Reply to this topicStart new topic
Ed X Hei....tell Me Your Thoughts
La_Alquimista
post May 9 2008, 06:22 PM
Post #1

Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 59,366

Over the past few weeks I've developed a sudden and strange fondness for this pairing. This is the ONLY 'yaoi' pairing I support.
I don't know...They just seem good for each other. And sad. Yeah that's it, good and sad.
So what do you all think? And does anyone have any strong evidence for this pairing?

<3
Everyone's opinions are welcome!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Havanese
post May 10 2008, 02:34 AM
Post #2

Apprentice

Member No.: 53,239

EdxHei never really appealed to me until I read an excellent fanfic featuring the pairing, and wandered into some pretty EdxHei fanart. To be honest, I don't like the movie much and I'm not a big fan of any movie-only characters, but I still like EdxHei because they seem like they'd be a good couple. Well, they would, had poor Alfons lived.

The whole "sort of incest" (I don't know what else to call it...) thing was weird at first, but technically, Alfons is not Edward's real brother, so it didn't bother me after I thought about it more.

I just wish Alfons Hei. had more character development and wasn't such a plot device, then I think I would like the pairing more... but oh well, I can't change the movie.

+Quote Post
La_Alquimista
post May 10 2008, 07:20 PM
Post #3

Citizen

^Same thing happened to me. I read a beautiful fanfic a few weeks back, and I've loved the pairing ever since.
It's definately not incest. Alfons Heidrich and Alphonse Elric are two different people. Both personality-wise and physically.

+Quote Post
FmaRulz111
post Aug 6 2008, 10:14 AM
Post #4

Citizen

Member No.: 54,322

Don't like it.

--------------------

EDXAL SHIPPER!

I"M AN EDXAL FAN. DEAL WITH IT.

+Quote Post
Inkble
post Aug 6 2008, 01:28 PM
Post #5

Citizen

Member No.: 59,749

But, Hei pushed Ed against the stairs! ohmy.gif

Did you notice that Hei took his clothes out of a dresser in Ed's room? Soo...does that mean they share a room that only has one bed?

I don't know if that counts for evidence or not, but it seems kindda suspicious to me. wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
La_Alquimista
post Aug 24 2008, 02:42 PM
Post #6

Citizen

^Yeah, I noticed that too. ^^
It does get pretty cold in Munich...(*cough* they slept together to share body heat *cough*)
I also noticed how Heidrich would get all sad/depressed whenever Ed would talk about his brother or leaving. sad.gif

+Quote Post
~Kurenai~
post Aug 24 2008, 02:56 PM
Post #7

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 36,779

plain gross.

+Quote Post
AnimeGeek87
post Aug 24 2008, 06:46 PM
Post #8

Citizen

Member No.: 47,265

Yeah I don't like it either. But then again, I don't like yaoi so I'm biased. I actually didn't notice where he got his clothes from when I watched the movie(and I watched it like five times, I guess I suck at noticing details). But I still don't think there was anything between. I remember Hei saying that Ed never got close to anyone. Wouldn't that include him? huh.gif I could be wrong though.

+Quote Post
La_Alquimista
post Aug 26 2008, 07:20 PM
Post #9

Citizen

All things considered...If there was anything bewteen them, it would have been one-sided. On Alfons' side, obviously.

+Quote Post
Fushi
post Aug 29 2008, 11:35 PM
Post #10

Lt. General

Member No.: 37,703

QUOTE(Havanese @ May 10 2008, 03:34 AM) *
I just wish Alfons Hei. had more character development and wasn't such a plot device, then I think I would like the pairing more... but oh well, I can't change the movie.

This was one of the biggest problems I had with the movie. I didn't even give a rat's [All hail lord Xenu] about Hei when I watched the movie.

Then I roleplayed with a friend of mine who's a huge Alfons fan. Let me tell you; she put much more into his character than the movie did. She made him seem ALIVE...hell she made him period. She did what the movie wouldn't and for that I love her. :> This is why roleplays and fanfiction are great guys.

...except, now also because of her and her love of playing (and writing fic of) GSWITCH!Alfons I keep on forgetting that Alfons is canonly a male. :3;;

Anyways about EdHei? That .... is canon, yo.

--------------------
My icon comm

"I can't stand RoyxHughes (he's married and has a daughter!)"
Popo: "Brace for Fushi! *cowers*"

Huge Maes Hughes fan. In fact I'm even the Maes Hughes of livejournal. Really. Look for me under "M"

+Quote Post
La_Alquimista
post Aug 30 2008, 04:18 PM
Post #11

Citizen

^I know! I didn't care about him at all until I watched teh movie a few more times. He kind of grew on me, ya know? With what little screen time he had...
EdHei = Canon or at least semi-canon.

+Quote Post
Etherflower
post Sep 23 2008, 07:09 AM
Post #12

Citizen

Member No.: 57,103

I didn't initially support it partially because, as a lot of people say, Alfons had little to no development in the movie. He seemed just like... well, there, and kind of lost, and a temporary replacement for the real Al. I know he's not, but... it was kind of like a knockoff, almost, though he was his own person in some rights.

As I've thought about it (kind of recently), I could definitely see it. There can be quite a bit of angst in it too, depending on where you go with it, but it's at least somewhat canon, I think.

--------------------
Ed x Al = Love!
Ed x Alfons = Almost as good. ~
<3;

Kinda looking to roleplay, PM if interested? ^^;

+Quote Post
La_Alquimista
post Sep 23 2008, 06:00 PM
Post #13

Citizen

^Definitely agnsty. This pairing...Gah! I get so depressed thinking about how it would have turned out.

+Quote Post
Etherflower
post Sep 23 2008, 10:13 PM
Post #14

Citizen

Member No.: 57,103

It depends on your interpretation and basically, how much Ed talks about his brother. If he kind of keeps it to himself while still working to get to his world, Alfons probably wouldn't feel so much like a knock-off or replacement. At the same time, if Alfons were to beat down the idea of Edward returning to his world or called him crazy/treated him as such... there would be angst on Ed's end.

There's going to be a little because of the nature of the two, but I think it's worse when you would have, say, an Ed on the edge of insanity who only loves Alfons because it makes him feel closer to Al, or loves him as a guilty pleasure and kicks himself for it all the time... where you have Alfons who feels displaced and unwanted, but who still wants to hold onto that love.

I guess it's universal that a situation can have more or less angst, but Alfons's character especially leaves a lot open for other people to fill in.

--------------------
Ed x Al = Love!
Ed x Alfons = Almost as good. ~
<3;

Kinda looking to roleplay, PM if interested? ^^;

+Quote Post
Sal_san
post Sep 24 2008, 01:58 AM
Post #15

Citizen

Member No.: 62,930

I like HeixEd. happy.gif I blame that AMV for turning me into a HeixEd fan...

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th June 2016 - 09:40 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css