HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
High School Musical, like it? love it? hate it to death??
High School Musical
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 46
Guests cannot vote 
Guest_Tris the Reaper_*
post Sep 1 2007, 05:12 PM
Post #16

Guests

QUOTE(Fushigi Rockna @ Sep 1 2007, 01:12 AM) *
Ohhh, Disney isn't done for yet >3> I'm waiting on the new princess movie. I believe it's the Frog Princess? the first black princess they've ever had. *excited*
Also, they had plans to do a Rapunzul movie in 3D, but there's been no more word on it. I wonder if it got scrapped...

Frog Princess...supposed to be their first 2D movie in quite some time. I'm excited for that <3

And, I agree with the movie/song bit. I don't like Inuyasha or Bleach, but adore the music. I downright despise Naruto, but love Haruka Kanata.

Just because you don't like the show itself doesn't mean you can't enjoy the songs.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ed_drink_your_mi...
post Sep 1 2007, 07:01 PM
Post #17

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Group: Members
Member No.: 39,252

I guess this shouldn't really come as a surprise, but it seems like the major demographic for High School Musical consists of 7-year-old girls. It just seems a bit strange to me that girls that young would be obsessed with a high school love story. Not to mention, they'll now all expect to look and act like that when they get to high school. But, you know, whatever floats their boat...

Personally, I can tolerate the movies in 10 minute segments, but I find it almost painful to watch all that cheesy melodramatic acting. I find them shallow and idealistic, two characteristics that really bother me. I can see how some people would like them, but I'm not one of those people.

--------------------
Apprentice and fellow Button Klutz to Seventh_sky *grubbly fist* [stolen]

^<3 Zarp^

+Quote Post
~Kurenai~
post Sep 1 2007, 07:05 PM
Post #18

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 36,779

ed_drink_your_milk
actually, many of the fans are way older than that.
but I agree with the rest of what you said.

O.K fine. I still hate the songs AND the movie...s

I think the only part I liked was when all the boys were playing basketball and started to sing. Yah, that's the only song I like. And then the part where they started singing in the kitchen was fun. I thought the scene where that Zack? asked Gabriella? to dance and the sprinklers went off and they were just flailing around..was cute.

and for all you HSM haters, what part drove you the most crazy?

+Quote Post
Kal Rommel
post Sep 1 2007, 07:36 PM
Post #19

Alchemists

Member No.: 38,057

-waves hand around- I'm a fan older than that!

Well...yes, HSM is stupid.
But don't knock it 'til you try it.

I hated and despised the thought of watching the first HSM. But after the 20th showing on Disney I finally tuned in.
The 'Getch'a Head in the Game' song is great, because I play/manage basketball at my school, and we used to dance to that song in the gym before games to the speculating glances of the cheerleaders (Not that I have anything against cheerleaders. They just tend to be on the evil side of life.)

Troy (Zac) is such a corny character...he's shallow, and dorky. I like the 'Breakin' Free ' song. Love that one.

I don't care much for the rest of the movie. Vanessa Hudgens is very pretty, in my opinion, and I like her acting. Her offside album wasn't too bad, either.
Until I saw the music video, and Effron was in it...then it was spoiled.

And of the snippets of HSM2...I refuse to watch. The Summer song is annoying, I have "WHAT TIME IS IT?!?!" ringing through my head for hours...

So, overall...the songs are so-so, the acting is ridiculously bad...

@Kurenai, the black guy, Corbin Bleu...he plays in a jump rope movie....so corny.
(Sorry about that off-topic last remark)

-This reply is so hypocritical, that it should quickly be disregarded and ignored-

--------------------

^Siggy made by me

+Quote Post
~Kurenai~
post Sep 1 2007, 07:55 PM
Post #20

State Alchemist (Major)

QUOTE(Kal Rommel @ Sep 1 2007, 07:36 PM) *
-waves hand around- I'm a fan older than that!

Well...yes, HSM is stupid.
But don't knock it 'til you try it.

I hated and despised the thought of watching the first HSM. But after the 20th showing on Disney I finally tuned in.
The 'Getch'a Head in the Game' song is great, because I play/manage basketball at my school, and we used to dance to that song in the gym before games to the speculating glances of the cheerleaders (Not that I have anything against cheerleaders. They just tend to be on the evil side of life.)

Troy (Zac) is such a corny character...he's shallow, and dorky. I like the 'Breakin' Free ' song. Love that one.

I don't care much for the rest of the movie. Vanessa Hudgens is very pretty, in my opinion, and I like her acting. Her offside album wasn't too bad, either.
Until I saw the music video, and Effron was in it...then it was spoiled.

And of the snippets of HSM2...I refuse to watch. The Summer song is annoying, I have "WHAT TIME IS IT?!?!" ringing through my head for hours...

So, overall...the songs are so-so, the acting is ridiculously bad...

@Kurenai, the black guy, Corbin Bleu...he plays in a jump rope movie....so corny.
(Sorry about that off-topic last remark)

-This reply is so hypocritical, that it should quickly be disregarded and ignored-

Yeah, I taped the Jump In movie on DVD...pfft I thought that one was much better than HSM...I think I even cried watching it...or maybe not, it was so long ago that I watched it...

I KNOW ME TOO! After the stupid movie the "What time is it" song was ringing through my head too! When they started singing it...I was like "aww hellz no!!" head-wall-forehead-palm. That was the most traumatizing part of the movie for me.

yeah, I occasionally dance to the Getch'a head in the game song.

I hate HSM movie so much...my friends tell me I frown whenever a HSM advertisement is near by...and then just to piss me off they go, "HEY LOOK-IT IT'S YOUR FAVORITEST MOVIE!!" and then I stupidly fall for it and look and quickly do an about-turn. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Fushi
post Sep 1 2007, 07:56 PM
Post #21

Lt. General

Member No.: 37,703

QUOTE(Tris the Reaper @ Sep 1 2007, 06:12 PM) *
Frog Princess...supposed to be their first 2D movie in quite some time. I'm excited for that <3

Me too <3

QUOTE(ed_drink_your_milk @ Sep 1 2007, 08:01 PM) *
I guess this shouldn't really come as a surprise, but it seems like the major demographic for High School Musical consists of 7-year-old girls. It just seems a bit strange to me that girls that young would be obsessed with a high school love story. Not to mention, they'll now all expect to look and act like that when they get to high school. But, you know, whatever floats their boat...

This is nothing new. They did this when I was growing up. The majority of kids grew up with shows promoting high school so ideally.

This is why I hate high school shows so much. Because they are the most unrealistic things I have ever seen. The only realistic and actually decent one out there is DeGrassi. That show was dealing with teen issues like teen pregnancy and drugs when no other shows were willing to touch such issues and they continue to do with the Next generation series. Plus....they don't use actors that are too old to be teenagers.

--------------------
My icon comm

"I can't stand RoyxHughes (he's married and has a daughter!)"
Popo: "Brace for Fushi! *cowers*"

Huge Maes Hughes fan. In fact I'm even the Maes Hughes of livejournal. Really. Look for me under "M"

+Quote Post
~Kurenai~
post Sep 1 2007, 08:00 PM
Post #22

State Alchemist (Major)

QUOTE(Fushigi Rockna @ Sep 1 2007, 07:56 PM) *
This is why I hate high school shows so much. Because they are the most unrealistic things I have ever seen. The only realistic and actually decent one out there is DeGrassi. That show was dealing with teen issues like teen pregnancy and drugs when no other shows were willing to touch such issues and they continue to do with the Next generation series. Plus....they don't use actors that are too old to be teenagers.

yes I totally agree with you. Although I only watched DeGrassi once, it made me cry.

+Quote Post
Little Washu
post Sep 7 2007, 04:36 PM
Post #23

Lt. General

Member No.: 31,492

HSM is okay. I have a little brother who likes them so I got used to it and we watched HSM 2 together. Let me say this, the 2nd is so much better than the 1st in my opinion. The main reason, is because of the little segment of the Gabriella hating Troy moment. I don't like try. He has weird eyebrows, and I personally think he's ugly. But then again, look at my taste in guys. The main reason I watch the HSM movies is to see Ryan(Sharpay's brother who got no attention in HSM 1).

--------------------

d a| Y a k u s o k u |t u m b l r

+Quote Post
Naivete
post Sep 7 2007, 11:19 PM
Post #24

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 43,484

I don't intend on seeing this.
Number one: High school dramas are usually stereotypical, really bugs me but I end up enjoying myself because I keep laughing at the of the event/s shown in the movie/s that would almost never occur IRL.
Number two: Not a fan of musicals. I fall asleep through them. XD

I'm not quite sure how this movie appealed to the majority of my school. Maybe it's just me? huh.gif

--------------------

Destitute shrine maidens need no donation boxes.

Romantically Apocalyptic
It summons cancer.

+Quote Post
xxlittlebirdyxx
post Sep 12 2007, 05:29 AM
Post #25

Citizen

Member No.: 46,997

I loathe it. My friends at school started SINGING the songs in maths.

That's when I started talking about anime, Animania and so on. They shut up.

I didn't. ROFL.

+Quote Post
Razzy
post Sep 12 2007, 06:17 PM
Post #26

Special Ops (4-D Super Curator)

Group: Gallery Moderators
Member No.: 39,817

I honestly thought it was a good movie. Not that it was realistic in the least bit, but it had a good message and the songs are quite catchy. :]

--------------------

C'mon, grab your friends. We'll go to very distant lands.
my deviantART

+Quote Post
Little Washu
post Sep 12 2007, 06:21 PM
Post #27

Lt. General

Yes they are! Ryan is the best!!! I like the 2nd one better.

--------------------

+Quote Post
That One Dude
post Sep 12 2007, 06:35 PM
Post #28

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 46,559

QUOTE(Toby-Chan @ Sep 1 2007, 04:47 PM) *
Toby's inner thoughts on HSM

-Gabriella. I'd hit that.
-Chad and Ryan should hook up.
-Did I just think what I thought I just thought? About Disney characters?
-*Washes brain*

*hearts for eyes*
Where've you been my entire life?

*aherm!*

Weeeeeell, HSM was just your averege teen drama movie, with the addition of various songs. I liked only a cuple, but still, it didn't make me like the movie.

And yet still dear mother thinks it's one of my faves. ;_; So oblivious.

--------------------
You aren't scared, are you?

+Quote Post
Little Washu
post Sep 12 2007, 06:37 PM
Post #29

Lt. General

Gabriella should be with Ryan! He was so much nicer to her than Troy was! RyanXGabriella = <3

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rain_Alchemist
post Sep 14 2007, 06:24 PM
Post #30

Citizen

Member No.: 49,921

Not into it at all.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th June 2016 - 10:39 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css