Little Washu
post Sep 23 2008, 06:47 PM
Post #17

Lt. General

Group: Members
Member No.: 31,492

QUOTE(#1 Risembool Ranger @ Sep 23 2008, 01:52 PM) *
It's still be better than Vic.

Caitlin Glass would be better than Vic at this point. Though I think if anyone tried to steal his Ed role, he might attack. I mean, the guy wrote a song all about it. And said it "changed his life".

Though, at this point I don't know who'd be good for Al. I'm sure they'll make the right choice. I hope.

--------------------

d a| Y a k u s o k u |t u m b l r
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sannom
post Oct 16 2008, 02:36 PM
Post #18

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 35,674

Once they dub this new season they might have to have a new voice actor for Al in the english dub because Aaron Dismuke's (Al's voice actor) voice has changed now that he is 15 (he was 11 or 12 when he voiced Al). FMA's dub won't be the same without Aaron's voice

And how old is Al? Yeah, 15 (or close) for most of the manga tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Elphaba
post Nov 10 2008, 11:36 AM
Post #19

Citizen

Member No.: 53,342

Al is (I believe) 2 years younger than Ed. Ed is 15 at the beginning (the Lior stuff) of the anime, making Al 13. It's obviously taken us a few years to get to where we are now in the manga, but it's arguable whether or not Al's voice would change seeing as he doesn't actually posses a human body, and therefore no hormones.

As much as I loved Aaron as Al, it's really impossible for him to still be Al in the second season (though I hope they still give him some role....it'd be such a shame not to include him in the process).

Watching my new Ouran DVD yesterday, I have to say that I think Brina Palencia might make a good Al. She actually was Nina in FMA, but the voice she used for the role she had in Ouran (the elementary school boy in Ep 6, can't remember his name right now) really reminded me of Aaron, so I think she could do a good job.

+Quote Post
Kylemakk
post Nov 10 2008, 05:58 PM
Post #20

Citizen

Member No.: 40,944

I guess I don't get what Vic has personally done to some of you out there. (I say out there meaning there's tons of anime fans out there that seem to hate him.) Did I miss the news about his crazy midnight rampage on the weekends where he breaks in your window and violates everyone while singing "Brothers" from FMA?

LOL That mental image made me laugh.

Anyway, I personally hope they pick up where they left off in the series. Being a WWII history junkie, it'd be cool to fictionally write the elric brothers into epic battles or take the "mystic" angle of the SS. Too many possibilities.

Whatever they do, I don't see a problem using the same VA's if the characters have supposedly aged as well. Dismuke could still do it with no problem if that's the case. IF that's the case. As much as I liked Al's english voice, I think it would be a mistake to use Dismuke again if they are trying to keep Al the same age.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Vinyl Zen
post Nov 20 2008, 10:27 AM
Post #21

Citizen

Member No.: 56,764

Aaron Dismuke playing as Ed would be pretty interesting but I doubt that will happen.

For Al, they could use Avery Williams, she did the voice for Fletcher Tringham. I enjoyed the Japanese version just as much but having genuine male voices play the part was refreshing - I get pretty tired of the Japanese trend to use female voices to play any male characters under 16

+Quote Post
Little Washu
post Nov 20 2008, 12:07 PM
Post #22

Lt. General

Well, for Al, there's always Greg Ayres. Hm...I dunno who else though. They can recruit a new 12 year old.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Edamame
post Nov 23 2008, 09:48 AM
Post #23

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 38,530

QUOTE (Vinyl Zen @ Nov 20 2008, 01:27 PM) *
Aaron Dismuke playing as Ed would be pretty interesting but I doubt that will happen.

For Al, they could use Avery Williams, she did the voice for Fletcher Tringham. I enjoyed the Japanese version just as much but having genuine male voices play the part was refreshing - I get pretty tired of the Japanese trend to use female voices to play any male characters under 16

The United States has a tendency to do the exact same thing, so the trend of using younger women to voice adolescent men isn't strictly reserved to Japan. (Take the infamous Bart Simpson for instance-voiced by a woman.) Still, I agree that it is really nice to hear younger male characters voiced by actual boys their age.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Little Washu
post Nov 24 2008, 08:04 AM
Post #24

Lt. General

Aaron Dismuke, Vic Mignogna and Colleen Clinkinbeard(Riza, director) are coming to a few anime conventions around here. I wonder what they'll say about season 2...

Anyway, Aaron would be a good Ed, now that he's roughly 15, himself.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Saving_Grace
post Nov 25 2008, 03:20 AM
Post #25

Alchemists

Member No.: 33,782

Damn puberty.

I have a feeling they'll replace him, and maybe give him a small role or something. He's not expressive enough to play Ed, so I really doubt that will happen either.

As for the whole, Vic-will-fight-for-Aaron-to-play-Al thing, that's ridiculous. The man's being paid to act, he goes in and says his lines. I very much doubt that he has any influence on the casting, and he'd probably go along with whatever the producers decided anyway, like any professional would.

It's a shame, while there are undoubtedly better voice actors out there, I really got attached to Dismuke's Al. His voice was so sweet.

QUOTE (Kylemakk @ Nov 11 2008, 10:58 AM) *
Did I miss the news about his crazy midnight rampage on the weekends where he breaks in your window and violates everyone while singing "Brothers" from FMA?

^ I don't know if I should laugh or hide under my bed at the thought...

+Quote Post
Child Xylia
post Dec 7 2008, 08:07 PM
Post #26

Alchemists

Member No.: 36,362

By the time the new FMA series will be dubbed, Aaron Dismuke will be too old to do Al (unless he can find a way to make his voice higher, which I doubt)!

Luckily, Rie will be available for the series, but what about Aaron? I had gotten so used to him as my English Al. Hopefully, they'll re-cast it right, but still...it won't be the same... sad.gif >_<

--------------------

Just another list of consequences of things that we do
Just another hit of happenings that we have to live through
In and out of all the reasons and all the whys and wherefores
We just want to keep on breathing
We just want to keep on breathing

+Quote Post
xXdark_angel_nek...
post Dec 9 2008, 06:46 AM
Post #27

Alchemists

Member No.: 64,808

well as for me i hope that they keep arron as al's voice. that would be aswome.

--------------------

Sometimes...... some memories ain't meant to leave traces. ~Alphonse Elric

+Quote Post
Rainshine
post Jan 29 2009, 07:30 PM
Post #28

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 64,866

QUOTE (xXdark_angel_nekoXx @ Dec 9 2008, 05:46 AM) *
well as for me i hope that they keep arron as al's voice. that would be aswome.

That would be cool, but I think Arron's voice changed, so he can't do the Al voice anymore. sad.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Emo sugar cube
post Jan 31 2009, 01:44 PM
Post #29

Citizen

Member No.: 59,565

QUOTE (#1 Risembool Ranger @ Sep 23 2008, 03:22 PM) *
Al is such a loved character that to pick a new person to play him would be a disgrace to us anime watching fans.

Retarded post of the day award!
If Al is such a loved character then why should we have a bad voice for him? If he's loved shouldn't he have the best voice possible?
It's not being shallow, it's being smart. if he no longer sounds right for the part then kick his [All hail lord Xenu] out. Hell, if his voice has cracked and settled now then try him out for Ed. Maybe he'll sound less like an angst ridden idiot than Vic.

Don't call me RETARDED! it's my opinion and that( my post) is what I Think. I think that even though his voice has changed they should keep him. sheesh people are so shallow!

--------------------
"If only I was as pretty as the colour of my blood..."

+Quote Post
Popogeejo
post Jan 31 2009, 02:47 PM
Post #30

Master Alchemist

Member No.: 31,420

Don't call me RETARDED! it's my opinion and that( my post) is what I Think.

Just because it's what you think doesn't mean it's not retarded.

His voice changed so he is no longer suitable to play the role. You need someone who sounds right for the part and with his newly broken manly voice Aaron now has to move on to pastures new. It' not like he's going to be taken out back and shot.

The only reason most people don't want him to go is because he's familiar and the idea of something new scares or worries them.

The last series is over. This is a fresh start with fresh talent. Move on.

--------------------

>Click the picture for me gushing over over Summer Wars shenanigans!<
The various works of FKMT are something you should read

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th August 2016 - 05:11 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css