HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Chapter 80 "Regular" Discussion Thread For First Time Readers (and Others), No future chapter spoilers here, please. :)
Edamame
post Feb 9 2008, 08:41 AM
Post #1

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Group: Members
Member No.: 38,530

First time FMA manga readers, please post your thoughts and discussions on chapter 80 here. smile.gif

For info on the "Reading Reference", go to page 7.

==========================

Japanese preview/summary for chapter 80 on Japanese blog site

For Chapter 80 Summary, scroll down on this page.

For Chapter 80 Raw, go to page 2 (thanks, AA battery!!) or Download Chapter 80 Raw

For translation by HisshouBuraiKen and by Tombow, go to page 3.

<Last edited by Michiyo- on Dec. 11, 2011>

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cherry Blossom A...
post Feb 9 2008, 12:22 PM
Post #2

Citizen

Member No.: 48,196

This is the bablefish trsanslaton of the summary if anyone wants it ^^

It is the heavy snow. Roughly when you measured with the ruler, there were nearly 10 centimeters! Ringing appearing in buying in morning early, it was correct answer. There is below ネタバレ. * "Father of alchemy teacher 80th story eyelid" of steel Marco who may not face everyone to making up for oneself, with apologizes thank you -. That also those where thing of the lock bell husband and wife was remembered it became opportunity you talk to ウィンリィ. You become aware in エンヴィー which is pinched in スカー, and May which is on the central underground attach the eye. Marco - and others, it returns to the village and flows together with the people of ヨキ and the village. デコピン doing in エンヴィー, ヨキ which teases, it begins to be taken over 噛 the rare body conversely. When life of ヨキ is regrettable, not to try probably to be reluctant that life of everyone's one person (performance) Marco - reaching to this period in エンヴィー which hearing threatens the fact that you say the appearance you have not been able to have cared, if you disturb, that every ヨ キ it ruins, rare (ハッタリ) it cannot meet enormously and separates from ヨ キ. The わ る it does not point, it is caught to the sea urchin bottle. When Al, from ウィンリィ and エンヴィー エド has become the whereabouts unclear, it tells. In ザンパノ and others エンヴィー thing of plan of the android it is effective "knowing that the point in time roller which talks it is done, て someone you talk?" that ツン. You caught エンヴィー, but that address was known in the androids, the village is designated as afterwards. Al where losing consciousness is gone temporarily in walking. After walking for a while, スカー, in May エンヴィー return to the country in the gift, returning to the country, that help the whole group, it quarries out. To be May which falters or, to be persuaded in スカー, acknowledgement. May which it keeps going away. That in facing to the town which becomes matter of concern which Al says to one line which is puzzled it probably will go to somewhere. On the one hand, although spirit being dispirited, May which it tries probably to return to thin from the town of the use well coal mine. The people and meeting again of カヤル and the town which are helped with in the past 錬 red lead technique. You think in the place the rice く っ て け, staying that it is difficult to return, the け etc. and it makes kind, wailing. エンヴィー which saw that, instantly "is not useful abandoning, accompanied by your you returning by the country, if it goes to the center, seeking, る ones it enters to the hand" that May the reason attaching which remains in アメストリス is done, in order furthermore to go to the center, May is seduced. Central, large president working room. In order to affuse the tea in for Lieutenant Junior Grade Hawkeye, large president who is asked. That probably has known the thing and itself natural shape of セリム in the lieutenant junior grade whom you prepare it speaks. Because you knew, whether you kill by your, that you question is little interest in the lieutenant junior grade whom, the top and that son of the country as for the android some feeling. The lieutenant junior grade, "the family which it should believe is soul of fiction in the word, it is sad forcing thing, the your family っ densely it probably is to be? The android who the idiot slanders the human imitating the human, with having laughed with the shadow ". "Family ゴッコ" so it is certain, "the son" also "the seat of large president" also "the subordinate" also also "power" was given from with respect to everything, in a manner of speaking it is person in power ゴ ッ コ, but just the wife being yourself, that it chose, large president. As for the feeling? The lieutenant junior grade of the circumstances which are surprised to this word a little. The tea which the lieutenant junior grade affuses large president where tastiness it is and says and smiles. Being confused, and face unexpectedly the lieutenant junior grade whom you stare. Central troop headquarters throat っ? Rear Admiral Armstrong who tramples the foot of Major Armstrong. Heart two people of the conversation which is not warmed. As for recipient commenting of wife in Rear Admiral unmentionable. When there are some which the lieutenant general where breath of android one group depended on there shows to the Rear Admiral it keeps accompanying on the underground. "The person is made" of three large restrictions of national 錬 gold method true meaning -> to speak with the for the sake of it tries not to have the troop where the individual is powerful, upside down was kept the human faked where enormous number is produced is shown. スカ - one line. Al who why come in the town where the vin rose is. Vin rose and meeting again. It starts making, the vin rose which is done it has helped, seems also coming ホーエンハイム meets again. "あ! ! ? ". To below next issue. - It meets again at the unexpected place! What it has done ホーエンハイム! ? After a long time, the turn of the lieutenant junior grade ロイ does not come out.... "エド, finally in next issue notice of end of the volume revival! ! ? "With! ! ! ![/spoiler]

[spoiler]Seems we'll get some action from central and it seems Mei and Al go on some journey! Or something like that...

+Quote Post
Sannom
post Feb 9 2008, 01:27 PM
Post #3

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 35,674

French as a first language + Babelfish translation from japanese to english = Totally unreadable rubish laugh.gif But thanks anyways Cherry Blossom Alchemist

All I understand is that the chapter seems to focus again on Scar's group; And there is "Rockbell" in it... would it be that perharps someone will ask Scar about them and how they died?

+Quote Post
paca
post Feb 9 2008, 02:27 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 34,936

O: Chapter 80 is out!!! (Wait Paca and ask your sister to translate it xD!!!!) *reads and waits* I can't stand Babelfish >.<

--------------------
......if you continue to wish with that strength, the dream will become reality.........

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Feb 9 2008, 02:37 PM
Post #5

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

Ha, it came out early this month.
Thanks Edamame for the link!
And, thanks Cherry Blossom Alchemist for the BableFish. It's fun. ^^
"Father of alchemy teacher 80th story eyelid" of steel ?? I love that. laugh.gif
(BTW, the first several sentences in the BubbleFish translation you got are some blog entries by the blog author about them getting snow there in Japan the night before, and not about the FMA chapter. ^^)

OK, here we go: (Translated by a live person, me, from the Japanese site posted above. XD )

Chapter 80, "Father in one's memory"
(This is a tentative chapter title till I read more about this chapter in actual raw. ^^)

Marcoh thanks everyone for helping him acomplishing his "atonement."
He tells Winry that him remembering Drs. Rockbells also motivated him.

While being held up by Scar, Envy sees Mei, and remembers seeing her at Father's underground place.

Marcoh and the gang come back to the Ishvalan slum and meet up with Yoki and other slum residents.

Yoki toys Envy. Envy fights back, and bites into Yoki and going to take over Yoki's body.
Envy makes a threat that if they would like to save Yoki's life they should do as he says.
Marcoh and others play indifference, and Marcoh bluffs that they can't afford to let Envy win, hence if needed they will blast away Envy, with Yoki and all.
With that, Envy lets Yoki go. They put Envy in a jar to prevent any similar incident.

Al and Winry learn from Envy that Ed has been missing.
Zampano and others ask Envy about the plan to create more Homunculi (immortal army?)
Envy coldly answers back, "The moment I reveal that I will condemn myself to be killed. Knowing that, do you think I will tell?"

They succeeded in catching Envy, but now Homunculi have learned where they are, so Marcoh and the gang decide to leave the Ishvalan slum. Al seems to be ok and no more incidents of losing consciousness, so Al joins the march on foot.

After marching for a while, Scar tells Mei to take Envy as a souvenir and return to her home country, and help her people there.
At first Mei is reluctant to leave, but Scar convinces Mei, and Mei leaves, with Envy in a jar.

After Mei is gone, the rest of the gang wonder where to go next. Al suggests a town he would like to check out, and they head for there.

Having separated from the gang, Mei is downhearted. She heads for the mining town of Youswell, planning to depart for Xing from there.

In Youswell, she gets reunited with Kyle, a guy she saved before with her Rentanjitsu, and other townspeople she met there before. They shower Mei with their kindness, inviting her for meals and asking her to stay with them. Feeling the sadness to leave Amestris, Mei bursts into wailing.

Envy sees this, and seizing the opportunity, Envy entices Mei to stay. Envy tells Mei that taking him to her country would not help them, but if she goes to the Central she can get what she is looking for, and coaxes her to head for Central.

Meantime, at the Central Headquarters, inside the Führer's office...
Bradley asks Lieutenant Hawkeye to bring him a cup of tea.
While Hawkeye is making the tea, Bradley talks to Hawkeye.
Bradley: "You are aware of my true identity, and Selim's identity, aren't you?"
Hawkeye: "Now that you know I know, are you going to kill me?"
Bradley: "I'm just curious. How do you feel about having homunculi as someone at the top of the country and his son?"
Hawkeye answers: "Family is someone you should be able to trust in, and instead that being a fictitious unit, that is sad. Is that just 'playing house'? Homunculi who look down on humans are imitating this human trait and laughing about it in behind?"

Bradley replies: "Indeed, I have been 'playing house.' My 'son,' the position of 'Führer,' 'subordinates,' the 'power,' they have been all placed upon me by someone from the above; As if I have been playing 'the power to be.' BUT, my wife, I CHOSE HER MYSELF."

The Lieutenant seems to be slightly surprised by the Führer's last words.
He smiles at Hawkeye, saying it is good tea.
Hawkeye looks at the Führer as if in some unexpected confusion.

Elsewhere inside the Central headquarters....
Major General Armstrong steps on Major Armstrong's foot.
Their conversations do not seem to be going "heartwarming" way.
Asking about any possibility of getting married, being a bride, etc. etc., those are no-no topics to Major General Armstrong....

An officer, Lieutenant General, who is one of the Bradly's men, approaches them.
He takes Major General Armstrong to somewhere in the underground the Headquarters, saying he has something he should show her.
He explains to her that the true reason for one of the three major ristrictions on State Alchemist Law, "thou shall not create homunculi" is because to prevent any individual from creating and possessing a powerful army, and he shows her the lines of an enormous numbers of humanoids, all upside down, and being stored.

Meantime, Scar, Al, and the gang, they arrive in Reole.
Al and others meet Rose again, and also... Hohenheim who seems to be helping Rose with the food kitchen duty.
"Ah?!!"

Caption as the next chapter preview: "Ed finally returns?!!!"
-------------
(And, that's the end of this chapter. ^^)

--------------------

+Quote Post
paca
post Feb 9 2008, 03:06 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 34,936

After many attempts I got it!
CHAPTER 80 - First page- preview!!!!

--------------------
......if you continue to wish with that strength, the dream will become reality.........

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Feb 9 2008, 03:11 PM
Post #7

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

Thanks Paca! ^^
Judging from the summery preview, that page might be page 2 or 3 of this chapter with the chapter title, where Marcoh and the gang comes back to the Ishvalan slum. ^^

--------------------

+Quote Post
Havanese
post Feb 9 2008, 04:26 PM
Post #8

Apprentice

Member No.: 53,239

Thank you so much for the preview image and spoiler summary! happy.gif I'm so excited for this chapter!

+Quote Post
Edamame
post Feb 9 2008, 10:06 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 38,530

Thank you so much for the translation of the chapter image Tombow, and the preview image Paca. From what has been translated thus far, this looks like a thoroughly entertaining chapter.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Causmicfire
post Feb 9 2008, 11:46 PM
Post #10

Member No.: 49,283

Thanks!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sannom
post Feb 10 2008, 04:47 AM
Post #11

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 35,674

THX, Tombow!

And YEAH, Bradley shows human sentiments again! It has been so long since we had those! He still has one of the main thing that made me love him but seemed to have disapeared!

+Quote Post
Alchemical
post Feb 10 2008, 09:00 AM
Post #12

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 44,852

Thanks for the summaries and previews!

Looks like it's going to be an interesting chapter...
Riza's back! :'D Though... I don't like what Bradley said to her. ;.;

But still no Ed or Roy (well, until March's chapter, it seems, for Ed). I wonder how long it's been since Ed went missing; these time skips are making me anxious...

+Quote Post
tammertime
post Feb 10 2008, 09:13 AM
Post #13

Citizen

Member No.: 52,395

OMFG FINALLY we get to see Major General Armstrong again! WOOT!
I can't WAIT to see the look on her face in the scan when asked about the possibility of marriage... *snickers*

+Quote Post
Petite-Parfait
post Feb 10 2008, 12:06 PM
Post #14

Citizen

Member No.: 54,239

Thanks so much for digging up the spoiler summaries and some pages! I was mildly pleased to be able to read little bits of the blog in Japanese in the original post. I can't wait until I'm able to help you all translate the chapters.

Ahh! Mei's leaving? Geez, I'm going to miss that little runt. ;_; But I'm glad to see that we've got Riza back and see another side to Bradley-- that was refreshing. Souvenier! Envy is downright amazing, though. I wonder when we'll see Roy again.. I also wonder how much time has past, considering that there may have been more than one time skip.

But the caption of Ed's return made me lol. I don't know why, but it just did. xD But that's grand, because I was missing him.

+Quote Post
Havanese
post Feb 10 2008, 01:14 PM
Post #15

Apprentice

Member No.: 53,239

Yay, this looks like it's going to be a great chapter! It's really interesting to see a more sympathetic side of Bradley, and I think it's sweet that he loves his wife. I always wondered why his wife acted like she loved him; well, I guess it's because he treats her well.

I'll miss Mei. I hope she plays a big role at the end, and gets together with Alphonse (they're such a sweet couple). Also, I'm so, SO happy and relieved that Envy can still talk, although he may not be the best influence on impressionable little Mei-chan.

As for Ed coming back, well... I think all of us -- or, most of us -- are thinking "finally!", myself included. laugh.gif Hurray!

+Quote Post

7 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th August 2016 - 06:23 PM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css