HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Maes Hughes Fans!, Discuss the knife-throwing family man here!
Amethyst Sunset
post Jul 28 2007, 07:01 PM
Post #1

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Group: Members
Member No.: 38,435

...I couldn't find a thread for Hughes. T________T But if there is one and I may have missed it, please merge this thread. Thanks. happy.gif

Anyhow, as the title suggests, here's a Hughes-centric thread! He may not be as famous or as fangirled as his best friend Roy Mustang, but hey, how can you resist the lieutenant colonel's shoving photos of Elysia into everyone's faces, constant phone-hogging (and Flame Alchemist-bugging), and/or his cool push knives?

Don't forget to warn people of spoilers!

*bows*

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
CodenameElizabet...
post Jul 28 2007, 07:12 PM
Post #2

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 41,714

Oh hell yeah, baby!
Thanks a bunch , Amethyst Sunset, for starting this. I'm a dedicated Hughes fangirl myself.

And for my first contribution to this thread, I'm going to share with you my friend Dave who is one of the best Hughes cosplayers EVAR.
(Those of you on the RoiAi thread HAVE SEEN THIS BEFORE since I posted the same one there a few weeks ago.)

Attached File  ConStateAlchemists.jpeg ( 100.76K ) Number of downloads: 41

So, yes.
Any other fans of our "Father of the Year" here on these forums?

--------------------

BONES SHIPS ROIAI. (We have Proof.)

+Quote Post
MIRANDAAA
post Jul 28 2007, 11:07 PM
Post #3

Citizen

Member No.: 47,411

That cosplay of Hughes is really good! O:

Hughes is so funny~ I think he gets a larger role in the anime, and I'm not complaining. He's always fun to pick on, always pulling out random pictures of his daughter at the most random times [; ...I laughed really hard on the flame vs hagane episode though when he uncovers this giant poster of his daughter and a teddy bear, LOL.

There's this other part where he like kisses this picture or something and Ed is like *falls over* but I can't find the screencap or an animated GIF anywhere :c

+Quote Post
That One Dude
post Jul 28 2007, 11:31 PM
Post #4

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 46,559

Hughes is the most loveable fma character... So sad he died... sad.gif T_T
^Using spoilers since some are fans of Hughes yet have not fully seen the entire series, can't be harsh. smile.gif

--------------------
You aren't scared, are you?

+Quote Post
Plasmajosh
post Jul 29 2007, 02:22 AM
Post #5

Citizen

Member No.: 48,498

Yeah he's a colourful character, at times goofy, but he got serious when the times called for it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Jul 29 2007, 05:28 AM
Post #6

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

@Amethyst Sunset - Yes!!! It's about time we get a thread for him!! biggrin.gif

@Liz - Hehe, I love that pic with over the top Hughes!! ^^

And, may I make a suggestion for the thread??

I suggest that if anyone would like to talk about "what happens in the episode toward the end of first season" then I suggest to post that on threads that are dedicated on that talk, and not going over discussions on that topic on this thread. Reason being...

1. To avoid spoiling anyone who are still following the progression of season 1 of FMA anime.

2. So that this thread wouldn't get run over by "that" talk.

3. And, "that" talk already have several threads in FMA Anime AA subforum so having that here would become duplicate discussions.

Other than that, hope to see many posts on this awesome guy!! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Winter Phantom
post Jul 29 2007, 05:54 AM
Post #7

Apprentice

Member No.: 45,591

>.< Sweet! The ideal thread for another awesome character! For some reason,I was thinking about Riza...

--------------------

I am sane. It's this world that's crazy.
Kariya Jin (Bleach)

Kariya Jin, Bleach

+Quote Post
Fushi
post Jul 29 2007, 08:46 AM
Post #8

Lt. General

Member No.: 37,703

I flippin' adore Maes. <3 He's just made of win, and I can't help squealing everytime he pulls out a picture of Elicia, or bothers Roy on the phone. X3

Now for my contribution to this thread...

Cosplay video tribute to Hughes. I found it on youtube last night when me and my friend wanted to watch this guy's other cosplay videos....again. XD;;;

(If that guy looks familiar to anyone in the least, it may be because he happens to be the best Kefka cosplayer ever. XD That was the cosplay we wanted to watch again)

--------------------
My icon comm

"I can't stand RoyxHughes (he's married and has a daughter!)"
Popo: "Brace for Fushi! *cowers*"

Huge Maes Hughes fan. In fact I'm even the Maes Hughes of livejournal. Really. Look for me under "M"

+Quote Post
Edamame
post Jul 29 2007, 08:59 AM
Post #9

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 38,530

Amethyst, I bow down to you for creating a thread dedicated to one of FMA's most loveable, loyal, and caring characters. I love Hughes' character not only for his rather colourful antics, but for his loyalty to all those that he cared about and his undying love for his family. I find him to be a really noble character; the friendship that he shares with Roy makes me feel warm and fuzzy.

CodenameElizabeth: Your friend's Hughes cosplay is great. He even has photographs in his hands ready to ambush people with!! tongue.gif (By the way, I love your icon.)

Fushigi:
Wow, that video was true fandom to say the least. (I really don't know what to think.) The guy did an incredible job with the cosplay though.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Fushi
post Jul 29 2007, 09:19 AM
Post #10

Lt. General

Member No.: 37,703

QUOTE(Edamame @ Jul 29 2007, 09:59 AM) *
Fushigi: Wow, that video was true fandom to say the least. (I really don't know what to think.) The guy did an incredible job with the cosplay though.

You should see the other videos he and his friends made at that con. XD

FMA randomness (Fushi most likes the part with Kimbley just coming in and pushing everyone down and Hughes and Roy 'fighting' near the end. XD)

Uhhhh...FMA dance party? XDDD

That guy's cosplays are usually always sweet. He'll always win at life for the Kefka one tho.

--------------------
My icon comm

"I can't stand RoyxHughes (he's married and has a daughter!)"
Popo: "Brace for Fushi! *cowers*"

Huge Maes Hughes fan. In fact I'm even the Maes Hughes of livejournal. Really. Look for me under "M"

+Quote Post
Reta McClain
post Jul 29 2007, 09:52 AM
Post #11

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 40,803

Oh god, those videos are made of win xDDDD (I love Hughes and Roy's fight xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD)

And I have to say that it's impossible to hate Hughes *nod nod*. I have met someone on internet who didn't like him (I really don't know how that's possible O.o) but still didn't hate him.

Really, Hughes is like Rokka from Väinö Linna's Unknown Soldier. He's got the attitude, he can joke and make people feel better at all times, he just PWNs everyone and he is pretty carefree about ranks (bothering Roy who outranks him, nevermind that they're buddys) and some other cool stuff^^

--------------------

Adobe Photoshop Elements is my friend^^
My FanFiction.Net account
A Fangirl of Good Looking Fullmetal Alchemist Men = FGLFMAM

+Quote Post
Winter Phantom
post Jul 29 2007, 10:11 AM
Post #12

Apprentice

Member No.: 45,591

^-^ It's true!No one can hate Hughes!(Or they burn...evil moment there)

Nice videos,Fushigi!!!
Here's a video that made me cry...A Maes Hughes Tribute with the song,My Immortal!

WARNING:THIS MAY MAY YOU CRY AND SPOILER OF EP 25

--------------------

I am sane. It's this world that's crazy.
Kariya Jin (Bleach)

Kariya Jin, Bleach

+Quote Post
DefStatic
post Jul 29 2007, 10:53 AM
Post #13

Citizen

Member No.: 44,677

What are we supposed to talk about with Hughes if we can't give anything away?

Well, I love the fact that he acts like a moron but he is actually one of the most skilled and brightest in the non-State Alchemist section of the Military.

I felt he didn't get to shine as well in the Manga, but you get to delve more into the past.

Without giving much away, the thing we are avoiding talking about, possibly the most heartfelt part of the series and possibly the most brilliant directed scenes in the series, both in the manga and especially in the Anime. Seriously, WOW.

+Quote Post
Reta McClain
post Jul 29 2007, 11:06 AM
Post #14

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 40,803

QUOTE(DefStatic @ Jul 29 2007, 08:53 PM) *
What are we supposed to talk about with Hughes if we can't give anything away?

Well, I love the fact that he acts like a moron but he is actually one of the most skilled and brightest in the non-State Alchemist section of the Military.

I felt he didn't get to shine as well in the Manga, but you get to delve more into the past.

Without giving much away, the thing we are avoiding talking about, possibly the most heartfelt part of the series and possibly the most brilliant directed scenes in the series, both in the manga and especially in the Anime. Seriously, WOW.

Yeah, 'ear 'ear. (Guess who has read too much Potter-books lately... rolleyes.gif )

Talking about Hughes without mentioning IT is hard, but I think we can just dance around it somehow...

And that scene was beautiful, both in the anime and manga. Oh, the fall... *__* Such a beautiful arc...

Hughes randomness is something different from other characters. They normally stay on-topic but Hughes would start babbling about Gracia or Elysia. It makes him stand out more with all the others^^ He's also a great comic relief with those randomness-moments.

--------------------

Adobe Photoshop Elements is my friend^^
My FanFiction.Net account
A Fangirl of Good Looking Fullmetal Alchemist Men = FGLFMAM

+Quote Post
Amethyst Sunset
post Jul 31 2007, 06:52 AM
Post #15

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 38,435

One reason why I like the anime as much as the manga - at least in the anime, Hughes had a bigger role, and not seeing him in the hijacked train in the manga was a bit disappointing for me. Plus, can't beat the time when Elysia was born. XD

Aw, c'mon, we can talk about Hughes a lot without mentioning too much. happy.gif Like how he was daring enough to unveil that huge billboard in episode 13...and how he basically annoys the heck out of everyone but gets down to business when it's time for business...

Yay, thread's growing! I'd be surprised if it weren't XDDDDDD

--------------------

+Quote Post

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th June 2016 - 10:08 PM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css