HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

24 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 10 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
FMA-1 Vs. FMA:Brotherhood Discussion: Comaparing FMA-1 anime series vs FMA:Brotherhood, How each/both series measures up in your opinion? (Spoiler Warning!
FMA-1 Vs. FMA:Brotherhood Discussion: Comaparing FMA-1 anime series vs FMA:Brotherhood
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 287
Guests cannot vote 
Little Washu
post Jun 3 2009, 10:01 PM
Post #106

Lt. General

Group: Members
Member No.: 31,492

QUOTE (Kirara @ Jun 3 2009, 08:09 AM) *
Sigh do people not read the previous posts? You do realize that they are doing something new with it. This series is following the manga which ends up having a completely different story than the first series. It just starts off similar at first.

I know all that. I mean something different from both the manga and anime. That means new characters like Armony, and different storylines. Something set completely apart. I've read the manga, and it's great an all, but seeing it animated doesn't make it any more interesting...it's still the same thing, only in motion.

But anyway, I just wanted to clarify what I meant. And since that's not what this thread is for, I'm done.

--------------------

d a| Y a k u s o k u |t u m b l r
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kirara
post Jun 4 2009, 04:40 AM
Post #107

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 3,267

QUOTE (Little Washu @ Jun 3 2009, 10:01 PM) *
But anyway, I just wanted to clarify what I meant. And since that's not what this thread is for, I'm done.

Well then I apologize for misunderstanding you. I guess I jumped the gun because I see a lot of other people thinking this series will be exactly the same as the last one. So anyways I am sorry.

QUOTE ('AA battery')
Anyway, I certainly hope that the manga will finish before the new-anime.... (in other words, within 10 months)

This is my worry too that somehow the manga won't finish before the new anime is set to finish (and then the quicker episode pacing would really make no sense). But at one point Arakawa said she thought the manga would run for a 100 chapters which would only be 5 more chapters. I definitely didn't think that was enough. But I also don't think more means volumes and volumes more either. I think she could finish the manga with 10 or 12 more chapters. At the very least I think it is clear we are in the last arc. And I would hope the animators met with her to get a rough idea of when and how the series will end. Maybe that is why we don't have an episode count either.

+Quote Post
FMAobsessed
post Jun 4 2009, 08:13 PM
Post #108

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 52,558

I want to know when we will have an official episode count for FMA Brotherhood. In the Royai thread, one of the posts was a recent interview with Arakawa about the manga. She said in the interview that the manga will be longer than she expected because she has a lot more things she wants to draw. I don't remember what page it was on, because the Royai thread is long and we post fast on it.

I haven't been as pumped for the Brotherhood episodes because they still kind of follow the story of the first anime series and the manga. I will definitely be more excited when we get to the manga content that first series never covered.

+Quote Post
zonkiethegreat
post Jun 8 2009, 08:41 AM
Post #109

Alchemists

Member No.: 55,197

I'm disappointed so far with the amount of SERIOUSNESS this series is LACKING!! It seems like every scene is in that crazy comical Japanese style that I am not liking! The original series had very FEW of those moments, because lets face it, the subject matter of FMA is HEAVY. So why why WHY do I have to see Al dancing around a pink background holding up little Japanese fans in his hands? While Ed's face contorts into ridiculous forms??? I LOVE THE MANGA, and I understand that the manga has a lot of comedy in it as well, but that is ON PAPER. This is ANIMATED! So why on earth are they doing this???

I REALLY REALLY hope it gets more serious, I mean even Hughes death in this version seemed to be VERY rushed, I almost wasn't sad about it. Maybe because I've already seen it? I dunno, I feel like this series is wwaaayyy too silly thus far.

I'm just watching because I am dying to see Briggs and Ling! I hope that by then they get a little darker, and slow it down a bit.

--------------------

Visit the Roy X Winry fansite : http://royxwinry.weebly.com

+Quote Post
Kasumisty
post Jun 8 2009, 09:03 AM
Post #110

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 59,111

QUOTE (zonkiethegreat @ Jun 8 2009, 05:41 PM) *
I'm disappointed so far with the amount of SERIOUSNESS this series is LACKING!! It seems like every scene is in that crazy comical Japanese style that I am not liking! The original series had very FEW of those moments, because lets face it, the subject matter of FMA is HEAVY. So why why WHY do I have to see Al dancing around a pink background holding up little Japanese fans in his hands? While Ed's face contorts into ridiculous forms??? I LOVE THE MANGA, and I understand that the manga has a lot of comedy in it as well, but that is ON PAPER. This is ANIMATED! So why on earth are they doing this???

I REALLY REALLY hope it gets more serious, I mean even Hughes death in this version seemed to be VERY rushed, I almost wasn't sad about it. Maybe because I've already seen it? I dunno, I feel like this series is wwaaayyy too silly thus far.

I'm just watching because I am dying to see Briggs and Ling! I hope that by then they get a little darker, and slow it down a bit.

BECAUSE ALL THIS IT'S FROM MANGA.

Period.

I know this answer won't satisfy you, but it's all adaptated from manga - panel to panel. Yes, there are lot of Al with fan, which I personally find hillarious and a lot of humor, because it's a humor genre, not emo or drama (the latter partially). It MIGHT feel overused and humor may be sometimes placed in seemingly wrong spots, but that's what FMA is all about! Arakawa said that she don't like concentrate on sad scenes and put a lot of comic relief. But if you like the first series angst, I guess there's no way to like this series.

--------------------
Due to the cancellation of the end of FMA, Kasumisty must think of new signature.

It may take a while.

+Quote Post
Zanuff
post Jun 30 2009, 03:23 PM
Post #111

Citizen

Member No.: 69,802

I will write this fast, Season one ... Was like Dragon Ball Z way of getting amazed... Season 2 is like a total colapse ... The characters draw is very ugly ... Believ me if they woulded took the first chars, Brotherhood was a good point to watched , i tryed but i don`t like it .. I miss the old chars, i understand is faster for them to make episodes , but believ me is much much much uglyer to and they lose alot. If is that good in this studio to make FMA why is not anymore that feeling when u see Edward look on old pictures with FMA and look on this new chars of Brotherhood , jeez realy crapy and cheap work. If they been profesionals it woulded been the same but i guess the old drawers left and this are not very usefull.
And BTW why to don`t say this season sux.. Cuz it does Season 1 allways will kick Season 2 cuz u can`t compare like i sai,d they sould they putted more soul on drawing the chars.

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Jun 30 2009, 03:33 PM
Post #112

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

QUOTE (Zanuff @ Jun 30 2009, 06:23 PM) *
I will write this fast, Season one ... Was like Dragon Ball Z way of getting amazed... Season 2 is like a total colapse ... The characters draw is very ugly ... Believ me if they woulded took the first chars, Brotherhood was a good point to watched , i tryed but i don`t like it .. I miss the old chars, i understand is faster for them to make episodes , but believ me is much much much uglyer to and they lose alot. If is that good in this studio to make FMA why is not anymore that feeling when u see Edward look on old pictures with FMA and look on this new chars of Brotherhood , jeez realy crapy and cheap work. If they been profesionals it woulded been the same but i guess the old drawers left and this are not very usefull.
And BTW why to don`t say this season sux.. Cuz it does Season 1 allways will kick Season 2 cuz u can`t compare like i sai,d they sould they putted more soul on drawing the chars.

@Zanuf - I would like to remind you again that bashing is not allowed on our board, and this is NOT a rant thread. If you'd like to participate in discussions on our board, please present your case without bashing the subject.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mhacy
post Jul 1 2009, 06:56 AM
Post #113

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 69,452

FMA: B FTW~!

it's not that i dont like the first anime but I really loved the new series.
first of all it is manga-based.
and compared to the first anime i like the storyline of brotherhood.
though the first one was also awesome happy.gif

the animation improved a lot especially the fight scenes.
that made me eager to watch to the next episodes. biggrin.gif

--------------------

Just say...." I DO....."

+Quote Post
Zenoseiya
post Jul 6 2009, 06:42 PM
Post #114

Citizen

Member No.: 58,504

We got shafted! Mere words cannot express the intense hatred I feel toward BONES and their mediocre crew. Feel free to abandon all hope, because this new series sucks just as bad as the first attempt. Cheers!

+Quote Post
penguintruth
post Jul 6 2009, 07:19 PM
Post #115

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 60,921

QUOTE (Zenoseiya @ Jul 6 2009, 09:42 PM) *
this new series sucks just as bad as the first attempt. Cheers!

Since the first series didn't suck at all, you must really enjoy this one, then.

--------------------

Fullmetal Alchemist is over! Thank you, Hiromu Arakawa! ;_;

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Jul 7 2009, 10:08 AM
Post #116

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

<Program Note>

QUOTE (Zenoseiya @ Jul 6 2009, 09:42 PM) *
We got shafted! Mere words cannot express the intense hatred I feel toward BONES and their mediocre crew. Feel free to abandon all hope, because this new series sucks just as bad as the first attempt. Cheers!

@Zenoseiya - Welcome to our board. Could you try to be a little more descriptive and with more detailed info, probably with some examples to support your case with your comment? Otherwise, as of now, your post above is basically a rant and bashing of the first and the second series, and nothing to build the discussion on. I'd love to hear your opinions on the series, but please stop the rant and bashing and try to explain your points in more constructive manners. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
FullMetalFist
post Aug 23 2009, 12:07 AM
Post #117

Citizen

Member No.: 50,694

People have been talking about the fight scenes a lot, saying Brotherhood has better fight scenes. I do not see it, I think the first series had just as good animation. O well, I guess I just can not see it, maybe my eyes need checked.

+Quote Post
Zii
post Aug 23 2009, 04:52 AM
Post #118

Citizen

Member No.: 10,818

The first series had better, more consistent animation, IMO. But I can't say I like it more than Brotherhood, because I like the manga story more. Wrath isn't a bratty little askffska#$%!, for one... and that means a lot to me 8D I'll take a story with half the life cut out of it than him, any day.

+Quote Post
_Jelly
post Aug 23 2009, 05:10 AM
Post #119

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 31,991

Even though Brotherhood has done well to imitate Arakawa's style, I always like the first series' style better. Also, like others have mentioned, it was more consistant. I only like Brotherhood because it follows the manga. In terms of music, consistency and overall looks, the first series was beter for me.

Even its story telling (though it derailed) was great and was good at tugging at your emotions, while in Brotherhood I feel nothing for no one not even Nina or Hughes. Maybe it's because I knew it was coming...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Nzm
post Aug 23 2009, 05:16 AM
Post #120

Citizen

Member No.: 70,107

Brotherhood for manga storyline, animation, music, emotion and some humour.
But FMA1 wasn't bad, music was nice, storyline too (though worse than manga and FMA:cool.gif and I liked the dark atmosphere of it (however I think that Brotherhood will get darker soon, just like manga did).

+Quote Post

24 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 10 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th July 2016 - 07:41 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css