HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Chapter 73 "Regular" Discussion Thread For First Time Readers (and Others), No future chapter spoilers here, please. :)
Sannom
post Jul 14 2007, 01:50 AM
Post #31

State Alchemist (Major)

Group: Members
Member No.: 35,674

I think the Blood Seal is already well protected against what is really dangerous for him by the helmet, no need for more protection!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Chiyo
post Jul 14 2007, 06:55 AM
Post #32

Moderator Emeritus

Member No.: 6,466

QUOTE(Animeoldtimer @ Jul 13 2007, 05:25 PM) [snapback]561645[/snapback]
Chiyo, thanks for the compliment. smile.gif

Another thing funny about the earing situation is the fact that they are concerned about the earings burning her ears, but they don't even suggest she cover her ears so they don't get frost bite. rolleyes.gif

And they never mentioned it at all the other times she's been in colder weather.

I knows what they'll do with the earrings (you'll have to have seen a certain Simpsons episode for this)

"Sparkle sparkle"
"Pin-hole leak"
"Dad, the earring could plug the leak"

See, I know where Arakawa is heading with this one biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Animeoldtimer
post Jul 14 2007, 08:00 AM
Post #33

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 8,503

So is Arakawa a Simpsons fan too? laugh.gif Funny. I could also see Ed using the earings for transmution purposes and Winry getting furious. He could later make it up to her by getting her new earings. wub.gif

--------------------
"Funny how you can say something in your head and it sounds fine... "--The Doctor

+Quote Post
TheRainbowConnec...
post Jul 14 2007, 10:15 AM
Post #34

Apprentice

Member No.: 45,133

QUOTE(Sannom @ Jul 14 2007, 01:50 AM) [snapback]561816[/snapback]
I think the Blood Seal is already well protected against what is really dangerous for him by the helmet, no need for more protection!

I dunno. Being able to go into water past mid-chest height would be pretty valuable. Imagine--he could walk, wholly hidden along the bottom of a lake or river! Amphibious Al!

Gukumatz: I dunno. It's hard for me to see how the blood seal can actually be affected by cold. But then again, this is a story about alchemists, and a Gate that steals limbs, and freaky people who rip red stones out of their abs. So, who knows? Anything is fair game, I guess. wink.gif

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Jul 15 2007, 04:38 AM
Post #35

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

QUOTE(TheRainbowConnection @ Jul 14 2007, 01:15 PM) [snapback]561889[/snapback]
.. I dunno. It's hard for me to see how the blood seal can actually be affected by cold. But then again, this is a story about alchemists, and a Gate that steals limbs, and freaky people who rip red stones out of their abs. So, who knows? Anything is fair game, I guess. wink.gif

Haha, since we are at it.. I'm not sure about Al having trouble seeing in the blizzard.. if Al does not tire, or need no sleep, or his body physically not being affected, then I don't know how does being in the snow storm affects his seeing ability. tongue.gif But, I just suspend that thought, and go along with flow of the story. laugh.gif

(But, I still have bit of trouble how easily they decided to have Scar, Winry, Marcho, Mei, Yoki, plus Kimbley's two chimeras to head alone to the Fort. Seems the story has bit too conveniently moved...)

On an unrelated note, I wonder what happens to Armstrong in the Central!! ph34r.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
meepers
post Jul 15 2007, 02:17 PM
Post #36

Citizen

Member No.: 46,117

Olivia's going to Central is EXCELLENT. I can't wait to see the Armstrong family interaction.

"AH~ MY DEAREST BIG SISTER! HOW HAVE YOU BEEN? <3 <3 <3" -bounds forward with out-stretched hands-

"Go away."

"ARE YOU COLD? YOU MUST BE, ALLOW ME TO WARM YOU WITH OUR SECRET ARMSTRONG BODY HU-"

"TOUCH ME AND YOU DIE." -smacks head with sword-

.....well, probably not, but I am deathly curious to know how the two will interact. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
AA battery
post Jul 15 2007, 02:57 PM
Post #37

Brigadier General

Member No.: 7,450

QUOTE(Animeoldtimer @ Jul 14 2007, 08:00 AM) [snapback]561862[/snapback]
So is Arakawa a Simpsons fan too? laugh.gif Funny. I could also see Ed using the earings for transmution purposes and Winry getting furious. He could later make it up to her by getting her new earings. wub.gif

dunno if anyone mentioned this before, but what I think about the earrings... is that eventually Ed will drop them or sth like that in front of Kimbley, and that will show that Ed and Winry indeed had contact with each other before Winry got "captured" by Scar... cuz supposingly the last person that has seen Winry would be Kimbley and co., so knowing Kimbley, he should remember whether or not Winry had her earrings on at that time. So Ed and co.'s plan may get exposed that way X.X

---

About Al... hmm, could it be that certain location in the world will have closer "contact" with the gate somewhat? And if Al is too close to that certain location, it increases his chance of contacting his body? I have been having that thought for quite a long time yet never bothered to write a fanfic about it... *gets bricked*

---

@meepers: omg, I totally want to see that. XD

--------------------
*June 11, 2013 - New Doujinshis Added*
Hi, I got a bunch of FMA merchandises (keychains, pencil boards, cards, figurines, book in figure red...etc) for sale at my LJ. Please visit my sale post here if interested! Thanks ^_^

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Jul 15 2007, 03:29 PM
Post #38

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

QUOTE(AA battery @ Jul 15 2007, 05:57 PM) [snapback]562184[/snapback]
dunno if anyone mentioned this before, but what I think about the earrings... is that eventually Ed will drop them or sth like that in front of Kimbley, and that will show that Ed and Winry indeed had contact with each other before Winry got "captured" by Scar... cuz supposingly the last person that has seen Winry would be Kimbley and co., so knowing Kimbley, he should remember whether or not Winry had her earrings on at that time. So Ed and co.'s plan may get exposed that way X.X

Wow, that's a bit of scary thought, but if that happens, that's an excellent plot catalyst, IMO!!
(Tho, I hope that doesn't happen... >.<)

About Al... hmm, could it be that certain location in the world will have closer "contact" with the gate somewhat? And if Al is too close to that certain location, it increases his chance of contacting his body? I have been having that thought for quite a long time yet never bothered to write a fanfic about it... *gets bricked*

That brings back Mei's talk about network of "ki/chi" running across the Earth... So, I don't know if that was the case here, or not, but that kind of thing is quite possible, IMO.. Especially, Briggs seems being some strong "ki/chi" point on Earth. unsure.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
TheRainbowConnec...
post Jul 15 2007, 04:06 PM
Post #39

Apprentice

Member No.: 45,133

QUOTE(Tombow @ Jul 15 2007, 03:29 PM) [snapback]562188[/snapback]

Wow, that's a bit of scary thought, but if that happens, that's an excellent plot catalyst, IMO!!
(Tho, I hope that doesn't happen... >.<)

Seriously. Why didn't she just put them in her own pocket? I guess that this is either: 1) a slightly nonsensical way for Kimblee to discover their actions, or 2) hidden Ed/Win subplot, much like how Ed will return the 520 cenz to Mustang after democracy is institutated, blahdeblah, except more lovey-dovey ("I'm giving you my earrings now so that you can return them to me later, and you ABSOLUTELY MUST do it, okay? So you can't die.")

Personally, I think it's both (awwww). laugh.gif
Attached File(s)
Attached File  73_22_pockets.jpg ( 88.11K ) Number of downloads: 44

+Quote Post
nooksandcrannies
post Jul 15 2007, 04:50 PM
Post #40

Citizen

Member No.: 47,694

This chapter rocked! Is it just me, or did anyone notice a slight change in Arakawa's art style? Nothing bad, but it just looked a little different than...say, 6 chapters ago.

I really liked the part with the earrings. It was this little sweet "return my earrings and make sure that you don't die, and I'll make sure I don't die, either" sort of thing. EdWin! XD

I also kinda liked how Scar always seemed to have this little uncomfortable "everyone in the room hates me" look on his face throughout most of the chapter. The whole thing is a little awkward with him being there.

The parts that got me thinking were the last two, with Al in the snow and with Father. With that scene with Al in the snow, I think Arakawa is giving a big hint to how he'll get his body back. Maybe the rejection between his soul and armour is exactly what they need. That being said, I really liked Al in the chapter. He really got to do something and shine, and the little speech was heart-wrenchingly sweet.

I wonder who the fifth person on Father's transmutation circle is supposed to be. Father pointed out all the people that saw the gate. Was there a chapter where we were told about Hohenheim seeing the gate? Granted that assumes that the criterion for being a sacrifice is seeing the gate (though it's probably true). But anyway, I wonder who is left. I don't think its Roy, since he's supposed to be the one to open the Gate, and also he would have been mentioned if he was also a sacrifice. I think it may be a new character, but it would be much cooler if it was a character we already know.

+Quote Post
Dark_Fishie
post Jul 15 2007, 06:03 PM
Post #41

Citizen

Member No.: 11,490

QUOTE(Tombow @ Jul 15 2007, 07:38 AM) [snapback]562066[/snapback]
QUOTE(TheRainbowConnection @ Jul 14 2007, 01:15 PM) [snapback]561889[/snapback]
.. I dunno. It's hard for me to see how the blood seal can actually be affected by cold. But then again, this is a story about alchemists, and a Gate that steals limbs, and freaky people who rip red stones out of their abs. So, who knows? Anything is fair game, I guess. wink.gif

Haha, since we are at it.. I'm not sure about Al having trouble seeing in the blizzard.. if Al does not tire, or need no sleep, or his body physically not being affected, then I don't know how does being in the snow storm affects his seeing ability. tongue.gif But, I just suspend that thought, and go along with flow of the story. laugh.gif

Even if Al is not physically affected by the blizzard, the sheer amount of snow in the sky is sufficient to reduce visibility. (is from a place with heavy snowstorms twice a year or so ^^)

+Quote Post
pawnedbyme
post Jul 15 2007, 06:24 PM
Post #42

Apprentice

Member No.: 42,893

for the last sacrifice i wonder if it will be a new character or something sounds interesting..

+Quote Post
post Jul 15 2007, 06:51 PM
Post #43

Citizen

Member No.: 37,193

QUOTE(pawnedbyme @ Jul 15 2007, 09:24 PM) [snapback]562210[/snapback]
for the last sacrifice i wonder if it will be a new character or something sounds interesting..

Man, there's a lot to think about after reading this chapter. I'll start with the sacrifices. Honestly, Wrath already said he'd have Mustang "open the gate", and Lust called him a potential human sacrifice before her death. Furthermore, Mustang's girlfriend is a hostage of the homonculi. Why not Mustang?

Thing is, if Father is *searching* for a fifth sacrifice, and did not mention Mustang as a potential sacrifice, it leads one to believe that Mustang is not, in fact, a sacrifice, but will perform a different function. Maybe Mustang is supposed to "open the gate" before the sacrifices do their stuff.

Of more immediate concern than the final sacrifice cliffhanger is Alphonse's situation. His body has conveniently begun the rejection process *just as Kimbley offered the Elrics a philosopher's stone*.

Think about that. With Kimbley's leverage against the Elrics gone, he needs to get the brothers back in line, and fast. Scar is gone. Briggs would just assume destroy Kimbley or leave him to perish in a snowstorm. And if I'm not mistaken, Briggs now has that Renjanjutsu research book of Scar's. What, exactly, can Kimbley *do* in this situation?

However, if Alphonse were in mortal danger, then Edward just might accept Kimbley's grisly offer.

Finally, I'll note that central has demanded Armstrong's presence, and will appoint an "interrim commander" to Briggs. Central would not send another incompetent puppet after General Raven's failure, because they know he would meet the same fate. Central wants someone who will start a big, bloody skirmish at Briggs. Now, who do we know who likes to start big, bloody wars?

That's right, Envy, instigator of the Isbalan massacre. He's due to appear in Briggs anyway, as he's conveniently scheduled to be "frozen in ice" just as Greed was to be "boiled in the finest oil". I think the next issue is going to be *very* interesting...

+Quote Post
AA battery
post Jul 16 2007, 02:15 AM
Post #44

Brigadier General

Member No.: 7,450

@Quote: Must say... very good point about Envy and ice. biggrin.gif

--------------------
*June 11, 2013 - New Doujinshis Added*
Hi, I got a bunch of FMA merchandises (keychains, pencil boards, cards, figurines, book in figure red...etc) for sale at my LJ. Please visit my sale post here if interested! Thanks ^_^

+Quote Post
CowAlchemist
post Jul 16 2007, 06:59 AM
Post #45

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 28,255

Man, there's a lot to think about after reading this chapter. I'll start with the sacrifices. Honestly, Wrath already said he'd have Mustang "open the gate", and Lust called him a potential human sacrifice before her death.

Those two parts stick out in my mind the most. ^^

I've got to say, this chapter has a lot in it.

It was cool to have Winry come up with that plan and it was cute how nuts Ed went over it.
Second, Al's speech was a tad cheesy, but it was still really cool. ^^
Third, Winry giving Ed her earrings was cute too. Kind of an "I promise I won't die if you promise you won't die" thing. I mean, Winry has pockets on her jacket as someone pointed out. (Yay EdWin <3)
Fourth, Al seeing his body made me squee, but I hope his chances aren't being lowered at getting his body back. Maybe the cold did affect the blood seal somehow... *just a thought*

Can't wait for the next chapter. biggrin.gif

-edit-
SORRY.

--------------------

CowAlchemist.Deviantart.com and TheCowAlchemist on Youtube.com
If you have attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands,
snapping your fingers,
or by drawing an array,
copy and paste this into your signature.

Hey, might as well try and see if it works, eh?... ^^;

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th August 2016 - 05:12 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css