HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Chapter 73 "Regular" Discussion Thread For First Time Readers (and Others), No future chapter spoilers here, please. :)
pawnedbyme
post Jul 12 2007, 10:00 AM
Post #16

Apprentice

Group: Members
Member No.: 42,893

awesome chapter!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sannom
post Jul 12 2007, 10:22 AM
Post #17

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 35,674

It also makes me wonder why Father just considers Izumi as a mere possibility although she has seen the Gate.

He doesn't know for sure!

Does anyone think that perharps Jude will actually make an appearance in the main plot?

+Quote Post
ehxhfdl14
post Jul 12 2007, 11:59 AM
Post #18

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 45,709

He doesn't know for sure!

Does anyone think that perharps Jude will actually make an appearance in the main plot?

I really don't think he will, but there' still a possibility.

--------------------
We have met the enemy, and he is us.
-Walt Kelly, Pogo

+Quote Post
Animeoldtimer
post Jul 12 2007, 03:42 PM
Post #19

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 8,503

As always, the translations clear things up for me. That last page is very intriguing. I'm beginning to think that Roy will be the last person. I suppose that's an obvious guess given the situation Hawkeye is in.

I liked how Al shined in this chapter. He really showed maturity and character.

What do you think about Winry giving her earings to Ed? I thought that was a cute part.

--------------------
"Funny how you can say something in your head and it sounds fine... "--The Doctor

+Quote Post
Amethyst Sunset
post Jul 13 2007, 05:29 AM
Post #20

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 38,435

Hmmm...

Izumi is a powerful alchemist, Gate or no. Still, she is being considered as there may well be other pawns who can be used...Scar, for instance, probably. Or maybe even Mei Chan.

It is very possible that Roy could be the fifth pawn. Father could use him to open the Gate, and in the process, he'll also gain the ability to perform alchemy without an array. Heh, he can probably make flames by clapping his hands then! XDDDDDD And of course, the fact that Riza is being held hostage and is now being watched by Pride also adds to it...

Oh dear, maybe the attraction between Al's body and soul is getting stronger...either that, or it's weakening and soon the body will decay. Egads, will Ed and company find out, and if they do, how will they be able to help him? Will this affect Father's plans, or will it actually be part of his scheme? What if Al's body goes on a rampage, like Barry's? Will they have to destroy his body? Yikes. So many questions...and yes, I agree that Al did have a good part in this chapter. And it's here that you really see that even though he's a soul attached to armor, he's still a growing boy...

Could THAT be the reason for his body popping up?

Still, I'm disappointed that some characters are still MIA as of now, like the rest of Roy's subordinates (HAVOC T_T), Ran Fan, and even the other Homunculi. Well, at least we caught a glimpse of Ling...and he doesn't seem to be fighting against Greed inside him...

And yes, I think it's sweet that Winry gave Ed her earrings. And then some random situation will crop up that will have Ed using the earrings to save his life...what that is, I don't know. XD

--------------------

+Quote Post
Chiyo
post Jul 13 2007, 05:33 AM
Post #21

Moderator Emeritus

Member No.: 6,466

QUOTE(Animeoldtimer @ Jul 12 2007, 11:42 PM) [snapback]561482[/snapback]
What do you think about Winry giving her earings to Ed? I thought that was a cute part.

(Your sig rules)

I see him lying dead somewhere, dramatically with Winry's earrings in hand as he was about to give them back....

Kidding, well no actually that was my first thought but it was also really quite sweet.

Otherwise, I shall discuss more once I've got my head round translations and such.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sannom
post Jul 13 2007, 05:51 AM
Post #22

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 35,674

And yes, I think it's sweet that Winry gave Ed her earrings. And then some random situation will crop up that will have Ed using the earrings to save his life...

I can see more likely a situation where those earring will endanger their lives... let's say that Ed is somewhat careless and Kimblee finds the earrings. Smart ans suspicious as he is, he will certainly suspect something, and he will be a bigger problem than the one he already is...

+Quote Post
Amethyst Sunset
post Jul 13 2007, 08:22 AM
Post #23

QUOTE(Sannom @ Jul 13 2007, 08:51 PM) [snapback]561610[/snapback]
And yes, I think it's sweet that Winry gave Ed her earrings. And then some random situation will crop up that will have Ed using the earrings to save his life...

I can see more likely a situation where those earring will endanger their lives... let's say that Ed is somewhat careless and Kimblee finds the earrings. Smart ans suspicious as he is, he will certainly suspect something, and he will be a bigger problem than the one he already is...

Could be...then Kimblee could start piecing things together and realize their plan...

If he could turn those earrings into bombs, I'll just laugh. XDDDDDDD

--------------------

+Quote Post
Animeoldtimer
post Jul 13 2007, 09:25 AM
Post #24

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 8,503

Chiyo, thanks for the compliment. smile.gif

Another thing funny about the earing situation is the fact that they are concerned about the earings burning her ears, but they don't even suggest she cover her ears so they don't get frost bite. rolleyes.gif

--------------------
"Funny how you can say something in your head and it sounds fine... "--The Doctor

+Quote Post
Gukumatz
post Jul 13 2007, 10:32 AM
Post #25

Citizen

Member No.: 45,648

About Alphonse seeing the gate...

When I saw that scene, I thought it was clear what had happened.

Alphonse almost died. He's not as immune to the cold as he thinks he is. The armor may freeze and be okay, but the blood seal is not so resilient. It was a near-death experience that brought him to the gate, to his body. The cold almost caused a rejection.

I freaked out when I saw that scene. Oh, Al~ Don't diiiiiie~

--------------------
-Gukumatz
[ LJ | Song translations | Icon ]

+Quote Post
AA battery
post Jul 13 2007, 11:47 AM
Post #26

Brigadier General

Member No.: 7,450

QUOTE(Sensenic @ Jul 12 2007, 01:53 AM) [snapback]561342[/snapback]
Truth to be told, I didn't quite like how everyone was so fast convinced to act together, even if it was the best choice, given the circumstances. Specially the chimeras: Al's "lesson" (forgot to remark that, along with the "taking off the helmet" part, aa? ;p ) was very beautiful, yes, but it still felt somewhat rushed. That, along with Winry's quick decision (it was surprising, tho', that SHE was the one to come up with the plan! talk about guts!), the Elrics' agreement to it... everything together did leave me this feeling that it all went too good too fast.

Oops XD Well, was too shock by the armor and body scene... *.*;;

QUOTE(Amethyst Sunset @ Jul 13 2007, 05:29 AM) [snapback]561604[/snapback]
What if Al's body goes on a rampage, like Barry's?

I doubt that would happen, since Barry's body had a different soul affixed to it, while Al's body is soulless...

QUOTE(Gukumatz @ Jul 13 2007, 10:32 AM) [snapback]561654[/snapback]

Alphonse almost died. He's not as immune to the cold as he thinks he is. The armor may freeze and be okay, but the blood seal is not so resilient. It was a near-death experience that brought him to the gate, to his body. The cold almost caused a rejection.

After reading your post, somehow I can sooo see Al's soul getting locked up into the gate with his body @____@
*cries* (╥_╥)

--------------------
*June 11, 2013 - New Doujinshis Added*
Hi, I got a bunch of FMA merchandises (keychains, pencil boards, cards, figurines, book in figure red...etc) for sale at my LJ. Please visit my sale post here if interested! Thanks ^_^

+Quote Post
TheRainbowConnec...
post Jul 13 2007, 06:50 PM
Post #27

Apprentice

Member No.: 45,133

I am now, above all, most interested in what's going to happen with Olivia now that she's summoned back to Central. Secret planning with Roy? But then, she'd probably have to find some way to sneak back to Briggs to get to her army. Roy, Olivia, and Grumman all together in the same city? Hmmm.

QUOTE(Gukumatz @ Jul 13 2007, 10:32 AM) [snapback]561654[/snapback]

I'm not sure that it has as much to do with the cold as much as gradually losing the battle against probability. At any point, there is a chance of rejection, and the greater the length of time that Al spends in that body, the greater chance there is that the armor will reject his soul (or is it the other way around?) at some point. It's akin to having more and more unlucky dicerolls as time goes on.

Somewhat tangentially, a thought occurred to me while I was walking in the hall at work today. You know how Al can't get in the water because of his blood seal potentially washing away?

Why can't he just put a layer of paint or lacquer over it? The blood's still there; it's simply protected now. And if he matches the color to his armor, he could hide it!

</nitpick>

+Quote Post
Amethyst Sunset
post Jul 13 2007, 07:37 PM
Post #28

Maybe the reason why you can't paint over a blood seal is that the chemicals in paint or lacquer or whatever will mix into the dried blood and disturb the bond between the iron in it and the metal.

Hmmm...I can imagine water vapor condensing on Al's armor, turning back into water when it comes into contact with his cold armor. So some water may be dribbling down on his blood seal, giving him the near-death experience...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gukumatz
post Jul 13 2007, 07:41 PM
Post #29

Citizen

Member No.: 45,648

QUOTE(TheRainbowConnection @ Jul 13 2007, 06:50 PM) [snapback]561746[/snapback]
I'm not sure that it has as much to do with the cold as much as gradually losing the battle against probability. At any point, there is a chance of rejection, and the greater the length of time that Al spends in that body, the greater chance there is that the armor will reject his soul (or is it the other way around?) at some point. It's akin to having more and more unlucky dicerolls as time goes on.

Somewhat tangentially, a thought occurred to me while I was walking in the hall at work today. You know how Al can't get in the water because of his blood seal potentially washing away?

Why can't he just put a layer of paint or lacquer over it? The blood's still there; it's simply protected now. And if he matches the color to his armor, he could hide it!

I don't think what you said countered what I said.

What I meant was that the cold was increasing the probability of his armor rejecting his soul... because the blood on the blood seal is affected by the cold. It's the same as if someone scratched his seal or if water touched it -- either way, the only thing that links Al to the living world is being damaged.

Or did you mean that it was just time? Time is probably a factor, too, but I don't think it was everything.

As for the lacquer thing... That's interesting. I wonder if the blood seal has to be exposed to the world? Barry's and the serial killer brothers' was exposed, too.

--------------------
-Gukumatz
[ LJ | Song translations | Icon ]

+Quote Post
Evileo
post Jul 14 2007, 01:45 AM
Post #30

Citizen

Member No.: 46,465

QUOTE(Porgand @ Jul 12 2007, 06:40 PM) [snapback]561362[/snapback]
Am I the only one to notice that Winry's boobs are as big as Mei's head? XD Ah well, probably.

YES. LING. ILU.

You are not the only person who noticed that fact about Winry's boobs... It's kind of strange. Is it because of many layers of warm clothes or something?

Maybe if Al can't paint over his blood seal he should use peace of metal to put it over. Winry could fix it in hermetic way. It would be solution of many problems.

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th July 2016 - 08:07 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css