Reply to this topicStart new topic
2012: What Do You Think
Forsaken Love
post Jan 17 2010, 11:25 AM
Post #61

State Alchemist (Major)

Group: Members
Member No.: 69,408

the actual date for 2012 is in december or somethin, so it would be neally a year after december 31 2011 XD its practically 2013 really

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
kazare
post Jan 19 2010, 02:42 AM
Post #62

Apprentice

Member No.: 71,582

2012 will really happen. It is written in the bible. I agree with Katya that there has scientific and religious proofs but it may just not happen in 2012, it can range from 2010 to eternity.

--------------------

Love what you need to love. Avoid Hatred or loathing as much as possible.
Add: Facebook Tumblr Twitter

+Quote Post
sidekick.kep37
post Jan 23 2010, 04:14 PM
Post #63

Alchemists

From: The lair where the Sidekicks hang on their down time
Member No.: 67,873

Hold on, Kazare, when you said "2012 will happen" are you referrring to happen in a "world will end" happen or "it'll just be another day/year" happen? And the 'it' in "it can range from 2012 to eternity", what are you referring to as 'it'? I'm sorry, your statement was kind of vague to me.

@ Katya: Okay, you're right about the whole mass hysteria thing. It is pretty dangerous. But being a kid who has been living a life of boredom can't help but want an "adventure"... okay, that was as extremely lame (but honest) excuse

+Quote Post
kazare
post Jan 24 2010, 10:33 PM
Post #64

Apprentice

Member No.: 71,582

@sidekick.kep37
The 'it' that I am referring is the end of the world.

--------------------

Love what you need to love. Avoid Hatred or loathing as much as possible.
Add: Facebook Tumblr Twitter

+Quote Post
Guest_kikuchan xx_*
post Feb 14 2010, 04:33 AM
Post #65

Guests

I believe that the events happened on the movie 2012 will come true but I don't think it will exactly come in year 2012.

+Quote Post
Vash_the_Gunslin...
post Mar 1 2010, 05:59 PM
Post #66

Major General

Member No.: 33,355

QUOTE (kazare @ Jan 19 2010, 03:42 AM) *
2012 will really happen. It is written in the bible. I agree with Katya that there has scientific and religious proofs but it may just not happen in 2012, it can range from 2010 to eternity.

This. The world will end. I don't think it will happen anytime in the near future, but it will happen.

+Quote Post
sidekick.kep37
post Mar 2 2010, 05:48 PM
Post #67

Alchemists

From: The lair where the Sidekicks hang on their down time
Member No.: 67,873

Jeez, first an earthquake in Haiti and now in Chile, too? This end of the world thing is really starting to freak me out. I'm not getting paranoid or anything but, it's kind of hard not to notice this trend here.

I mean, here in Texas we, geographically speaking, have these blistering summers that have been progressively getting hotter. True, nothing new for us, but I can read charts. :nodnod: But what's weird is that these winters we've been experiencing, though not completely blistering cold here in Texas, are memorable ones with the temperatures and the several instances we've received snow. But for the country, however, things have definitely gone pretty weird. Snow has been pouring in by the feet in some places. All this weather hubbub is really starting to irk at me.

And to add to that, the recent earthquakes in Haiti and Chile (bless them) are starting to freak me out even more. I believe it was the Mayans who predicted in the year 2010, a major earthquake will strike California. I want to say it's in San Francisco that unfortunately gets to be the city that gets torn apart, but I don't know if there are any fault lines along there. But to me, if an earthquake does strike (God forbid) California, it will be a critical warning sign that may guarantee the end of the world.

Now what'd be even more interesting if the end of the world happened similar to the catastrophic events in the movie 2012. Interesting indeed.

+Quote Post
Popogeejo
post Mar 2 2010, 07:50 PM
Post #68

Master Alchemist

Member No.: 31,420

But to me, if an earthquake does strike (God forbid) California, it will be a critical warning sign that may guarantee the end of the world.

Or maybe, just maybe, it's because there's a fault line there! Earthquakes happen. They are not heralds of the worlds end. There have been Earthquakes rocking the world since it began. They've happened before and they'll happen again, that's just how the world works.

I believe it was the Mayans who predicted in the year 2010, a major earthquake will strike California.

A swift google search shows no such prediction by the Myans. However, you'll be happy to know an Earthquake has already hit California this year, unpredicted though it was. However, even if someone had predicted such an event it's not that impressive anyway.
It's like predicting a member of the Senate will die this year. It may not happen but they're all really old so there's a solid chance, same as predicting a state on a fault line may just have an Earthquake.

But for the country, however, things have definitely gone pretty weird. Snow has been pouring in by the feet in some places.

It's winter. Many, many America states have always had heavy winters with large amounts of snowfall. In Texas and other Southern states It may be uncommon or rare but it's nothing to get worried over. Honestly, it would be more strange if you never had a heavy winter.

QUOTE (Some other guy)
This. The world will end. I don't think it will happen anytime in the near future, but it will happen.

Well done, you've predicted the obvious. Of course the world will end. Our jolly little Sun is just waiting to one day go super nova and take down the solar system.

--------------------

>Click the picture for me gushing over over Summer Wars shenanigans!<
The various works of FKMT are something you should read

+Quote Post
Katya Martin
post Mar 2 2010, 09:17 PM
Post #69

Alchemists

Member No.: 72,181

Earthquakes can be tragic, but they're nothing abnormal. California gets them all the time, though not always big enough to do too much damage. The patterns earthquakes follow are determined by plate tectonics, a branch of science that takes a bit of explaining-- basically the motion of tectonic plates builds up tension, and after a while it all has to go somewhere. You can read about them here.

Natural disasters are just that-- natural. They're terrible, they kill a lot of people, but for the most part, we can tell what causes them. We're getting better and better at that all the time.

And yes, the world has a lot of problems. But it always has, and it always will. We make new developments, we find new challenges. But we've come a long way! Hard times in no way mean the world will end; they're just a chance for us to make things better!

Of course the world will end. Humanity could do something incredibly foolish, or something entirely unforseen could occur. If we somehow avoid that for some five billion years, the sun will go red giant.

But there's nothing really convincing to say the world will end anytime soon.

--------------------

awesomeness by Arakawa, Project FMA banner by Aribelle, avatar by me
I draw things.

+Quote Post
Broken Chouchou
post Mar 4 2010, 02:03 AM
Post #70

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 55,758

Thank you, rational people.

--------------------

Sig and ava by Forsaken Love :3

Bye bye, Edward Elric :(

+Quote Post
IceSkadi
post Mar 7 2010, 01:48 PM
Post #71

Citizen

Member No.: 72,103

Every new millennium there is a fool that spread the "OMG the world will end" nosense.
Beside to those that see a kind of omen in the last natural disasters (Chile's earthquake, Haiti etc...) well they're just the regular activity of the Earth. There have always been earthquakes and tsunamis, the only difference is that we heard of them almost everyday due to the mass media, so we are induced to think that it's a kind of apocalypse or a "Nature uprising against the human kind".

+Quote Post
Disasterpiece
post Mar 7 2010, 07:00 PM
Post #72

Alchemists

Member No.: 66,581

I beat Dead Space on impossible mode in less than 6 hours, it shouldn't be a problem for me.

--------------------

EdwardxWinry

[credit goes to Aquarina :D]

+Quote Post
Nuclear Alchemis...
post Jun 20 2010, 12:38 AM
Post #73

Citizen

Member No.: 74,552

I don't believe that the World will end in 2012.
In fact, I am waiting for the "death of the Universe", [between 40 and 50]*10e9 years in the future.

--------------------
I believe in Python
On Facebook, I am Alexandru Calin
I participate at SETI@home using BOINC
I use NASM

+Quote Post
mura_no_baka
post Jul 28 2010, 07:54 AM
Post #74

Citizen

Member No.: 75,029

I believe it's all bull.

--------------------
Life is full of crap and we are full of life.

+Quote Post
von Hohenheim
post Aug 5 2010, 01:37 AM
Post #75

Citizen

Member No.: 75,118

These "prophecies" are nothing more than hoaxes, built off of nothing more than the vivid imaginations of the human mind--we've already had these happen already. People thought the world was going to end in 2000, and it didn't. There have been several conspiracies related to the end of the world, and none of them have ever been fulfilled. Just because a Mayan calendar ends in year 2012 doesn't mean they believe the world is going to end in 2012; people just imagine it does. Even if that's what they believed, it doesn't mean we have to believe them too. Why does the obsolete knowledge of civilization from centuries past have any kind of bearing on truth, which we are more than capable of discerning for ourselves with our modern techniques, knowledge and science?

People can use religion to bend and twist whatever they want to make their end-of-the-world interpretation seem more plausible. Without any kind of evidence, I have no reason to believe the year 2012 is any more special than any other year.

--------------------

Seit mein Körper sich geändert hat, habe ich zahllose Todesfälle eingesehen. Ich habe beobachtet, wie Freunde alt werden und sterben... habe ganz verwandelnde Orte angesehen, die ich mich früher errinere. Ich schau an, wie Menschen, wieder und wieder, die gleiche Fehler wieder holen und niemals lernen sie von die Vergangenheit. Doch meine einzige Befreiung, ist es mich selbst zu errinern, daß ich noch ein Fleck mitten dem großerem Bild der Sache bin. Da gibt es noch ein menge schöne einzige Dinge, die ich mag schon erfahren... Daran dachte ich, es würde wunderbar sein... Liebe Trisha, als ich du traf und wir Kinder haben, habe ich erkannt, daß ich niemals mich ändern würde und auch wenn unsere Söhne mein Blut in ihren Venen tragen, werden sie sich erwaschen. Sie werden Alter bekommen. Davon hat diese Gedanke mich erschreckt. Danach dachte ich, im Ernst...bin ich Monster.

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 >
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2016 - 10:03 PM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css