009, 01:08 PM
Post #10

Alchemists

Member No.: 64,808

well i am going to make easier on every one and say that i was sad when everyone in the movie died. i was so upset when that happen.

--------------------

Sometimes...... some memories ain't meant to leave traces. ~Alphonse Elric

+Quote Post
Blysse
post Jan 28 2009, 02:16 PM
Post #11

State Alchemist (Major)

QUOTE (Rain-Alchemist @ Jan 23 2009, 07:11 PM) *
Hohenheim's death was pretty sad too, but I wish that they had let the audience get to know him better in the anime. dry.gif
Because if he's an awesome character, but they don't show any of that in the anime, then his death doesn't really mean much.

I know. They really... well, slaughtered any chance of Hohenheim being likable in the anime. They gave him terrible reasons for everything he did in regards to the Stone, he abandoned his sons twice. Whereas in the manga, he's actually a pretty decent guy. He actually heals people with himself (being the Stone and all), he makes an effort with Al when they meet up, and now (the end of chapter 92) he's about to go and do something that will, most likely, kill him just to save everybody else. Not to mention that in the manga, he didn't choose to become 'immortal'. It was forced upon him by Homunculus. He's just so much easier to like and feel sympathy for in the manga then the anime. =/

--------------------

+Quote Post
Broken Chouchou
post Jan 29 2009, 11:30 AM
Post #12

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 55,758

QUOTE (Saving_Grace @ Jan 24 2009, 07:39 AM) *
I can't believe no one voted for Hoho! I suppose Heiderich was just more loved (I voted for him).

I didn't really find Wrath's death moving, I was too busy wondering why he and Izumi were naked. As for Envy? Meh, it's hard to feel sympathy for a giant snake.

I felt a combinaton of relief and satisfaction when Wrath died. I mean, he's basically just a wimpier, whinier version of Envy through the whole anime. I know his persona changed a little bit in the movie, but that doesn't make up for all his past annoyance, nor his uncreative appearance. Plus, he killed Lust, who along with Gluttony and Greed is my favourite homunculus. Bastard...

--------------------

Sig and ava by Forsaken Love :3

Bye bye, Edward Elric :(

+Quote Post
Claudius
post Jan 29 2009, 06:12 PM
Post #13

Apprentice

Member No.: 42,805

QUOTE (Blysse @ Jan 28 2009, 02:16 PM) *
I know. They really... well, slaughtered any chance of Hohenheim being likable in the anime. They gave him terrible reasons for everything he did in regards to the Stone, he abandoned his sons twice.
I dunno, I rather liked AnimeHohenheim. Here is a apparently evil man who was redeemed by the love of Trisha and their children (His confrontation with Sloth, and his reminisces...that won me over).
And he abandoned them once. The second time was to help his kids. He thought Dante was way out of their league, and decided to deal with her himself, as a father would do. It's not his fault Dante had a secret weapon and sent him to another world.

+Quote Post
Blysse
post Jan 29 2009, 06:30 PM
Post #14

State Alchemist (Major)

QUOTE (Claudius @ Jan 29 2009, 05:12 PM) *
I know. They really... well, slaughtered any chance of Hohenheim being likable in the anime. They gave him terrible reasons for everything he did in regards to the Stone, he abandoned his sons twice.
I dunno, I rather liked AnimeHohenheim. Here is a apparently evil man who was redeemed by the love of Trisha and their children (His confrontation with Sloth, and his reminisces...that won me over).
And he abandoned them once. The second time was to help his kids. He thought Dante was way out of their league, and decided to deal with her himself, as a father would do. It's not his fault Dante had a secret weapon and sent him to another world.

The second time I was referring to was during CoS, when he abandoned Edward for a second time. I completely agree that that part in the anime series was him trying to help them.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rainshine
post Jan 29 2009, 06:48 PM
Post #15

QUOTE (Blysse @ Jan 29 2009, 05:30 PM) *
QUOTE (Claudius @ Jan 29 2009, 05:12 PM) *

The second time I was referring to was during CoS, when he abandoned Edward for a second time. I completely agree that that part in the anime series was him trying to help them.

Yeah, I agree he helped Edward in the series, and when they were in our world, he sort of acted as a support to Ed, because he was the only other person from their world.
But, I still wish they gave him just a little more personality and background in the anime.

--------------------

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th August 2016 - 04:41 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css