HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

21 Pages V  « < 19 20 21  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
FMA Manga Question Thread!, Post your questions for FMA manga here!! (Spoiler Alert!)
A2D the Colourbl...
post Jul 2 2011, 08:07 AM
Post #301

Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 75,274

QUOTE (israel8491 @ Mar 27 2011, 07:21 AM) *
Not sure if this thread is still alive, but who knows?
So in volume 22 (note sure which chapter) Lion King figures out Pride is using morse code to communicate the location to Father. Then Kimblee shows up and things get exciting.
So what exactly was Pride tapping out? The english version has 'taks' and 'tonngs'; I'm assuming 'tak' is dot and 'tonng' is dash. I tried to translate it but I get nonsense. Of course, I don't know morse code and I was using the wiki page, so maybe that's why.
The message is .--. -. .- .- -- .- .--- --- ...
This is of course assuming 'tak' is dot and 'tonng' is dash, so it might be the other way around.
Arakawa is usually good about researching little stuff, but I know that people were saying that Roy's checkmate with Grumman wasn't accurate, so maybe this is also the case?
Anyways, if someone could try to translate Pride's message, it would be greatly appreciated smile.gif

Well, I read the japanese version of chapter 90 and it uses 'kon' and 'koon', and occasionally 'kan', so I assumed the 'kon' was a dot and the 'koon' was the dash, and I got -.- .- -. - -- .- --- . So I thought it was Japanese morse code and got...nothing. So I tried english morse code and I got Kanama SOS, and Kanama is the slum place where Pride was trapped, so Lion King was right when he said he was telling someone where they were.

I found the code on this page

it's
コーン, コン, コーン -.- (K)
コン, コーン .- (A)
コーン, コン -. (N)
コン, コーン .- (A)
コーン コーン-- (M)
カンコーン .-(A)

カンコンコン ... (S)
コーンコーンコーン --- (O)
カンコンコン ... (S)

I really like how Arakawa learned English morse code just for that scene happy.gif

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Jul 2 2011, 09:51 AM
Post #302

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

^ Wow, nice research work! happy.gif I love finding out all these fine details about FMA manga!

Thank you for sharing that info, A2D the Colourblind Zebra! hug.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kaja117
post Aug 7 2011, 01:30 PM
Post #303

Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 83,383

I saw envy as being a parasite in his true form, while growing in size and strength through the absorbing of other souls. He keeps the human-esque form for a specific reason, noted in chapter 95.

And going back, when envy is talking with marcoh, and says he's "close," it's because he indeed was not correct. The point of using the circle was to create a large stone, but that was not the final goal. It was for Father to use that stone to generate enough energy to open the gateway of the Earth, and to absorb what they refer to as "god." The souls were merely a byproduct, and a means to control this new power

+Quote Post

21 Pages V  « < 19 20 21
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2016 - 06:19 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css