HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2007 Royai Day Fanfic/ Drabble/ Haiku/ Poem Flood!, Please post your Royai Fanfics, Drabbles, Haiku, and Poems!!
Tombow
post Jun 14 2007, 11:39 PM
Post #16

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

@Menelvir - Thank you for writing those for Royai Day!! I enjoyed reading them very much!! ^^

@Amethyst Sunset - Chapter 7 and still going!! Nice jobs!! Looking forward to reading the rest!!

Here are my Royai Day Japanese Haiku:

1. Setting: FMA "Shambara" movie.
Riza is in Central, while demoted Roy is guarding the remote post.
Riza sees the migrating ducks in a formation in the sky, and ponder...

渡り鴨 (わたりがも= watari.gamo) 綴れし (つづれし=tsuzure.shi) 想い(おもい=omoi) 運ぺしや(はこぺしや=hakobeshiya)

"Oh migrating ducks who are heading back, just as you're lining up one after another in the sky, I have these thoughts one after another in my mind (about him.) Would you take the letters I wrote with all my thoughts to him with you??"

(And, in the tradition of "kakekotoba," hakobe means "carry," but also implying another Japanese word hakobe=burden, invoking the thought for "burden [of guilt??]" Roy is [assumed to be] imposing on himself. ^^)

---------------------------

2. Setting: FMA Anime episode 25.
After the Hughes' funeral, after all others have left, Roy and Riza are standing alone by the Hughes' tombstone. Riza is standing behind Roy. On Roy's back, Riza sees the loneliness & sadness of having lost his best friend. Without turning, Roy tells Riza, "It is going to rain..." (it's sad, yet one of my favorite Royai scenes... ^^)

友去りて (とも.さりて=tomo.sarite) 立つ背の碧は(たつ.せ.の.そら.は=tatsu.se.no.sora.wa) 雨模様(あま.もよう=ama.moyou)

"His friend is gone. He is standing by the tomb, wearing sadness on his back. The blue sky. Yet, he tells me it feels like it will be rain ahead."

(The Chinese letter applied to the word "sora"=sky is not the traditional one, but 碧, implying blue sky. And, as a "kakekotoba" .... 立つ (tatsu=stand) is invoking the word 発つ (tatsu=depart,) implying the departure of Houghes from this life. ^^)

----------------------------

3. Setting: FMA manga.
Riza is now taken as a hostage and taken away from Roy. His thoughts often wonders away to how she's doing. While being separated, Roy befriends an old flower shop lady. Since then, there is a bouquet of flower sent every week from her flower shop to Riza. By an arrangement, that is a message from Roy to Riza that he is alive and doing fine (and thinking of her... always.)

質なりて (かて.なりて=kate.narite) 馳せる (はせる=haseru) 山椒魚に (さんしょ.に= sansho.ni) 花便り (はな.だより=hana.dayoru)

"Being taken away as a hostage, my thought wonders over to my lady with the Salamander.. I'm sending you my flower message."

質(kate) in this case means 人質(hitojichi=hostage.) 馳せる(haseru) in this case means [想い/思い] を 馳せる (omoi wo haseru=wonders thoughts.) 山椒魚(さんしょ=sansho) is a shortened form of さんしょううお(sanshou.uo=Salamander.) 花便り(hanatayouri/hanadayori) in this case means both message by flower, and Hanadayori as in "good news"
And, as for "lady with Salamander," it's a Spoiler for the last page of Chapter 57! ^^

Came out appropriately Royai, for the Royai Day!! YES!! biggrin.gif

Note: Oh, and for people with the school of thoughts that each Japanese Haiku is supposed to include kigo (topic word with natural seasonal event, or weather,) for the first Haikku it is migrating ducks, for the second Haiku it is Hanadayori, which, in original meaning, is a news of blossoming of cherry trees, and for the last Haiku it is the sky with the rain clouds. biggrin.gif

--------------------

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Menelvir
post Jun 18 2007, 10:31 AM
Post #17

Alchemists

Group: Members
Member No.: 46,907

Aww, Tombow, you're just saying that to make me happy! *blushes*

Here's sharpshooter_riza_hawkeye's Confessions of a Brigadier General, as per request of Tombow, who didn't want to double post! This is posted with permission of sharpshooter herself.

(Sharpshooter, if you would like to have the honours of posting this up yourself, I can take this down~ happy.gif)

--------------------

~A painless lesson is one without any meaning; There is no coming to consciousness without pain~

Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit.

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Jun 20 2007, 03:08 AM
Post #18

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

^^ Thanks, Menelvir!! And, nop, I really enjoy reading yours!! happy.gif

And, here is the preliminary compilation of this year's
Royai Day fanfic/poem/Haiku contributions for The 2007 Royai Day Album

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Morning Gaze (post #4) - A Royai drabble by Zachelle
Sick as a Dog - A Royai one shot by Amethyst Sunset
I Talk to the Rain - A Royai single shot by Amethyst Sunset.
Since Everything - A Royai one shot by Reta McClain.
June Eleven, Nineteen-Oh-Eight - A Royai Day one shot by N.C. Stormeye.
Love in a Life: Part 1 , Part 2 , Part 3 - A 3 part Royai Day fanfic by Menelvir
Springtime Serenade: Part 1 (Adagio), Part 2 (Vivace) - A Royai fanfic by Menelvir
Twilight in Trissamé - A 9 chapter Royai "alternate Universe" fic by Amethyst Sunset.
Becoming the Fuhrer - A 13 chapter fanfic with Royai/other pairings by Amethyst Sunset.
Confessions of a Brigadier General - A 15 chapter "post episode 51" Royai fic by sharpshooter_riza_hawkeye.
Illegitimate Child - A 19 chapter fanfic with Royai/other pairings by Chiyo

Fire and Steel (post #10) - A Royai sonnet by Menelvir.
Royai Haiku Collection by Amethyst Sunset:
Royai Japanese Haiku Collection (post #16) by Tombow

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ETA: We have some more post Royai Day contribution. I'll add them as soon as they become available. ^^

I think I'm still missing some fics from the list..
(I know I need to add Stormie's awesome creation!! ^^ ) It's added. ^^
If yours is missing from the list, please kindly post and let me know!! ^^

And, to everyone who'd contributed his/her Royai creations to this year's 2007 Royai Day Album.. thank you so much for your wonderful contributions!! happy.gif

ETA: Thank you, Amethyst Sunset!! I added them!! happy.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Amethyst Sunset
post Jun 20 2007, 05:03 AM
Post #19

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 38,435

Because I'm such a good girl... XD

Here is Stormie's contribution. ^^ *dug it up from her review history on FF.net*

Hopefully I can squeeze in one more contribution. XDDDD

All the rain may fall
But it will never dissolve
Roy's love for Riza.

--------------------

+Quote Post
sharpshooter_riz...
post Jul 31 2007, 07:28 AM
Post #20

Apprentice

Member No.: 39,618

Thank for posting it for me Menelvir! I hope everyone enjoys the Confessions duo I have! I enjoyed writing them, so I hope you enjoy reading them.

And let me just say, everyone's contributions to this album were absolutely wonderful!

--------------------
Roy: Just in case, if something happens to me, go and escape on your own.
Riza: I don't want to.
Roy: It's an order.
Riza: I can't consent to that.
Roy: Stubborn, aren't you?
Riza: I like to say that I have an honest personality.
~*~*~*Riza Victoria Hawkeye Mustang*~*~*

Fanfics by me can be found here: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/779381/1st_Lie...nt_Riza_Hawkeye

+Quote Post
Edamame
post Jul 31 2007, 07:59 AM
Post #21

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 38,530

Tombow: The haiku that you have written are gorgeous. Haiku is such an incredibly difficult form of writing, but you have captured so much emotion with your words. Many people think that haiku are simple to write, but only a well-written haiku can tell an entire story. Your haiku are just as beautiful in their original Japanese; I love how the words have a double meaning. Great job!

Amethyst: I love your last haiku about the rain being unable to dissolve the strong love between Roy and Riza. It creates a really nice image in the mind of the reader. A truly lovely haiku.

~This is such a great idea. I will have to go and read all of these great haiku, fanfictions, and sonnets. Keep up the great work everyone.

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th August 2016 - 03:25 PM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css