Reply to this topicStart new topic
K-dramas, discuss your favorites!
MasterKris
post Oct 1 2007, 02:27 PM
Post #1

Brigadier General

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,833

Korean dramas are so addicting, who agrees? So I created a topic to discuss all about the dramas! From famous ones like Jewel in the Palace to popular Goong, Winter Sonata for romance, Jumong for action, and oldies like Sandglass, comedies like Fantasy Couple or perhaps sitcoms like Unstoppable Highkick and the recent Coffee Prince. Also movies too: 100 Pounds of Beauty or Mapado.

Dramas are soooooo fun. Discuss if you watch it and if you never watched one, start now!

--------------------
HYO!!
Known as the Sadistic Feedbacker. The Wise Spanish Apprentice of *~vachi~*
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c212/Mas...-sensei-sig.png
Siggy & avvy made by me.

Visit My Manhwa/Manga Raws Thread!!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mei_tenshi
post Oct 1 2007, 08:26 PM
Post #2

Major General

Member No.: 3,343

I watch Korean dramas in spurts...usually at the worst times, like during finals week. tongue.gif

I'm really impressed by the range of genres as well as the sheer bulk of shows per genre. I grew up with the Jade Channel (a Hong Kong/Cantonese channel) -- the dramas there tend to have a mix of everything, though the show can still be easily categorized as "cop/criminal show," "family drama," "romantic comedy," "random craziness," etc. Korean dramas (at least, the ones I've seen) are like that, too -- there's a bit of everything. Though, I find that Korean dramas are more similar to Taiwanese dramas than Chinese/Hong Kong dramas.

My all-time favorite: She is Nineteen/My Sister-In-Law is 19/My 19-Year-Old Sister-In-Law/whatever they call it.

--------------------

CoF #11

+Quote Post
Blitz
post Oct 3 2007, 02:12 PM
Post #3

Major General

Member No.: 18,681

I luff Highkick. <3

I kinda lost interest in Coffee Prince after episode 11. I'll have to finish up later.

--------------------

just an ordinary kind of happy
Graphics by BlitzDeviantArt

+Quote Post
MasterKris
post Oct 5 2007, 12:33 PM
Post #4

Brigadier General

Member No.: 8,833

QUOTE(mei_tenshi @ Oct 1 2007, 08:26 PM) *
I watch Korean dramas in spurts...usually at the worst times, like during finals week. tongue.gif

I'm really impressed by the range of genres as well as the sheer bulk of shows per genre. I grew up with the Jade Channel (a Hong Kong/Cantonese channel) -- the dramas there tend to have a mix of everything, though the show can still be easily categorized as "cop/criminal show," "family drama," "romantic comedy," "random craziness," etc. Korean dramas (at least, the ones I've seen) are like that, too -- there's a bit of everything. Though, I find that Korean dramas are more similar to Taiwanese dramas than Chinese/Hong Kong dramas.

Oh dear, it really is at the worst time. XDD
Are there any good Taiwanese dramas? So far the other Asian dramas I watched are Japanese and Chinese and bunch of them really lack what suppose to be alive in a drama.

QUOTE(Blitz @ Oct 3 2007, 02:12 PM) *
I luff Highkick. <3

I kinda lost interest in Coffee Prince after episode 11. I'll have to finish up later.

Wahaha, I just watched the first epi, one or two middle epis, and the last. xD
That's what I usually do if I don't feel like watching the whole thing. Currently I'm kinda interested in movies than dramas, maybe because they're just shorter than 16 one hour episodes. Not watching anything right now but am waiting for Gourmet (식객) in spring.

--------------------
HYO!!
Known as the Sadistic Feedbacker. The Wise Spanish Apprentice of *~vachi~*
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c212/Mas...-sensei-sig.png
Siggy & avvy made by me.

Visit My Manhwa/Manga Raws Thread!!

+Quote Post
MidgetinGlasses
post Mar 16 2008, 09:08 PM
Post #5

Citizen

Member No.: 54,237

I luff Korean dramas. 8D I really love the variety in the storylines, genres, and characters.

Historical dramas are almost always good, from Jumong to Dae Jang Geum...my family used to rent each video of the two dramas as soon as it was available and settle down for a marathon. x3
Also, I thought that Tae Wang Sa Shin Gi was a bit interesting, because of the added fantasy genre and the animated aspects. Also, Bae was awesome in it. =3

Coffee Prince was so cute. xDD!

I also really like H.I.T. (Homicidal Investigation Team)...it was different from the usual romantic comedies and provided a police theme. 8DDD

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st July 2016 - 10:16 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css