HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Chapter 73 "Regular" Discussion Thread For First Time Readers (and Others), No future chapter spoilers here, please. :)
jacksparrow589
post Aug 7 2007, 07:43 PM
Post #76

Special Ops (Piratical Gallery Enforcement)

Group: Gallery Moderators
Member No.: 48,158

I second your Central-hope-wish-prediction, Tombow! Oh, and I just got volume 14! We're catching up here in the U.S. (Of course, I did the sketchy math and in another year we'll still be about 3 volumes behind, but we'll catch up. Like, the year after that.)

Anyway, hmmmm... 74... I predict *cough*hope!*cough* that Greed!Ling makes a (bigger than one panel) appearance. And that, in light of what I just read in volume 14, a little more of Ling peeks through.

That's all I've got.

--------------------

Credit goes to Causmicfire for my avatar

The Royai Day party might be over, but the fun never stops!
Royai Day 2011 Album
Thank you to all those who contributed!

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Aug 10 2007, 08:16 AM
Post #77

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

A color page with the title for chapter 74, courtesy of Paca, posted on Royai thread. ^^
Attached File  fma74.jpg ( 268.64K ) Number of downloads: 49

Title for the chapter 74 is... "A Homunculus in a flask" !!??

--------------------

+Quote Post
Animeoldtimer
post Aug 10 2007, 12:01 PM
Post #78

State Alchemist (Major)

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,503

Thanks, Tombow! smile.gif

"A Homunculus in a flask"...hmmm

I wonder which homunculus is in a flask. dry.gif

I could see them drinking from a flask! biggrin.gif

--------------------
"Funny how you can say something in your head and it sounds fine... "--The Doctor

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Aug 11 2007, 12:51 AM
Post #79

Group Icon

Ok, the following is, supposedly, spoiler summary for chapter 74.

This is taken from Japanese site http://anwarterdrei.seesaa.net/ (brought to our attention by Paca on Royai thread.. thank you!! ^^) that says this is Spoiler Summary of chapter 74.
And, I translated it. Since it could be or could not be true I will not put it on Chapter 74 Spoiler party thread (the thread is not open yet because we do not have Chapter 74 Raw yet.)
Hence, I will put it here with Spoiler tags for now.
ETA: I checked more Japanese blog sites with more Spoiler summaries, and I believe this is more or less the content of chapter 74, although, this is a very short summary, and from what I read in those blog sites, the actual chapter 74 has much more richer contents. ^^

Please proceed at your own risk. tongue.gif
(Highlight to read the portion under the Spoiler tags. ^^)

Fullmetal Alchemist, chapter 74: "Homunculus in a flask"

- Alchemist vs Alchemist!? What will decide the outcome of the match?

Somewhere in Briggs:
To prepare for the fight against Kimbley, Ed teaches Miles and others about Kimbley's Alchemy. The tricky point for the fight against him is his Philosopher's Stone.

At Briggs Fort:
The officers from the Central Army inquire about Raven's whereabout to Briggs' solders. The solders all play innocence.

Central:
Major General Armstrong runs into Colonel Mustang. They don't look like they get along very well.
Armstrong: "A green horn like Mustang is working in the Central? What kind of bribery did he use?"
Mustang: "Nah, must be his true ability."

Yet, he wont forget to invite her for dinner.
Armstrong chases away Mustang by answering that she would eat till he will be all broke.
As they part, Mustang: "There is a good flower shop in the Central. I will send you some flowers."
Armstrong goes into Führer's office.

Führer's Office:
Führer and the Major general, face to face.
Führer asks straight forward: "What did you do to Raven?"
Armstrong quickly realizes that she can't hide it, and readily admit that she murdered him.

In addition, Armstrong admits that Raven told her about the Homunculus, how this country was formed, who/what Führer is, and knowing all that, answered to Führer's summons. And, asks Führer to give her Raven's seat in the upper military.

Führer likes Armstrong's answer, and gives her Raven's seat. Briggs will be commanded by officers from Central. Armstrong seems fine with that.

Briggs Fort:
Buccaneer and others talk about Armstrong being summoned by Führer, and the Briggs are being commanded by officers from Central. Just as Armstrong, they do seem to be taking these fine.

Central:
In the cafeteria, Mustang and Hawkeye exchange small talks. Mustang worries about Hawkeye being seemingly dispirited.

Hawkeye, while checking the shadow on her legs, starts talking about the time they had the joint training with the Northern army.
Mustang, realizes something, and start writing something as they keep the chat.
They reminisce while Hawkeye keeps bringing up names of solders in the Northern army, or subordinates in the Eastern army.

Later, in the bathroom, Mustang decode Hawkeye's message, and his expression changes to that of in shock.

Dublith:
Izumi and Sig are on a trip and out of town. Mason is running Sig's shop. Führer's messenger arrives.

On the rooftop of nearby building is Bido, one of Greed's company. He realizes the solders are the ones who took Greed, and hide himself underside of their car.

Underground, Central:
LinGreed is there. Pride is there also. Father is asleep.

Father is dreaming?? Flashback scene:
Some town. Different from Amestris.
A boy, the look has similarities to Ed and Hohenheim. He is a slave with no name. Being called No. 23.
He is cleaning a room.

A round shadowy figure in a flask speaks to the boy.
The boy is not surprised by that. He keeps cleaning the room.
The shadow in the flask likes that, and keeps talking to the boy.
The boy does not seem to understand what the shadow is talking about.

The master of the boy draws blood from the boy.
The shadow in the flask is born to this world because of the blood from the boy.
To thank the boy for giving his life, the shadow gives the boy a name.
The name is "Von Hohenheim."
The shadow also tells the boy that he would also teach the boy some knowledge.
The boy is interested. Asks the shadow "What shall I call you?"

The shadow shows the eyes and the mouth similar to that of Pride, and tells: "Call me a Homunculus in a flask."

Central:
In the bathroom, Mustang burns the memo with the decoded message. "What kind of joke is this!!"
The memo reads: "Selim Bradley is a homunculus."
"Improbable!!" Matters Mustang.

Caption: "Another identity of the shadow revealed??!!

-End of chapter 74-

We need chapter 74 Raw!!!! Anyone sees chapter 74, please bring it to us!! ^^

--------------------

+Quote Post
jacksparrow589
post Aug 11 2007, 07:42 AM
Post #80

You're awesome, Tombow! Thank you so much for putting that up! But, as usual, it's suspenseful, so I need to read it. At least we sort of know what happens, though. Thanks again!

--------------------

Royai Day 2011 Album

+Quote Post
Sensenic
post Aug 11 2007, 05:07 PM
Post #81

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 11,694

QUOTE(Tombow @ Aug 10 2007, 05:16 PM) *
Title for the chapter 74 is... "A Homunculus in a flask" !!??

Not quite?

I'd rather translate it as
the little person within the flask - Hommunculus
or
Hommunculus: the little person from within the flask
or sth like that.
But in any case separated because the word 'hommunculus' is given as furigana to the 'little person' phrase.

The difference is in that put this way, it's rather a redefinition of the concept of hommunculi (which so far were called with the kanji "jinzou ningen" -human-made humans- , I think), instead of refering to a specific one within some flask. And this may imply, an extensive chapter on hommunculi themselves! Maybe a flashback?

I had never been this hyped by a chapter title since... well, since the "the first hommunculus" one, in fact, just a few months ago... happy.gifU
Damn Arakawa, keepin' the damn manga so exciting all the time!

EDIT: Ooops, failed to see the spoiler summary. >.<
Whatever, I'll just try to avoid reading it. I want the full thing NOW! \( `A´)/

--------------------
貧乳神・・・

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Aug 11 2007, 07:34 PM
Post #82

Group Icon

@Sensenic - I know, this chapter is going to to be HUGE!!! .. I agree, this chapter reminds me of the chapter 70 with the First/Beginning Homunculi. It's a chapter with huge impact, huge revealing, jamm packed contents, and I'm so stalked to read the raw!!
(Oh, wait, you haven't read the supposed spoiler summary?? Yeah, it has a huge reveal. ^^)

And, as for the chapter title, I saw what you saw also, but anyway that one is just the interim title while I'm waiting to read the whole raw to make my real translations, because for FMA manga often you have to read the whole chapter to correctly understand what the title is referring to. (Good example was chapter 72) So, right now I'm not doing it in any intricate ways, and leaving just the interim title until I read real Chapter 74 raw. Although, one of the translations of "homunculus" in Japanese is a little people, so I can even make it, like... "a little people - a little people in a flask" (that's kinda cute if there is actually a little people in the flask) XDD But yeah, I have to see the actual pic of it, too, before I get the better idea. ^^
Anyway, I will decide on the real title when/after I read chapter 74 Raw. smile.gif

Meantime, check out this How to make a homunculus in a flask article on Wiki jp.
It's in Japanese, but if anyone can read it, it's highly related to the content for chapter 74.
I have a strong feeling Arakawa-sensei (or her research staff) probably run into the variation of this article somewhere along their research for the Alchemy. smile.gif

Anyway, I've been in a standby mode for chapter 74 raw since yesterday, but so far nothing, and I'm sooo hoping to read the raw!! ^^

--------------------

+Quote Post
sesame st united
post Aug 11 2007, 08:43 PM
Post #83

Citizen

Member No.: 49,326

Wow, this is amazing...I cannot wait to see it out on the page...in her wonderful art...I just returned from living in Japan, and this is what I miss...being able to stop by a Lawsons or kiosk and just buy it for 240Y...oh the good old days...actually......the fullmetal alchemists were unbelievably expensive...this one bookstore sold it for 4,000Y...it was huge!

+Quote Post
TheRainbowConnec...
post Aug 11 2007, 09:25 PM
Post #84

Apprentice

Member No.: 45,133

Tombow: Oh snap! Finally, some more stuff about Hoho-papa!

Can't wait to see the chapter!

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Aug 11 2007, 10:09 PM
Post #85

Group Icon

I found the the second Japanese blog site and third Japnese blog site with Spoiler summary for chapter 74, and the content there, in most part agrees with the above summery. (Actually I see more details. ^^)
So, I believe what's written above is more or less what's in chapter 74. I see more details on these blog sites for the chapter 74 content. (Olivier is amazing!!) But, at this point I'm not going to add more details to the above summary. I will wait for chapter 74 raw to show up and make translations. ^^

BTW, I think this is the pic of the boy in the chapter 74.
I got the pic from yet another Japanese blog site while searching for chapter 74 raw. ^^

Attached File  img_1391934_16659120_2.jpg ( 24.97K ) Number of downloads: 107

And, the names of solders Riza has mentioned: (Can you catch the message? )
Scar, Elric, Lucy, Issac, Miles, Buccaneer, Lebecca, Armstrong, Dave, Lysander, Edger, York, Ida, Sugar, Havoc, Oscar, Mike, Uni, Nora, Charley, Uni, Lucy, Uni, Starling.

(Lebecca should be more likely Rebecca, but until it gets officially corrected I will keep it according to Roy's spelling in the Raw. ^^)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Starrieidgirl
post Aug 12 2007, 10:21 AM
Post #86

Apprentice

Member No.: 41,176

The code: SELIM BLADLEY IS HOMUNCULUS (hint-->first letter)

@ New members Welcome to our lovely thread! We are excited to have you aboard and get ready...this forum will be buzzing w/ post-raw release activity soon!!

Hugs/Glomps!
Starrie

<I fixed the boo-boo... hope this came out ok.. Thanks for catching it!! ^^ 08/12/07 ~Tombow>

--------------------
She walks in beauty, like the night
Of cloudless climes, and starry skies
And all that's best of dark and bright
Meet in her aspect and her eyes
Thus mellow'd to that tender light
Which heaven to gaudy day denies.
-- George Gordon, Lord Byron

Sig made by Ed's Numbuh 1 Fan. [teehee, Sparkly Roy! I love it! And my BFF ~ceruleanbloom made the avvie. Check out her DA pg.]

+Quote Post
jacksparrow589
post Aug 12 2007, 12:19 PM
Post #87

Tombow- blink.gif No. Way. It took me a second to get the message, but that's pretty blatant. Of course, if names come up in causual conversation, not may people would suspect, but given the current situation... That's pretty bold, I think. The more I think about it, though, people generally don't see what's right in front of them. So if they're looking for something tricky, well, it wouldn't be there, would it? (I'm totally overthinking this...) Thanks for putting that up!

--------------------

Royai Day 2011 Album

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Aug 12 2007, 01:16 PM
Post #88

Group Icon

@Starrieidgirl - Yap, I think you got it right! biggrin.gif

@jacksparrow589 - Yeah, it's less sophisticated than I thought. But, I guess they didn't have any pre-arranged method, and Riza probably came up with it at the spar of the moment, hoping Roy would catch it.... That's why I'm really anxious to see the whole Raw and find out how this scene came about. ^^

Speaking of.. Still no raw. sad.gif So far I checked Japanese sites, and I even checked some French and Italian forums but no Raw yet. Guys, please check around for the Raw... please. ^^
Or, we may have to bribe some members who are in Japan to send us the Raw!! tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
*Yukiko
post Aug 12 2007, 02:59 PM
Post #89

Citizen

Member No.: 32,237

Wow I can't wait to finally see it! Seriously, the women of FMA have got some serious guts (Armstrong, Riza)

I'm a bit surprised tho... after last month's bombshell of Al's probably immenent rejection, he's literally MIA in this chapter. I mean, I realize there are a lot of loose ends that Arakawa is starting to try to tie up (thankfully!), but this was a huge development and it gets no time at all... Not to mention the other big problem of 4 key people about to walk into enemy hands (Scar, Marcoh, Winry, Mei).. just a bit unexpected.... But hey, maybe there is a tiny tidbit in there that the spoilers didnt mention... have to wait till the raws are out

+Quote Post
Alchemical
post Aug 12 2007, 03:38 PM
Post #90

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 44,852

Tombow - Thanks so much for the translation. Though, it did make me even more rabid for the full chapter. I'm searchin' though.

*Yukiko - Maybe Arakawa-sensei is trying to draw up suspense for it. Sometimes people do that to make them want the next chapter even more. Annoying, but effective. XD

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th August 2016 - 06:39 PM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css