Alphonse Elric/Aaron Dismuke- English Dub, Al's voice
Emo sugar cube
post Jan 31 2009, 03:28 PM
Post #31

Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 59,565

QUOTE (Popogeejo @ Jan 31 2009, 04:47 PM) *
Don't call me RETARDED! it's my opinion and that( my post) is what I Think.

Just because it's what you think doesn't mean it's not retarded.

His voice changed so he is no longer suitable to play the role. You need someone who sounds right for the part and with his newly broken manly voice Aaron now has to move on to pastures new. It' not like he's going to be taken out back and shot.

The only reason most people don't want him to go is because he's familiar and the idea of something new scares or worries them.

The last series is over. This is a fresh start with fresh talent. Move on.

sounds like you're a fairweather fan sleep.gif ...I recognize that it scares most people but still my opinion is NOT RETARDED! just because he's gonna be odd dosn't mean he should get kicked.chair.gif

--------------------
"If only I was as pretty as the colour of my blood..."
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Popogeejo
post Jan 31 2009, 03:48 PM
Post #32

Master Alchemist

Member No.: 31,420

sounds like you're a fairweather fan

OH SNAP! YOU QUESTIONED MY LOYALTY!

Just because he's gonna be odd dosn't mean he should get kicked.

He's a Voice Actor. The only thing he should be judged on is his voice and even you say it would be odd. That being the case there is no reason for him to be Al. Your notion that he should keep his role "just because" remains retarded.

Go cry, Emo kid.

--------------------

>Click the picture for me gushing over over Summer Wars shenanigans!<
The various works of FKMT are something you should read

+Quote Post
Dark Snow Alchem...
post Jan 31 2009, 08:42 PM
Post #33

Citizen

Member No.: 66,214

Erm, okay, moving on (*not taking any sides in above argument - though would like gently tap certain users on the shoulder and remind them to refrain from bordeline flaming*).

I do think that, should the story continue from the "Conqueror of Shamballa", the idea of Aaron Dismuke continuing his role as Al does have some validity. In that case, he WOULD have a 15-year-old body with 15-year-old male hormones, therefore, he probably wouldn't still have the voice of a ten-year-old. (If Al should return to a human body in season 2, and age, this would also be the case.)
But, if the second season simply re-starts from the beginning of the manga (which it sounds like it probably will), Al will still have the voice of a ten-year-old (or, whatever age he was at the time of the whole "incident") stuck in a suit armor - in which case, Aaron Dismuke would have to be replaced, given that he sounds nothing like a little kid anymore. (In this case, Vic, as an actor, NOT a director and/or producer, would have little say in casting). True, the voice actor they replace him with will probably not be the same Al that we've all come to know, but, with good casting, the new person should be good enough to fill the part (and, would probably also allow Dismuke to move on to whatever "bigger and better" roles he had in mind.)

That's my 2 cents.

+Quote Post
Sannom
post Feb 1 2009, 02:09 PM
Post #34

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 35,674

But, if the second season simply re-starts from the beginning of the manga (which it sounds like it probably will), Al will still have the voice of a ten-year-old (or, whatever age he was at the time of the whole "incident") stuck in a suit armor

This doesn't make sense to me huh.gif I mean, if we can assume than a suit of armor can talk with no vocal cords and a voice that sounds relatively human (bring metallic voice for Al, please biggrin.gif ), why can't we assume his voice would change as well, and that he would have the voice of a 14 years old, his age? It's not like Arakawa defined any rule or anything...

+Quote Post
Emo sugar cube
post Feb 1 2009, 02:57 PM
Post #35

Citizen

Member No.: 59,565

QUOTE (Popogeejo @ Jan 31 2009, 05:48 PM) *
sounds like you're a fairweather fan

OH SNAP! YOU QUESTIONED MY LOYALTY!

Just because he's gonna be odd dosn't mean he should get kicked.

He's a Voice Actor. The only thing he should be judged on is his voice and even you say it would be odd. That being the case there is no reason for him to be Al. Your notion that he should keep his role "just because" remains retarded.

Go cry, Emo kid.

gasp! you are so Rude. ohmy.gif I think that we should keep him BECAUSE..if you watched c.o.s you would KNOW that his voice changed AND once puperty hits you cn't have the lovable voice of al and we know that Al has to grow up anyway. Now stop being so rude!

--------------------
"If only I was as pretty as the colour of my blood..."

+Quote Post
Popogeejo
post Feb 1 2009, 03:28 PM
Post #36

Master Alchemist

Member No.: 31,420

You are aware that this new series isn't going to follow on from COS, right? From all preview material it's a retelling of the manga.

bring metallic voice for Al, please

That would dehumanise poor Al even more. Having him sound like a young child makes him more likeable.

--------------------

>Click the picture for me gushing over over Summer Wars shenanigans!<
The various works of FKMT are something you should read

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Feb 1 2009, 03:49 PM
Post #37

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

Ahem...

Guys, could you stick to posting your opinions on the DISCUSSION TOPIC and NOT your opinions on the POSTER. I think this is an interesting discussion, and I'm more interested in reading how and why you think certain voice actors are suitable/not suitable for FMA characters, and not about certain posters here are "retard" or "shallow," etc., etc. for posting certain opinions on this thread. biggrin.gif
Thanks! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Blysse
post Feb 1 2009, 04:48 PM
Post #38

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 64,679

QUOTE (Popogeejo @ Feb 1 2009, 02:28 PM) *
You are aware that this new series isn't going to follow on from COS, right? From all preview material it's a retelling of the manga.

That would dehumanise poor Al even more. Having him sound like a young child makes him more likeable.

Guh, if they made him sound metallic even more people would think he's a bloody robot! ohmy.gif God, NO! Just the little bit of echo is fine, man.

--------------------

My deviantArt--Anime drawings.
My LiveJournal--FMA Fanfics.

+Quote Post
Sannom
post Feb 1 2009, 05:04 PM
Post #39

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 35,674

Hey, I do think that Arakawa should have gone all the way : mute (no vocal cords), deaf (no ears) and blind (no eyes) tongue.gif Let's see if someone's interested into becoming a suit of armor after that rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
Rainshine
post Feb 1 2009, 07:13 PM
Post #40

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 64,866

QUOTE (Blysse @ Feb 1 2009, 03:48 PM) *
QUOTE (Popogeejo @ Feb 1 2009, 02:28 PM) *

Guh, if they made him sound metallic even more people would think he's a bloody robot! ohmy.gif God, NO! Just the little bit of echo is fine, man.

LOL, when I first saw the cover of the first manga, I thought he was a robot. >___>
I think just an echo is fine. wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
xXdark_angel_nek...
post Feb 2 2009, 10:13 AM
Post #41

Alchemists

Member No.: 64,808

QUOTE (Little Washu @ Aug 25 2008, 04:49 PM) *

wow thanks for the link Little Washu.

--------------------

Sometimes...... some memories ain't meant to leave traces. ~Alphonse Elric

+Quote Post
Hagaren_4ever
post Feb 23 2009, 03:06 PM
Post #42

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 50,311

Hey, edxwinryfan, my mom watched the show too. 'Cept she was right, and thought his voice was fantastic. She's got no interest in the new series though, which sucks, since it's gonna rule all.

Hey, Rain-Alchemist, where did you get the picture for your sig?

--------------------

Sig set by me. The original art is by BlueMoon.Crystal

"I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances."
-Martha Washington

My Deviantart. :D Check it out, yo.

+Quote Post
lunneth
post Mar 12 2009, 05:59 AM
Post #43

Alchemists

Member No.: 43,587

they'l prolly just get dismuke back. but if desperation calls then they'll get hidericks voice back. its an easy choice.

--------------------

persona rp: [url="http://www.fullmetal-alchemist.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12717"]
thankyou Arakawa sensei for the 9 years of awsome story lines, characters and plot twists that became Fullmetal Alchemist. it's been one hell of a ride :3

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th July 2016 - 11:19 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css