Rating 5 V
Mustang's Ap...
post Apr 25 2005, 12:48 PM
Post #61

Apprentice

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,032

Very interesting.

This answers some of my questions about alchemy.

Good job on this.

Oh, and about Flamel.

I've done some research and he lived in Paris, I believe.It is said he purchased a book which contained some pictures that confused him and after years of researching deciphered them and then it says he found the Philosopher's Stone.

And people believed he lived up to age 660.

--------------------
Forum Family
Sisters:~.:Anime_Gal:.~,Jen Elric,~FMAgurl~,zarpia
Little Sister:Phyco girl,chocolate_eds_everywhere
Pet Guinea Pig:Fullmetal Fangirl

Want to join my forum family?PM me.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kaze_Alchemist
post May 4 2005, 04:45 PM
Post #62

Citizen

Member No.: 13,179

But is it realli possible i mean i sooo want 2 noe if its realli possible nd have pictures of it!! cuz if it is true..mahn hells wit fighting go wit alchemy fight nd kik dere asses wit alchemy hahah

+Quote Post
Hagane No Renkin...
post May 5 2005, 07:43 PM
Post #63

Citizen

Member No.: 11,962

Thanks for the info on this thred this is so iteresting! smile.gif

--------------------
IPB Image

sister to Legolas of Mirkwood
sister to Haldir of Lorien
sister to ~.:Anime_Gal:.~
sister to Chibi Riena
Step into the world of darkness (vampire game) -> http://www.monstersgame.co.uk/?ac=vid&vid=11031605
Chronicles in Magic - A Harry Potter role play

+Quote Post
The Cobalt Alche...
post Aug 26 2005, 11:05 AM
Post #64

Citizen

Member No.: 20,779

QUOTE(Philosopher's Stone @ Apr 6 2005, 06:32 PM)
I found this essay online about alchemy and the concept of the Philosopher's Stone.  It seems to fit in quite well with the spirit of FMA.

http://www.quackgrass.com/stone.html
[snapback]148045[/snapback]

perhaps the philosopher's stone in the link above that is 'everywhere' and in abundance but no-one recognizes it.....perhaps the stone is human ambition? because human ambition can do all those things and more if you beleive in them enough and are willing to work hard enough... huh.gif

--------------------
In a world with no remorse or sympathy, one must look upon all things indifferently. Never let your feelings overcome you! Feelings are for people who can't rely on themselves. But then sometimes feelings are all we have, so then we must rely on them..... WAIT!! This whole SENTENCE is a PARADOX!! Can it END?

+Quote Post
sumz
post Aug 29 2005, 07:17 PM
Post #65

Citizen

Member No.: 21,388

the ouroburos its a mark on all houmlacu (sp?) when they take their final shape its just that thats park of being humlaculi. it just is! as for there being only 7 [spoiler] that only means there have been 7 made in the last 400 years because that is the time frame in which dante and eds father have been around since useing the stone any b4 this time could have been made then destroyed but your have to take in to account that human transmutation is forbidden so not many alchemists are going to attempt this because most will not do this so plainly like whats his name in some of the earlyer episodes that tried to bring back the woman in the village that want dead and yea so that would just vreate a ghoast or pupet[/spoiler]
and as for anything i left out and your would like an awnser to ill try and get one if you would like to hear more of my ramblings

+Quote Post
Silent Whisper
post Apr 19 2006, 07:56 PM
Post #66

Citizen

Member No.: 34,787

QUOTE(Japanda @ Sep 28 2004, 01:03 PM) [snapback]19223[/snapback]

I dunno, I'm just throwing out ideas here.
Since Ed's world knows about "old" religion...I'm guessing that the religions that must have passed through the gate through other people....

Say if it were our religions that we have today in this world...

Maybe it kinda goes something like this:

Ed's world |<--gate{Purgatory}gate-->| Our world

In most religions that believe in Heaven and Hell, purgatory is that place in between. Maybe the shadowed figures behind the gate are souls in purgatorty. They desperately try to grab peices of people so they can live again, which would be heaven for them, rather than losing their souls forever because of alchemy, hence eternal death: hell.

But it seems wierd if you really think about it...is our world then supposedly made because it has to be used by the other world? We don't have alchemy so what do we get when the gate swings our way?

Wait....reading my theory doesn't make sense now. The only ones that can pass through the gate are homunculus right? And there's only seven of them? Hmm...eh.....

Hey well i agree with you complelty every word and detail. I have been thinking about that for the longest time but i did not want to say anything untill i have truly belived what it was i was thinking about, but you are right it is confusing!!!!!

--------------------

THE NIGHT WILL FALL AND SO WILL YOU
THE MOON RETURNS THE LIFE RENEW.

+Quote Post
His Name is Unkn...
post Oct 6 2006, 07:38 PM
Post #67

Apprentice

Member No.: 40,795

This is a bit unrelated to the last post...but I just came up with a theory on how Wrath can use alchemy - seeing as though he lacks a soul and thus cannot access the gate.

My idea draws on philosophy of mind-soul-body that is explained more clearly in the manga, but which I believe is also mentioned at least once in the series.

The soul is linked to both mind and body, and holds the two together. Wrath has Ed's arm and leg. They aren't grafted on, but actually a part of his body. While it has been stated in the anime that homunculi have similar bodies to that of humans, there are obviously some structural differences, as Wrath is able to transmute himself without "involuntary systems getting in the way" (Izumi mentions this as the reason why humans can't transmute themselves with inanimate objects with success).

Anyway, he has part of Ed's body which is connected to his mind through the soul. I think that Wrath having those limbs somehow allows him to tap into the gate and use the powers of alchemy. The series revealed in later episodes that Wrath has a previous knowledge of the gate which none of the other homunculi seem to have and also has nightmares about it. I believe this small detail supports my theory.

So, what do you think?

+Quote Post
Munich!FMA
post Oct 7 2006, 07:24 PM
Post #68

Citizen

Member No.: 41,691

QUOTE(Shiroi @ Oct 1 2004, 07:11 PM) [snapback]20921[/snapback]

Thought #3: Laws of concervation in real chemistry state that energy or matter is neither created, nor destroyed... So how is energy for alchemy specifically created by death? And if energy is used in alchemy, where does that energy go after the transmutation?

I know it's been over two years since this was posted, but reading your theories, something dawned on me. I can't explain the energy-created-specifically-by-death thing, but I can propose one idea: if death in our world is needed to begin a transmutation, then is it possible that, after the transmutation is over, that energy is converted into a birth? Then, the energy is part of the person's life until they die, before it becomes energy for a transmutation again and is circulated into a new birth. That would continue the cycle of redirecting energy. It sort of makes sense.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kitty Chow
post Dec 18 2006, 11:30 AM
Post #69

Apprentice

Member No.: 42,844

whoa, great theory ^^

I also think most of it is true, u did a great job biggrin.gif

--------------------
{{~Kitty-Chan~}}
I LOVE FULLMETAL ALCHEMIST!!!! GO EDWARD ELRIC!! ^^

+Quote Post
Amol
post Dec 19 2006, 12:05 AM
Post #70

Major General

Member No.: 39,340

What do people think Transmutation means.

I think they all are confusing it with FMA... dry.gif

+Quote Post
Popogeejo
post Dec 19 2006, 12:17 AM
Post #71

Master Alchemist

Member No.: 31,420

What do people think Transmutation means.
QUOTE(Transmutation)
1. the act or process of transmuting.
2. the fact or state of being transmuted.
3. change into another nature, substance, form, or condition.
4. Biology. the transformation of one species into another. Compare transformism.
5. Physics. any process in which a nuclide is transformed into a different nuclide, usually one of a different element.
6. Alchemy. the supposed conversion of base metals into metals of greater value, esp. into gold or silver.

transmutation. Dictionary.com. Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.0.1). Random House, Inc. http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/transmutation (accessed: December 18, 2006).

I think they all are confusing it with FMA...

Whom are you referring to?

--------------------

>Click the picture for me gushing over over Summer Wars shenanigans!<
The various works of FKMT are something you should read

+Quote Post
Amol
post Dec 19 2006, 12:22 AM
Post #72

Major General

I know what Transmutation means, but i just think people are confusing it with the same as in FMA.

referring to post #67 and #68 and many others.

+Quote Post
Popogeejo
post Dec 19 2006, 12:27 AM
Post #73

Master Alchemist

Member No.: 31,420

I know what Transmutation means, but i just think people are confusing it with the same as in FMA.

You mean people confuse the actual meaning and the FMA meaning? Gottcha.

--------------------

>Click the picture for me gushing over over Summer Wars shenanigans!<
The various works of FKMT are something you should read

+Quote Post
Amol
post Dec 19 2006, 04:52 AM
Post #74

Major General

@popo you got that right.... smile.gif

+Quote Post
GREEDisGOOD
post Jan 13 2007, 08:00 PM
Post #75

Alchemists

Member No.: 43,729

Throughout the show all the laws of alchemy, particulary Equivalent Exchange, are portraded as perfect and flawless. But, as the last episode shows to an extent, that is not true. There are flaws. Some people may wonder about this, but to me, it's easy to explain. The laws were explained and thought up by humans, and humans are imperfect, therefore the laws must be imperfect.

In any case, the alchemy in FMA is perhaps the fantasy of the real world. This is what people way back in history were looking for, but it was impossible to do. The alchemy in our own world was really nothing more than man's first attempt at modern chemistry.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th June 2016 - 07:59 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css