Reply to this topicStart new topic
D. Gray Man
Edamame
post Oct 3 2007, 01:16 PM
Post #16

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Group: Members
Member No.: 38,530

I gave up watching the D.Grey-Man anime after watching twelve rather painful episodes. Supposedly I am not missing a ton, seeing as the anime is packed full of "highly entertaining" plot fillers. (Hmm, will the plot fillers obtain the infamy of Naruto fillers?) From the episodes I did see, I was rather disappointed with the overall style of animation; the character designs just looked really shoddy to me. I really enjoy reading the manga series, so needless to say, I am not overly pleased to hear that the anime has been loaded with rather pointless fillers and poor character development. I apologize if it seems as though I am bashing the series, but I just think that it could have been so much better.

MasterKris: Allen's design in the anime bugged me to no end. The manga started out with such an unique style of artwork, that has clearly changed and evolved over the chapters/volumes. I really wish that the animators could have captured the manga-ka's unique style in the anime.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Hanae Mai
post Oct 13 2007, 07:34 AM
Post #17

Citizen

Member No.: 47,623

I totally agree with Eda-chan. The artstyle in the manga is far better than the anime. Not just Allen, but other chars as well, especially Kanda and Lenalee. Their faces are rounder, their hair is nicer and their eyes are way more lively. The anime disappoints me, really. I watch it just for the action scenes.

And...you know...manga!Allen is way cuter!! He looks like Ed

--------------------

+Quote Post
Dickens
post Mar 25 2009, 04:50 AM
Post #18

Apprentice

Member No.: 66,806

I've started watching the anime, I'm about 30 episodes in, and if theres a filler episode- you can tell about 2 minutes in lol- then i skip it. I love the plot, and the characters, but after reading that the manga was better I'm going to check it out.

My favourite character is Lavi tho smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Nzm
post Jul 19 2009, 07:57 AM
Post #19

Citizen

Member No.: 70,107

I've heard some good about that. Nice steampunkish atmosphere (one of those thing I like also about FMA). Seems interesting

+Quote Post
Red Shrimp
post Jul 20 2009, 09:57 PM
Post #20

Citizen

Member No.: 70,065

Watched the anime till the end, and even re-watched it for a couple of times or more.

Kind of disappointing that they had to end the part right after they killed Level 4. But I'm glad that they followed the plot in the manga.

--------------------
I'm not small! I just live in a big world goddammit!

+Quote Post
Akira Mikk
post Nov 17 2009, 11:19 PM
Post #21

Citizen

Member No.: 71,921

I haven't seen all of the anime yet (only at episode 97) but so far it has been a HUGE dissapointment the manga was so good I acctully spent money to buy it however the anime dosen't do it much justice, and If you have ever seen the dubbed version that is even worse! They made the person who plays the Millenium Earl a Texian and no offence to anyone but his voice should have been more playful with a hint of pure evil not make him sound like a buisness man! (Again I mean no offence to anyone nor do I mean to sterotype) But anyway it is really good to read. My favourite charaters would have to be Allen, Miranda, Tyki and Road.

--------------------
Life is too important to be taken seriously

+Quote Post
Aribelle
post Nov 17 2009, 11:26 PM
Post #22

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 68,646

Ooh, I loathe the DGM dub. They did a HORRIBLE job casting it...and they completely miscast Kanda. COMPLETELY. I mean...HOW did they think that was a good idea? HOW?! DX

I don't mind the anime...there are parts that I thought were good, but I agree, the manga is better.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Akira Mikk
post Nov 17 2009, 11:32 PM
Post #23

Citizen

Member No.: 71,921

QUOTE (Aribelle @ Nov 18 2009, 05:26 PM) *
Ooh, I loathe the DGM dub. They did a HORRIBLE job casting it...and they completely miscast Kanda. COMPLETELY. I mean...HOW did they think that was a good idea? HOW?! DX

I don't mind the anime...there are parts that I thought were good, but I agree, the manga is better.

The Amusing thing is that Kanda in the dub is played by the same person who does Roy Mustang, when I first heard his voice I had laugh it was soo funny.

--------------------
Life is too important to be taken seriously

+Quote Post
I.Love.Ed
post Jun 20 2010, 12:01 PM
Post #24

Citizen

Member No.: 70,874

I love the songs from D Gray Man!!!

--------------------

FuLLMeTAL AlChemiST
4-EVER!!!! <3 <3 <3

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th August 2016 - 04:53 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css