HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Chapter 82 "Regular" Discussion Thread For First Time Readers (and Others), No future chapter spoilers here, please. :)
fullmetalflaming...
post Apr 11 2008, 08:49 PM
Post #31

Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 49,358

Ling<3 LING LING LING LING!!! OMG LING! missed ya!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Winry Chan
post Apr 11 2008, 10:24 PM
Post #32

Citizen

Member No.: 58,548

Thanks for the translation of the summary! I can't wait for the RAWs to show up... this sounds like a REALLY good chapter, to make up for previous ones. rolleyes.gif

--------------------
If someone types L337 SP34K in a forest and no one else is around, are they still a noob?

+Quote Post
Celeste Nayamash...
post Apr 11 2008, 10:56 PM
Post #33

Alchemists

Member No.: 52,278

QUOTE(Animeoldtimer @ Apr 11 2008, 09:36 PM) *
Thanks Tombow!

QUOTE(RoyxRizaFan @ Apr 11 2008, 09:28 PM) *
If GreedLing and Wrath fought in front of Mrs. Bradley, I assume that means she knows all about the homonculi already, huh?

Good question.
I'm curious to see what she is doing during this scene.

Also based on this quote:

"As the fight ends, the Pride's black "hands" appear underneath Selim who were watching the fight with the stern expression, and disappear into the floor."

I'm beginning to wonder more if Selim is more of a puppet of Pride and not actually Pride.

Hmmm you know you bring up a really good point...I have to wonder that myself now. This will definitely be interesting to see how it all plays out!

Yay for Ed back in action once more! *fangirl squeal*

And Greed/Ling! Wooho! I'm so happy we're getting to see more of him. I'm anxious for Ed, Winry and Al's reunion. Though I wonder if Ed will show up in Liore or encounter his father again...that should prove to be interesting. Oh well, probably not tongue.gif just wishful thinking on my part. Anyway thank you so much Tombow, for the translation! I can't wait for this chapter!

--------------------

My DeviantArt My Fanfiction
Siggy made by me! EdxWin is <3 Avatar made by CeruleanSan <3
"Even when our eyes our closed, there's a whole world out there, that lives outside ourselves and our dreams."
Formerly known as WinryRockbell_83

+Quote Post
Dark_Fishie
post Apr 12 2008, 10:07 AM
Post #34

Citizen

Member No.: 11,490

QUOTE(Celeste Nayamashii @ Apr 12 2008, 01:56 AM) *
QUOTE(Animeoldtimer @ Apr 11 2008, 09:36 PM) *
Thanks Tombow!

QUOTE(RoyxRizaFan @ Apr 11 2008, 09:28 PM) *
If GreedLing and Wrath fought in front of Mrs. Bradley, I assume that means she knows all about the homonculi already, huh?

Good question.
I'm curious to see what she is doing during this scene.

Also based on this quote:

"As the fight ends, the Pride's black "hands" appear underneath Selim who were watching the fight with the stern expression, and disappear into the floor."

I'm beginning to wonder more if Selim is more of a puppet of Pride and not actually Pride.

Hmmm you know you bring up a really good point...I have to wonder that myself now. This will definitely be interesting to see how it all plays out!

Yay for Ed back in action once more! *fangirl squeal*

And Greed/Ling! Wooho! I'm so happy we're getting to see more of him. I'm anxious for Ed, Winry and Al's reunion. Though I wonder if Ed will show up in Liore or encounter his father again...that should prove to be interesting. Oh well, probably not tongue.gif just wishful thinking on my part. Anyway thank you so much Tombow, for the translation! I can't wait for this chapter!

Hm... I always thought Selim housed Pride, and that the Selim we know exists because Selim and Pride interact with each other. In other words, I think Selim+Pride is like Ling+Greed, except the Selim-self is passive and completely controlled by Pride. When Pride wants to pass as human, he uses Selim. When he's making a point and being himself, he uses crazy-font. XD

+Quote Post
jacksparrow589
post Apr 12 2008, 01:54 PM
Post #35

Special Ops (Piratical Gallery Enforcement)

Group: Gallery Moderators
Member No.: 48,158

Re: the whole Selim vs. Pride issue

At this point, I'm more with the "puppet Selim" theory, though, since Pride has been around for a while, it makes sense (to me, at least) that if Pride has coexisted with humans for a such a long time, he knows how they act. Envy could pull off most people pretty convincingly after tailing them, I'm sure, so, if Selim is truly a human puppet, his human side could be completely dormant while Pride is running the show. This also plays on the other homunculi not being able to act "normal", because they aren't around them as much and aren't used to it. And they believe that they're so much better than humans, but then they would want even less association.

I'm sure that we can get some insight into this whole issue by looking at facial expressions and such. For instance, Selim seems pretty with it most of the time, so, the way I see it, either Pride is an excellent actor, or Pride knows when to be dormant and let the little kid take over. (Ohhh... scary bit for Pride if he wants to be in control!)

--------------------

Credit goes to Causmicfire for my avatar

The Royai Day party might be over, but the fun never stops!
Royai Day 2011 Album
Thank you to all those who contributed!

+Quote Post
Celeste Nayamash...
post Apr 12 2008, 07:01 PM
Post #36

Alchemists

Member No.: 52,278

Hmmm no raw yet? Wasn't it supposed to come out today?

--------------------

My DeviantArt My Fanfiction
Siggy made by me! EdxWin is <3 Avatar made by CeruleanSan <3
"Even when our eyes our closed, there's a whole world out there, that lives outside ourselves and our dreams."
Formerly known as WinryRockbell_83

+Quote Post
Number 48
post Apr 12 2008, 07:17 PM
Post #37

Citizen

Member No.: 27,344

QUOTE(Celeste Nayamashii @ Apr 12 2008, 09:01 PM) *

It seems like the RAW has been a few days late for the last few months, or am I mistaken?

+Quote Post
Alchemical
post Apr 12 2008, 07:27 PM
Post #38

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 44,852

QUOTE(Number 48 @ Apr 12 2008, 10:17 PM) *
QUOTE(Celeste Nayamashii @ Apr 12 2008, 09:01 PM) *

It seems like the RAW has been a few days late for the last few months, or am I mistaken?

The RAW was brought to us on the thirteenth last month. Maybe it's going to be a repeat this month. I hope we don't have to wait like we did in December (I think it was December...)

+Quote Post
Kimi-N-Ed
post Apr 12 2008, 11:50 PM
Post #39

Citizen

Member No.: 20,314

Wow thanks for the translation and YAYS Ed action laugh.gif I hope the raw comes out soon HA! What an early b-day gift for me lol Ed action happy.gif OOOOO I cant wait to see him driving the car XD ......Wait is he even old enough to drive??? I mena yea he should be 16 by now but does he even have a license??????? ohmy.gif lol neway I dont care lol

--------------------
No more holding it in
How many years can I pretend
Nothing never goes the way it should
No more sitting in this place
Hoping you might see it my way
Cause I don't think you ever understood
That what I'm looking for are the answers
To why these questions never go away

[Chorus]
I'm so far away
I've been changin' but you'll never see me now
I'm so far away
Now I'm blaming you for everything

+Quote Post
Winry Chan
post Apr 13 2008, 07:50 AM
Post #40

Citizen

Ed probably doesn't have a license. Although if he does get pulled over, I wouldn't expect him to be all compliant with the officer who pulled him over. But I also am looking forward to seeing Ed drive. Or acting the hostage. Or meeting Lin. Either way, as long as he's in the chapter, and alive, I'm looking forward to it.

I hope the RAWs come out soon ... I'm leaving on my school trip in 20 hours and I won't have internet capability for five days -- can't wait that long for my hagaren!

--------------------
If someone types L337 SP34K in a forest and no one else is around, are they still a noob?

+Quote Post
Alchemical
post Apr 13 2008, 08:08 AM
Post #41

State Alchemist (Major)

Speaking of licenses, has Arakawa said how old he is now? The last time she mentioned his age (as far as I can remember, anyways) was on the train with Ling and the others, and Winry said he'd be sixteen soon. I wonder if he has turned yet.

And still no RAW? ;.;

+Quote Post
Winry Chan
post Apr 13 2008, 08:21 AM
Post #42

Citizen

I think Arakawa-sensei said Ed would turn 16 in winter. Well, it's kind of winter, now. I'm kinda hoping he meets up with Winry and Al on his birthday, though. Something special. ^^

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alchemical
post Apr 13 2008, 08:31 AM
Post #43

State Alchemist (Major)

That'd definitely be a sweet moment. ^^ Though, I wonder when and how they'll meet back up. They haven't been together for... six? Seven chapters now? And we have no idea how long it's been to them.

And Mustang, too! From the summary, he's not in this chapter, either. ;.;

+Quote Post
RoyxRizaFan
post Apr 13 2008, 09:51 AM
Post #44

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 54,333

That'd definitely be a sweet moment. ^^ Though, I wonder when and how they'll meet back up. They haven't been together for... six? Seven chapters now? And we have no idea how long it's been to them.

I can't wait to see Ed and Al's reunion either. I wonder if it'll be next chapter or the one after?

Ed 'dissapeared' after chapter 77 but Al hasn't seen him since 76, I believe. So we missed Ed for four chapters but Al hasn't seen him for six, like you said.

--------------------

Avatar by Michiyo and signature by me.
Fan Fiction, Fan Art
FMAobsessed Wrote:
Bradley: "Oh by the way I made Breda my personal assistant."
Roy: "WHAT NO! I AM IN IMMENSE SHOCK!"

+Quote Post
Kimi-N-Ed
post Apr 13 2008, 10:09 AM
Post #45

Citizen

Member No.: 20,314

XD speaking of Roy .... How long has he been missing I mean like how many chapters have we not seen him? huh.gif

But yea lol I hope Ed meets up with the gang for his bday, that's if his bday hasnt gone yet. Hmmmm I wonder how Ed would react when he sees his father again XD Cant wait to see when that happens lol kinda makes me laugh when i think about it. lol aneway back to serious mode lol. I hope Ed and Al meet up again before Al's body starts calling or pulling his soul again. That got me really scared when Al fainted like that. Hmmm I wonder how Ed is gonna approach this when they tell him, well that's if they tell him.

--------------------
No more holding it in
How many years can I pretend
Nothing never goes the way it should
No more sitting in this place
Hoping you might see it my way
Cause I don't think you ever understood
That what I'm looking for are the answers
To why these questions never go away

[Chorus]
I'm so far away
I've been changin' but you'll never see me now
I'm so far away
Now I'm blaming you for everything

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2016 - 04:17 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css