HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

11 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Chapter 76 "Regular" Discussion Thread For First Time Readers (and Others), No future chapter spoilers here, please. :)
paca
post Oct 11 2007, 08:46 AM
Post #31

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Group: Members
Member No.: 34,936

chapter 76!Chapter 76!!!!! XDDDDDD

Yay! =D.....

*read the translated lines*

Awesome chapter!!

They are bonded!!! O: Wow!

About Winry's shout: It can be that she wants Ed's help because what have just happened to Al or that she feels that something bad must have happened to Ed. As you have said, it not very clear. Anyway, it is more probable that she is shouting for Ed's help.

Thanks Tombow for the translation happy.gif

--------------------
......if you continue to wish with that strength, the dream will become reality.........
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
AA battery
post Oct 11 2007, 08:46 AM
Post #32

Brigadier General

Member No.: 7,450

QUOTE(Chiyo @ Oct 11 2007, 07:36 AM) *
So I can clear it up in my head, when Winry cries 'Someone, Ed' at the end, is she calling someone for help, then calls Ed for help....or is it she realises he must be hurt? Poor Al, Winry calls for Ed even though he's on the floor in front of her haha.

Thanks Tombow, always on the ball with the new manga's.

I don't think Winry is "alchemist" enough to realize that since Al went down, Ed must be hurt...

I think it's more like, since Al is not "human" enough for Winry to be able to help him out (ie, stop bleeding, cure fever...etc), and the only one Winry knows that can help Al out would definitely be Ed, which is why she yelled out for Ed's name...

and the line she said before yelling out Ed's name is "CAN SOMEONE HELP AL?!?!?!"... so there =P

That's just how I would think... yes it's possible for both ways, but I am not convinced by "Winry sensing Ed also in danger"...

and judging from context what Al thinks is happening is that his body is trying to pull his soul into the gate... so I don't think Winry would connect what's happening to Al to Ed's injury...

just my 2 cents ^^; Might be completely wrong lol

---

My complaints:
1. This chapter is once again so short D: I am starting to hate Juushin Enbu for shortening our FMA!
2. I WANT TO SEE THE NEXT CHAPTER OMG ;_____; Allllll~~~!! Eddddd~~~~~!!!!

--------------------
*June 11, 2013 - New Doujinshis Added*
Hi, I got a bunch of FMA merchandises (keychains, pencil boards, cards, figurines, book in figure red...etc) for sale at my LJ. Please visit my sale post here if interested! Thanks ^_^

+Quote Post
Sensenic
post Oct 11 2007, 08:57 AM
Post #33

Member No.: 11,694

QUOTE(AA battery @ Oct 11 2007, 05:46 PM) *
I don't think Winry is "alchemist" enough to realize that since Al went down, Ed must be hurt...

I think it's more like, since Al is not "human" enough for Winry to be able to help him out (ie, stop bleeding, cure fever...etc), and the only one Winry knows that can help Al out would definitely be Ed, which is why she yelled out for Ed's name...

and the line she said before yelling out Ed's name is "CAN SOMEONE HELP AL?!?!?!"... so there =P

That's just how I would think... yes it's possible for both ways, but I am not convinced by "Winry sensing Ed also in danger"...

and judging from context what Al thinks is happening is that his body is trying to pull his soul into the gate... so I don't think Winry would connect what's happening to Al to Ed's injury...

just my 2 cents ^^; Might be completely wrong lol

---

My complaints:
1. This chapter is once again so short D: I am starting to hate Juushin Enbu for shortening our FMA!
2. I WANT TO SEE THE NEXT CHAPTER OMG ;_____; Allllll~~~!! Eddddd~~~~~!!!!

Second aaall of that. happy.gif

--------------------
貧乳神・・・

+Quote Post
HisshouBuraiKen
post Oct 11 2007, 09:00 AM
Post #34

Apprentice

Member No.: 40,851

My translation's finished, I'll just link to it so as not to make a second hugeass post:
Click here

I'm pretty sure Winry has no idea that Ed's hurt, she's just scared sh1tless for Al and is calling for Ed because she thinks he's the only one that can help.

QUOTE("AA battery @ Oct 11 2007 @ 05:46 PM)

Well said biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Oct 11 2007, 09:01 AM
Post #35

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

ETA: My translation is finished also!! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
fuyu
post Oct 11 2007, 09:03 AM
Post #36

Citizen

Member No.: 48,280

QUOTE(HisshouBuraiKen @ Oct 11 2007, 11:34 PM) *
Page 22: Arrgh...I think I got squished even shorter...

ROFL! Wahehehe.

Page 23:
Ed: And why do they use ammonium nitrate?
Lion: OBVIOUSLY so you can...
small..

Uh... This is "smell", right? Just makin' sure I understood right. ^^

Thanks for this! happy.gif Arrrrrgh November simply cannot come quick enough. >_< The suspense is gonna kill meeeee~

+Quote Post
Alchemical
post Oct 11 2007, 09:25 AM
Post #37

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 44,852

Thanks for the translation!

... I can't stop looking at that scene where Ed's looking at his wound. So painful....

I agree with Fufu; the suspense is going to be MURDER. x_x

+Quote Post
TheRainbowConnec...
post Oct 11 2007, 09:26 AM
Post #38

Apprentice

Member No.: 45,133

Whee! Thank you! biggrin.gif

**POINTLESS RAMBLING ABOUT THE WOUND AHEAD**

Dude. That pole sticking through Ed looks all sorts of nasty. I thought it was going to be like a small metal bar. Instead, it's like he got impaled on a support beam...and it's huge--about as wide around as an orange.

Despite the huge size of the wound, people have survived worse in real life. (I am assuming that the pole was sharp and solid, as opposed to hollow at the top.) Puncture wounds often do less damage than stuff like gunshot wounds because a bullet would oftentimes spin around and fragment inside the body, embedding bits of shrapnel into vital organs and creating a large temporary cavity that may severely damage organs and whatnot.

Also, fortunately for him, it seems that he's at least missed the most vital of the vital organs. Maybe he'll lose a kidney or part of his pancreas, depending on how high up the wound is, but that's about as good as you could hope for when you have a giant pole embedded in your abdomen...

Fake Edit: Then again, he is coughing up blood, suggesting that the wound is either in his gastrointestinal tract (ouch--digestive enzymes spreading out of the GI tract often makes for a slow, painful death) or in his lungs. Having it hit the lungs would be the worst case scenario, and drowning to death in your own blood would be the worst type of no fun. Ouch. Get to him quickly, Mei! D:

Real edit: Added reference pic
Attached File(s)
Attached File  pole_ouch.jpg ( 100.31K ) Number of downloads: 91

+Quote Post
Ropespinner
post Oct 11 2007, 10:40 AM
Post #39

Apprentice

Member No.: 46,466

...My hands are shaking, I can't breathe normally, my heart is beating twice as fast as it shoul... That was the cliffhanger of DOOM. For a while every chapter has been more OMG than the one before, and here I thought this could not rise over the OMGness level of chapter 75. It seems I was totally wrong...

They're dying. Elric Telepathy seems to be true. But they're DYING! I don't really think there's any way Mei would reach Ed in time to save his life; they're quite far apart, and the Scar-Winry-Chimeras-group doesn't even know Ed's hurt. But I think Kimbley's Philosopher's Stone fell to the mine, and then Ed fell to the same mine (or did he?) so he better find that stone laying around near him, because I can't think of anything else that could possibly save his life.

In this chapter Ed acted way more cruelly than before. I can't remember him actually doing anything like severely stabbing that lion chimera's arm before. And Miles and the other guy were talking about him having to realise he can't survive without killing. And Ed HAS used a PS before, even if he considers using PS "killing"...

EDIT
HisshouBuraiKen, not VERY cruel, yeah, but it kind of caucht me off guard, since I can't remember Ed really badly wounding anybody (except homunculi with regeneration skills) before...

--------------------
I'm Sallykie on LJ and most other forums, Seita on ZOMGFTA Forums.

+Quote Post
Animeoldtimer
post Oct 11 2007, 10:54 AM
Post #40

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 8,503

That seems plausible that the philosophers stone is his way out. I think we'll be somewhat surprised at how he survives.

As for the wound, it looks like it could be in his stomach. It's on his left side, he's coughing up blood, and it looks to be too low to be in his lung.

--------------------
"Funny how you can say something in your head and it sounds fine... "--The Doctor

+Quote Post
HisshouBuraiKen
post Oct 11 2007, 11:15 AM
Post #41

Apprentice

QUOTE(fuyu @ Oct 11 2007, 12:03 PM) *

Page 23:
Ed: And why do they use ammonium nitrate?
Lion: OBVIOUSLY so you can...
small..

Uh... This is "smell", right? Just makin' sure I understood right. ^^

Yeah, that was a typo, sorry.

The november chapter comes out one day before my birthday...should be one hell of a present biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
HisshouBuraiKen
post Oct 11 2007, 11:26 AM
Post #42

Apprentice

QUOTE(TheRainbowConnection @ Oct 11 2007, 12:41 PM) *
Fake Edit: Then again, he is coughing up blood, suggesting that the wound is either in his gastrointestinal tract (ouch--digestive enzymes spreading out of the GI tract often makes for a slow, painful death) or in his lungs. Having it hit the lungs would be the worst case scenario, and drowning to death in your own blood would be the worst type of no fun. Ouch. Get to him quickly, Mei! D:

Quite possible, but he might have also been coughing from getting the wind (and a few teeth) knocked out of him from the fall. His organs might still be okay, but even if they are, the blood loss is looking pretty nasty. He's gonna need some serious stone-action to patch that bad boy up.

Also, May? You think she's gonna run to help ED when Alphonse-sama has collapsed at her feet? biggrin.gif

Ropespinner - I was impressed that Ed stabbed Lion in his arm - he could've gone for the chest or the neck. doesn't see so cruel now, does he? ;D

+Quote Post
Mena
post Oct 11 2007, 11:52 AM
Post #43

Citizen

Member No.: 37,442

--------------------

+Quote Post
Causmicfire
post Oct 11 2007, 11:56 AM
Post #44

Member No.: 49,283

Gha! Now I want to look at the raw, but I can't download, because I'm not on my computer, and I've got nothing to save it on. Thanks for the translation. I don't think I go all the way until November without the next chapter.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Edamame
post Oct 11 2007, 12:14 PM
Post #45

Member No.: 38,530

Also, May? You think she's gonna run to help ED when Alphonse-sama has collapsed at her feet? biggrin.gif

I believe that both Winry and Mei will deduce from their own intuition that something is terribly wrong with both the Elric brothers. I can really see Mei's rentanjutsu playing a key role in the next chapter; whether she will be able to heal Edward will remain to be seen. Speaking of rentanjutsu, it reminds me of Hoenheim's attempt to rearrange Izumi's vital organs in the last chapter. Seeing as Hoenheim is the Philosopher's Stone, I can see him coming to the aid of both his children. Hopefully Mei and Hoenheim will come to Edward's aid before the poor kid bleeds to death. Perhaps I glorify Hoenheim too much, but I can see him making a huge sacrifice for both his kids. It looks like the Philospher's stone might be their only way out.

--------------------

+Quote Post

11 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th August 2016 - 01:42 AM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css