Reply to this topicStart new topic
Spice And Wolf
Little Washu
post Feb 6 2008, 05:38 PM
Post #1

Lt. General

Group: Members
Member No.: 31,492

Spice and Wolf (狼と香辛料 Ōkami to Kōshinryō?, lit. Wolf and Spice) adaptation produced by the animation studio Imagin aired in Japan between January 9 and March 26, 2008 on the Chiba TV Japanese television network; twelve of the thirteen episodes were broadcast, with episode seven being a DVD exclusive.
(Source - Wiki)

Plot Summary: Kraft Lawrence, a 25 year old peddler travelling from town to town selling and buying various things to make a living during a period much like Europe in the Middle Ages. One night when stopped at the town of Pasroe, he finds in his wagon a 250 year old pagan wolf deity girl named Holo. She appears to be that of a 15 year old girl, except for a wolf tail and ears. She introduces herself as the town's goddess of harvest who has kept it blessed with good harvests of wheat for many years. Despite having the responsibility to watch over the town, she wants to go back to her homeland in the north called Yoitsu, she believes the people have already forsaken her anyway and that she has kept her promise to maintain the good harvests. She manages to bargain her way out of the village by making a deal with Lawrence to take her with him. As they travel, her wisdom helps increase his profits, but at the same time, her true nature draws unwanted attention from the church.

Genres: adventure, drama, fantasy, romance, supernatural
Themes: economics, trading, wolf girls
Episodes: 13
Age Rating: Older Teen
(Source - ANN)

--------------------

I've only seen a few episodes so far, but it seems really good. It's also had a few articles in Newtype.

Spice and Wolf on Wikipedia
The Official Website
Spice and Wolf on Anime News Network

The Opening and Ending
OP
ED

I personally think the ending sequence sounds silly, because of the Japanese singing English.

I didn't see a topic for this anime already, so if there is one sorry about that .__.

--------------------

d a| Y a k u s o k u |t u m b l r
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Popogeejo
post Feb 7 2008, 12:00 PM
Post #2

Master Alchemist

Member No.: 31,420

Fun series and the ED is Engrishy gold.

--------------------

>Click the picture for me gushing over over Summer Wars shenanigans!<
The various works of FKMT are something you should read

+Quote Post
Havanese
post Feb 27 2008, 03:39 PM
Post #3

Apprentice

Member No.: 53,239

I saw the first episode. happy.gif I thought it was good, but I'm not sure if I'll continue it or not... maybe I'll check out the novels when (and if) they're translated, or the manga.

I really like the OP, but not the ED. If the singing was in Japanese, I think I would like it a lot more, but the Engrish sounds really weird. The animation is good, though.

Another thing that irks me about the series is that Holo/Horo has no nipples. It looks like she's wearing a really tight, skin-colored body suit. blink.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th June 2016 - 10:10 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css