HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Hohenheim's Connection With The Souls In Him, & other Hohenheim related theories!
Rating 5 V
Animeoldtimer
post May 2 2006, 07:31 PM
Post #1

State Alchemist (Major)

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,503

~Hohenheim's Leaving Theories For Manga, Spoilers if you haven't read the manga or viewed whole series ~

What do you think will be his explanation for leaving his wife and kids in the manga? Since we learned from Father that he can't die wouldn't you surmise that he wouldn't be deteriorating like in the anime?

Was it for some noble cause? Insanity? Finding a way to make Trisha immortal as well? Digging holes?

What are your theories?

--------------------
"Funny how you can say something in your head and it sounds fine... "--The Doctor
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Nil-chan
post May 2 2006, 07:38 PM
Post #2

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 34,017

I'm guessing since he's like, imortal and what not, he sort of left the family to avoid tragedy. Cause, he's not aging, Trisha is, that's kind of hard to explain, no? ANd i wouldn't be surprised if he as slightly insane as well. He seemed off of his rocker when we see him. He doesn'y seem to have the will to live anymore, although he may have no choice.

--------------------

||-------------------------------|| [deviantArt] || [royai] || [fanfiction] || [graphics] ||------------------------------||

+Quote Post
N. Havoc J.
post May 2 2006, 08:14 PM
Post #3

Citizen

Member No.: 35,009

I think it might have something to do with the promise him and Trisa made it wasn't explained yet.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
simargl
post May 3 2006, 01:17 AM
Post #4

Citizen

Member No.: 34,710

He knows Father's evil plan is in it's end stages and left to try and stop it.

+Quote Post
Animeoldtimer
post May 3 2006, 07:08 PM
Post #5

State Alchemist (Major)

That's what I was thinking. Maybe Father turned him into the "monster" he thinks he is.

--------------------
"Funny how you can say something in your head and it sounds fine... "--The Doctor

+Quote Post
JoshP1389
post May 3 2006, 07:16 PM
Post #6

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 29,359

Going to have to agree with simargl with this one.

EDIT: Adding to my comment to avoid blocking Nepharski's...

I have a feeling that Father is going to use Ed and Al for some bad reason. He'll lure them in to convince them that he's no different from Hohenheim, but do something... bad. Sorry, can't say I really have an imagination.

:P

This post has been edited by JoshP1389: May 3 2006, 07:24 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Nepharski
post May 3 2006, 07:20 PM
Post #7

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 23,257

Came as quite a surprise to the Father when he discovered Edward and Alphonse were the offspring of Hohenheim, now didn't it? My guess is that Ed's old man has an enigmatic higher cause he is orchastrating, probably against Father's insideous plans, but that he had to leave his family behind to protect them from becoming a target of Father should he try to strike out at Hohenheim.

--------------------
Attention Manga Lust fans:
Lust is dead. Finished. Kaput. Joined the Choir Invisible. Roy Mustang incinerated her repeatedly until her Philosopher's Stone dried up and dissolved into nothingness ("Mu" for you Japanese cultural enthusiasts). And she will remain killed off, written out of the plot. Greed was reincarnated because Father saved his Philosopher's Stone and had a guinea pig on hand. Lust is gone. Stop trying to play God with the plot line and bring her back at every possibly junction.
In the event that Hiromu Arakawa can skillfully maneuver around this narrative plot hole, I will eat my words with a pinch of salt.
Nepharski - Our first, last, and hopeful not only line of defense against bad Homunculi theories.

My LiveJournal, because I'm a closet conformist

+Quote Post
catalyste
post May 3 2006, 09:39 PM
Post #8

Citizen

From: i'm on a bike. you can ride it if you like. it's got a basket, a bell that rings, and things to make it look good. i'd let you have it, but i borrowed it.
Member No.: 33,981

i'd agree that it had something to do with the promise he made with Trisha. also, i think he probably wanted to protect Trisha and his kids from Father, which is presumably why they were never registered under his name. and finally, he might not have realized how long he had been gone if he is, like many people theorize, immortal. to him, it those years may have gone in a flash. when he does return, he's all surprised, like boom! Trisha's dead, and his kids are grown up. of course, his being extremely air headed probably has something to do with that.

+Quote Post
Antimony
post May 4 2006, 05:41 PM
Post #9

Alchemists

Member No.: 23,225

Trisha's dying wish ("Tell him that I couldn't keep my promise, I'm going first") make me think Hohenheim might be looking for a way to pass through the Doors of Truth without dying or taking any lives. But that still begs the question of why he would want to do that in the first place.

--------------------
IPB Image

I've got a deviantART gallery! --> http://nanashi.deviantart.com/
I've got a fan art thread! --> http://www.fullmetal-alchemist.com/forums/...?showtopic=7090

+Quote Post
JoshP1389
post May 4 2006, 05:49 PM
Post #10

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 29,359

Hoheneim is very surreal. That's why I like him.

cool.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bboy9987
post May 4 2006, 07:22 PM
Post #11

Citizen

Member No.: 29,179

Im not really sure what is going on with him.
but does anyone else wonder why he looks so much like father?

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
MonsterEnvy
post May 4 2006, 07:30 PM
Post #12

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 32,500

That's been discussed a lot... my theory is that Hohenheim and father were the alchemist who destroyed Xerxes. As a result of Father and Hohenheim gaining the powers of the stone, they also split or something. Father became the Sage from the East and Hohenheim went the other direction and became the Sage from the West. There'll probably be a short, one or two chapter flashback to explain what actually happened in Xerxes, but there hasn't been anything definitive yet.

--------------------

Sig and tag by Nil-Chan
Punctuation, spelling, and general grammar are our friends! Don't look like an idiot, and be sure not to use numbers in words or toss random Japanese words into sentences where they don't belong.

+Quote Post
Animeoldtimer
post May 4 2006, 08:34 PM
Post #13

State Alchemist (Major)

That's a good theory. I believe it will be a while before we find out.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Colette
post May 5 2006, 07:24 AM
Post #14

Brigadier General

Member No.: 27,366

I agree with most of you.

I also think he left because he wasn't aging, and didn't want to out live his family.

--------------------

+Quote Post
ExhileVoid
post Jan 17 2007, 01:18 AM
Post #15

Citizen

Member No.: 43,912

~ Manga Ed And Al Not 100% Human?, Are Ed and Al Half Human and Half Unknown? ~

There's a lot difference I'm seeing between Manga Ed and Anime Ed. Most of us can probably agree that Manga Ed is stronger than his anime counterpart. Hoheinheim in the anime is just a person who's been swapping his soul from bodies to bodies prolonging his life. Manga Hoheinheim on the other hand is NOT human at all. He toke a few bullets in the chest and direct headshot from shotgun without really any scratch or bleeding on his body or face. And then we later found out he might have the same paranormal body composition as Father. Now I'm starting wonder if Ed and Al had inherited any of Hoenheim's super human or other unnatural traits.

I guess one trait Ed and Al might have inherited maybe that their injuries and wounds heal faster than ordinary humans. When Ed fought against the Slicer Brothers, suffered several sword wounds on his body and he was hospitalized for about one day dispite the many times he his wounds openned caused by people angrying him and Armstrong. The next day when they arrived in Rush Valley, when Winry forced Ed to take off his clothes to show off their automail, Ed's sword wounds was pretty much fully healed and there was only a badage patch on his back. When Manga Ed fought against Greed, Ed got clawed in the stomach and suffered bleeding. Greed also commented that ordinary person would have been already taken out by that attack. As the fight went on, Ed was severely battered and beaten against the wall where you can see his blood smeared on the wall down to his neck. Ed showed no signs of weakness or fatigue as he got right back up on his feet and continued to fight. Anime Ed on the other hand was taken out by a single punch from Greed when they first met. Going back to Manga Ed, the next day after the fight with Greed, Ed should have been fighting Lan Fan in Rush Valley still with wounds sustained from his fight with Greed. The weird thing is Ed's claw wounds in his stomach didnt open up during the fight and he showed no signs injuries or weakness besides his damaged automail arm. My guess is Ed's injuries had already fully healed by the time they reached Rush Valley.

As for Al, remember Barry was supposed to be put to death to death 2 years ago in 1912? Well instead of putting him to death, they toke his soul from his body and placed it in an armor. Barry's soul had been seperated from his body for about two years. When Mustang's group encountered Barry's original body, they mentioned Barry's body smelled like it was decaying and rotting. Al had his body seperated from him since 1910 when they tried to revive their mom. When Ed reencountered Al's body at the gate, it wasnt rotting or decaying. Al's body looked really thin like he's been malnurished and his hair had grown really long. Now why would Al's body look like its in a better shape than Barry's if it has been seperated longer from his soul? One possible explaination would be the some kind of special trait Al inherited from Hoenheim.

Here are just some of the possible theories I came with about the Elric Brothers NOT being 100% human since they may have inherited some special traits from Hoenheim's side. Its kind of like how other anime series where a human and a demon (youkai) interbreed resulting a hanyou (half-demon) with the child inheriting some traits from both parents.

+Quote Post

7 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th June 2016 - 10:32 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css