HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

31 Pages V  « < 26 27 28 29 30 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
FMA: Brotherhood OST-1, OST-2, OST-3, OP & ED Theme Musics Discussions, Info & available music links on 1st post!
A Pierrot's Aria
post Jul 6 2010, 01:51 PM
Post #406

Special Ops (Friendly Member Advisor)
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 68,926

Wow, thank you for posting, Kasumisty! biggrin.gif With all the postcards and stuff I've finally been swayed into getting the CD so I just preordered it. 8D

And I've always loved Brotherhood's soundtrack as much as I did FMA-1's; I believe that they're both awesome in their own rights and find both sets of music very nice to listen to.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
hilary
post Jul 6 2010, 11:12 PM
Post #407

FMA Information Liaison

Group: Members
Member No.: 48,256

wow!!thanks for sharing!!Kasumisty biggrin.gif
I'll try to buy this cd soon~ maybe I could sharing all the music if
nobody is going to upload them all tongue.gif~~

--------------------
just call me --> hil~ o w o

+Quote Post
madamcoffee
post Jul 7 2010, 02:11 AM
Post #408

Citizen

Member No.: 73,419

I love Brotherhood's soundtracks. To me, they are better than old series soundtrack. For no reason really, but Brotherhood's sountracks sound more like classical music, the old one's like normal anime songs. But among anime sountracks they are the best for me.

P.S. When I have money I wanna buy those 3 soundtrack albums as soon as possible. Ed is so handsome in every cower. *giggles*

--------------------
"A lesson without pain is meaningless."

+Quote Post
BirdieNumNum
post Jul 7 2010, 04:17 AM
Post #409

Apprentice

Member No.: 71,394

Just been listening to the OST 3 tracks on Youtube. I'd completely forgotten that it was coming out around now!

I think Brotherhood's OST is just as good as FMA1's. I think the problem Brotherhood had wasn't the tracks themselves, but that the placement of them could be a bit hit and miss sometimes.

+Quote Post
Vlyse
post Jul 7 2010, 06:17 AM
Post #410

Alchemists

Member No.: 69,791

I separated the available OST into separate links for those interested. The number is by their track listing.

2. Knives and Shadows

4. Crime and Punishment

7. The Intrepid

13. A Soldier's Honor

14. Amestris Military March

25. Philosophorum Omega

27. Epilogue ~A New Journey~

29. Trisha's Lullaby ~A Reminiscence~

31. Resembool's Lullaby

--------------------

+Quote Post
amestris_star
post Jul 7 2010, 06:45 AM
Post #411

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 67,594

QUOTE (hilary @ Jul 7 2010, 08:12 AM) *
wow!!thanks for sharing!!Kasumisty biggrin.gif
I'll try to buy this cd soon~ maybe I could sharing all the music if
nobody is going to upload them all tongue.gif~~

That would be lovely! smile.gif

And thanks to both Kasumisty and Vlyse... can't wait to have the complete one!

--------------------

"I'm sorry... thank you..."
Credit for signature art goes to: http://www.geocities.jp/yn_cq/ for the amazing Royai artwork! And to Michiyo for the avatar coloring!

+Quote Post
allykatty1
post Jul 7 2010, 02:11 PM
Post #412

Apprentice

Member No.: 42,571

QUOTE (Broken Chouchou @ Jun 25 2010, 12:31 AM) *
Personally, I don't think the second cover was terribly in character either. Can't really see Ed as a peaceful enough person to play/compose music. Possibly after the end of the series, perhaps tongue.gif

I've noticed something though. (Maybe I'm stating the really obvious here, but it isn't until now that all three covers are out that I realised how nicely they fit together).

Lol, true! I guess the idea of Ed composing music at all in the first place is a little OOC. XD But after getting used to it, I love all three covers now! They really do go well together. smile.gif

I also really have come to prefer the Brotherhood soundtrack to Anime1's. While "Brothers" will always be head and shoulders above most of what I've heard in any series' soundtrack, when comparing the two as a whole, I love the orchestral feel of Brotherhood (which the covers rightly reflect!) and I also think it has much, MUCH better action tracks than the first anime. Even though I hate the "Italian restaurant" music and "Spiral of Truth," others tracks MORE than make up for it, like "Battle Scherzo," "Crisis in the North," "Beyond the Gate," "Nightfall in Central City," "Next Chapter," "Xing Symphony ~ Overture"... I could go on, lol! Many of them are some of my favorite tracks I've ever heard in any movie or TV show.

I wonder what people think of the Anime1 OP/ED themes versus Brotherhood, now that it's complete? While I don't think anything in Brotherhood quite equals "Rewrite" or "Ready Steady Go," those two songs aside, I prefer the OP/EDs of Brotherhood over those of Anime1. Especially "Let It Out," which may be my favorite song of the past year. happy.gif

Can't wait to get my copies of both new CDs!

+Quote Post
penguintruth
post Jul 7 2010, 03:46 PM
Post #413

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 60,921

Brotherhood's OST has grown on me over time, but it's still clearly inferior to the first TV show's, with a lot of just generic pieces, and many of even the best tracks used in the wrong places. I'll agree that Brotherhood had superior action tracks, though. "Battle Scherzo" is probably my favorite track of the series.

Still, "Brothers", "Sin", "Dante", "Hope", "Amestris", "Greed", "Way Home", and others have more impact on me. Though FMA1 did cheat in a way, borrowing some music from Beethoven ("Spirit") and Chopin ("Tune of Seperation"), and CoS had few original compositions (most of them being retreads of the series music).

As for OPs and EDs, I think it's probably a tie. By the way, I HATE "Ready Steady Go". It's an awful, droning song with bad vocals. L'Arc's only good contribution to FMA was their songs for CoS. I think "Rewrite" and Brotherhood's "Golden Time Lover" are my favorite of the bunch. Though I mostly like the latter for its Engrish. POKAA FACE!

Looking forward to the third Brotherhood OST, nevertheless. Just because it isn't as good as the first show's music, doesn't mean it's not awesome.

--------------------

Fullmetal Alchemist is over! Thank you, Hiromu Arakawa! ;_;

+Quote Post
Broken Chouchou
post Jul 7 2010, 03:52 PM
Post #414

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 55,758

There's my instrumental version of Trisha's Lullaby! Been looking for that, thought it was part of the previous OSTs.

@allykatty1: I agree with your thoughts on Brotherhood's soundtrack. Except I came to like the Italian Plaza track, after some 40 episodes (I admit it made me cringe at first) tongue.gif There are some songs that don't really hit the right spot, but overall, the OST of Brotherhood is quite good, and sometimes great.

Regarding the OP/EDs, I think Brotherhood is easily the superior of the ones. It's not like I dislike the OP/EDs for the original series (for example I love the second ED, "Through the Door", and stand by that it's one of the best EDs in either adaptions), but generally those of Brotherhood are so much better, both in terms of music, and animation to go with it.

--------------------

Sig and ava by Forsaken Love :3

Bye bye, Edward Elric :(

+Quote Post
Flamez_Freak
post Jul 8 2010, 06:41 AM
Post #415

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 66,548

To me , fma 1's ost was good . . Not great . Just good . There were a few tracks which were outstanding , but there were a few which were downright boring to listen to .
Brotherhood's ost tops it . . The third ost has turned out well , (haven't heard all the tracks yet) . . I'm satisfied . . And the covers are awesome too . . Its like , Ed was gearing up to perform on the big stage . . And in the end , he does it . . .

--------------------

+Quote Post
ukickmydog
post Jul 8 2010, 08:57 AM
Post #416

Citizen

Member No.: 74,808

no links up yet?

+Quote Post
madamcoffee
post Jul 8 2010, 10:45 AM
Post #417

Citizen

Member No.: 73,419

QUOTE (Flamez_Freak @ Jul 8 2010, 04:41 PM) *
To me , fma 1's ost was good . . Not great . Just good . There were a few tracks which were outstanding , but there were a few which were downright boring to listen to .
Brotherhood's ost tops it . . The third ost has turned out well , (haven't heard all the tracks yet) . . I'm satisfied . . And the covers are awesome too . . Its like , Ed was gearing up to perform on the big stage . . And in the end , he does it . . .

Totally agree with you!!! The covers like if he is getting ready to perform on the big stage and he looks revealed and so peaceful with the lighting in the last cover. I still think brotherhood's osts better than the first one. But I like the first series soundtrack too. But not all of them. I can listen to brotherhood's all soundtrack albums without getting bored really. Every one of them is good to me.

--------------------
"A lesson without pain is meaningless."

+Quote Post
AXavierB
post Jul 8 2010, 12:35 PM
Post #418

Apprentice

Member No.: 74,365

penguintruth

Gotta disagree with you on "Ready Steady Go". That's the song I most associate with the franchise. Probably because it's the OP that was used when I first started watching. =P

--------------------
"There is no such thing as wrath inside me."

+Quote Post
Turdaewen
post Jul 8 2010, 01:32 PM
Post #419

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 60,395

QUOTE (madamcoffee @ Jul 8 2010, 02:45 PM) *
QUOTE (Flamez_Freak @ Jul 8 2010, 04:41 PM) *

Totally agree with you!!! The covers like if he is getting ready to perform on the big stage and he looks revealed and so peaceful with the lighting in the last cover. I still think brotherhood's osts better than the first one. But I like the first series soundtrack too. But not all of them. I can listen to brotherhood's all soundtrack albums without getting bored really. Every one of them is good to me.

I feel the same way...
FMA 1 OTSs look a little too... 'anime' like, in a sense. Which may be good, but it also gets a little tiresome. FMA:B's, thought, it's more "Soundtrack" like, as one you would hear in a movie... it's more 'listenable' in other contexts outside the series, which proofs, for me, it's quality in terms of music.

--------------------

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
"By the power of truth I, while living, have conquered the universe"
Faust, Göethe

+Quote Post
Ama-ri
post Jul 8 2010, 02:46 PM
Post #420

Citizen

Member No.: 73,157

I really liked what I've heard from the 3rd OST so far. This one will probably as awesome as the first two soundtracks.

(only my personal opinion below.)

So if we get to comapre the music from Brotherhood with the first series, I'll say FMA1 is inferior to FMA:B in terms of the OST.

FMA 1 had a good soundtrack but it lacked variety and memorable tracks. The only track which stood out from this OST was "Brothers" which is still an awesome piece. Here and there there are quite some better tracks (I like "Amestris" quite much.) than the others but none of them was really memorable. Listening to the Soundtrack outside of the Anime made me sleepy and it felt like it was one very long track.

Fitting for the series, yes. Listenable without the series, not really.

So moving onto the FMA:B OST: I really love it. It's one of my overall favorite Soundtracks (Next to Hama Takeshi's for "Kobato", Yuki Kajiura's for "Pandora Hearts" and "Tsubasa Chronicles", Gran Musik for "Umineko no Naku koro ni" and Yasuharu Takanashi's for "Jigoku Shoujo"). FMA:B has quite much awesome pieces, and a lot good ones. There are some tracks I don't like that much, but I don't dislike any. I actually came to love "Pastorale Rondo" which falls into the Italian Restaurant Category.

My overall favorite tracks thus far (without counting what I've heard from the 3rd OST) are "Lapis Philosophorum", "Trisha's Lullaby", "Anticipation", "Battle Scherzo", "Crisis in the North", "Laws of Alchemy", "Main Theme ~ The Fullmetal Alchemit ~", "Far East Suite", "Stepping Along", "Entr'Acte", "T.B.C." and "The Plot Thickens". As you can see there are many. And the rest is fairly good as well. The FMA:B OST has been in my Playlist for quite some time and the tracks have been played about 970+ times which made Akira Senju my 4th most played interpreter since Sep 2009 (if I can trust last.fm.). So as you can see, I really like this OST.

The problem with the FMA:B OST is, that some pieces are overused (Battle Scherzo for example) or sometimes misplaced. Sometimes the chosen track fails to take you emotionally with the actions of the series. However, if it hits, it hits hard.

The OST is fitting in my opinion and I could listen to it endlessly (ok, I exaggerated.) even without the series.

So as for the OP and ED theme songs. The two series are relatively on par.

In FMA1 I really like "Melissa" and "Rewrite" for the Opening songs and "Kesenai Tsumi" and "Tobira no mukou he" for the Ending Songs. Apart from "Melissa" they were all instant hits for me. Melissa took its time to grow on my but in the end it's one of my overall favorite anime opening songs. "Ready Steady go" is alright and "Undo" is a bit...meh. for me at least. However I really really dislike "Motherland" and "I Will". Seriously.

In FMA:B there aren't really any tracks which were able to be on par the the four songs mentioned above. I listened to Yui way to much before the Anime started so I'm not as hyper about "again" like many others. Still, it's agood song. I don't dislike it in any way. "Hologram" took a bit time to grow on me, but now I really like it. The animation of "Golden Time Lover" was my overall favorite, but the song is only alright. "Period" on the other hand is really awesome. For me at least. I heard it once and already loved it. SID being the artist for the last ED was a bit of a letdown for me, but "Rain" is a fairly good song nonetheless.

"Uso" as the first Ending was a nice song to close off the first story arc and "LET IT OUT" probably the best of all the EDs from brotherhood. "Tsunai da te" is...on par with "Motherland" from the first series. so uh. well. not my taste. "Shunkan Sentimental" was quite good and "Ray of Light" was alright.

To sum it up: FMA1 had for me 4 songs it really liked, 1 was alright and I disliked the other 3.
FMA:B had 3 really good songs for me, 4 good ones, 2 were alright and 1 I disliked.

so uhm, yes. =D

--------------------

Signature & Avatar Artwork by Me

Deviantart | Weblog (ger)

+Quote Post

31 Pages V  « < 26 27 28 29 30 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th July 2016 - 03:37 PM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css