HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

8 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
What do you want this new FMA anime series to be?
Rating 5 V
Your vote matters not to Morbo!
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 162
Guests cannot vote 
Little Washu
post Aug 28 2008, 09:50 PM
Post #16

Lt. General

Group: Members
Member No.: 31,492

QUOTE(Saving_Grace @ Aug 28 2008, 08:04 PM) *
Question: Is it anime or animes when talking about it in plural form?

Anime

I think a loose adaption would be good too actually...

--------------------

d a| Y a k u s o k u |t u m b l r
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ropespinner
post Aug 29 2008, 01:58 AM
Post #17

Apprentice

Member No.: 46,466

I am quite torn between wanting strict or loose adaption of the manga. A loose adaption could be really cool, but it would have a bigger chance of being screwed up plot-wise, seeing as the manga has many side plots, foreshadowing and things that make sense, because Arakawa seems to be something of a perfectionist, but would stop making sense if they were changed too carelessly. Maybe it's just me seeing the worst-case scenarios...

I chose to vote for a strict adaption in the end. I think it'd be safer. Still, if it turned to be a well-done loose (but not too loose) adaption of the manga, I would be really happy.

--------------------
I'm Sallykie on LJ and most other forums, Seita on ZOMGFTA Forums.

+Quote Post
Fushi
post Aug 30 2008, 01:37 AM
Post #18

Lt. General

Member No.: 37,703

Where's my prequel option? >:(

--------------------
My icon comm

"I can't stand RoyxHughes (he's married and has a daughter!)"
Popo: "Brace for Fushi! *cowers*"

Huge Maes Hughes fan. In fact I'm even the Maes Hughes of livejournal. Really. Look for me under "M"

+Quote Post
qaghou
post Aug 30 2008, 08:17 AM
Post #19

Citizen

Member No.: 58,536

I don't like very much the idea of making a sequel to the anime because the way that the movie ended make it a final point. They just can't forget the way it ended it ! They killed so much characters and made it so differently that they can't do the ''sequel'' with the idea of making it in the way of the manga did it. Winry was put aside, the father of Ed and Al died and some characters disappear. If they put the movie behind and make a sequel to the direct anime episodes, it will be very weird. So, I don't think this is necessary to do a sequel and if this is true that they did it, I will be a little disapointed.
angry.gif God ! Why they always do it this way ? They will destroy the sense of the anime... dry.gif

--------------------
It will be with you and nobody else. I desire to see your smile each days of
my life and doesn't want you to cry for me anymore.

+Quote Post
RoyxRizaFan
post Aug 30 2008, 08:50 AM
Post #20

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 54,333

If they did a sequel, that would be weird. They'd have to bring back a bunch of people from the dead, replace a lot of homonculi, and make up some story about how FatherDude is the real head honcho and Dante was something else entirely...too weird. Plus, i don't think I'd be able to get into it if it picked up after the movie...not after how the movie broke my EdWin fangirl heart...

--------------------

Avatar by Michiyo and signature by me.
Fan Fiction, Fan Art
FMAobsessed Wrote:
Bradley: "Oh by the way I made Breda my personal assistant."
Roy: "WHAT NO! I AM IN IMMENSE SHOCK!"

+Quote Post
daggertrepe
post Aug 30 2008, 09:04 AM
Post #21

Citizen

Member No.: 62,161

Strict adaptation, or something like that. I think it would be cool.

Call me crazy, but MAYBE Izumi won't die? That's probably wishful thinking but come on! Hoho fixes her insides, so why should she die??

--------------------

+Quote Post
Colette
post Aug 30 2008, 09:11 AM
Post #22

Brigadier General

Member No.: 27,366

QUOTE(Fushi @ Aug 30 2008, 01:37 AM) *

Mm, I'm not sure how that would work out though. We got a lot of flash backs in both the anime and the manga, I don't think there's much material to work with. Maybe one with Hohenheim or something, probably a more anime oriented background story though with Dante, because again, the manga covered most things of interest in his regard.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Fushi
post Aug 30 2008, 11:33 AM
Post #23

Lt. General

QUOTE(Summoner Colette @ Aug 30 2008, 10:11 AM) *

Mm, I'm not sure how that would work out though. We got a lot of flash backs in both the anime and the manga, I don't think there's much material to work with. Maybe one with Hohenheim or something, probably a more anime oriented background story though with Dante, because again, the manga covered most things of interest in his regard.

The origins of Hohenheim, Dante, Envy and the previous homunculi. Give Gluttony a back story finally, things like that.

Prequel also means "prequel to the movie" which is also something I would like to see (but staring Alphonse, not Ed)

--------------------
My icon comm

Huge Maes Hughes fan. In fact I'm even the Maes Hughes of livejournal. Really. Look for me under "M"

+Quote Post
daggertrepe
post Aug 30 2008, 11:46 AM
Post #24

Citizen

Member No.: 62,161

QUOTE(Fushi @ Aug 30 2008, 11:33 AM) *

The origins of Hohenheim, Dante, Envy and the previous homunculi. Give Gluttony a back story finally, things like that.

Prequel also means "prequel to the movie" which is also something I would like to see (but staring Alphonse, not Ed)

I would be up for that. There'd be a lot of Izumi.

Sorry, I have a slight obsession with her. rolleyes.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sword Alchemist
post Aug 30 2008, 04:24 PM
Post #25

Alchemists

Member No.: 17,591

QUOTE(qaghou @ Aug 30 2008, 10:17 AM) *
I don't like very much the idea of making a sequel to the anime because the way that the movie ended make it a final point. They just can't forget the way it ended it ! They killed so much characters and made it so differently that they can't do the ''sequel'' with the idea of making it in the way of the manga did it. Winry was put aside, the father of Ed and Al died and some characters disappear. If they put the movie behind and make a sequel to the direct anime episodes, it will be very weird. So, I don't think this is necessary to do a sequel and if this is true that they did it, I will be a little disapointed.

Starting over from the beginning and following the manga story line would be okay. But dont make a continuation of the movie.

Many characters are gone, the homunculi are gone. As for Winry in the anime. In my opinion, Winry grew as a character at the end of the movie. She finally learned how to say goodbye. And Ed and Al are together again. Why continue?

+Quote Post
Colette
post Aug 30 2008, 07:23 PM
Post #26

Brigadier General

Member No.: 27,366

Hm, the second half does seem like it would be good if played out right, but I can't see it lasting a lot of episodes without getting tedious. I don't really know; there are a lot of paths they could take, but the problem is pulling it off well.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Fushi
post Aug 30 2008, 07:53 PM
Post #27

Lt. General

QUOTE(Summoner Colette @ Aug 30 2008, 08:23 PM) *

Hm, the second half does seem like it would be good if played out right, but I can't see it lasting a lot of episodes without getting tedious. I don't really know; there are a lot of paths they could take, but the problem is pulling it off well.

Yeah I agree. It would work better as say...a 24 episode thing. (unless they managed to come up with some new epic plot but fans could react to that badly)
But then again I also don't think a year of broadcasting is enough for a manga adaptation, unless a lot of stuff was cut, which could displease fans greatly.

That's the big problem with this. They've either given too little time or too much for some of these possibilities to work. At least that's how I view it.

--------------------
My icon comm

+Quote Post
Little Washu
post Aug 30 2008, 08:09 PM
Post #28

Lt. General

Member No.: 31,492

...about the sequel...maybe from the point of view from the people still in Amestris? Like with Winry and Roy and them?

--------------------

d a| Y a k u s o k u |t u m b l r

+Quote Post
Fushi
post Aug 31 2008, 12:32 AM
Post #29

Lt. General

Omg guys, what if the working title of Fullmetal Alchemist 2 gets changed to Flame Alchemist!? :DDDDDDDDDDDD

--------------------
My icon comm

+Quote Post
FailToImpress
post Aug 31 2008, 02:02 AM
Post #30

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 62,174

^Haha, I'd be up for that. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th June 2016 - 06:35 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css