HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Chapter 86 "Regular" Discussion Thread For First Time Readers (and Others), No future chapter spoilers here, please. :)
HisshouBuraiKen
post Aug 13 2008, 01:45 PM
Post #46

Apprentice

Group: Members
Member No.: 40,851

QUOTE(Ropespinner @ Aug 13 2008, 07:26 AM) *
Thanks for the translation and scanlation!

Does anyone have any idea where the scanlators got the HQ raw? I've only found the raw with small resolution, and the scanlation, where some pages are quite blurred and messy.

There was no HQ raw, they just blew up the LQ one. They looked like ...., too...I miss TMI Scans more than ever sad.gif

Also, again - It was Miles was IMAGINING Grumman thinking that stuff. His line after Grumman's little inner monologue was, very literally, "...or something like that is what this sneaky old man could be thinking."

I personally don't think the G-Man has any ulterior motives, he's too old to want to seize power. He probably just wants to retire in peace, in his home country, and trusts Mustang to do the job.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sensenic
post Aug 13 2008, 04:10 PM
Post #47

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 11,694

The quality of this chapter was inversely proportional to the RAW's quality.

RAN FAAAAAAAANN!!!!! ( *o*) [/fanboy]

QUOTE(HisshouBuraiKen @ Aug 13 2008, 10:45 PM) *
I personally don't think the G-Man has any ulterior motives, he's too old to want to seize power. He probably just wants to retire in peace, in his home country, and trusts Mustang to do the job.

Me too, but that was a certainly creepy part there... And why did she put it? Maybe Miles is right and Grumman will turn out to be some ambitious bastard? I doubt it too, from what we've seen of him. Maybe Miles' distrust of Grumman will screw up the plan in the future? Dunno.

Anyway, that inner monologue is really intriguing and I don't think it was put there just to fill in... Or was it? ph34r.gif
What do I know... happy.gifU

At first, before I read the panel that shows it as Miles' own line of thought, I thought Grumman was starting to be revealed as a "bad guy"... only to be killed off right away suddenly by a showing up alive and well Bradley. XD

--------------------
貧乳神・・・

+Quote Post
AA battery
post Aug 13 2008, 08:40 PM
Post #48

Brigadier General

Member No.: 7,450

lol, i bet the HQ raw will pop up in the next 2-3 days, like it did in the past 5 months or so.

Just that I can't install a potentially harmful software into my friend's computer to download it right now, thats all. Mangahelper may have it later. lol The scanlators just can't wait till they get their hands on the HQ raw, huh?

--------------------
*June 11, 2013 - New Doujinshis Added*
Hi, I got a bunch of FMA merchandises (keychains, pencil boards, cards, figurines, book in figure red...etc) for sale at my LJ. Please visit my sale post here if interested! Thanks ^_^

+Quote Post
Sannom
post Aug 14 2008, 02:06 AM
Post #49

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 35,674

Me too, but that was a certainly creepy part there... And why did she put it? Maybe Miles is right and Grumman will turn out to be some ambitious bastard? I doubt it too, from what we've seen of him. Maybe Miles' distrust of Grumman will screw up the plan in the future? Dunno.

See it that way : Mustang does his little coup d'état. His legitimacy would be low, very low. But if Grumman comes as the savior, supported by the legitimate government, to stop the rebellion, while Mustang has already disposed of the corrupted generals? This leaves Grumman, a good guy, as the only one who is really fit to take the lead. He will take it, and bring the country to a more peaceful state. This leaves Mustang in a very dark situation? No matter, Mustang was always ready to make sacrifice in order to reach that goal, even sacrifice his own life.

Sure, this leaves Grumman as a lot less sympathetic character, but not as an "ambitious bastard".

+Quote Post
APalchemist5
post Aug 14 2008, 01:09 PM
Post #50

Citizen

Member No.: 55,878

Alright, i am going to put a warning here, that i am about to spit out a theory that might be rediculous

OK, i still think Grumman is a good guy becuase of atleast Riza, and i do think he likes Roy. I think that he might make a political sacrifice so that Roy can rise to the top.

I think it might be linked to the fact that Roy and the others in the Ishbalan Genocide will be tried for war crimes once the peaceful gov is instituted.

So maybe Grumman will be able to take the blame on himself or do something in the gov that will let all the good guys off the hook for Bradleys Regime.

So i think he is good, and i think that miles is just makeing a nice parallel so that when Grumman does his selfless act, It will show that it really was selfless becuase Grumman was in the position to take complete power....and didn't

--------------------
Life's short, so love the ones you got
cuase you might get run over, or you might just get...shot.
Never had not static I just get it off my... chest.
Neve had to battle with my bullet proof...vest.
Take a small example take a tidbit from meeee, take all your money give it all to charity.
Love is what I got It's within my reach
And this is sublime's sound straight from long beach
Punk back to you,You finally get what you deserve.
You try to test out,You'll probably get served.
Love's what i got, dont start a riot
you'll feel it when the dance gets hot.

Love isss... its what I got
(just remember that)

I dont cry when my dog runs away, I dont get angry at the bills I have to pay
I dont get angry when my smokes pot, hits the bottle and goes back to the rocks
f!#$ and fighting it's all the same, playing with louie's dog's the only way to stay sane

(is the signature the appropriate place for misquoted sublime lyrics? do i care?)
Avatar by Derlaine from Deviant art.

+Quote Post
Sannom
post Aug 14 2008, 02:27 PM
Post #51

State Alchemist (Major)

Okay, I'm going to make another point : the fact that Grumman would use Mustang and Olivia to get to the top doesn't make him "evil", it could even be the best thing for the country. As for Mustang and Olivia : their crime won't be that grave that the public will absolutely want them to be executed, so smart Grumman can prepare something in the shadow to make them escape and flee to a foreign country. Not exactly the best outcome, but at least they will live. in fact, it's what I hope will happen to Scar.

+Quote Post
ehxhfdl14
post Aug 15 2008, 05:47 PM
Post #52

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 45,709

I'll bet you Ed designed the spiky details on Ranfan's arm. That silly wannabe goth did something right.

"Silly wannabe goth" XD

It does look like something Ed would design, doesn't it?

--------------------
We have met the enemy, and he is us.
-Walt Kelly, Pogo

+Quote Post
Dhazard06
post Aug 16 2008, 05:41 PM
Post #53

Citizen

Member No.: 42,990

QUOTE(AA battery @ Aug 13 2008, 08:40 PM) *
lol, i bet the HQ raw will pop up in the next 2-3 days, like it did in the past 5 months or so.

Just that I can't install a potentially harmful software into my friend's computer to download it right now, thats all. Mangahelper may have it later. lol The scanlators just can't wait till they get their hands on the HQ raw, huh?

HQ? Think again XD It is more like SHQ happy.gif
Mediafire
Thanks to fkeidjn
biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Colette
post Aug 17 2008, 12:33 PM
Post #54

Brigadier General

Member No.: 27,366

Oh wow, finally caught up to FMA again. (20 whole chapters I've missed out on)

Overall I'm very pleased, but the one thing that really stood out for me was this:

Ishval's version of Gandhi, it seems.

Glad to see Ran Fan back as well, etc.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sannom
post Aug 17 2008, 12:46 PM
Post #55

State Alchemist (Major)

Ishval's version of Gandhi, it seems.

Which one, Scar or his master huh.gif ? And what makes you say this? His words or something else?

+Quote Post
Colette
post Aug 17 2008, 06:18 PM
Post #56

Brigadier General

Member No.: 27,366

Er, his master, because that's more or less a direct quote from Gandhi.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Anzu Mazaki
post Aug 18 2008, 10:01 AM
Post #57

Citizen

Member No.: 14,312

What I have really been waiting to see is what is going to happen with that piece of the Philosopher's Stone that Kimblee dropped and either Darius or Heinckel picked up. I feel like that is going to come in play with an important role but as of now it seems that its completely forgotten. Ed hasn't even thought about it, although he might've assumed that Kimblee picked it up after Darius and Heinckel left with the injured Ed. tongue.gif

+Quote Post
HisshouBuraiKen
post Aug 18 2008, 11:23 AM
Post #58

Apprentice

Member No.: 40,851

It's really just dawned on me how many volatile elements are in place outside the slums. That forest is a powder keg.

Gluttony in swallow mode, Ran Fan around to help own him, Al's soul being held hostage by Pride, who is getting his ass beat by Heinkel, with Ed and Greed right there.

This is a HUGE long shot, but has anyone else thought of Gluttony getting his Stone stolen, combined/merged with Kimblee's stone, and Ed using the result to reunite Al's body and soul?

+Quote Post
Sannom
post Aug 18 2008, 11:43 AM
Post #59

State Alchemist (Major)

This is a HUGE long shot, but has anyone else thought of Gluttony getting his Stone stolen, combined/merged with Kimblee's stone, and Ed using the result to reunite Al's body and soul?

That would be assuming that Glutonny's stone is a "normal" stone, whitch it is not. The Homonculus stones are "different", they are linked to the spirit and body of the Homonculus, and can't be used for anything else than regenerating him. Mustang tried with Lust's stone, it didn't work.

+Quote Post
Ropespinner
post Aug 18 2008, 01:41 PM
Post #60

Apprentice

Member No.: 46,466

QUOTE(Sannom @ Aug 18 2008, 09:43 PM) *

That would be assuming that Glutonny's stone is a "normal" stone, whitch it is not. The Homonculus stones are "different", they are linked to the spirit and body of the Homonculus, and can't be used for anything else than regenerating him. Mustang tried with Lust's stone, it didn't work.

...But Ed used Envy's stone when he opened the Doors in chapter 53. I think Mustang failed to use Lust's PS to heal Havoc because Lust kind of regenerated from the stone and stabbed him before he was able to do anything.

Though Ed just told Hohenheim that he doesn't want to use a PS to restore Al and himself, because PS are made of human souls, and all that.

--------------------
I'm Sallykie on LJ and most other forums, Seita on ZOMGFTA Forums.

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th August 2016 - 04:38 AM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css