HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

12 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Chapter 70 "Regular" Discussion Thread For First Time Readers (and Others), No future chapter spoilers here, please. :)
Reta McClain
post Apr 8 2007, 10:06 PM
Post #16

State Alchemist (Major)

Group: Members
Member No.: 40,803

QUOTE(The random alchemist @ Apr 9 2007, 04:22 AM) [snapback]527268[/snapback]
QUOTE(AA battery @ Apr 8 2007, 12:14 AM) [snapback]526948[/snapback]
Yeah, Roy Mustang isn't gay and he LOVES WOMEN! Fangirls should get that point straight. >=E

Agreed, Roy loves women especially Riza which one day he will marry and make fire gun loving babies D:<

And their oldest son will be named Aidan xD

Can't wait to read this chapteeeeer....

--------------------

Adobe Photoshop Elements is my friend^^
My FanFiction.Net account
A Fangirl of Good Looking Fullmetal Alchemist Men = FGLFMAM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
roJu
post Apr 9 2007, 05:14 AM
Post #17

Citizen

Member No.: 45,751

if you think about it, it's chapter 70 already!!

when chapter 60 was on it's way, the past stories probably made us think

'chapter 60, huh. Well, that's not that much, since Arakawa-sensei is drawing about past...'
Well, for me, it was sort of something like that, which made me feel that there was heck of a lot of stories to be untied before beginning to see the end.

But now, like Nepharski said, since we learned that we should never leave children alone with our dear Kimbly,
things are probably going to be turning out more interesting.

+Quote Post
kuzon234ray
post Apr 9 2007, 03:51 PM
Post #18

Citizen

Member No.: 45,687

Only a couple more days, then I can go begging around for people to give summeries.*lives in US and only can speak one language which is English*

--------------------

Both sig and icon are creadit to Nil-Chan.

+Quote Post
Jen_Elric
post Apr 9 2007, 06:45 PM
Post #19

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 9,551

Bravo, Nepharski! Another awesome opening summary, and a great omake, too! I would love more of those!

Can't wait for this chapter!

--------------------

Phyco-girl made my siggy! She's so cool! ^_^
My Family! (Wanna join the Elric family? Please PM me and I'll add you to the family list!)
Little Sisters: ~.:Anime Gal:.~, ~FMAgurl~, Kit, Azura Elric, chocolate_eds_everywhere, Kakashi's#1 girlfriend, FullMetalAlchemist01FAN, Kal Rommel
Brothers:«°~Envy™~°», Mustang's apprentice, niagra flame, Jamal Mana alchemist, bloodlust alchemist

+Quote Post
Kenji
post Apr 9 2007, 10:10 PM
Post #20

Brigadier General

Member No.: 44,341

May I know Chapter 70 is in which volume?

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Apr 9 2007, 10:19 PM
Post #21

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

QUOTE(Kenji @ Apr 10 2007, 01:10 AM) [snapback]527785[/snapback]
May I know Chapter 70 is in which volume?

@Kenji - Most likely... chapter 18.
(Chapter 66 ~ 69 for Vol 17, and chapter 70 will be in Vol 18, I guess.) smile.gif
For FMA manga volumes, you can check out FMA manga chapters & volumes. biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Zolf Kimbley
post Apr 10 2007, 10:00 AM
Post #22

Citizen

Member No.: 44,295

I really can't wait for this chapter! She knows just when to leave us hanging every time! i feel like getting in bed extra early lately to end the day quicker! I'm such a fanatic.

--------------------

+Quote Post
HisshouBuraiKen
post Apr 10 2007, 11:04 AM
Post #23

Apprentice

Member No.: 40,851

Chapter 70 is out!

http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11377

HUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE SPOILER:
Page 39 Translation: I am the "original homonculus"...My name is "Pride".

Full translation should be done tonight.

+Quote Post
Nekokitty
post Apr 10 2007, 11:28 AM
Post #24

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 36,425

It's already out?! O_o
Thanks for sharing, HisshouBuraiKen.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Apr 10 2007, 11:54 AM
Post #25

Group Icon

Thank you!!! *goes to DL*!!!!! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
paca
post Apr 10 2007, 11:56 AM
Post #26

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 34,936

Thanks!!!
Really interesting chapter ñ_ñ
>_< I want to know what are they saying!!!!

--------------------
......if you continue to wish with that strength, the dream will become reality.........

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Apr 10 2007, 11:59 AM
Post #27

Group Icon

~ Chapter 70 Spoiler Party! Chilling development for the FMA story!!! ~

Edwin fans, you can't miss this chapter!!!
Actually, NOBODY should miss this chapter!!! The chapter contains HUGE revealing!!!!
This chapter is loaded with stuff to talk about, IMO!! Let the discussions begin!! ^^

Page by Page Summaries for Chapter 70!!
(As usual, this is meant for summary only!! For more detailed translations, please refer to the translations/scanlations for this chapter!! ^^)

Chapter 70: "The Beginning/Original Homunculus"

Page 1: The chapter starts with the quick flashback to "Kimbley coming to pick up Winry" scene. Winry is heavily guarded by solders from Briggs, and waiting at the station. Door opens and Kimbley enters.

Page 2: Kimbley politely introduces himself, takes Winry's luggage, and leads her to the car.
While riding to the North Fort, Kimbley strikes conversation with Winry, casually starts talking about her parents. Kimbley: You're from Risenbool, Miss Rockbell?? ..Führer told me. ...
He continues: "Mademoiselle, your parents were Doctors who lost their lives in Ishval, correct??"

Page 3: Kimbley goes on: "My party was the one that collected their bodies. We couldn't get there in time to protect them. When I got there, they were already... by Ishivalan... They lived for their principle, to the end. I wish I could have met them while they were alive.."

Page 4: Kimbley continues: "The picture... they were holding a picture, of them with a pretty young girl. That.. was you, right, Mademoiselle??" I'm honored to meet you, Miss Winry Rockbell!"

The chpater title: Chapter 70: "The First/Beginning/Original Homunculus"

Page 5: The scene switches to Winry attaching a new Automail on Ed as the guards and Kimbley keep eyes on them. Winry: If you were coming to the North, you should have said so!!"
Ed: "We were in a hurry!!" Winry: "You two were ALWAYS in a hurry!! In addition, why in the world you are kept in a jail??!! What have you done??!! And, you'd better tell me honestly!!"
Ed: "Well.. yeah.. this and that...."
Kimbley answers for Ed: "That was a simple misunderstanding."

Page 6: Kimbley takes over the conversation and starts talking sweetly to Winry: "Be assured, Miss Winry, the Fullmetal Alchemist will be out of jail shortly. I'll take care of the paperwork later." Winry: "Really?? Thank you, Mr. Kimbley!!" Winry buys into his nicety.. "That's good!! Please take good care of them (Ed and Al)!!"
Ed pulls Winry's hair to get her attention and whispers to her: "Don't trust Kimbley that wholeheartedly!" Winry: "Eh?? Why??!! He's such a gentleman, and seems a good person. He had a friendly view for my parents, too." Ed: "Gentleman? His story about the Ishival??" "!!" As he talks, Ed realizes something...

Page 7: Ed remembers the time Riza told him about Ishvalan war, and recalls her words "I can talk about it only from my point of view," and realizes what he heard then was the Ishival war told from Riza's perception... as his memory wonders into that night's conversation with Riza, he remembers of Riza telling him point blank, "You like Winry-chan, don't you?!! Don't you? Don't you?.... " and going into panic!! Ed: Gaaahhhh, just remembered something I shouldn't have now!! And, Ed runs away from Winry and tries to calm himself. Ed: Calm down.. calm down Edward Elric... think something else... uh.. Ed starts citing Elements... : "Helium, Lithium, Carbon, ...." Winry and Kimbley watch him, perplexed. Kimbley: "Is his head all right??"

Page 8: As Ed tries to concentrate his minds on citing the Element, Winry concludes: "Hopeless. (Note: as in 'what a basket case!!' XDDD) " and she mutters: "Sigh.. Why have I fallen in love with such an weirdo!!??"
Ed: "Eh?? Did you say something??" Winry: "Nothing!!" And Winry goes back to work, and roughly attaches the new Automail to Ed. Ed: "Ouch!!! You!! You'd better tell ME before you connect the nerves!!" Winry ignores that completely: "The leg next!!"
(Note: Edwin fans, we got the concrete evidence!!! ^^)

Page 9: The operation is complete, and Ed is equipped with new Automails. Ed comments on how light they feel. Ed: "Men, they feel unfamiliarly light!! Are you sure these are strong enough??" Winry: " Yap, they are!! The overall strength is down compared to the previous ones, but these are reinforced at key sections. If you are worried, I can attach extra shin guard. And, let's change the shoes next...."
As they continue, Buccaneer enters.

Page 10: Buccaneer looks at Ed. Buccaneer: "Why are you out of jail??" Ed: "It's the power of State Alchemist." Buccaneer: "Ha, switching to the cold climate Automail belatedly??" Ed: "And, you're changing to a new model?? And Buccaneer shows off his new Automail: "Oh yes, blah blah new and improved M1910, the Great Mad Bear!!" Winry admires his Automail: "Wow, awesome!! Reinforced craws!! Are they using diamonds??" While unimpressed Kimbley and Ed looks on. Winry: "Ed, wouldn't you like to have one like that on yours, too??" Ed: "No thank you!" Kimbley: "It's hard for me to understand the excitement as well."

Page 11: Buccaneer sees that cute Winry is Ed's Automail mechanic, gets mad at Ed for having a cute girl as his mechanic, punches Ed and leaves... Buccaneer's mechanic gets happy seeing a girl, and invites Winry to show his work place.

Page 12: Ed advises Winry who are leaving with Buccaneer's mechanic, to be careful. Winry is excited to get the chance to learn more about the Automails for the Northern climate.

Page 13: Winry is hard at work, taking notes about Automails for the Northern climate.
Kimbley: "She is very much into her work, as her parents were. I like her." Ed goes to moment of "whoa!!??" for that comment. And Kimbley assures: "Don't worry, I'm not into the 'Lolita Complex' ." (Note: XDDD) Kimbley gets down to business: "Well, as you are now equipped with your new Aotomail, thanks to miss Winry..

Page 14: Kimbley continues: "Now, let's talk about the business, Mr. Fullmetal Alchemist."

Page 15: Meantime, Al is still in the jail. Al is being told that it is by Kimbley's order to keep him in jail. Al realizes Kimbley is trying to prevent Ed and Al to act together, and sees the "thoroughness" of their plan, and ponders..

Page 16: Al concludes that looking at this from another angle, this shows how much they can't ignore Ed and Al.. blah blah, and tells himself to stay put for now...
Meantime, as the search party lead by Buccaneer for the missing solders about to depart, Armstrong and solders discuss about the missing solders' fate in the tunnel, noting they had only 3 day's worth of food while a week had past since the "incident"..

Page: 17: They continue with their speculation .. that missing solders could probably use horses as the food source, but they worry about the mental toughness of the solders to survive in the complete darkness for a week. As they depart, Buccaneer speaks to Armstrong...

Page: 18: Buccaneer tells Armstrong that if they wouldn't return within 24 hours, he wants Armstrong to abandon them altogether, and seal off the entrance to the tunnel. And as Armstrong acknowledges that, they slip into the tunnel of darkness.

Page 19: As they left, Armstrong orders the solders at the fort that... about the killing of Raven, that was done by Armstrong's own decision, ONLY hers and hers alone, and if it gets discovered, everyone must put the blame on her, and cut off and abandon the royalty to her.
The solders answer that they understood.

Page 20: In the tunnel, they search for the missing solders..

Page 21: Back in Central, Mustang receives information and the message from Armstrong to Mustang, from the old flower shop lady. He learns the situation in the North, and voices his opinion that with Briggs' strong solders maybe they don't need Eastern Army's help. The flower shop lady answers and tells Mustang of Armstrong's view, that Briggs' solders are the best in defense, but they can use the help of Eastern Army with it's excellent ability for offense.

Page 22: Mustang acknowledges his first hand experience seeing North Army's excellent ability for defense during the joint training with the Eastern Army, and admires Armstrong's grasp of the situation including the strength & weakness of the Northern Army.
Mustang: "I'm honored that she picked me as the tag partner. Hahaha." Flower shop lady: "Nop, Miss Olivier wants the Eastern Army. She said 'Mustang could get lost.'" Mustang: "Aw."
Mustang asks the one last question: "... let me ask you this one.. what if I passed along this information to the Führer to safeguard myself??" Flower shop lady: "Will not happen. Mustang is not that kind of a man, according to Ms Armstrong... The charge for the flowers.. 35,200 cens."

Page 23: Mustang: "Thanks. The lady, who.. are.. you??" The flower shop lady: "An old flower shop lady. My family have served the Armstrong Family for generations. Hope you'll return for more business!!"
As the flower shop lady leaves, Mustang ponders... : Hughes, the ones who can truly understand you and support you, you'll find them amongst the ones you fight with as your comrade." Mustang: "BTW.."

Page: 24: Mustang: "What am I going to do with those flowers... !!??"
Bystanders: "What's up with that guy??!!"
Meantime, back in the North, in the tunnel, Buccaneer and the search party find dead horse, now with full of foul odor, a cut-off leg similar to Smith's arm they found before, and a sharply cut-off metal piece.

Page 25: Buccaneer and solders talk among themselves: "This doesn't look promising." "Careful, there might still be some enemies around." They hear some noise. As they approach closer with the light, they find survivors.

Page 26: As they rejoice, Henschel asks the surviving solder about others, and he answers that the rest did not survive.

Page 27: Buccaneer orders to bring survivors back to the fort. The frightened surviving solder mutters: "We..we must leave quick. It is coming!! Turn off the light!! The shadow... We must run!! The shadow is coming...!!" The solders question him: "What is it?? Is that the enemy??"

Page 28: While solders continue question the survivor about "it", from the darkness the shadow approaches.

Page 29: As solders take survivors and head back, the shadow crawls behind them in distance.

Page 30: Back in Central, Hawkeye is visiting Führer's residence on official business. As she passes the guards Hawkeye mutters: "Führer is always surrounded by many guards. It is way too strict. I don't get used to this."

Page 31: As Hawkeye enters the residence, Mrs. Bradley comes out to greet her.
Mrs. Bladley: "May I ask who is there??" Hawkeye: "Madame." Hawkeye tells Mrs. Bladley that she is the Führer's aid, and brought some urgent paper to be read by the Führer by the morning. Mrs. Bladley says Führer is out, and that she would holds the paper for him. As they speak, a small figure approaches from behind, and Riza senses it's presence.

Page 32: As Hawkeye turns to find out about that presence, she finds Selim standing behind them. Mrs. Bladley: "Selim, you are still up." Hawkeye: "Selim-sama?" Selim: "Yes. I heard the noise at the door, and thought that was father returning home." Mrs. Bladley: "Selim, this is Lieutenant Hawkeye, Führer's aid." Selim: "Good evening, Lieutenant Hawkeye!" Hawkeye: "How do you do?"

Page 33: Selim: "You are working this late? I commend your efforts!!" Hawkeye: "Yes, I brough some urgent paper to Führer. My apology for waking you up. I'll be heading out shortly." Selim: "Are you leaving right away? Sorry to hear that."
As Selim gets lead away for bed, Mrs. Bladley talks about Selim to Hawkeye. Mrs. Bladley: "Selim really loves his (adapted) father. I wonder if he would like to be a military man in the future." Hawkeye: "He is a very bright yound man!!" Mrs. Bladley: "Yes. Isn't he?? He is my proud son."

Page 34: Mrs. Bladley continues: "If he were the son from our own blood, such a bragging might get us laughed at as the foolish fond parents, but since he is our adopted son I can brag about him as much as I like! Or, can't I??" Hawkeye: "He must have taken his amiable personality from your family's bloodline?" Mrs. Bladley: "Oh, no, Selim is from my husband's bloodline." Hawkeye: "Ah? He is not adopted from your distant relative?" Mrs. Bladley: "No, he is from my husband's distant relative." And, that Mrs. Bladley's words get Hawkeye's attention!!
Mrs. Bladley invites Hawkeye for a cup of tea, and Hawkeye politely declines...

Page 35: Hawkeye says goodbye and laeves Mrs. Bladley. As she walks back the walkway of Bladley's residence, she ponders: According to Colonel (Mustang,) Bladley had been brought up as the human experiment since his childhood, and he is supposedly all alone with no relatives. Considering the history of how he became Homunculus, distant or no distant, he should not have ANY relatives!! And, that sensation I had felt!! That was... That child is...

Page 36: The child in the shadow stops Hawkeye!! "You have realized... My mother loves to talk, and I guess that brought this little trouble."

Page 37: Hawkeye: "Just a while ago, momentarily, I had felt the strange sense of someone's thirst for blood. I'd felt it somewhere before. I could not remember where. But now with you behind I remember clearly. This is the same sensation I felt when a homunculus called Gluttony had come from behind. Selim Bladley, what are you?"

Page 38: Selim: "You have guts to ask about my true self in this situation, Lieutenant Hawkeye. And, it is wise of you not to draw your guns, your forte. With your level of skills, you can not win against me. Besides, if you remain calm, I would not attack you.
Hawkeye: "That is nice of you. And, so?? Are you a Homunculus, same as Gluttony?? No. I feel far more presence, incomparable amount of pressure from you, than what I felt from Gluttony." Salem: "Yes, I am the same as Gluttony. But, it will offend me to be put on the same level as that one.

Page 39: Selim: "I am 'The Begining/Original Homunculus.' My name is 'Pride'."

Page 40: Back within the North Fort, Kembley is talking to Ed. Ed: "Work?" What do you mean?"
Kimbley: "No other means. You need to do your work as a State Alchemist, that's what it means." Ed: "I refuse. .. Of course that does not pass as my answer, I assume." kimbely: "As you assumed."

Page 41
: Kimbley: "There are Three orders from the Führer. And, you are supposed to act with me for all three of them. One: Search for Scar whom we assume to have escaped to the North. Your involvement is only till we find him. I'll take care of the rest. Two: Search for Dr. Marcoh, whom we also assume to have escaped and possibly being with Scar. This also, your involvement is till we found him, and I'll take care of the rest. Three: .."

Page 42: Kimbley continues: "To curve the Blood Circle on Briggs."!!!

The caption reads: The cursed plan is about to set in motion!!
(End of chapter 70)

(And, the next chapter, chapter 71 will come out on Saturday, May 12!!)

(Note: "The Blood Circle" on page 42 is an interim translation name assigned by me for "Chi no Mon", since what that exactly meant is not yet unclear. "Mon" could mean many things, but I have feelings that Arakawa-sensei meant a Transmutation Circle by it....)

Note: Whew!! done!!! What a loaded chapter!!!!
Yes, totally, overwhelmingly, awesome chapter!!!! happy.gif

ETA: April 11
Fixed gowdawful amount of typos!! I bet there are still more.. I'll check them again later... ^^

--------------------

+Quote Post
Becca-chan
post Apr 10 2007, 12:00 PM
Post #28

Alchemists

Member No.: 39,345

:: has just downloaded the RAW version and is currently in shock:: Now that was something I wasn't expecting! O.O

Thank you so much for providing the link Hisshou! happy.gif

--------------------
Becca-chan; Your local Tucker addict...I am 100% sane, I swear! O.O;

+Quote Post
oneangredwarf
post Apr 10 2007, 12:07 PM
Post #29

Citizen

Member No.: 39,435

whoa! totally didnt expect that~! OHH SNAP!!
-Liz

+Quote Post
Guest_Triple Soul_*
post Apr 10 2007, 01:30 PM
Post #30

Guests

Judging by everyone's expressions, a certain homunculus's identity has been revealed.

*chants to self* It's Kimbley...it's GOT to be Kimbley...I'm tellin' ya, it's Kimbley!

*actually reads; spewing of Coke ensues*

WHAT THE FAWK? SELIM?! [Or however you spell his name...]

+Quote Post

12 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th July 2016 - 03:54 AM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css