HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Transmutation Circles On FMA, All Related Information Goes Here, (except Tattoo Discussions)
Guest_ped_deus_*
post Feb 17 2005, 05:14 PM
Post #31

Guests

enter there: http://www.fullmetalalchemist.info/alchemy.html
a lot of transmutation circles
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
HYDROGEN ALCHEMI...
post Mar 9 2005, 09:17 AM
Post #32

Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,561

QUOTE(Guest @ Dec 22 2004, 07:10 PM)
[img=http://img61.exs.cx/img61/3217/transmutationcircle6tm.th.gif]
Heres the picture.
[snapback]64332[/snapback]

Ubercool Schema!
Thanks much, whomever U are.

+Quote Post
Kyo_Umerio
post Mar 22 2005, 11:04 PM
Post #33

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 9,505

Does anyone happen to have a PERFECT pic of Roy's Alchemy Circle? not TOO big, i need it to be jsut big enough so that i can sew or draw it onto the back of a glove, or get it tattooed on my shoulder (not sure if i'm doing that yet happy.gif;;)

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
FMA JPD
post Jun 9 2005, 12:36 PM
Post #34

Apprentice

Member No.: 13,894

This is as best I got. Should at least give you a good idea of what it looks like
Attached File(s)
Attached File  fma15_02.jpg ( 9.08K ) Number of downloads: 223

--------------------
.::Current::.
IPB Image
.::Latest::.
IPB Image

+Quote Post
gseed
post Jun 14 2005, 06:21 PM
Post #35

Apprentice

Member No.: 13,731

You making a cosplay? Oh and getting it tatooed on your sholder would be pretty cool, except when you become older wink.gif

--------------------
<Your sig is too large (long) for our board. Max sig size for our board is 500 pix wide and 300 pix high. Could you shrink your sig a bit?? ^^>

http://img399.imageshack.us/img399/798/gseedcloud26vp.jpg

+Quote Post
Mistress of Dark...
post Jun 23 2005, 11:53 AM
Post #36

Citizen

Member No.: 15,700

Does anyone know what the words around the array for the Human transmutation circle are? There's an attached picture I got off the Japanese movie site (Print screen? Oh yeah). I was just curious if anyone knew what it said.</span>
Attached File(s)
Attached File  Hagaren___circle.bmp ( 1.01MB ) Number of downloads: 397

--------------------
Guess what. I turned off the option to view signatures. *grin*

+Quote Post
Guest_Guest_*
post Jul 13 2005, 02:23 AM
Post #37

Guests

Does anyone know what the words around the array for the Human transmutation circle are? There's an attached picture I got off the Japanese movie site (Print screen? Oh yeah). I was just curious if anyone knew what it said.

the inner most circle says:

Pale white and black with false citrine, imprefect white and red, The peacock's feathers in bright colours, the rainbow

the next circle says:

Pale white and black with false citrine, imprefect white and red, The peacock's feathers in bright colours, the rainbow in the sky above, The spotted panther, the green lion, the crow's beak blue as lead, These shall appear

the upper left semicircle:
after the perfect white follows the grey and

the upper right semicircle:
Pale white and black with false citrine imp (word cuts off)

bottom semircircle:
And afterthe there shall appear the substance

outer circle:
Pale white and black with false citrine, imprefect white and red, The peacock's feathers in bright colours, the rainbow in the sky above, The spotted panther, the green lion, the crow's beak blue as lead, These shall appear before you in perfect white.

and a breakdown of the symbols in the circle:

the upper left is a symbol for Copper and the planet Venus
the bottom left is a symbol for Iron and the planet Mars
the bottom right is ALMOST the symbol for lead but it could be just an ornate representation; it also looks like the symbol for Saturn

and that's the best I can make of it.

and for those of you concerned with real alchemy, this is about all I know on the subject:
Alchemy's main goal, was transforming base metals (copper, tin, iron, etc) into gold, the purest of all metals; Egyptians came up with it, but were conquered by Greece and then later the Arabs, Christians came down to evangelize and took the knowledge of alchemy back up there with them, and viola, there it is.

They dabbled in transmutation by first, distilling plants or urine to get concentrated nitric and hydrochloric acids and then dissolving metals to get other things; I don't remember much of chem class, but I do remember that if you mix copper and nitric acid you get something else; sounds like a transmutation to me.

Things get interesting when you include stuff like The Philosopher's stone and Transmutation circles; the symbols were used for various formulae (formulas) and were modeled after astronomic symbols that the greeks invented (the symbol for male is the symbol for Mars, the symbol for female is the symbol for Venus; this stuff's been around forever!). Geometric patterns establish a tangible feeling for an abstract idea; 7 for the planets, 12 for the different types of reactions, 4 for the basic elements (earth, wind, water fire), and 3 (triangles are a common element of mysticism)

When it comes down to it, alchemists in the past weren't magical and they weren't sorcerers, but they were a little bit mystic and a bit more down to earth (puuuuun) then most; just curious/bored scientists blindly groaping about a field of science that, for them, was not scientific at all.

So to recap: Alchemy is "I'll mix this with that and I hope I get gold" chemestry and the circles look cool

+Quote Post
lordentropy
post Jul 18 2005, 10:04 PM
Post #38

Citizen

Member No.: 17,307

QUOTE(Guest @ Jul 13 2005, 09:28 PM)
omg, thanks so much, but how did you find that out? lol
[snapback]212709[/snapback]

I have a hi-res copy of the big human transmutation circle that the kids use in episode 2, I zoomed in w/ Photoshop and typed what I saw; as for the symbols you can find that stuff in books dealing w/ Astronomy, Astrology and Chemistry, but most textbooks omit symbolic representation of the elements, prefering you should learn them by their name.

Alchemy is not a dead science... I am 21 yrs old and go to Tram College, a college for the Esteric Arts (Alchemy.) Alchemy does use circles, big ones, small ones, any kind. You can transmute thing from broken down structures(matter) using spiritual energy. I'll check back in in a week to answer any questions. P.S. My Alchemist "code name" was given to me because of a lightning Alchemical reaction. They replaced my bones with metal ones.

Uh...alright, then. dry.gif

+Quote Post
post Jul 19 2005, 12:41 PM
Post #39

Citizen

Member No.: 4,586

go here

--------------------

+Quote Post
-Hitokiri-
post Sep 4 2005, 05:13 PM
Post #40

Citizen

Member No.: 21,897

lol Please someone give him and address of a website with Alchemy Cicle Pics, hehehe. tongue.gif

I could use it too to make one of those Circles a sticker and put it in my car, lol. cool.gif

But i need someone with great knowledge of them to explain me EVERYTHING about them, so i can choose wisely. biggrin.gif

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
Guest_Darkness1246_*
post Sep 9 2005, 03:09 PM
Post #41

Guests

Well Actually transmutation circles were now thought of by full metal alchemist.
It used to be an old mith.

+Quote Post
A Song of Storm ...
post Sep 14 2005, 08:26 AM
Post #42

Citizen

Member No.: 22,564

Um...I honestly couldn't find the answer to this question and I've been searching for hours on end.

Does anyone know what the human transmutation circle says? I can read a few words of it on my FMA hoodie but it's just too small to see. Does anyone know where I can find it?

--------------------
IPB Image
IPB Image

+Quote Post
sakrash
post Oct 8 2005, 08:42 AM
Post #43

Citizen

Member No.: 23,512

[font=Verdana] Isn't this forum about Transmutation Circles?? Well anyway... if i decide to get a tatoo, maybe I would get a chinese character that sybolizes love on my left arm... but that would never happen

Oh yeah.. Pictures in Saiyuki and FMA are kind of cool also... great advice... I'm sure I would think FMA as corny when I get older...
Attached File(s)
Attached File  ygnjrfysw.bmp ( 82.12K ) Number of downloads: 82

+Quote Post
Guest_twitch_*
post Oct 18 2005, 04:55 PM
Post #44

Guests

QUOTE(hagane_no_tokage @ Nov 26 2004, 07:16 PM) [snapback]40567[/snapback]

i've actually been looking for the same thing msyelf... T_T can't find a site that has them!!! i wanna do sme body art, but i can't find any good reference pics.... mad.gif

http://www.fullmetalalchemist.info/alchemy.html

+Quote Post
Katana Alchemist
post Oct 28 2005, 12:57 PM
Post #45

Citizen

Member No.: 17,512

i'm not going to wade through all these pages, so apologies if this has been posted already, but an excellent page for this is http://www.fullmetalalchemist.info/alchemy.html

ha, i guess that all i had to do was look at the entry right before mine.
i don't mean to lecture you, but everyone is right about tattoos.

however, a lot of the circles incorporate shapes and such from mythology. for example the ourobouros (sp?) has many many connotations: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ouroboros mostly it is known for a symbol of the cyclical nature of life.

the pentagram you might want to be a little careful about getting, especially how it's oriented on your body. if two points are going upwards and one downward, it can be a symbol satan.

what are your personal beliefs?
see if you can find a tattoo that represents them. even if you outgrow fma, the symbol can still mean something important to you.

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th June 2016 - 03:44 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css