HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
The Dante Thread, id like your opinion regarding this super-sucky villain.
That One Dude
post Jul 18 2007, 09:10 PM
Post #1

State Alchemist (Major)

Group: Members
Member No.: 46,559

Seriously, she is the worst villain ever! She tries to be cool, but she just isn't fit for that part. She needs the homunculi to do everything for her. She's weak and the anime definetly deserves a better villain than that

I'd really like your opinion on her.

--------------------
You aren't scared, are you?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Taskinst
post Jul 18 2007, 09:42 PM
Post #2

Alchemists

Member No.: 28,427

^ Googlebot die!
I argee with you Nathaniel. Dante is the worst. Gettng the homunculi to do all her dirty work while she stood in the background. Am glad that Gluttony got rid of that woman.

<Put the Spoiler tags just in case, because there are some who are currently following the FMA anime. ^^ 07/18/07 ~Tombow>

--------------------

+Quote Post
Automne
post Jul 19 2007, 12:52 AM
Post #3

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 13,171

A villain who acts secretly and who is calculative enough to make others do things for her? Huuum, where have I encountered that before...?

Anyway, I don't agree (and I'm sure there was already a thread for this, but where did it go? D:).

--------------------

mspaint_lolz on livejournal

'Buffy and Angel had gone out before and Buffy wasn't really comfortable talking to Spike and Angel at the same time, because now Spike and Buffy had been going out for 6 months and Buffy was afraid that Angel might tell Spike that him and Buffy went out, but it turns out that Angel had told Spike that they went out, Spike was heartbroken that Buffy never told him that they went out, so Spike broke up with Buffy to get back at her for not telling him that Angel and Buffy went out.'

-NOT MINE

TEH BESTEST (AND MOST FRENCH) ROMANCE EVAR

+Quote Post
Alchemical
post Jul 19 2007, 07:23 AM
Post #4

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 44,852

I couldn't care less if she was the most evil villain in the history of anime or an adorable goat, I can't stand her.

+Quote Post
Fushi
post Jul 19 2007, 09:22 AM
Post #5

Lt. General

Member No.: 37,703

Actually, I believe that makes her a good villian, because she's smart that way. Why fight your own battles when you can make others do it? This is something common in anime. In Sailor Moon: big villian controls little villian season after season (and in the manga it is discovered all these big villians are byproducts sent by even BIGGER villian) That's the only one I'm gonna name off the top of my head for now.

I personally love Dante, because she's so wicked. I think she makes a great villian because in the end, were her motives really that evil? They were twisted, but seemed like they were once a genuine good natured cause. It kinda reminds me of Light from Death Note. He wants to free the world of evil. Dante wanted to make sure mankind wouldn't destroy themselves with the philosoher's stone. Both just became twisted over time with power and god complexes.

The body snatching was evil tho tongue.gif

And Nathaniel, she showed in the last episode that she is not weak and is in fact quite powerful. She wouldn't be able to manipulate the homunculi if she wasn't. She just doesn't like to waste time doing things herself that could be done by others.

--------------------
My icon comm

"I can't stand RoyxHughes (he's married and has a daughter!)"
Popo: "Brace for Fushi! *cowers*"

Huge Maes Hughes fan. In fact I'm even the Maes Hughes of livejournal. Really. Look for me under "M"

+Quote Post
IamSloth
post Jul 20 2007, 07:05 PM
Post #6

Citizen

Member No.: 44,919

The only thing i like AT ALL about Dante, is her description of herself as the "guardian of sins". That quote is always stuck in my head. Other than that she's pretty pathetic. And obvious. As soon as Lyra turned up in Dante's house you knew what was going to happen.

--------------------
-Sloth-
The Sin of Sins

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th August 2016 - 06:34 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css