HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

24 Pages V  « < 14 15 16 17 18 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
FMA-1 Vs. FMA:Brotherhood Discussion: Comaparing FMA-1 anime series vs FMA:Brotherhood, How each/both series measures up in your opinion? (Spoiler Warning!
FMA-1 Vs. FMA:Brotherhood Discussion: Comaparing FMA-1 anime series vs FMA:Brotherhood
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 287
Guests cannot vote 
Ama-ri
post Nov 11 2010, 12:56 PM
Post #226

Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 73,157

QUOTE (Misty- Nala @ Nov 11 2010, 02:25 PM) *
Yet, even Scar wasn't as bad as Hughes.

In anime 1

[attachment=10065:25_23.jpg]

[attachment=10066:untitled.jpg]

In Bh

[attachment=10067:char_7467.jpg]

[attachment=10068:61.jpg]

I know it's probably going to be explained by "in the early episodes, the characters were still a little off" but that long face picture is unforgivable!

I mean, how can one simple character be so shamelessly destroyed? Did BH animators think he wasn't important enough to be styled properly since he wouldn't last for long? Or was it because he was such an important character in Anime 1, the could cut some slack with the newer one? I don't see Hughes as a comic relief; to my mind, he is the best and the most interesting character in FMA. No one can ever live up to his legacy. It really saddens me he wasn't given enough attention to draw him properly.

I'm sorry, but I totally have to disagree on this. Yes, every now and then he looked off, however most of the time he looked like he should look. Hughes is a man. An a really manly man. Brotherhood portrays that very well. One reason why its so funny how he loves his daughter is because of his manliness. Hughes has a distinctive face. He looks different, how every character in Brotherhood/the Manga looks different. They're all individuals and don't use the same "base" for their faces like in Anime1. That's one thing I adore so much on Arakawas art and the way Brotherhood managed to adapt that style.

Oh, and what I always wanted to say: Anime1 fails at facial proportions. I know a lot about proportions, since I'm drawing for years and proportions are one thing I'm totally correct with. (anime, yes, but I'm drawing and painting realistic, too (not only attempting, I CAN do that.)) The reason is the nose. It's too long/Is too low. On every Anime1 character. Just try to adapt those proportions on a real human face and you'll see. Another thing I don't like about Anime1 art style is that it's bishounizing (yay for neologism.) its characters. They all look as if they were taken from a random shoujo manga. They all look too perfect. And ultimately, they all look the same.

I don't say that because I want to say "BH is so much better asdfghjkl". But it's a fact. Proportions aren't a thing you like or dislike. They're either correct or off.

--------------------

Signature & Avatar Artwork by Me

Deviantart | Weblog (ger)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Misty- Nala
post Nov 11 2010, 03:25 PM
Post #227

Apprentice

Member No.: 64,416

QUOTE (Claudius @ Nov 11 2010, 07:13 PM) *
QUOTE (Misty- Nala @ Nov 11 2010, 05:25 AM) *
Anime Scar is a character; he has feelings and his personality changes. You come to care for him and his faith and past make you burst into tears. In manga and Bh, Scar is just a minor side-character. He is a killer, nothing else. Despite the fact that he tags along and helps to save Amestris, he stays the same. His new life after the manga anyway doesn't really make sense but since manga and Anime 1 had to be opposites I assume it was only necessary not to kill him this time...
Hate to disagree with a fellow Anime1 lover, but Anime1Scar doesn't change his goal of vengeance. He saves Al, sure, but he does it by destroying an entire army. He acknowledges that what he is doing is wrong, but can't get over his bitterness. He stands as a symbol that Revenge is wrong, and corruptive to one's person.
His death is a big foreshadow for Anime1Roy and what revenge does to him.

I should have probably explained my point better. Yes, I do remember he killed soldiers and died in process. What I meant was, as you said, the anknowledgement of the unmorality of his deeds. I'm not saying he did right which he in a way didn't but he gave up his hatred for the State Alchemists. Yet, as you again reminded me, he is already dead inside because of the revenge he gets (?). I'm sorry, I haven't watched Anime 1 for some time so my info is getting a bit tangled with manga events. Thanks for correcting me and clarifying my point happy.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
rosieechan
post Nov 11 2010, 03:34 PM
Post #228

Apprentice

Member No.: 74,287

Despite the fact that he tags along and helps to save Amestris, he stays the same.

I'll have to completely disagree with this. He DOES change.
The moment where Winry shows him that revenge isn't everything--when she makes him stress on the fact that revenge leads to more revenge--it totally develops his character as well as Winry's. From when she had tried to help him, we see a development in both characters (but I'll focus on Scar). Scar had been portrayed before as a serial killer yes, but he gradually comes to realize his master's words...

"You're telling me to forgive the people that tried to destroy our race?"

"I am not telling you to forgive, I am telling you that you must endure." (don't remember the exact quotes, sorry)

And my personal favorite: "The world will grow if people build positive feelings and hold back negative feelings." Scar eventually comes to realization in what his brother's words meant.

Scar doesn't just change himself, he changes others as well. He makes Ed see why life is worth living, and he makes Ed to grow stronger in that sense...Ed grows to be more determined.

His new life after the manga anyway doesn't really make sense

Why shouldn't it make sense? Isn't the major theme of Brotherhood/manga to live your life, and to try to change the world in order "to make it a better place", as hawkflame said? That's exactly what Scar does in the future. Instead of living his life killing state alchemists and then dying, he does his best to survive so that he can help bring his race back and also help the Amestris' people accept the Ishvalan culture.

I can't remember one single scene where BH Scar had any other expression on his face than that "grunt".

He smiles in episode 64:
http://i27.tinypic.com/2zexhjk.jpg
I thought it was kind of symbolic for Scar's smile to be reserved in the ending. Dunno.

And I think Hughes was drawn fine. Personally, I adore Arakawa's art style, and BH's art is extremely similar to hers. This quote:
One reason why its so funny how he loves his daughter is because of his manliness. Hughes has a distinctive face. He looks different, how every character in Brotherhood/the Manga looks different.

smile.gif

Misty- Nala, no offense, but I think you're the one who tries to convice other people to your opinion and you're starting a war. You're posts are so aggresion-filled.

Eh, she's just stating her opinion, just like everyone else is, isn't she? She isn't outright disrespecting or hating on anything, as far as I can tell. We can all discuss our opinions and differences with respect. happy.gif

You might not like what they did, but you got to admire their guts.

I do, most definitely. I admit that FMA-1 was quite original. biggrin.gif

Anyway, part of the reason I love BH/manga so much is because of the themes. I love how it can relate to all of us. Arakawa-sensei certainly does an amazing job with getting the major "Fullmetal Heart" theme out there...that you need to overcome pain to find happiness. I love Ed and Al's strong sense of loyalty and determination to get their bodies back together...I love Ed's "not giving up" characteristic (live your life!)...I love its use of diverse characters...I love the character development for not just the main characters, but for the side characters as well.

FMA-1 did really well, I think...but it was the gaping plotholes that bothered me. While the story/conclusion was original, it left out some bits that I had hoped would be cleared up in the end...and a solid ending IS pretty important in leaving you with an overall opinion of an anime. Brotherhood was more of a consistent, actual story with backstories, conspiracies, developed plot (I mean, you can clearly tell that Arakawa-sensei had planned this all out), emotional (but not too emotional) scenes, and many lovable characters that truly makes it unforgettable. It leaves you completely satisfied in the end.

--------------------

Pink n Black icons @ LJ

EdWin :: AlMei :: LingFan :: Royai

+Quote Post
Misty- Nala
post Nov 11 2010, 04:50 PM
Post #229

Apprentice

QUOTE (rosieechan @ Nov 12 2010, 12:34 AM) *
FMA-1 did really well, I think...but it was the gaping plotholes that bothered me. While the story/conclusion was original, it left out some bits that I had hoped would be cleared up in the end...and a solid ending IS pretty important in leaving you with an overall opinion of an anime.

Sorry, I'm really picking on you happy.gif But could you explain just what plot holes do you mean. Everyone keeps complaining about the plot holes of the first anime. I really don't see a point. I mean, sure you can't call the manga perfect since it resulted in some pretty cheap plot points later on ( and I have even heard some extreme manga fans admit it). In my opinion, Fma 1 was a solid story of its own and I really can't find any holes in its story other than those that were there for narrative reasons.

Yet, I do admit that Edward's "I'm hungry" after he digs up his own mom's remains had me cover my eyes in shame. Who the heck wrote that?

--------------------

+Quote Post
rosieechan
post Nov 11 2010, 07:09 PM
Post #230

Apprentice

this is going to be a long post...and might be a tiny bit off topic...

QUOTE (Misty- Nala @ Nov 11 2010, 06:50 PM) *
QUOTE (rosieechan @ Nov 12 2010, 12:34 AM) *
FMA-1 did really well, I think...but it was the gaping plotholes that bothered me. While the story/conclusion was original, it left out some bits that I had hoped would be cleared up in the end...and a solid ending IS pretty important in leaving you with an overall opinion of an anime.

Sorry, I'm really picking on you happy.gif But could you explain just what plot holes do you mean. Everyone keeps complaining about the plot holes of the first anime. I really don't see a point. I mean, sure you can't call the manga perfect since it resulted in some pretty cheap plot points later on ( and I have even heard some extreme manga fans admit it). In my opinion, Fma 1 was a solid story of its own and I really can't find any holes in its story other than those that were there for narrative reasons.

Yet, I do admit that Edward's "I'm hungry" after he digs up his own mom's remains had me cover my eyes in shame. Who the heck wrote that?

Aha, that's fine. smile.gif
All stories do have plotholes, even Brotherhood/manga, I agree (though the manga does very well to explain everything) like how exactly the Homunculi were created, etc. But the FMA-1 left me filled with many questions and some little things made me think that they were purposely added into the ending because they couldn't think of anything else. sleep.gif' I don't remember every detail of the anime (I watched it long ago ^^'), but here goes nothing.

Just some random questions: Why can't Al do clap-alchemy? Or better phrased, why was Ed able to do calp-alchemy, and why wasn't Al able? Why did Envy feeding Philosopher's stone to Wrath make him suddenly evil (I can't remember this answer...)? What annoyed me a lot was that Winry's reaction to Roy killing her parents were never actually mentioned again...it just left it hanging. sleep.gif' And the role of Winry...meh. >.>

The Philosopher's Stone, Scar, and Al: Up to this point, I had followed it understanding everything, but when I reached this part, I was becoming confused. (I might have forgotten the answer to some of these, sorry!) So why exactly did Scar want to make a Philosopher's Stone? How exactly did he transfer his tattoo? How did AL become a Philosopher's Stone?

And why exactly was Rose used? So Dante uses Rose to lure Edward? What exactly was the baby for? How did it work? (IMHO, it seems to me like the anime producers used her as a plot device or something, because it wasn't adding up. In Brotherhood/manga, you know exactly what's happening, exactly how it's happening, and the puzzle fits together as each episode/chapter reveals some important detail, eg Al's body like a bomb, the conspiracy, the Homunculus, the final plan, etc. And best, it all makes sense. It all connects SO well, even from the very beginning episode/chapter, and closes with a terrific conclusion to finish it off...I never got this feeling when I was watching FMA-1, and that was where most of my problems for it was coming from. It felt like it was just left hanging...)

Which leads us to the most important: where the heck was Al's body during this whole time? The anime never explained that clearly...how did Ed manage to get him back alive with no memories (this was the part I was truly confused about...it never exactly showed how he did that, it just moved along the next scene)? Why doesn't Al have any memories...somehow they were lost? Why is he cosplaying Ed >.< (rhetorical)?

Anyway, I just found some stuff really confusing for FMA-1 by the end. It was going in an awesome direction with Dante and all, but then it got weird in the end and there were some gaping holes. And some listed above might be a bit irrelevant, but I can't remember much right now. ^^;

Now, don't judge me for someone who ultimately hates the anime. XD Because I don't; I like it a lot. I just think that there were a few (well, maybe more) unanswered questions; HOWEVER, it was a pretty fantastic anime in general. The suspense, I got chills as they discovered a new secret or something exciting, like that secretary being Sloth, and Winry finding out, Dante, the hommunculi and their backstories, etc...but in the end, it wasn't really wrapped up as well as I hoped, so I kind of was disappointed.

--------------------

Pink n Black icons @ LJ

+Quote Post
Claudius
post Nov 11 2010, 08:56 PM
Post #231

Apprentice

Member No.: 42,805

QUOTE (rosieechan @ Nov 11 2010, 06:09 PM) *
Just some random questions: Why can't Al do clap-alchemy? Or better phrased, why was Ed able to do calp-alchemy, and why wasn't Al able? Why did Envy feeding Philosopher's stone to Wrath make him suddenly evil (I can't remember this answer...)? What annoyed me a lot was that Winry's reaction to Roy killing her parents were never actually mentioned again...it just left it hanging. sleep.gif ' And the role of Winry...meh. >.>
Didn't the manga withold Al's clap-power for a while until the Marta-Bradley situation? In the Anime1, by the time he was in a position to find out if he acquired such an ability, he had become a PS which meant NO Alchemy or else.
As for Winry, I think her situation with Roy was handled well. It was rather complicated. Her talks with Riza and Gracia gave her confused about a man who inspired such loyalty and yet did such an awful thing to her. She then learns that the Homunculus control the government and that the Elrics are now outlaws by said government. Hearing Roy's story has made her understood his pain about the murder and how it motivated him to try to make amends by becoming the great man. Besides, she realized that Roy was the only ally the brothers had, and that any petty wish against Roy (telling the brothers to avoid him or demanding an apology) might hurt his protecting Ed and Al. She had to think of the bigger picture.

The Philosopher's Stone, Scar, and Al: Up to this point, I had followed it understanding everything, but when I reached this part, I was becoming confused. (I might have forgotten the answer to some of these, sorry!) So why exactly did Scar want to make a Philosopher's Stone? How exactly did he transfer his tattoo? How did AL become a Philosopher's Stone?
Making a philosopher stone was Scar's big Frack U against Amestris and its State alchemists. Keep in mind that Anime1Scar was unable to give up his desire for vengeance against Amestris destroying his country. Since the PS was every State Alchemist's dream, his creating it through the lives of State soldiers was poetic justice. "You want it, you got it, but not the way you wish." Scar made Al into the PS as the only way to save his life after Kimbley contaminated his body.

And why exactly was Rose used? So Dante uses Rose to lure Edward? What exactly was the baby for? How did it work?
-Dante thought Rose was the perfect specimen for soul-transfer.
-It was Al that was the bait. Dante just manipulated Rose into believing Ed wanted her.
-According to the Anime1, children can be a key to opening up the Gate without sentient transmutation (and without losing something in the process).

Which leads us to the most important: where the heck was Al's body during this whole time? The anime never explained that clearly...how did Ed manage to get him back alive with no memories (this was the part I was truly confused about...it never exactly showed how he did that, it just moved along the next scene)? Why doesn't Al have any memories...somehow they were lost? Why is he cosplaying Ed >.< (rhetorical)?
It's implied that it remained in some sort of unaging stasis inside the Gate. When Edward transmutated himself, he restored Al body & soul. However, the law of equivalancy is not perfect, and the Gate is unpredictable. Al (perhaps due to the price of resurrecting Edward) lost his memories of his armor years, while Edward (either because his successful resurrection made him mostly immune to the Gate or the Gate had its own idea of offer) was transported to the real world. Such imperfections is part of Anime1's theme that things don't happen the way you want it.
And Al's cosplay is his way of keeping his brother alive in his memory (Then again, what if Izumi gave them matching uniforms, and this was Al's chance to wear his?)

+Quote Post
Misty- Nala
post Nov 12 2010, 01:18 PM
Post #232

Apprentice

Thank you, Claudius for clearing everything out. You did way better job than I would have done. happy.gif

And, yes, Winry isn't the center of the story in Anime 1. She is the childhood friend but without the romantic emphasis the manga has. Yet, I think there might be a sligh crush on her side which can also be mixed with care and sibling-love. All in all, she isn't the main-character and these feelings are never explained thoroughly and I like it the way it is.
The first anime is more focused on Elric Brothers; everything that happens concerns them. While Manga deals with a more serious, nation threatening about-to-be disaster, Anime 1 focuses on the brothers only. Other characters are occasional helpers especially at the end of the show.

--------------------

+Quote Post
rosieechan
post Nov 12 2010, 04:17 PM
Post #233

Apprentice

Ah, thank you, Claudius, for clearing that up! biggrin.gif You explained it really well; I understand it a bit better now. Though I'm still confused on where Al's body was, it still doesn't make much sense to me. -__-' And even though I can respect Al cosplaying Ed a little more now that you've answered that, I'd still like to see Al being his own unique character and doing his own thing and not just Ed's "little brother".

Misty-Nala - that might have been why I prefer the BH/manga. It really irks me when a story has a lot of potential but doesn't clear stuff up in the end (eg, Ed/Winry relationship). It just leaves it there, and it feels like you're missing an important element.
And I tend to love the side characters rather than the main characters, so that might have been the problem as well. ^^'
But FMA-1 still made it to one of my favorite animes happy.gif I just like BH/manga much better because it's everything I've always hoped/wanted to be in a good story, and it cleared up everything that wasn't addressed or concluded in FMA-1. ^^

--------------------

Pink n Black icons @ LJ

+Quote Post
Misty- Nala
post Nov 13 2010, 12:31 PM
Post #234

Apprentice

QUOTE (rosieechan @ Nov 13 2010, 01:17 AM) *
I just like BH/manga much better because it's everything I've always hoped/wanted to be in a good story, and it cleared up everything that wasn't addressed or concluded in FMA-1. ^^

That's pretty much the idea of having two stories: the plot twists and elements that weren't covered in the other were present in the alternative. I pretty much prefer it that way. The two FMAs are pretty much perfect opposites, and one can choose which version to follow. Of course, one must remember that some side plots were in Anime 1 also but they weren't explained ( like the Ed/Winry potential crush). I remembered last night there was a scene in CoS when Winry says: "He doesn't want me to wait for him anymore". So, one can make their own assumptions but to my mind there is a chance Ed/Winry relationship had potential even in the First Anime but because of the different plot, it never got a chance to bloom. Fma 1 relies more on the viewers; it doesn't explain everything but gives the audience a chance to form their own theories. In the manga, everything (information, plot, plans...) is given on a plate. I'm not saying it's bad; it's just a wonderful way to have different takes on the same base and try different ways of narration.

--------------------

+Quote Post
rosieechan
post Nov 14 2010, 06:47 PM
Post #235

Apprentice

^ No matter, I still prefer...uh, canon to something that fans can theorize.
I guess to each her own then. happy.gif

--------------------

Pink n Black icons @ LJ

+Quote Post
Fullmetal666
post Nov 14 2010, 10:52 PM
Post #236

Citizen

Member No.: 71,879

I like the first anime better then the Manga/Brotherhood storyline.
The characters had feelings and emotions that we could all relate with.
It give characters like Lust a real personality, and character development, and I was sad when she was killed. In the Manga/Brotherhood storyline, she's a boring character.
I like that the story gets darker towards the end of the first anime. The Manga, and Brotherhood(especially Brotherhood)have humor in places where it doesn't make sense, and there's way too many Ed is short jokes.
I feel that Danta is a better villain then Father. Danta's goal to live forever is a pretty down to earth goal, and makes sense since everyone's afraid to die. Father's plan feels way to complex.

--------------------
Lust: Maybe you are right. Where did I come from, and where will I go when I die? Maybe all this time, that is what I wanted... the freedom to find out.

+Quote Post
S.F. Thunder
post Nov 18 2010, 12:55 PM
Post #237

Citizen

Member No.: 71,177

Personally, I try not to compare the two FMA anime. It's not that I consider FMA-1 some kind of discontinuity that is better avoided or anything, but it's just so incredibly different from the manga and Brotherhood that I find it much easier to consider it a different anime entirely so that I can enjoy it for what it is instead of thinking things like "oh, well this was so much better in the manga!" or "I wish this character was in the first anime!" and "the ending for the manga was so much better than the first anime's!"

To me, the manga/Brotherhood and Anime-1 are not two different versions of the same story. They're different stories. The mechanics behind the two stories are even different, such as how alchemy works or how homunculi are made or who's who and why someone did something. Beyond the first few episodes, there is absolutely no comparison.

I like anime-1. It was the first exposure I had to Fullmetal. Unfortunately, I had only watched an episode or two before I got bored or my attention drifted elsewhere. It wasn't until four years ago that my friend offered to let me borrow her FMA manga and I really got into the series. She had the first eight books then, and I devoured those. I loved the series.

I wanted more FMA, so I watched the only anime of it available- Anime-1. It was different and that kind of bothered me, but I watched ever single episode, even started making music videos. I could summarise every episode and even knew the names for most of them. I absolutely loved this anime. There were a few things I was skeptical about, like the whole parallel worlds thing, but other than that, I was totally satisfied.

In fact, CoS was the only part of FMA that I can truthfully say I wasn't particularly fond of. I simply didn't like mixing a fantasy world with the real world and Nazis and splitting everyone up and holy Arceus was that supposed to be a happy ending or am I looking at it wrong? It just didn't satisfy me, but honestly, the idea could have worked...if it was a standalone movie instead of the ending of FMA. I dunno, personal opinion.

As much as I loved Anime-1, I was absolutely ecstatic about Brotherhood. I had always hoped that we would get an animated version of the manga's story, because my love of FMA grew up on the manga, and I tend to like the thing I was first exposed to more than things that come after. (For example, a lot of people don't like the Apollo Justice game of the Ace Attorney series, but it was the first game of the series that I played and therefore I'm extremely fond of it) I have to admit, though, there was a lot about Brotherhood I didn't like. It came off as very half-assed, and the fact that the art was constantly changing bugged me a lot. But I liked a lot of other things, like some of the changes that were made (Ed punching open the gates, guys?) and the music, and especially the voice acting- even if Kimbley and Envy sound like they've got something in their throat in the English dub. (I actually like dub more than sub, even if my favourite character (Kimbley) sounds like a chain smoker...) In all, I was just glad to have more FMA, and it wasn't a complete disappointment.

I will admit, the manga is my absolute favourite version of the story. There are a lot of reasons why I like anime-1; I'm not saying the manga is superior. I just prefer the manga. (It's like how I like vanilla better than chocolate. Both are amazing, but I like one better. Or that I really like Digimon, Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh but Digimon is my favourite of those anime. They're all different and I like them all, but I have my favourite. Does that make sense?)
I liked the characters as they were presented in the manga, and how there was no such thing as a minor character- all of the secondary characters had some kind of depth. I prefer the manga's story and the manga's end. I love Ling and Greeling. I was totally satisfied with the ending, and feel that there's no need for a sequel.

Anime-1 was dark. I like dark. It had a bittersweet ending. I love happy endings, I hate sad endings, but bittersweet endings are always satisfying when done right. I myself like my psychopath villains to be just psychopaths and I don't really want to feel sorry for them, but if done right, a villain with a dark past and a reason to be evil is great, too; the Homunculi had this. (though I have to say I didn't care for Sloth or Wrath) If I don't compare Anime-1 to the manga, I can see Anime-1 as an amazing story in its own right, with a lot of interesting twists and characters. To me, it is its own separate story, and I like it like that.

I don't really like when people make all of these comparisons, because in my opinion, they're all good in their own way. You can't compare them, because then you'll end up hating one because you think the other is so much better.

That's how I look at the whole Anime-1 vs. Brotherhood/Manga thing. And because of it, I can easily enjoy Anime-1, Brotherhood and the manga without thinking that one was terrible compared to the other.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Dark-Winds
post Dec 28 2010, 11:08 PM
Post #238

Apprentice

Member No.: 75,903

I personally prefer Brotherhood/the manga story line.

However, I do think that both animes have their strengths and weaknesses.

The first anime did a good job of putting in episodes that were just meant to be silly or funny. They were filler episodes and some were even taken right out of the manga. One example being "Dog of the Military." Brotherhood, however, did not include any of these small filler episodes, and it almost seemed as though they were just trying to get through the series. Another thing that I liked about the first anime was the breath taking background art. The scenery was always amazing. Even though it is good in Brotherhood as well, it stands out to me more in the first anime. Another thing that I liked more about the first anime was the music. I felt as if Brotherhood repeated the same background music a lot, while the first anime always kept it different.

However, there are many things that I like more about Brotherhood. The character designs are amazing. Some of the characters who I noticed a great change in were Ed, Winry, Riza and Kimblee. Their designs became more true to the manga. The new designs simply made them look better overall. I also prefer the overall plot of Brotherhood/the manga. I felt as though I could understand it more, while the first anime had a few plot holes and confusing aspects to it. I also felt that there was maybe a little too much angst in the first anime, and that the manga/Brotherhood could handle the emotions of the characters better. Everything that happens with the homunculi just seems better in Brotherhood to me as well. If there was one thing that I didn't understand in the first anime it was Sloth = freaky water lady? I dunno, maybe that's just me, but I didn't think that she resembled the sin of Sloth much at all. I also liked a lot of the manga/Brotherhood only characters, such as Ling, Lan Fan, Pride, Father and Mei.

And I'm a sucker for couples. So is just my personal opinon, but I felt as though there were a lot more Ed x Winry and Roy x Riza moments in Brotherhood.

--------------------

Roy x Riza - Edward x Winry - Ling x Lan Fan - Alphonse x Mei - Havoc x Rebecca

+Quote Post
rosieechan
post Dec 29 2010, 11:25 AM
Post #239

Apprentice

Dark-Winds, I must say, I completely agree with everything. You've pretty much summed up my opinion for this ^^

--------------------

Pink n Black icons @ LJ

+Quote Post
Dark-Winds
post Dec 29 2010, 12:08 PM
Post #240

Apprentice

Member No.: 75,903

QUOTE (rosieechan @ Dec 29 2010, 01:25 PM) *
Dark-Winds, I must say, I completely agree with everything. You've pretty much summed up my opinion for this ^^

Haha, I'm glad to see that someone agrees with me ^___^

--------------------

Roy x Riza - Edward x Winry - Ling x Lan Fan - Alphonse x Mei - Havoc x Rebecca

+Quote Post

24 Pages V  « < 14 15 16 17 18 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th June 2016 - 08:17 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css