HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Chapter 73 "Regular" Discussion Thread For First Time Readers (and Others), No future chapter spoilers here, please. :)
Sensenic
post Jul 18 2007, 06:29 AM
Post #61

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,694

QUOTE(AA battery @ Jul 16 2007, 11:15 AM) *
@Quote: Must say... very good point about Envy and ice. biggrin.gif

QUOTE(Tombow @ Jul 17 2007, 11:10 AM) *
Also, interesting point about Envy by Quote!!
It's true that Envy might be in Briggs already, or heading there now.

Second the praise to Quote's theory. Sounds very convincing, and indeed having Envy in the north would be "appropriate" for his supposed fate, indeed. happy.gif
Sounds much better to me than the "Winry is Envy" back at the time.

QUOTE(Sannom @ Jul 17 2007, 11:35 AM) *
Don't laugh with this, it's serious! Because if Roy tries to resurrect Hughes, then he would have taken a wrong path. And his orders to Riza are clear : if he was to take only one step on the wrong path, then she must shoot him from behind. And I'm sure that she will do it, even if reluctantly!

But I think that was rather meant in a political way, no? I mean, that Roy meant if he ever started showing tyrannical/power-abusive/dictatorial/autoritarian/younameit behaviour. Or put another way, if he started to show less and less care towards his subordinates.

But whatever, it's not like Roy will try to bring back Hughes, unless something changes drastically...

QUOTE(Amethyst Sunset @ Jul 18 2007, 02:26 AM) *
The order is lust, gluttony, greed, sloth, wrath, envy and pride. So we might have to wait awhile till Envy dies, but whoever this new Gluttony is, he or she or it may be next.

I don't think the order is being followed. It's true that so far the only dead one has been Lust, but Greed's death on boiling "oil" has already happened, repeating that would be kinda dull... Besides, I think Lingreed's fate is rather to survive, with Ling overcoming Greed within his own body.
And, arguably, Gluttony already suffered his punishment, swallowing (and later "puking" and regenerating from it) a snake/lizardy thing, Envy.

--------------------
貧乳神・・・
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Evileo
post Jul 18 2007, 08:56 AM
Post #62

Citizen

Member No.: 46,465

I have some speculations about 5th sacrifice:
Ling was inside Gluttony with Ed. To escape Ed had to call the real Gate. It means Ling has seen the Gate! Can Father use homunculus? He need HUMAN sacrifices. Homunculus is not human. But can it be possible that Ling is more human than homunculus yet. This is the point for hard thinking.
Oh! And is it only coincidence that Father choosing sacrifices and Ling!Greed are shown together on the page?

+Quote Post
The random alche...
post Jul 18 2007, 10:42 AM
Post #63

Alchemists

Member No.: 42,778

QUOTE(Amethyst Sunset @ Jul 17 2007, 05:26 PM) *
The order is lust, gluttony, greed, sloth, wrath, envy and pride. So we might have to wait awhile till Envy dies, but whoever this new Gluttony is, he or she or it may be next.

:| Gluttony was revived with a new body by father, he... apparently looks the same. A small version of him was seen briefly in chapter 57 if I remember correctly. So I'll note it again... really this needs its own tack: Gluttony is probably not going to be reborn into a human. He seeminly has a body created by father. We've seen his new body in a chapter.

Plus as another person noted, it seems Gluttony has already suffered his punishement, however personally I think the reborn Gluttony will probably die within a large amount of human coarpses (if I remember wikipedia's description it mentions the punishement for gluttons is being forced to eat vermon while surrounded by human waste.).

--------------------
Where there is random you shall find me : D

+Quote Post
Chibi_Girl29
post Jul 18 2007, 01:43 PM
Post #64

Apprentice

Member No.: 44,004

chapter 73 was not really well... good compared to the 72th

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alchemical
post Jul 18 2007, 02:44 PM
Post #65

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 44,852

Geez, all this talk of resurrection, who will be the 5th, and all the other jazz here is making me anticipate the next chapter even more! *needs 74*

But I did enjoy the chapter. I thought it was great! So many possibilities now...

+Quote Post
The New Fullmeta...
post Jul 18 2007, 06:52 PM
Post #66

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

From: A little place called love... or my head... whichever...
Member No.: 35,074

Oooh, theory time! It's been a while since I was last in these forums, but I did make some predictions that so far may end up being true, thanks to recent events! biggrin.gif

So, since this is a spoiler party, what's the basic scoop?

Most of my theories prior to ch. 70 (and well before) revolved around Winry and Riza being used as leverage against Ed and Roy, respectively. With Winry that was obvious from the get-go, but my Riza theory is making more and more sense! Mwahahaa!

Anyone care to fill me in on what the current discussion/argument is?

--------------------

awesome sig and avvy made w/ love by Nil-chan! Yaay! I'm your biggest fan! ^^
If you have attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by
drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

"Chicken Soup for the Royai Soul" - a ff.net C2 by FM-A.com people!

My fan-fiction, including the infamous Royai-themed "Adventures" series! :D

+Quote Post
Amalthea
post Jul 22 2007, 03:40 PM
Post #67

Alchemists

Member No.: 44,604

Great chapter. I was somewhat disappointed when I found out that Scar's kidnapping of Winry was only an act.

The scenes of Al witnessing his human form and the very end with Father contemplating over human sacrafices made me very happy to see; for a while this plotline in the Alps has been boring and has felt like it was drifting away from the core center of the story.

We've also found out that not only one sacrafice is needed, but FIVE.

Now the questions that are on all of our minds: Who will be the fifth human sacrafice and for what purpose?

--------------------

Thank you, Ms. Arakawa, for sharing this wonderful, enriching story that has affected so many of us!

+Quote Post
The random alche...
post Jul 22 2007, 08:56 PM
Post #68

Alchemists

Member No.: 42,778

QUOTE(Amalthea @ Jul 22 2007, 03:40 PM) *
Great chapter. I was somewhat disappointed when I found out that Scar's kidnapping of Winry was only an act.

The scenes of Al witnessing his human form and the very end with Father contemplating over human sacrafices made me very happy to see; for a while this plotline in the Alps has been boring and has felt like it was drifting away from the core center of the story.

We've also found out that not only one sacrafice is needed, but FIVE.

Now the questions that are on all of our minds: Who will be the fifth human sacrafice and for what purpose?

Hmmm... good question, maybe the only way to activate the circle and open the gate is with 5 people, at the same time, activating it. Also it seems most human sacrifices are very talented alchemist, suggesting that maybe only a person with extreme knowledge could successfully activate this unique array.

And quite possibly the 5th person would be maybe... hmm... Roy sounds like he could be since Arakawa has put so much importance into his character. Its very unlikely they'll introduce a new alchemist at this point either so he sounds like a strong possibility.

--------------------
Where there is random you shall find me : D

+Quote Post
*Yukiko
post Jul 23 2007, 10:16 PM
Post #69

Citizen

Member No.: 32,237

I personally don't think that Al's 'rejection' had anything to do with the snow or cold. I believe that Ed passing thru the gates to get out of Gluttony messed up his crossover spirit thing with Al's body. This has slowly been affecting Al's body to the point that it has to start calling it's soul back because the body can't take much more. Hence why Ed's been getting bigger.

Hohenheim could still be a sage even if he's being used as a human sacrifice. He does have the same philosopher's stone-y stuff in him that Father does, so maybe the requirement is just that you can perform alchemy without making arrays, not having seen the gates.

That being said, there still isn't a lot of information about what Hoho has been doing all these years in his attempt to stop Father's plans. Remember, he had to go deep in the mountains to a random very specific spot and spill some of the souls within him. Maybe he's creating an array overlapping Father's that will counter-act it?

About Ling being a possibility for a human sacrifice, I highly doubt it. First of all, there was no guarantee he SAW anything or if he did that he would remember it. He didn't seem to have any reaction after he got back indicating that he saw the gates or the Truth. Even if he had, he still couldn't be considered because he has no knowledge of alchemy. Even when you only clap your hands you still need to know how to use alchemy (like how Ed always goes over what the thing he's transmuting is made of).

Honestly, at this point theres just too many unknowns to say anything for sure. The next chapter definitely looks like it will reveal some good info, but we'll just have to wait and see!

EDIT: Also, this is just my feeling, that when Winry is about to be killed by someone, Scar will step in and die in her place. Don't know why, but I feel he will die trying to save her.

+Quote Post
His Name is Unkn...
post Jul 24 2007, 10:37 AM
Post #70

Apprentice

Member No.: 40,795

Also, this is just my feeling, that when Winry is about to be killed by someone, Scar will step in and die in her place. Don't know why, but I feel he will die trying to save her.

Well, I'll give you a good reason! tongue.gif

As we all know, there have been some interesting parallels between the manga and the anime in the form of subtle correspondances which become clearer in hindsight (for an example of what I'm talking about, compare Scar's use of a transmutation circle around the whole city of Lior to Father's use of a transmutation circle around the whole country of Armestris).

I was going to make a thread about this a while back, but I just became too involved in all things non-FMA to devote the time and research necessary.

Anyway, your idea of Scar jumping in front of Winry if she is attacked reminded me of the way Scar received his fatal blows in the anime...namely, taking a bullet (or two, or three biggrin.gif ) for Lust.

Once again, different time, different place, different people, but the feeling of the action is the same. Scar has a troubled history with Winry just as he had a troubled history with Lust, albeit to a greater degree (I'd say the soulless reincarnation of an unrequited love who had affections for your long dead brother takes the cake as far as the angst meter is concerned, although the whole killed your parents thing comes in a close second! rolleyes.gif ).

Even the dialogue in such a scene could be similar. In the anime, Lust says something to the effect of, "You fool, don't you know bullets have no effect on me," to which Scar responds, " I know, but my body has a will of its own." In the manga, a deathbed conversation between Winry and Scar might sound something like this...

Winry, "You know this doesn't make any difference, I still won't forgive you." (cruel, I admit)
Scar, "I know, but my body has a will of its own." (not wanting to admit to wanting to atone)

Anywho, just my two cents. I think your idea is very plausible!

+Quote Post
DefStatic
post Jul 28 2007, 12:37 PM
Post #71

Citizen

Member No.: 44,677

Didn't one of the high-ups or Wrath say they thought they could get Mustang to see the gates? Perhaps they are still hoping they can.

Either way, they could even throw in someone new at this point.

+Quote Post
AA battery
post Jul 29 2007, 01:45 AM
Post #72

Brigadier General

Member No.: 7,450

QUOTE(DefStatic @ Jul 28 2007, 12:37 PM) *
Didn't one of the high-ups or Wrath say they thought they could get Mustang to see the gates? Perhaps they are still hoping they can.

Yes, Wrath did. He said it when Father asked him why he let Lust to be killed.

--------------------
*June 11, 2013 - New Doujinshis Added*
Hi, I got a bunch of FMA merchandises (keychains, pencil boards, cards, figurines, book in figure red...etc) for sale at my LJ. Please visit my sale post here if interested! Thanks ^_^

+Quote Post
Chibi_Girl29
post Aug 3 2007, 01:23 AM
Post #73

Apprentice

Member No.: 44,004

biggrin.gif I can't wait too see the chapter 74 !Scar kidnapped winry !Is he really cooperating ?

--------------------

+Quote Post
misha-san
post Aug 5 2007, 02:39 PM
Post #74

Citizen

Member No.: 48,948

wowww you all have good theories!! laugh.gif

about the 5th human sacrifice, lust says in chapter 8 (i think) that Marcoh is another chosen to be a sacrifice. maybe its not that they have seen the truth but that they have enough knowledge and skill. I dont think its Ling... he doesnt know anything about alchemy he just wants immortality (which he already has being a homunculus and all) but he may be an important character later on.

And about Roy I really don't think he is going to sacrifice 5 persons to do something as a philosophers stone, unless he has a hidden ambition which I dont think he has (maybe).
Or the homunculi will trick him to do it.

I think that winry's earrings will help Ed too. Like Envy turns into Winry WITH the earrings and Ed notices thus a battle occurs, Envy may defreeze Sloth and carve a "bloody crest on Briggs."

First time on this forum but its really good!!
I don't really think my theories are well built but anyways... biggrin.gif

Attached File(s)
Attached File  fma_artbook_78.jpg ( 189.71K ) Number of downloads: 17

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Aug 7 2007, 03:44 PM
Post #75

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

So, since Nepharski has been MIA to make the prediction thread for upcoming chapters, I guess we will talk about upcoming chapter here like we used to do.
Chapter 74 is supposed to be out in just several days, (scheduled to come out in Japan on Aug. 11,) and my wild guess is... we will see some scenes from the Central??
(Actually, it's more of my wishful thinking than a wild guess. tongue.gif )

OT: BTW, welcome, misha-san and all other people who are new to FMA manga forum!!
@misha-san - WELCOME to our board!! If you like, come to Newcomers thread and post your "hi"!! ^^ And, this thread (go down on second post) shows how to add pics to your sig.
If you have more questions, you can post on Newcomers thread or on Question thread. biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th July 2016 - 07:07 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css