HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Chapter 79 "Regular" Discussion Thread For First Time Readers (and Others), No future chapter spoilers here, please. :)
Havanese
post Jan 10 2008, 05:34 PM
Post #1

Apprentice

Group: Members
Member No.: 53,239

First time FMA manga readers, please post your thoughts and discussions on chapter 79 here. smile.gif

For info on the "Reading Reference", go to page 7.

==========================

Chapter 79 Preview page!!
http://community.livejournal.com/hagaren_m...567.html#cutid1

Woohoo! He's the link to the RAW: chapyter 70 download on Sendspace Thanks to Edamame for posting it! happy.gif

To learn the content of this chapter as a reference for content discussions on FMA chapter 79, Tombow's "deliberately literal" translation

To read as "fun" FMAish story (though may not be reflecting what's in the actual FMA chapter 79 in some parts) HisshouBuraiKen's very "liberal" Quick translation

<Last edited by Michiyo- on Dec. 4, 2011>
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Edamame
post Jan 10 2008, 05:40 PM
Post #2

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 38,530

Thank you so much for posting the link to the preview picture Havanese. I really like the montage that Arakawa-sensei has drawn of both Edward and Alphonse; I only wish that the picture was a tad bit bigger. (I wish that I could make out the text.) I hope that a chapter preview will circulate on the net tonight. I am certainly looking forward to the next chapter- hopefully we will see more of our "friends" in Central.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Havanese
post Jan 10 2008, 06:08 PM
Post #3

Apprentice

QUOTE(Edamame @ Jan 10 2008, 06:40 PM) *
Thank you so much for posting the link to the preview picture Havanese. I really like the montage that Arakawa-sensei has drawn of both Edward and Alphonse; I only wish that the picture was a tad bit bigger. (I wish that I could make out the text.) I hope that a chapter preview will circulate on the net tonight. I am certainly looking forward to the next chapter- hopefully we will see more of our "friends" in Central.

No problem! smile.gif I love the preview picture -- I think it looks so cool -- but yeah, I wish it was bigger. I'm sure we'll see an enlarged version within the next couple days (whenever the RAW is released), but waiting is no fun!

I hope so! I wonder if this chapter will focus on Ed and Al, or if Arakawa is going to show us more of what the minor characters are doing? Ed and Al are on the image, so I think the outcome may be the latter, but I think it'll be a while before the two are reunited. Ed looks more or less unharmed, which doesn't make sense, since 10 days ago he was doing really badly. I think the image either happens in a later chapter (unless Arakawa does a time-skip sort of thing for this chapter), or the scene never happens at all.

+Quote Post
RavenHair
post Jan 10 2008, 06:12 PM
Post #4

Citizen

Member No.: 51,225

This almost looks like where Kimbley left Edward doesn't it? I'm probably wrong but it kinda looks like that to me. Thank you so much for posting this image for us all! I can not tell how happy I am that it's almost the 12th! I really want to find out if Ed is ok.

--------------------

Innocense is the purest creature. Often abused and mistreated it has become the rarest form of nature. Once gone, it never fully comes back.

+Quote Post
Animeoldtimer
post Jan 10 2008, 07:50 PM
Post #5

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 8,503

Thanks for posting. smile.gif I like the street sign with the 79 on it. AND... it looks like Al has got himself a kitten army! biggrin.gif

--------------------
"Funny how you can say something in your head and it sounds fine... "--The Doctor

+Quote Post
Alchemical
post Jan 10 2008, 08:05 PM
Post #6

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 44,852

Thanks for posting!

Hm, I'm really not sure what to think of this one, but I don't think it really has anything to do with the plot. Arakawa draws random scenes from time to time. I love it, though; perhaps Ed and Al are really okay. <3

+Quote Post
spoonyalchemist
post Jan 10 2008, 08:58 PM
Post #7

Citizen

Member No.: 45,694

Ooh, nice pic! Thanks for sharing. I agree that it probably doesn't have to do with the plot, though. The setting, Ed's condition, and the fact that the brothers are together all don't seem possible right now. Also, I'm not positive, but it looks like Ed's coat doesn't have the fur on it.

I love the detail in the setting of this pic. It has a distinctive style that reminds me a lot of the earlier chapters.

Man, I'm so excited for the chapter now!

--------------------
Thanks to x_entity for the avatar!

+Quote Post
Havanese
post Jan 10 2008, 09:32 PM
Post #8

Apprentice

QUOTE(Animeoldtimer @ Jan 10 2008, 08:50 PM) *
Thanks for posting. smile.gif I like the street sign with the 79 on it. AND... it looks like Al has got himself a kitten army! biggrin.gif

Haha, you're right! For a while I thought those animals were rats, but they definitely look more like cats. ^^;

+Quote Post
Chiyo
post Jan 11 2008, 02:47 AM
Post #9

Moderator Emeritus

Member No.: 6,466

Thanks for posting that to wet our appetites, again shame about the size but I do like the theme of the image, like old school FMA

--------------------

+Quote Post
Edamame
post Jan 11 2008, 09:16 AM
Post #10

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 38,530

It looks like a chapter preview is out at the following Japanese blog: Japanese preview for chapter 79.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Reika
post Jan 11 2008, 09:47 AM
Post #11

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 11,740

I wonder if Roy's gonna appear ever again... XD

--------------------
IPB Image

~My Forum Family~
My little sis-SsleepyAlly
My other little sis XD-Satsuka
My OTHER little sis XD-Seventh Sky
My big sis -Valérie
My Cousin- Azura Elric

+Quote Post
Number 48
post Jan 11 2008, 09:48 AM
Post #12

Citizen

Member No.: 27,344

I've got to agree that the preview image really does harken back to some of the imagery from when the manga first started, which is good to see!

And to think I nearly forgot what time of the month it was and that our next chapter would be out soon. How foolish of me!

+Quote Post
Celeste Nayamash...
post Jan 11 2008, 11:35 AM
Post #13

Alchemists

Member No.: 52,278

Thank you so much for this Havanese! Hmmm, is that Pride's eye in the background there I see? I wonder what this could be leading up to? I really hope Ed is still alive and was able to get medical treatment. She can't leave us hanging for another month like this! >.<

--------------------

My DeviantArt My Fanfiction
Siggy made by me! EdxWin is <3 Avatar made by CeruleanSan <3
"Even when our eyes our closed, there's a whole world out there, that lives outside ourselves and our dreams."
Formerly known as WinryRockbell_83

+Quote Post
ehxhfdl14
post Jan 11 2008, 04:03 PM
Post #14

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 45,709

The pic really does remind me of the earlier drawings, in that it has that roundish(?) quality to it. Looking forward to Ch. 79...

And of course, a thanks to Havanese smile.gif

--------------------
We have met the enemy, and he is us.
-Walt Kelly, Pogo

+Quote Post
Havanese
post Jan 11 2008, 04:39 PM
Post #15

Apprentice

You're very welcome, everyone! ^^

And thanks to Edamame for posting the link to the spoiler site! Here's the translation version (I used Google, which explains the quality. Sorry everyone, I don't have a better translator!):

Spoiler warning! This is a makeshift translation of chapter 79! I don't want anyone to be spoiled if they don't want to be!

"The steel alchemist 79 story "of a噛みAnt"

Briggs VS drachma! Difference is overwhelming force -!

Briggs military forces kill drachma killed.
詰め寄るdrachma is a different story and the military commander of KINBURI cold air.
That's just our offense and survived in this world recognized that the blessing of being chosen to be expanded and theory.

Drachma angry at the army commander, but the shelling was killed on the button.

Drachma soldiers who survived at gunpoint is likely to be taken KINBURI me make one remember that the body was using the Philosopher's Stone to cause an explosion.
Avalanche also occurred. KINBURI is知れずwhereabouts.

Scarr ENVI to化けたISHUVARU people were brought to burrow ZANPANO Slam.

Another chimera of forest and soldiers to gather firewood before it was MARUKO ZANPANO ENVI to disguise the children appeared "scurrilous play until Coco" unmask.

Sniffily remain fully human, and MARUKO迫ろうENVI to be snow-covered underground mines hidden in plastic type team (in May was actually red remote-controlled wrought surgery) was invoked several times.

MARUKO back from the ENVI ZANPANO. MARUKO who pretended to betray ENVI to reverse pattern was to lure operations.

Mae will invoke the mercy of attacks by remote plastic嬲りfeel to be ENVI. Les BUCHIKI finally reveal one's true nature.

KAWASHI chimera attack while attacking troops to be taken back to the space around Scarr destruction from attacks by plastic, as might be expected ENVI me look real.

MARUKO captured in a still tongue gradually tightening up.
If you still ISHUVARU ghetto resistance to killing women and children blown to host the Philosopher's Stone, who now lives beat the Philosopher's Stone to make use of what you have to mourn too late? And driven up both physically and mentally.

MARUKO the words, nothing is ever that the enemy did not annoyed, I have a lot of people at the expense of the Philosopher's Stone made a stone in this country than anybody really knows how to make, how to make know that --

Also know how to break that thing!

NUGI discarded gloves and hand painted Philosopher's Stone (chopped) team of plastic similar to that of wet adult ENVI toward imposition of a team.

ENVI Philosopher's Stone in a major catastrophe occurred, physical suffering is gradually collapsing into ENVI.
"I look down," said the good foot-stomping潰せるeasily become helpless before a small ENVI.

Scarr, who is the enemy in this奴been swayed or capture and ENVI.
Fallen snow with serious injuries as a compromise MARUKO "MARUKO won!" On the words.

MARUKO逃げずstood up to the Battle of Misogi. It尊きvictory -.

To the next issue.

Roy also absent hero, but also the sweat and labor was MARUKO BUN.
MARUKO Scarr is not赦すto admit that I guess I could.

ENVI alsoああなっOnce the word pathetic stage."

+Quote Post

7 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th June 2016 - 08:00 PM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css