HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

31 Pages V  « < 15 16 17 18 19 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
FMA: Brotherhood OST-1, OST-2, OST-3, OP & ED Theme Musics Discussions, Info & available music links on 1st post!
Kasumisty
post Mar 24 2010, 07:55 AM
Post #241

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Group: Members
Member No.: 59,111

Thank you very much!

I don't have much to say about every one of them, so I will pick mostly my favourite ones.

Some of them are so similiar to the first OST's ones, I thought they just copied them.

03. Pride

Track is kind of boring at the beginning, but it sends chills down my spine, when the music crescends at the end.

04. Envy Revealed

Very nice and dramatic.

05. The Plot Thickens

Mentioned similiarity. This one is like lacking "Clash of Alchemists"

09. Desolation

Again, "Lapis Philosophorum", anyone? Though, I like it anyway, it seems "remixed"

10. The Fullmetal Alchemist~Legato~

Main theme instrumental. Kind of nice.

11. Nocturne of Amestris~Duet~

Sends me to sleep. Peaceful~

12. Daylight in Amestris

Wow, I don't think I've heard this one yet. Maybe will be played at the end : x I love it.

13. Nocturne of Amestris

Like this one as well. (It is different than the ~Duet~ one.) It has nice atmosphere.

15. T.B.C.

Again, simply "Laws of Alchemy" ripoff...

20. The Land of Ishvala

Fits. But wasn't it used when Ranfan reappeared?

24. Versus Homunculus

Woah, gets my blood boiling. And original! *le gasp*

25. Battle Scherzo

Ohh, Mustang vs. Lust's and 26th episode's one! One of my favourites. I approve.

26. Far East Suite~Pizzicato~

Oh. I like it as much as the original. Reminds me of Ling's nature, lol. So playful.

27. Pastorale Rondo

Nina's episode one tongue.gif Took it long enough. I like it very much.

31. Brotherhood~Postlude~

Hm, I think I've heard this one before. It's beautiful, but I was hoping for something new...

Apart from being slighly unoriginal, it has its awesome pieces.

--------------------
Due to the cancellation of the end of FMA, Kasumisty must think of new signature.

It may take a while.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Mar 24 2010, 09:04 AM
Post #242

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

<Program Note>

Here is the thing... IMO, we probably shouldn't publicly post the download links, or our board may get in trouble. tongue.gif
However, hilary has legally purchased OST-2, and hence, in my opinion it should be fine if she personally shares that with her friends by PM. ^^

Hence, I edited your guys' posts to reflect this.
(And while I'm at it, merged some of the posts so that the thread looks less "chatty" biggrin.gif )
Anyone who's post got edited, sorry... ^^

And, in particular, I edited out the download links from hilary's post, and changed that to personally sharing them (links) through PM.
Anyone who is interested, please personally send the request for the links by PM to hilary. smile.gif
@hilary - Thank you so much for sharing these OST songs/tracks personally with our friends!! ^^
When you get PMs with "personal" requests, could you, kindly, use PM and share the links that way??
That would be very much appreciated!! biggrin.gif

----------------------------

And, related to this....
@Kasumisty or anyone - Could you, by any chance, put up each of these songs/tracks like you kindly did with OST-1 songs/tracks??
If you could, then I will edit the track list on the first post with those "click here to listen to the songs" links so that anyone who would like to just listen to them (vs downloading them) can get to listen to them??

Anyone who could help us out that way (by hosting these tracks so that members can listen to them) that would be very much appreciated!! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kasumisty
post Mar 24 2010, 09:35 AM
Post #243

@Tombow - sure, I can do that.

STREAMS:

01.ゴールデンタイムラバー (Golden Time Lover) (TV size) (スキマスイッチ SukimaSwitch)

02. Mount Briggs~Overture~
03. Pride
04. Envy Revealed
05. The Plot Thickens
06. Xing Symphony~Overture~
07. Anticipation
08. Nightmares
09. Desolation
10. The Fullmetal Alchemist~Legato~
11. Nocturne of Amestris~Duet~
12. Daylight in Amestris
13. Nocturne of Amestris
14. つないだ手 (Tsunaida Te) (TV size) (Lil'B )
15. T.B.C.
16. Entr'acte
17. Period (TV size) (CHEMISTRY)
18. No Answer
19. Crisis in the North
20. The Land of Ishvala
21. Lapis Philosophorum~Piano Solo~
22. Mount Briggs~Undulation~
23. What Lies Beneath
24. Versus Homunculus
25. Battle Scherzo
26. Far East Suite~Pizzicato~
27. Pastorale Rondo
28. Stepping Along
29. 瞬間センチメンタル (Shunkan Sentimental) (TV size) (SCANDAL)
30. To Be King
31. Brotherhood~Postlude~

Sorry for (again) Polish site for streams. I was thinking about MegaVideo, but it can have some nasty limits. It should work just fine, anyway.

--------------------
Due to the cancellation of the end of FMA, Kasumisty must think of new signature.

It may take a while.

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Mar 24 2010, 09:37 AM
Post #244

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

Awesome!! Thank you so much, Kasumisty!!!! happy.gif

Added the links on the first post also. (Scroll down to the bottom of the first post for OST-2) biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Qashqai
post Mar 24 2010, 09:50 AM
Post #245

Citizen

Member No.: 72,134

I totally love this OST over the first one. :F I think it finally changed my opinion that the Brotherhood's OST wasn't as good as the first series'. Though I don't like the "emo tracks", the first series' ones were more climatic :F or just the whole series was emo so I could associate these tracks with better scenes (in the Brotherhood's case I only associate them with Winry... o_O). But screw the emo tracks, the action ones are purely awesome. I like the Xingese theme and the Ishvalan one (even though it was only in one prevew and then when Ranfan came back, so I think it sounds more Xingese than Ishvalan, heh). Also, number 19 and 30 are awesome. happy.gif but I really like the whole soundtrack. That was quite nice suprise, I didn't look forward to it after the first OST which I didn't like... XD'

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kale Mustang
post Mar 24 2010, 10:21 AM
Post #246

Major General

Member No.: 67,527

Here's what OST2 looks like, in case you all were wondering (just arrived from Amazon Japan):

Front:

Back:

Liner Art:

Sorry for the phone-quality pics.

+Quote Post
Kasumisty
post Mar 24 2010, 10:38 AM
Post #247

Wow, you guys get that things fast biggrin.gif I wish I had a credit card. I could buy things on Amazon...

Anyway, streams are up, here

--------------------

It may take a while.

+Quote Post
Vlyse
post Mar 24 2010, 02:06 PM
Post #248

Alchemists

Member No.: 69,791

QUOTE (deet-tastic @ Mar 23 2010, 09:18 PM) *
There has to be a 3rd OST.

Take a look, the 5th opening and closing aren't on that list.

I think there might be a 3rd, too. I might've missed or not recognized them, but I didn't hear the track from the ending of ep 31 or the track from the ending of 40 & 44 or the one during the Family Portrait scene of episode 36 on this OST. I definitely didn't hear the 2 new tracks from episode 49.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bag of Magic Foo...
post Mar 24 2010, 02:14 PM
Post #249

Apprentice

Member No.: 71,555

And wasn't Pastorale Rondo supposed to be faster and have a piccolo in it? I guess that's another mix of the song.

+Quote Post
EveningAlchemist
post Mar 24 2010, 06:51 PM
Post #250

Apprentice

Member No.: 71,198

Thank you Kasumisty! Now to make great poetry...

My favourites of the new OST have to be:

5. The Plot Thickens - A rich piece with a variety of instruments, that clearly makes it feel like something blew your mind. It's like your thoughts are racing and your emotions are intensifying.

11. Nocturne of Amestris~Duet~ - It reminds me of all the touching moments of FMAB. Nearly like a sweet music box tune, but with a thoughtful piano. It feels slightly sad, or perhaps nostalgic and longing.

21. Lapis Philosophorum~Piano Solo~ - My fav track of OST 1, now in piano form. A dark and beautiful tune made simple and full of bare emotion.

25. Battle Scherzo - This is the most exciting piece here! It feels very brave, heroic, and conveys a race against time with its fast pace, singing strings, and bold brass! Definitely one of the best.

28. Stepping Along - A gently adventurous track. The beat is like a train on a journey through the country side, which highlights the more peaceful side of Ed and Al's travels.

31. Brotherhood~Postlude~ Sigh... so peaceful... If this isn't a perfect lullaby, I don't know what is. *snore*

--------------------

If you have attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an
array, copy and paste this in your signature.

+Quote Post
Flamez_Freak
post Mar 24 2010, 08:46 PM
Post #251

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 66,548

im certain there's gonna be another OST.....like sum1 said earlier....the 5h OP/ED isnt on this one....and moreover ..we have heard a lot of new tracks in the recent episodes of fmab .....ahhahahha....so there has to be another 1......

--------------------

+Quote Post
penguintruth
post Mar 24 2010, 09:06 PM
Post #252

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 60,921

My favorite tracks:

Track #4 - Envy Revealed - It sounds a bit like something from the first TV series, actually, very grand sounding and suspenseful and gives that sense of danger that I guess went with Envy revealing his true form.

Track #7 - Anticipation - I like this sort of understated piece that acts as a good bridge in moods in the show, usually played during an interlude where we see somebody about to do something nasty. It builds up nicely.

Track #8 - Nightmares - I like this little creepy piece which makes for good villain music. It's not a grand, complex piece, but it serves its function. It's minimalistic, I guess.

Track #10 - The Fullmetal Alchemist~Lagato~ - A sorrowful instrumental version of the "Main Theme" from the first OST. Very beautiful sounding.

Track #13 - Nocturne of Amestris - A nice, understated, peaceful, piece. It makes me feel tranquil.

Track #19 - Crisis in the North - A good piece that builds up in intensity. Part of it sounds like machinery, and it almost makes you imagine a train and a factory, which were both part of that Briggs arc.

Track #24 - Versus Homunculus - This piece is very exciting, very grand, and I like the bell-like sound in the beginning and metal tapping. It actually sounds like a piece from the Giant Robo OVA OST. It's an excellent action track.

Track #25 - Battle Scherzo - EFF YEAH. This is probably my favorite piece in the entire show, the piece used when Roy defeated Lust and when Olivier fought Alex in the Armstrong mansion. It's so grand and triumphant, with a hint of mysterious tension, like there's a hidden danger. It's very forceful and sweeps you up into it. I like this as much as, if not more, than the pieces in the first series. So awesome.

I think there are a few tracks from the show not on here. Maybe the show has more music that I thought.

--------------------

Fullmetal Alchemist is over! Thank you, Hiromu Arakawa! ;_;

+Quote Post
Bag of Magic Foo...
post Mar 24 2010, 09:29 PM
Post #253

Apprentice

Member No.: 71,555

QUOTE (penguintruth @ Mar 24 2010, 10:06 PM) *
This piece is very exciting, very grand, and I like the bell-like sound in the beginning and metal tapping.

What is that instrument? A triangle?

QUOTE (penguintruth @ Mar 24 2010, 10:06 PM) *
Track #4 - Envy Revealed - It sounds a bit like something from the first TV series, actually, very grand sounding and suspenseful and gives that sense of danger that I guess went with Envy revealing his true form.

Hah. I went back and watched episode 25 again to listen for that song, and it didn't play at all when Envy was transforming. It actually played mostly during the scene where Lieutenant Hawkeye got the transfer orders, though it did overlap the fight with Envy a little bit. But I don't think anybody ended up associating the song with Envy.

+Quote Post
shiroe
post Mar 25 2010, 01:05 AM
Post #254

Citizen

Member No.: 71,291

QUOTE (Vlyse @ Mar 25 2010, 04:06 AM) *
I think there might be a 3rd, too. I might've missed or not recognized them, but I didn't hear the track from the ending of ep 31 or the track from the ending of 40 & 44 or the one during the Family Portrait scene of episode 36 on this OST. I definitely didn't hear the 2 new tracks from episode 49.

Yeah, I felt quite disappointed at first when I couldn't find those tracks from this OST. I like them a lot. But if there's going to be a 3rd OST that will feature them then it's all for the better!

Btw, my most favorite tracks:
- Xing Symphony (I love it even more than Battle Scherzo: it has an Eastern feel and becomes more and more exciting towards the end. A very badass track overall!)
- Crisis in the North
- Battle Scherzo
- Versus Homunculus
- Envy Revealed
- To Be King

Now that I look back at the above list, it looks like I picked all the battle tracks! tongue.gif

But I love these non-battle tracks too:
- Anticipation
- No Answer (a slower version of Anticipation, I think)
- Entr'acte

+Quote Post
Flamez_Freak
post Mar 25 2010, 07:49 AM
Post #255

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 66,548

this new ost is just top notch....love every track guys.....

but these 2 are my favourites

Brotherhood~Postlude~
Xing symphony

battle scherzo is among my favourites.......i love that track too...but just like shiroe said earlier......xing symphony is actually better than battle scherzo

--------------------

+Quote Post

31 Pages V  « < 15 16 17 18 19 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th June 2016 - 02:53 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css