HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

16 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 10 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Art & Animation Style, Character Designs Of FMA-2: Brotherhood Anime, Warning! Possible spoilers for FMA-1 & FMA:B!
Rating 5 V
Which do you like better so far?
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 243
Guests cannot vote 
luluseason
post May 29 2009, 01:43 PM
Post #106

Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 69,073

I don't hate the new art, but i prefer the old one, personally.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
FullMetalFist
post Jun 1 2009, 12:02 PM
Post #107

Citizen

Member No.: 50,694

I just watched episode 9 and it still seems there are parts where the art gets funky. It looks good, it just could be better. I know all anime shows have parts where the art gets weird. I feel FMA: Brotherhood could be a little more consistent. The show is awesome though.

+Quote Post
Kale Mustang
post Jun 1 2009, 12:32 PM
Post #108

Major General

Member No.: 67,527

Sure there are inconsistencies with the animation/art for Brotherhood, but I think it may be due to the fact that they want to get past all of the parts that were already shown from the first series fairly quickly. Past that, they'll probably take their time since characters/plot points that were manga-specific have yet to be done; I'll probably be that the pacing will slow down a bit too once they reach that point.

+Quote Post
Mhacy
post Jun 12 2009, 03:33 AM
Post #109

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 69,452

tbh i really love the new art.
yeah the old art was fascinating also.
but the new art really starstruck me. wub.gif

--------------------

Just say...." I DO....."

+Quote Post
Forsaken Love
post Jun 16 2009, 08:59 AM
Post #110

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 69,408

I REALLY love the new art style. It's so much more fluid and it just looks brilliant and I love that they have made Ed's hair colour more blonde like it's meant to be, I didn't really like the colour much in the first series. The animation is just gorgous, I am totally buying DVD's the moment I can (allthough that won't be for ages even when it gets to America **** you region block) The only thing I dislike is that I really think they made Ed's hair too long this series. It is actually really long XD and I'm sure the length seems to vary, there arn't too many scenes where its that noticable though so I guess its forgivable wink.gif haha, I noticed it a lot in that scene where Ed was annoying Winry when she was making his new automail.

--------------------

+Quote Post
kkg22104
post Jun 16 2009, 11:10 PM
Post #111

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 68,640

QUOTE (Forsaken Love @ Jun 16 2009, 11:59 AM) *
I REALLY love the new art style. It's so much more fluid and it just looks brilliant and I love that they have made Ed's hair colour more blonde like it's meant to be, I didn't really like the colour much in the first series. The animation is just gorgous, I am totally buying DVD's the moment I can (allthough that won't be for ages even when it gets to America **** you region block) The only thing I dislike is that I really think they made Ed's hair too long this series. It is actually really long XD and I'm sure the length seems to vary, there arn't too many scenes where its that noticable though so I guess its forgivable wink.gif haha, I noticed it a lot in that scene where Ed was annoying Winry when she was making his new automail.

I agree with you about Ed's hair color. In FMA1 it was more of a dirty blond, and freaking orange at times. I think his hair and eyes are technically supposed to be "golden," but blonde is still closer than orange.

And about the hair length, Ed isn't the only person with hair that keeps changing length. Winry's and Maria's hair is drawn inconsistently too, which bothers me a little. They should pay more attention to details. dry.gif I'm still hoping the art will improve by the time new manga characters come in, which is about another 4 weeks.

--------------------

Sig made by Forsaken Love ^_^

+Quote Post
Zanuff
post Jun 30 2009, 03:14 PM
Post #112

Citizen

Member No.: 69,802

I will write this in few words... New technic of Arting the FMA chars sux they look ugly like hell , they aren`t even compared with first serie chars.. They was more worked this is like a paper draw , we seen more soul and devotion on first serie Art.

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Jun 30 2009, 03:22 PM
Post #113

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

When it's working well, I really like the new art style in this series. Color are softer than the previous series, and I agree with others that this gives out kind of like water-color feeling, and I like that. Not that I didn't like the style in the old series, but I welcome the change of pace. The characters' faces are closer to manga, and that's nice to see for a change as well. The background..when it's executed well, I love it! But, there are only few episodes so far that shines as the example of good quality workmanships, IMO, and the rest of episodes had some rather noticeable drop in art quality, and that has disappointed me so far. Now, only if we can get some consistency in the quality of workmanship... that would be nice. :P

-----------------------

<Program Note>

QUOTE (Zanuff @ Jun 30 2009, 06:14 PM) *
I will write this in few words... New technic of Arting the FMA chars sux they look ugly like hell , they aren`t even compared with first serie chars.. They was more worked this is like a paper draw , we seen more soul and devotion on first serie Art.

@Zanuf - Could you try to present your case without bashing, please? smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
BluePhoenix
post Jul 4 2009, 02:23 AM
Post #114

Citizen

Member No.: 69,640

I actually really like the new art. I like how the outlined Ed's hair, instead of using black, or any other darker color, they use a lighter shade of his and I love it. Also, I really like the coloring in the new series. The first series in my opinion, tends to use colors that almost look... primary. BRIGHT red and BRIGHT blue. But the new series uses more real colors I guess. I just like it more I guess.

--------------------
~*Always smile, it makes people wonder what you're up to...*~

+Quote Post
rzerox21xx
post Jul 17 2009, 05:38 PM
Post #115

Alchemists

Member No.: 69,867

I'm going to let out how I feel about the new series style and this is my honest feelings.

I love the art style, yeah it been said its closer to the manga which is true. Arkawa mean't the male characters to be beefy and masculine and the females curvy and femine. I love it and it's less bishounen which I perfer, snice every anime always have bishounen, its good to get out of that once in a while. Ed looks more manly and Winry looks good, I love how curvy her body and yeah, it might be my small crush on the girl(yes, I know she's doesn't exist, I would like a girlfriend to get my mind off anime chicks.) Riza looks prettier than ever especially in the upcoming game in that chinese dress. I like the bright coloring, I guess it fits well with the series with less angst, more lightheartness and humor. The first series was darker, angsty and more serious so the darker coloring for that series fit well. Atleast that's how I see it.

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Jul 20 2009, 08:11 AM
Post #116

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

I'm bringing this info that was posted by thunderbreak on FMA: B Future episode discussion thread, because I think this partially explains the INCONSISTENCY of animation style we have been seeing in this series.

QUOTE (thunderbreak @ Jul 20 2009, 09:13 AM) *
According to duckroll in animesuki here
ep 16 is done by those with ep 6,
ep17 is by those done ep7,
18-those done ep 13
19-those ppl done ep8.

credit goes to duckroll
for information
ep6-go to resembool to get repair automail from winry
ep7-national library burnt,meet scheiska
ep8-5th laboratory
ep13-beast of dublith

credit goes to wikipedia
EDIT:
it seems ann got its details on which ep is direct by whom ,and on script,art and so on

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encycloped...me.php?id=10216
i think we may predict what the next few ep will look like.

@thunderbreak - Wow, thank you for that info! (For those not familiar, this is from the same source that has been giving us the inside info on FMA: B anime, and known to be quite reliable. ^^)
So, allow me to rephrase what thunderbreak has posted:

* Episode 16 is done by the same Bones animation team that worked on episode 6
* Episode 17 is done by OUTSIDE company, ACGT (that's the name of a Japanese animation production company) by the same team who also did episode 7
* Episode 18 is done by OUTSIDE company, Telecom, and by the same team who also did episode 13
* Episode 19 is done by the same Bones animation ream that worked on episode 8

Also, there is another info from AnimeNewsNetwork's data for FMA: Brotherhood anime, as posted by thunderbreak above, and put this two info together... we get this...

* Episode 1 was done by ?
* Episode 2 was done by ? (assuming the same team who did ep 12)
* Episode 3 was done by OUTSIDE company, Studio Comet
* Episode 4 was done by OUTSIDE company, Triple A
* Episode 5 was done by ? (assuming the same team who did ep 14)
* Episode 6 was done by BONES team - a
* Episode 7 was done by OUTSIDE company, ACGT
* Episode 6 was done by BONES team - b
* Episode 9 was done by OUTSIDE company. Studio Comet
* Episode 10 was done by ?
* Episode 11 was done by OUTSIDE company, Triple A
* Episode 12 was done by ? (assuming the same team who did ep 2)
* Episode 13 was done by OUTSIDE company, Telecom Animation Film
* Episode 14 was done by ? (assuming the same team who did ep 5)
* Episode 15 was done by OUTSIDE company. Studio Comet
* Episode 16 was done by BONES team who did ep 6
* Episode 17 was done by OUTSIDE company, ACGT
* Episode 18 was done by OUTSIDE company, Telecom Animation Film
* Episode 19 was done by BONES team who did ep 8

I'm assuming it's sort of usual practice to have so many different teams dividing up the series and working on them, and although overall I like the style of animations in this series, somehow the inconsistency in animations from one episode to another in this series really sticks out for my taste, and although I enjoy watching the series and I still think the series is highly entertaining, but I hope the inconsistency will improve as the series progresses. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Red Shrimp
post Jul 20 2009, 06:57 PM
Post #117

Citizen

Member No.: 70,065

I'd like to watch the previous episodes again and see the inconsistency of the artwork. Good grief, I've never observed that! Haha! I'm too inclined with the drama and how it affects me so much.

But what I liked in FMA:B is the fighting scenes, it's much better than the FMA 03, IMO.

--------------------
I'm not small! I just live in a big world goddammit!

+Quote Post
kkg22104
post Jul 20 2009, 07:39 PM
Post #118

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 68,640

QUOTE (Tombow @ Jul 20 2009, 10:11 AM) *
I'm assuming it's sort of usual practice to have so many different teams dividing up the series and working on them, and although overall I like the style of animations in this series, somehow the inconsistency in animations from one episode to another in this series really sticks out for my taste, and although I enjoy watching the series and I still think the series is highly entertaining, and I hope the inconsistency will improve as the series progresses. smile.gif

Thanks for the info Tombow smile.gif

So that explains why sometimes the art was different. I remember thinking to myself that Ed's eyes looked funny in some episodes (like 1 and 6) and then in the next episode he'd be back to manga style.

--------------------

Sig made by Forsaken Love ^_^

+Quote Post
Vagrant
post Jul 20 2009, 08:18 PM
Post #119

Apprentice

Member No.: 31,830

That's just annoying.

How do we get them to just use the guys that did the first two episodes? D:

--------------------
I made a blog about things.
(Disclaimer: blog may also contain stuff)
Please take a look. I'd appreciate any comments.

+Quote Post
ed elric lover
post Jul 22 2009, 08:07 AM
Post #120

Citizen

Member No.: 69,055

i love of style of Edward Alphonse and riza hair and the background

--------------------

+Quote Post

16 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 10 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th June 2016 - 04:35 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css