HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Bakuman, From the Creators of Death Note!
Blitz
post Aug 11 2008, 01:30 PM
Post #1

Major General

Group: Members
Member No.: 18,681

Tsugumi Ohba and Takeshi Obata, the creators of Death Note, have just launched a new manga called Bakuman. (Click for more info.)
The story does not have the seriousness of DN. In fact, it's the opposite. The first chapter had me laughing quite hard.
There are several references to pop culture and Japanese manga in the first chapter, including Death Note.

(Source: MangaFox)
Summary
It's not easy to become and live as a mangaka, as Mashiro knows from his late uncle.

At his 9th grade, while trying to keep up with reality, school and then normal job, he left his notebook with a sketch of Azuki, a girl he likes. Takagi, a first rate student found it and trying to convince Mashiro to draw a manga with his story. Mashiro doesn't like the idea and tries to decline.

Takagi, however, tries to stick to dream and found out that Azuki also wants to be a voice actress and already got a good reply from a production company. Takagi, then, brought Mashiro to her house and telling her his dream.... Mashiro then tells her that he will write a manga with Takagi and if their manga gets turned into an anime, she'll voice the female lead and marry him. Azuki agrees, but the condition that she has is that they cannot meet until then.

Now, the lives of wannabe mangakas begin!!!

Genre: Romance, Comedy-drama, School life, Slice-of-life, Shounen,
Written & Art by: Tsugumi Ohba
Published by Japan Shueisha
English publisher Canada, United States: Viz Media United Kingdom: Shueisha (limited online manga) Australia: Madman Entertainment
Demographic Shōnen
Magazine Japan Weekly Shōnen Jump
Original run August 8, 2008 ongoing
Volumes 10

Reason for edit: Description and info added by Mod

--------------------

just an ordinary kind of happy
Graphics by BlitzDeviantArt
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
The Mad Bomber
post Aug 31 2008, 01:09 PM
Post #2

Alchemists

Group: Members
Member No.: 45,405

Lol I really raised an eyebrow at first when I read or even realized what the story was about, the beginning was well... kinda like death note, I mean Light was a students etc you get the idea, but honestly I`ve actually read and for some reason liked some of the chapters. 3 out I guess?

--------------------

I am love, I am hate, I'm an atheist with faith, Vent my anger with a smile
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th August 2016 - 10:17 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css