HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Closed TopicStart new topic
2006 Anime Awards - Best Male Character, He's the man!
Best Male Character
Mei's Tip of the Poll: Consider other people's opinions, but vote according to what YOU think.
Ginko (Mushishi) [ 3 ] ** [16.67%]
Kyon (The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya) [ 5 ] ** [27.78%]
L (Death Note) [ 7 ] ** [38.89%]
Yuu Kanda (D.Gray-man) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Tamaki Suou (Ouran Koukou Host Club) [ 3 ] ** [16.67%]
Total Votes: 19

mei_tenshi
post Mar 24 2007, 11:59 PM
Post #1

Major General

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,343

They're just awesome. Enough said.

(Can you tell mei is getting tired??)

Ginko (Mushishi)

Memento

QUOTE(Wikipedia)
[spoiler]Ginko's unusual white hair and green eye color is the result of an incident involving a mushi that occurred when he was a child. No explanation is given as to why his rather modern clothes do not seem to match the time period reflected by all other characters. Ginko is a rare person that attracts mushi, and thus the reason he wanders constantly. Staying in one place too long will gather a potentially dangerous amount of mushi. He also smokes constantly in order to keep mushi away. In terms of personality, Ginko is rather laid back, but can be very serious when it comes to protecting people from mushi. He also often stresses that the mushi are not evil, but merely trying to survive like everyone else.[/spoiler]

Kyon (The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya)

Memento

QUOTE(Wiki)
[spoiler]A cynical and apathetic high school student, Kyon is the sole voice of reason in the SOS Brigade, and he sometimes intervenes when Haruhi behaves too erratically. Much to his irritation, this responsibility is his alone, since the other members passively go along with Haruhi's schemes. Despite his apparent discontent and his continued complaints, Kyon remains with the SOS Brigade and Haruhi, even though he is not required to do so. He feels certain that Haruhi should learn that not everything can go her way. It is because of this that Kyon develops a bond with Haruhi, the potential start of a romantic relationship.[/spoiler]

L (Death Note)

Memento

QUOTE(Wiki)
[spoiler]L is the world's top-rated detective, tasked with tracking down and arresting Kira, and Light's nemesis. His disheveled appearance masks his great powers of deduction and insight. L has many quirks, such as sitting in an odd manner and snacking on sweets in the middle of meetings. He often takes drastic strategies to confuse and force his opponents, and on several occasions he has willingly disclosed several of his weaknesses to Kira at the risk of his own life in the hopes that he would lure him into a trap.[/spoiler]

Yuu Kanda (D.Gray-man)

Memento

QUOTE(Wiki)
[spoiler]An 18 year old Exorcist from Japan. He can recover much faster due to a mysterious tattoo above his heart (which looks like a Hinduism seal), and it is related to a flower sealed in a hourglass that was said when wilted, will kill Kanda with it. His purpose in life is to find "that someone"; until then, he will never allow himself to die... He seems to be able to withstand the blood of Akuma, most likely due to the tattoo above his heart. The hourglass and flower is said to be his only personal possession. He was grudgingly partners with Allen in Allen's first mission. [Despite his feminine appearance] he has a rough tongue, foul mouth and a cold manner, and tends to say "Tch" a lot. Yu is Kanda's given name, but he dislikes being called that... His anti-Akuma weapon is a black katana, "Mugen", which turns silver when activated.[/spoiler]

Tamaki Suou (Ouran Koukou Host Club)

Memento

QUOTE(Wiki)
[spoiler]The usual instigator of all of the Host Club's antics, Tamaki is prone to dramatics and often acts without thinking or overreacts to trivial things; the other members of the club, particularly Hikaru and Kaoru, often take amusement at his expense. However, they also almost always follow his lead, and staunchly support him when it's needed. Despite his foolish behaviour, Tamaki is very generous and easily moved by the distress of others, even strangers. Once aware of others peoples' problems, he will do all he can to help them and "ascertain justice". He often makes elaborate plans or "strategies" to fix many solutions... For all his immaturity and silliness, Tamaki proves to be a naturally excellent student, routinely placing second in his class (behind Kyoya) without making any particularly great effort towards studying. He is a talented piano player, and unlike the other members of the Host Club (such as Kyoya and the Hitachiin brothers) there is surprisingly little artifice in his treatment of the club's customers.[/spoiler]

--------------------

CoF #11
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Nepharski
post Mar 25 2007, 09:50 AM
Post #2

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 23,257

Ginko, though Kyon and L are close seconds.

--------------------
Attention Manga Lust fans:
Lust is dead. Finished. Kaput. Joined the Choir Invisible. Roy Mustang incinerated her repeatedly until her Philosopher's Stone dried up and dissolved into nothingness ("Mu" for you Japanese cultural enthusiasts). And she will remain killed off, written out of the plot. Greed was reincarnated because Father saved his Philosopher's Stone and had a guinea pig on hand. Lust is gone. Stop trying to play God with the plot line and bring her back at every possibly junction.
In the event that Hiromu Arakawa can skillfully maneuver around this narrative plot hole, I will eat my words with a pinch of salt.
Nepharski - Our first, last, and hopeful not only line of defense against bad Homunculi theories.

My LiveJournal, because I'm a closet conformist

+Quote Post
Toby-Chan
post Mar 25 2007, 12:05 PM
Post #3

Gallery Mod Emeritus

Member No.: 3,284

This is a toughie. :[

L is a longstanding favorite since I read the manga, and will probably always keep a very high rank to being near my favorite character ever, but Tamaki was more new. I'm going to cast out a sentimental vote for Tamaki because he's just SUCH a lovable goofball! <3

Tamaki wins. The rest of them are all just Homo side-characters. biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Nepharski
post Mar 25 2007, 12:50 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 23,257

*Gives in to Toby-Chan's superior arguement.*

--------------------
Attention Manga Lust fans:
Lust is dead. Finished. Kaput. Joined the Choir Invisible. Roy Mustang incinerated her repeatedly until her Philosopher's Stone dried up and dissolved into nothingness ("Mu" for you Japanese cultural enthusiasts). And she will remain killed off, written out of the plot. Greed was reincarnated because Father saved his Philosopher's Stone and had a guinea pig on hand. Lust is gone. Stop trying to play God with the plot line and bring her back at every possibly junction.
In the event that Hiromu Arakawa can skillfully maneuver around this narrative plot hole, I will eat my words with a pinch of salt.
Nepharski - Our first, last, and hopeful not only line of defense against bad Homunculi theories.

My LiveJournal, because I'm a closet conformist

+Quote Post
miracle_flame_al...
post Mar 26 2007, 05:29 AM
Post #5

State Alchemist (Major)

From: Somewhere in Ametris, under the command of Col. Roy Mustang
Member No.: 36,403

L all the way!! happy.gif

--------------------

-Dogs of the Military- PM me to join my family!!
Currently: Watching Code Geass!
Honorable Third Seat of the Anti-Inoue Squad !! ^_^
Check My DeviantArt Account/Profile and my drawings!! ^_^
My Multiply My LiveJournal

+Quote Post
Nekokitty
post Mar 26 2007, 12:18 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 36,425

That's so cruel!
Forcing me to choose between L and Tamaki!
I love them both! XD
Ok, I go for Tamaki.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Fushi
post Apr 8 2007, 09:31 PM
Post #7

Lt. General

Member No.: 37,703

Tough between Kyon and L. :/

But I'll be a Haruhiist and go with Kyon. L's great and all, but Kyon has Haruhi to deal with. O: He wins just for being able to put up with her and having the balls to stand up to her.

--------------------
My icon comm

"I can't stand RoyxHughes (he's married and has a daughter!)"
Popo: "Brace for Fushi! *cowers*"

Huge Maes Hughes fan. In fact I'm even the Maes Hughes of livejournal. Really. Look for me under "M"

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th August 2016 - 02:54 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css