HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Favorite FMA Eye Style/color?, Odd topic, but thought provoking, huh?
Favorite eye style?
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 132
Guests cannot vote 
Fushi
post May 12 2007, 01:16 PM
Post #31

Lt. General

Group: Members
Member No.: 37,703

QUOTE(Becca)
Maes has this wonderful colour of light green that looks really vibrant and just seems to stand out.

Okay this has been bothering me for a long time, but are they green in the manga? I've never seen a coloured manga pic of him where I could tell his eye colour, and in the anime, they're yellow. blink.gif

And here I thought the majority of Hyuroi artists were just incompedent fans not getting their colours right. o_o; (still not impressed with the people who give him blue eyes tho)

--------------------
My icon comm

"I can't stand RoyxHughes (he's married and has a daughter!)"
Popo: "Brace for Fushi! *cowers*"

Huge Maes Hughes fan. In fact I'm even the Maes Hughes of livejournal. Really. Look for me under "M"
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Becca-chan
post May 12 2007, 01:53 PM
Post #32

Alchemists

Member No.: 39,345

QUOTE(Fushigi Rockna @ May 12 2007, 09:16 PM) [snapback]542053[/snapback]
QUOTE(Becca)
Maes has this wonderful colour of light green that looks really vibrant and just seems to stand out.

Okay this has been bothering me for a long time, but are they green in the manga? I've never seen a coloured manga pic of him where I could tell his eye colour, and in the anime, they're yellow. blink.gif

And here I thought the majority of Hyuroi artists were just incompedent fans not getting their colours right. o_o; (still not impressed with the people who give him blue eyes tho)

I'm not 100% sure myself O_o` it's just that my little sister seemed to think that they're light green ( I did originally put ' his eyes are either light green or this gold-like colour' but decided on the first option ^^; ) then again.. she also thinks that Gracia's eyes are blue.

--------------------
Becca-chan; Your local Tucker addict...I am 100% sane, I swear! O.O;

+Quote Post
Alchemical
post May 12 2007, 05:18 PM
Post #33

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 44,852

QUOTE(Becca-chan @ May 12 2007, 04:53 PM) [snapback]542065[/snapback]
QUOTE(Fushigi Rockna @ May 12 2007, 09:16 PM) [snapback]542053[/snapback]
QUOTE(Becca)

I'm not 100% sure myself O_o` it's just that my little sister seemed to think that they're light green ( I did originally put ' his eyes are either light green or this gold-like colour' but decided on the first option ^^; ) then again.. she also thinks that Gracia's eyes are blue.

I've always thought his eyes were a dull yellow or green. Really, I always preferred his eye color from the anime rather than the manga.

+Quote Post
Chiyo
post May 13 2007, 07:17 AM
Post #34

Moderator Emeritus

Member No.: 6,466

If we call his eyes khaki, everyones happy, as khaki can be yellowey olive-like brownish and we get all the colours into one word.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Chyou
post May 31 2007, 11:57 PM
Post #35

Citizen

Member No.: 44,088

For me, both Ed and Al. More in the manga though, since they both have gold eyes (whyyy? Whyyy did they change that in the anime?!)

+Quote Post
Amalthea
post Jun 3 2007, 08:19 PM
Post #36

Alchemists

Member No.: 44,604

Hughes has blue eyes in the manga. Look at the picture I posted in the image gallery if you want proof.

I like Gracia's and Elicia's a lot. Nice green color.

Chyou: I noticed that Al has a different hair and eye color in the anime than in the manga, too. That's common with many series. Sort of like how Envy has black hair in the manga but greenish/black in the anime. I don't know why they do that.

--------------------

Thank you, Ms. Arakawa, for sharing this wonderful, enriching story that has affected so many of us!

+Quote Post
That One Dude
post Jun 3 2007, 08:44 PM
Post #37

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 46,559

Haaaa, what a relief. *voted for scar*

Hughes has blue eyes in the manga?? Oh, but I think they look really nice as a gold/yellow green color, I can't really imagine Hughes with blue eyes.

--------------------
You aren't scared, are you?

+Quote Post
Chyou
post Jun 3 2007, 10:54 PM
Post #38

Citizen

Member No.: 44,088

QUOTE(Amalthea @ Jun 3 2007, 08:19 PM) [snapback]549646[/snapback]
Hughes has blue eyes in the manga. Look at the picture I posted in the image gallery if you want proof.

Chyou: I noticed that Al has a different hair and eye color in the anime than in the manga, too. That's common with many series. Sort of like how Envy has black hair in the manga but greenish/black in the anime. I don't know why they do that.

They did change Envy's hair color didnt they? *sigh* oh well, artistic liberty I suppose.
Yeah Hughes' eyes are blue in the manga. I forget, what color are they in the anime?

+Quote Post
Menelvir
post Jun 4 2007, 02:12 AM
Post #39

Alchemists

Member No.: 46,907

QUOTE(Chyou @ Jun 4 2007, 01:54 PM) [snapback]549662[/snapback]
QUOTE(Amalthea @ Jun 3 2007, 08:19 PM) [snapback]549646[/snapback]

They did change Envy's hair color didnt they? *sigh* oh well, artistic liberty I suppose.
Yeah Hughes' eyes are blue in the manga. I forget, what color are they in the anime?

Umm... I think they're green in the anime. But never mind the colour, I love the expression, so suave, so calm, like he doesn't have a care in the world. Then he switches from "Look at my daughter's photo, isn't she so cute??" mode to serious mode, and you see something else in his eyes: concern for Ed, for Roy, or the dangerous "touch him and you die" look.

--------------------

~A painless lesson is one without any meaning; There is no coming to consciousness without pain~

Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit.

+Quote Post
~Kurenai~
post Jun 20 2007, 04:06 PM
Post #40

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 36,779

definitely Ed. His eyes are so expressive.

+Quote Post
Fushi
post Jun 20 2007, 05:13 PM
Post #41

Lt. General

Oh really?! O:

Actually, I noticed that recently on one of the pictures in the gallery...it was probably one you uploaded. XD

Umm... I think they're green in the anime.

NOES! YELLOW! D:

Fushi searched for a big enough close up to tell! D:
They appear gold to me, maybe with a hint of brown or green or grey or whatever, but definitely gold.

--------------------
My icon comm

Huge Maes Hughes fan. In fact I'm even the Maes Hughes of livejournal. Really. Look for me under "M"

+Quote Post
Chibi_Girl29
post Jul 11 2007, 12:47 PM
Post #42

Apprentice

Member No.: 44,004

ed ones !

--------------------

+Quote Post
Evileo
post Jul 28 2007, 12:48 PM
Post #43

Citizen

Member No.: 46,465

Favorite eye style is Ed's eye style. But as for eye color it's different. I like dark eyes. So I had to go with Roy.

Oh! I read something about Roy's eyes being dark BLUE. Is that really so? If it is then I'll have to review my choice...Never liked blue eyes. Dark brown or black are my favorite.

So what do you think about Roy's eye color? Black or dark blue?

+Quote Post
Automne
post Jul 28 2007, 12:54 PM
Post #44

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 13,171

QUOTE(Evileo Posted Today @ 12:48 PM)

I'm almost tempted to link you to the wank there was about it...

--------------------

mspaint_lolz on livejournal

'Buffy and Angel had gone out before and Buffy wasn't really comfortable talking to Spike and Angel at the same time, because now Spike and Buffy had been going out for 6 months and Buffy was afraid that Angel might tell Spike that him and Buffy went out, but it turns out that Angel had told Spike that they went out, Spike was heartbroken that Buffy never told him that they went out, so Spike broke up with Buffy to get back at her for not telling him that Angel and Buffy went out.'

-NOT MINE

TEH BESTEST (AND MOST FRENCH) ROMANCE EVAR

+Quote Post
Fushi
post Jul 29 2007, 09:01 AM
Post #45

Lt. General

QUOTE(Evileo @ Jul 28 2007, 01:48 PM) *
Oh! I read something about Roy's eyes being dark BLUE. Is that really so? If it is then I'll have to review my choice...Never liked blue eyes. Dark brown or black are my favorite.

I mentioned all that in this post, and described what I thought.

I'm almost tempted to link you to the wank there was about it...

You mean the one on LJ? XD

Btw, there's one picture that shows Roy with blue eyes. But ONLY one. Every other one shows him with black. So I'd go with the majority. ;3

--------------------
My icon comm

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th July 2016 - 11:46 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css