HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

21 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
FMA Manga Question Thread!, Post your questions for FMA manga here!! (Spoiler Alert!)
Automne
post Aug 12 2007, 12:21 PM
Post #76

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,171

There are already threads to compare the manga and the anime. Take it to there.

Wouldn't creating an 'Unanswered Questions' thread for the manga section too would be good, so it would be needless to make a new thread every time?

--------------------

mspaint_lolz on livejournal

'Buffy and Angel had gone out before and Buffy wasn't really comfortable talking to Spike and Angel at the same time, because now Spike and Buffy had been going out for 6 months and Buffy was afraid that Angel might tell Spike that him and Buffy went out, but it turns out that Angel had told Spike that they went out, Spike was heartbroken that Buffy never told him that they went out, so Spike broke up with Buffy to get back at her for not telling him that Angel and Buffy went out.'

-NOT MINE

TEH BESTEST (AND MOST FRENCH) ROMANCE EVAR
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Shinwa
post Aug 12 2007, 01:06 PM
Post #77

Citizen

Member No.: 47,801

(Hey guys~ If I have questions concerning the manga, do I ask them here?)

From chapter sixty-something, I all confused, cuz I don't know what's happening..( well, I forgot):

1- Why does Ed have to go to General Armstrong's place? What is he searching for?

2- Why does Kimbley reappears? What's his goal/mission? Why does he have to catch scar?

3- What is Xia Mei doing with everybody?

Summary: WHAT'S HAPPENING??!!!

P-S: yes, i know i can reread all these chapters, but my internet speed is too slow (it takes ~ 1minute to load one page since last week // I can't download them (the chapters) cuz we only have 2gb per month ===> I don't want to go over the limit~ ;_;

--------------------

+Quote Post
AA battery
post Aug 12 2007, 01:40 PM
Post #78

Brigadier General

Member No.: 7,450

QUOTE(Shinwa @ Aug 12 2007, 01:06 PM) *

What if I said no? =P

1- Why does Ed have to go to General Armstrong's place? What is he searching for?

They are searching for Mei (the little girl from Xing) to ask her about Xing's alchemy (aka rentanjutsu)
2- Why does Kimbley reappears? What's his goal/mission? Why does he have to catch scar?

cuz Envy gave Kimbley a new "mission" (which is not explained in detail yet, but it has something to do with "craving a blood seal" at the North with Ed)... and he wants to *kill* Scar because he failed to do so in their first encounter (and the homunculus want to get rid of Scar as well)... remember that Kimbley works for the Homunculus (sorta)
3- What is Xiao Mei doing with everybody?

Mei didn't really intend to hang out with everybody at the first place, because she went to the North to check out Scar's brother's alchemy notes (and they met up with the Elrics' by coincidence)

Summary: WHAT'S HAPPENING??!!!

We will be able to answer this properly after FMA finishes.

P-S: yes, i know i can reread all these chapters, but my internet speed is too slow (it takes ~ 1minute to load one page since last week // I can't download them (the chapters) cuz we only have 2gb per month ===> I don't want to go over the limit~ ;_;

Uh, you know, reading them online = downloading already, since your computer would have to DOWNLOAD them onto your computer before they appear on your screen.... so might as well save them properly since you have already "downloaded" them.

--------------------
*June 11, 2013 - New Doujinshis Added*
Hi, I got a bunch of FMA merchandises (keychains, pencil boards, cards, figurines, book in figure red...etc) for sale at my LJ. Please visit my sale post here if interested! Thanks ^_^

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Aug 12 2007, 02:06 PM
Post #79

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

QUOTE(Shinwa @ Aug 12 2007, 04:06 PM) *

Yes, we have been getting requests for the FMA manga Q&A thread for some time, and yeah I agree that it's time for us to have one.
Sooo... I'm turning this into FMA manga Q&A thread, if everyone is ok with it. ^^

Thanks in advance, to guys and ladies who are the FMA manga experts on our board for your kind efforts to help us out with the answers!! happy.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Shinwa
post Aug 12 2007, 04:34 PM
Post #80

Citizen

Member No.: 47,801

QUOTE(AA battery @ Aug 12 2007, 01:40 PM) *
Uh, you know, reading them online = downloading already, since your computer would have to DOWNLOAD them onto your computer before they appear on your screen.... so might as well save them properly since you have already "downloaded" them.

(dry.gif Lol~ When you load a page, you do not download it~ The computer only loads the page.. (Ex: When you go on Youtube, you load videos, but you can't really save them on your computer, right?) Cuz when you want to download something, you have to: right-click and click on ''save as'' or click directly on a link ^^ (then there's a bar where you can see the progress, etc.) ..Anyways, let's talk 'bout other things..biggrin.gif) ( smile.gif Sorry if I've said something that offenses you ><)

Anyways, thx for having answered my questions smile.gif

EDIT(14th August xD): *smacks head* You guys are right~ biggrin.gif I can't believe I've said such random thing~ tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Naivete
post Aug 12 2007, 08:44 PM
Post #81

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 43,484

^Wrong. It's still downloading because you need to use MBs/KBs/whatevers to "load" (as you've stated) the page. So basically, it's more worthwhile to save the stuff on your PC.
Hope you understand. smile.gif Gosh, I'm starting to confuse myself wacko.gif.

*backs out*

--------------------

Destitute shrine maidens need no donation boxes.

Romantically Apocalyptic
It summons cancer.

+Quote Post
ehxhfdl14
post Aug 12 2007, 09:26 PM
Post #82

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 45,709

*cough* Okay...so let's go on-topic again, shall we? So if anyone else has a question, feel free to post...

EDIT: I think AA battery's post↓ just fried my brain. Throw me magnetohydrodynamics to work with, but electronics and how they work? No. Just...no.

--------------------
We have met the enemy, and he is us.
-Walt Kelly, Pogo

+Quote Post
AA battery
post Aug 12 2007, 11:54 PM
Post #83

Brigadier General

Member No.: 7,450

QUOTE(baKa-neKoh @ Aug 12 2007, 08:44 PM) *
^Wrong. It's still downloading because you need to use MBs/KBs/whatevers to "load" (as you've stated) the page. So basically, it's more worthwhile to save the stuff on your PC.
Hope you understand. smile.gif Gosh, I'm starting to confuse myself wacko.gif.

Right. That's the concept.

QUOTE(Shinwa @ Aug 12 2007, 04:34 PM) *
(dry.gif Lol~ When you load a page, you do not download it~ The computer only loads the page.. (Ex: When you go on Youtube, you load videos, but you can't really save them on your computer, right?) Cuz when you want to download something, you have to: right-click and click on ''save as'' or click directly on a link ^^ (then there's a bar where you can see the progress, etc.) ..Anyways, let's talk 'bout other things..biggrin.gif) ( smile.gif Sorry if I've said something that offenses you ><)

Anyways, thx for having answered my questions smile.gif

The computer loads the image and downloads them into temp folders in your computer. If you have an older version of Windows (ie, win ME), you may find incomplete download files (ie, the download died half way) in your C drive some where. Doing the save as process for IMAGES does NOT take up extra bandwidth (unless your temp folder's size is tiny, or that the image itself is gigantic like... 3MB?) because as you are loading the page with Firefox/Internet Explorer and such, your computer has already downloaded the image into the temp folders. By saving the image, the computer simply moves the image file from the temp folder in your computer into the designated folder that you want to save into. This process does NOT take up extra bandwidth.

If you read the chapter 5 times this month... assume that the chapter is 10MB, then you have used 50MB bandwidth (+ bandwidth for the background images and site images...etc)

and the same goes for saving text.

Well of course, if you are downloading a zip file, then yeah that's separate bandwidth used... but downloading the zip file does indeed take LESS bandwidth than reading online (unless the websites you are reading from resized the images to make them smaller), because when you go to websites, it's loading the website's background, text, images...etc + the chapter itself.

If you visit a lot of websites containing a lot of images, and if you go to youtube a lot, then you would've used up a LOT of bandwidth (each youtube file uses about 5-30MB bandwidth).

And it IS possible to download YouTube files with something such as the firefox videodownloader plugin. However, this one is different and it does take up extra bandwidth (I don't want to go into details about how videodownloader plugin works), so I don't suggest you use this. I do use it though because I like to rewatch files and I don't like to redownload them and before youtube deletes them XD.

I also suggest turn off the signature viewing option when you are hanging out in forums, because people's signature can take up a lot of bandwidth too.

Well, at least that's what I figured out through using comp for years... please feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

----

Uh >.> Someone please ask a question... sorry about being anal about the image saving and bandwidth usage issue.

--------------------
*June 11, 2013 - New Doujinshis Added*
Hi, I got a bunch of FMA merchandises (keychains, pencil boards, cards, figurines, book in figure red...etc) for sale at my LJ. Please visit my sale post here if interested! Thanks ^_^

+Quote Post
Nevyn
post Aug 16 2007, 12:36 AM
Post #84

Citizen

Member No.: 42,482

QUOTE(nick fury @ Aug 12 2007, 07:19 AM) *
I like the manga better in all ways accept for what the philosophers stone has become. Well maybe I should change that, I don't like how the humonculi are made in the manga. It makes no sense, I am hoping the explanation will be good but if there are thousands of souls in a stone how does one humonculi personality come out of it? I think the anime explanation of humonculi are much better. Neither are too close to a real world meaning of it , but the anime's is closer.

From the looks of chapter 74, it looks like we might get answers rather soon on the issue of homunculi. Apparently, homunculi are created by some unknown process involving a beaker and human blood. Or, at least, one that looks rather Prideish was.

+Quote Post
teeniv
post Sep 8 2007, 10:15 PM
Post #85

Citizen

Member No.: 48,877

i have a few more questions...

I totally didn't understand the part when al and ed try and bring back they're mom..al says he looked through that thing's eyes?? blink.gif How;s that possible. Can someono please explain that incident to me.

And when they realize that what they brought back wasn't theyre mom why do they feel so relieved? Cause they did kill the "whatever it is" they brought back..

Thanks in advance. smile.gif

+Quote Post
TheRainbowConnec...
post Sep 9 2007, 04:41 PM
Post #86

Apprentice

Member No.: 45,133

@teeniv

I totally didn't understand the part when al and ed try and bring back they're mom..al says he looked through that thing's eyes?? blink.gif How;s that possible. Can someono please explain that incident to me.

Ed figured out that the human transmutation didn't fail. However, it didn't exactly do what they wanted it to do. What Ed and Al wanted was to: 1) create a human body, and 2) pull out their mother's soul and put it into that body. What actually happened was that they created a human body and put Al's soul in it, instead.

As Ed explained, their mother was dead, and her soul no longer existed (also here). They couldn't put a non-existent thing into the body, so the reaction naturally found a closer target--Al's soul. His soul was then transmuted into the created body. This allowed the body to exist as some sort of "human" for a few seconds immediately after the reaction. During this time, Al saw Ed as if he were looking through the thing's eyes because his soul was inhabiting that thing. However, rejection happened, and Al's soul, lacking a container, was sent to the Gate to join his body (that was transmuted as an ingredient in the reaction). Ed then managed to take Al's soul out of the Gate (because Al had not died) and embed it into the suit of armor. Amazingly, rejection has not (yet) happened.

And when they realize that what they brought back wasn't theyre mom why do they feel so relieved? Cause they did kill the "whatever it is" they brought back..

Well, yes. They did kill it, and Ed feels remorse for letting it die. However, imagine how terrible they would feel if they had let their mother die. It's more relief by comparison.

EDIT: Added some links.

+Quote Post
Amaya Hawkeye
post Sep 17 2007, 10:03 AM
Post #87

Apprentice

Member No.: 34,446

How do you pronounce Xerxes, and Xing? Since they're kind of based more off of chinese ways, are the X's pronounced like "Sh" or something, I've heard it either way, and I'd just like to know so I don't sound like an idiot when I talk to my friends

+Quote Post
Edamame
post Sep 17 2007, 11:17 AM
Post #88

Member No.: 38,530

I believe that "X" in Xerxes would be pronounced as a "Z". (That is just me though.) I also pronounce the "X" in "Xing" as "Sh".

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sensenic
post Sep 17 2007, 01:15 PM
Post #89

Member No.: 11,694

QUOTE(Edamame @ Sep 17 2007, 08:17 PM) *
I believe that "X" in Xerxes would be pronounced as a "Z". (That is just me though.) I also pronounce the "X" in "Xing" as "Sh".

In the Japanese manga it is written how they're pronnounced:
As you said the 'X' in "Xing" sounds like 'sh' - "Shing"

But for Xerxes both X's sound 'ks' as in... well as in 'X' or "exodus" - "Kserkses"

Sounds fugly, I would have preferred "Shershes" myself, but that's how it is. happy.gifU

--------------------
貧乳神・・・

+Quote Post
TheRainbowConnec...
post Sep 17 2007, 01:30 PM
Post #90

Apprentice

Member No.: 45,133

Xerxes.

A great Persian king, btw. Those of you who know anything about Greek history (or have watched "300") should at least remember the name.

+Quote Post

21 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th August 2016 - 11:37 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css