Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Shaman King!
anime lover girl
post Oct 25 2004, 01:50 PM
Post #1

Alchemists

Group: Members
Member No.: 608

Shaman King (シャーマンキング Shāman Kingu?) directed by Seiji Mizushima and produced by Xebec. The episodes were aired between July 4, 2001 and September 25, 2002 on TV Tokyo .
(Source - Wiki)

List of Characters

Plot Summary: Asakura Yoh is a shaman, a person who communicates with ghosts. He enters the Shaman Fight, for whoever wins the tournament gets to commune with the Great Spirit, God . . . that and his fiance Anna wants to be the wife of the Shaman King. Helping him are his friends Manta, Horo Horo, Ryu, and his samurai ghost partner, Amidamaru.
Once every 500 years, there's an event called the Shaman Fight, and whoever wins becomes the Shaman King and can use the most powerful spirits ever. Asakura Yoh comes to Tokyo to train and become the Shaman King. Accompanied by many friends, he defeats many enemies along and the way, and gets more friends.
Yoh is a young shaman, one who can see and communicate with spirits. Shaman's also have another power,the ability to unify with spirits and use the spirit's fighting skills. Yoh is training to become the Shaman King, strongest among all Shamans, a title won by winning the Grand Tournament that takes place every 500 years. Helping him are his best friend Morty, a short kid who can also see ghosts, Amidamaru, an old samurai and his spirit partner, and his fiance Ana, a spirit meduim and his trainer. However, another Shaman family is trying to keep Yoh out of the tournament. Along the way he meets a bunch of other misfit ghosts and wannabe Shamans.

Genres: action, adventure, comedy, drama, supernatural, tournament
Episodes: 64
Age Rating: PG
(Source - ANN)

-------

Hey!My fav character is the cute little boy with green hair(Man can't remember his name again) mad.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
IPB Image
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
43 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 14)
Kasumi
post Oct 25 2004, 02:14 PM
Post #2

Brigadier General

Member No.: 135

That would be Lyserg Diethyl. ^^

My favourite characters are HoroHoro and Tao Ren.

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
anime lover girl
post Oct 25 2004, 02:23 PM
Post #3

Alchemists

Member No.: 608

thank you(smile)

--------------------
IPB Image
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Riza Babe
post Oct 25 2004, 02:43 PM
Post #4

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 853

i like yo and anna lol i think i watched the english versoin or us

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kasumi
post Oct 25 2004, 02:54 PM
Post #5

Brigadier General

Yoh/Anna is my favourite pairing in SK. biggrin.gif I wouldn't complain about the english dubbed version if I wasn't wasn't such a big HoroHoro fan and that 4kids didn't change his name to Trey! mad.gif

@Anime lover girl: No prob! wink.gif

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
Edward.Elric
post Oct 25 2004, 02:59 PM
Post #6

Citizen

Member No.: 1,609

I was going to enter the Shaman King drawing cotnest, but never got around to draw the pic.

+Quote Post
ryuuko
post Oct 25 2004, 08:21 PM
Post #7

Citizen

Member No.: 1,618

my favorite is hao~ i am surprised that he doesn't have many fan in america

--------------------
user posted image
user posted imageuser posted image
user posted imageMy Prince Of Tennis FanSite

+Quote Post
AoiSora
post Oct 25 2004, 11:13 PM
Post #8

Alchemists

Member No.: 667

Oooh! Finally a Mankin thread!

I love AnnaxYoh, I think there kid Hana is very cute, and Anna is my favorite! She is the only one I know who can have her eyes half closed and not look tired! biggrin.gif

The 4kids version scares me. My cousin even warned to not even turn the TV on at the time it is on, just in case I might accidentally catch it. So, from second hand info, it is really really bad. But the name changing was the worse. I can't believe the did that to HoroHoro!

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
xrninja
post Oct 26 2004, 12:14 AM
Post #9

Moderator Emeritus

Member No.: 501

QUOTE(ryuuko @ Oct 25 2004, 08:21 PM)
my favorite is hao~ i am surprised that he doesn't have many fan in america

hahah hao's awesome. i think the reason for the lack of fandom here is that 4Kids and Fox stalled the second season with hao for awhile. and maybe also that here his name changed to ZEKE, and i personally think a character would have to be very very very kickass-ly awesome before i'd be a fangirl of someone named zeke. no offense to all you natural-born zekes out there, it's just so wrong changing it from hao. i mean, they kept yoh's name and didn't change it to stu or anything, and hao's a pretty huge character too.

and lenny? don't even get me started on that. is that supposed to be the american equivalent of ren-chan or something? because as a ren myself i think changing it to lenny is very weird. if anyone called me lenny, i'd beat the crap out of them. *mutter* again, no offense to the natural-born lennies out there.

compared to those, horo --> trey, manta --> morty, ryou --> rio aren't that horrible. i think that with the exception of ren's VA (english accent? wtf?) and anna's VA (a little too shrill and high-pitched for my liking) i think the casting wasn't bad for the voices. i've never heard mankin in japanese before so i dunno. penguin|tired is the only person i know with all the eps of mankin, but he won't give them to me >( without a trade, at least. toukakoukan, na.

--------------------
- ON HIATUS UNTIL COLLEGE STOPS KICKING MY ASS -
ninja + quis = <3

+Quote Post
Kihaku
post Oct 26 2004, 01:36 AM
Post #10

Brigadier General

Member No.: 1,360

I really like this series. Pity that it had to end whilst the manga is still running... the end was a little open and all. I loved the feeling and events throughout the whole series. My favourite character would be Lyzerg, he's so cute(love the green hair!) and kind... next favourites are Ren and Horohoro. I like the way how Ren's attitude changes, and how he really seems to care for his friends despite his tough shell, the spike on his head is cute... but what's that with blushing always when he looks at/thinks of his sister..? Horohoro is just so fun and weird.. I like it how he and Ren seem to argue constantly, but are still good friends, both lose their temper easily...
Hmm.. the character I like the least is Anna.. how can a little kid be that bossy? But well, she and Yoh belong together.. I suppose, so I can endure her...

--------------------
The Delirious Dreamy Airhead
~Queen of Shounen-ai~
An Open-Minded Perv & Member of G.O.O.P
user posted image
Here's the thread for you s-ai/yaoi fans:Shounen-ai Fans Unite!

+Quote Post
Chibi Viki
post Oct 26 2004, 04:12 AM
Post #11

Moderator Emeritus

Member No.: 32

waaaaah, the old mankin thread is missing! >.<

anyway, i'm a yohxannaxhao fan (ahhehehe :,3)

btw, this was discussed in the old mankin thread before it disappeared (along w/ the old samurai 7 and old trigun thread)... apparently mankin manga is still not finished, but another arc was started: Funbari no Uta.

so far, all i know is it follows the story of Yoh and Anna's son, Hana. I saw a few pages, but didn't get to see anna and yoh... only ryu (who practically looked the same, and chocolove (when you see him, you'll go: OMG!ISTHATCHOCOLOVE?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!).

i'll try to look for that site where i found a few scans and post it here...

--------------------
- Moderator Emeritus -

+Quote Post
Vx Tao Ren xV
post Oct 26 2004, 11:17 AM
Post #12

Alchemists

Member No.: 646

Actually, the manga ended around a month ago or so (I found a scan of the last page).. It's so sad!!!!! (the Japanese manga volumes haven't finished up yet though..)

Anyways!

Yeah, Shaman King rocks. In my opinion, the manga is a LOT better than the manga.. (it's also a lot longer, which makes it all better ^_^) but ehh.. oh well. I have yet to see the dub, and never, EVER will.. I get mocked enough about it as it is. I still can't believe what they did to it T.T

My favorite characters are Tao Ren, obviously (*cough*points to user name*cough*), Hao-Sama, and Horo (in the manga)... manga Jeanne is cool too..

Oh! Funbari No Uta!! ^_^.. I absolutely love seeing the aftermath of Volume 9.. hehe... Actually, it's being published in the tankouban volumes now (instead of Shounen Jump only), I found a really cute introduction to it after "Mikki no Sekai" in volume 31.. I never saw Chocolove in Funbari no Uta (unless you count that one image of him sitting with his back turned to you in like the first chapter... You also only see the back of Anna.. who's holding a butcher knife (typical..).. and there isn't anyone else shown except for Ryu.. although I read somewhere that Hana (Poor kid's gonna get beat up in school because of his name) and Ryu were going to China to talk to Ren about something... (Nyahh!! Bocchama!! ^_^).. I really hope it's gonna get published into the rest of the manga volumes..

Yeah.. that's all I can rant about for now.. I have homework to do ^_^;;

Oh yeah, just out of curiosity.. what gender is Opacho!?!? (I say that it's genderly challenged) @.@!! It's never actually been said before...

::brain implodes::

--------------------
Crazy doesn't even begin to cover it...

+Quote Post
Kasumi
post Oct 26 2004, 12:58 PM
Post #13

Brigadier General

The manga has ended?! Wow...I guess I'll have a lot of catching up to do...

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
ryuuko
post Oct 26 2004, 01:53 PM
Post #14

Citizen

Member No.: 1,618

yes the manga has ended, but the ending arn't something a hao fan would like~ TT__TT although it left plenty of space for imagination, but i don't like the ending!

--------------------
user posted image
user posted imageMy Prince Of Tennis FanSite

+Quote Post
Kasumi
post Oct 26 2004, 02:06 PM
Post #15

Brigadier General

Similar to the anime ending or very different?

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post

43 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th July 2016 - 12:52 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css