HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Closed TopicStart new topic
2006 Anime Awards - Best Action / Martial Arts, Hi-ya! *kick*
Best Action / Martial Arts
Mei's Tip of the Poll: The blurbs really don't do the animes justice. Go watch them. Your forum peers enjoy them enough to nominate them, so they -must- have -some- good qualities. (Some more than others)
Blood+ [ 5 ] ** [31.25%]
D.Gray-man [ 2 ] ** [12.50%]
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex - Solid State Society [ 4 ] ** [25.00%]
Hellsing OVA [ 3 ] ** [18.75%]
Hokuto no Ken - Raou Gaiden Junai-hen [ 2 ] ** [12.50%]
Total Votes: 18

mei_tenshi
post Mar 24 2007, 10:24 PM
Post #1

Major General

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,343

Guns, swords, exotic body enhancers or brute force? No matter the means, it has to look good. (Though destroying furniture and public facilities in creative ways help.)

Blood+
QUOTE(Anime News Network)
Throughout the passage of time and the shifts in backgrounds, a particular war continues to leave its mark on history, extending its influence into the modern world. There are two major groups involved in the ensuring war. The first group consists of monsters known as Chiropterans who can change their appearances into that of human beings. They are actually immortals who feed on the blood of the living. The second group is an organisation known as the "Red Shield", formed to track down these monsters and exterminate them. Otonashi Saya is a high-school girl who lives a peaceful life with her family. The only problem is, she has no recollections of her life beyond that of the past year. However, her happy life will be destroyed by an event that will lead her to her destined fate.

D.Gray-man
QUOTE(ANN)
Allen Walker is a young Exorcist who has a cursed eye that can see the suffering of the Akumas created by The Millenium Earl. He travels to England to the Headquarters of the Exorcists where his Master has sent him to meet with the other Exorcists. The battle with the Millenium Earl and the Noah Family vs. the Exorcists intensifies when some of the best Exorcists begin to get killed by hoards of Akuma. Japan takes center stage in this end of 19th Century plot in order to not let the entire human race be turned into Akumas and the Exorcists have the power of "Innocence" that was given to them by God on their side.

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex - Solid State Society
QUOTE(ANN)
A.D. 2034. It has been two years since Motoko Kusanagi left Section 9. Togusa is now the new leader of the team, that has considerably increased its appointed personnel. The expanded new Section 9 confronts a rash of complicated incidents, and investigations reveal that an ultra-wizard hacker nicknamed the "Puppet Master" is behind the entire series of events.

Hellsing OVA
QUOTE(ANN)
Vampires exist. It is the duty of Hellsing, a secret organization sponsored by the British government, to hide that frightening fact and protect the blissfully unaware populace. Along with its own personal army, Hellsing has secret weapons. Alucard, an incredibly powerful vampire, has been controlled by Hellsing for years. It is unclear if he dislikes being a servant to the Hellsing family, but he certainly enjoys his job as a vampire exterminator. Seras is a fledgling vampire and a former police woman. Although reluctant to embrace her new self, she is still a valuable member of the organization. Integra Hellsing, the current leader, is usually fully capable of fulfilling her duty, but lately, vampire activity has been on the rise. Unfortunately, the cause is more alarming than anything she could have imagined. A group long thought dead has been plotting in secret since their apparent destruction over 50 years ago. Plotting to plunge England, and perhaps the entire world, into war.

Hokuto no Ken - Raou Gaiden Junai-hen
QUOTE(anidb)
Kenshiro is the heir of the legendary martial arts known as Hokuto Shinken, which can kill a man with a single blow, by striking the pressure points in the enemy`s body. Hokuto Shinken can be passed only to one successor at a time. When he was chosen as the successor, he parted ways with his brothers, Toki and Raoh. The former decided to use what he knew of the art to cure people... while the latter has chosen to use his supreme strength to install peace in the world by power. Kenshiro is accompanied by Lynn and Bart, and the movie`s story begins when an overlord starts kidnapping children to use them as slaves for building his own pyramid...

--------------------

CoF #11
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Amol
post Mar 24 2007, 10:45 PM
Post #2

Major General

Member No.: 39,340

I vote for Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex - Solid State Society, thats the only one i know about , I've seen much it , its quite cool and i like it , though might not be the best choice

+Quote Post
Nepharski
post Mar 25 2007, 09:55 AM
Post #3

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 23,257

Hellsing, definitely. Alucard vs. Alexander Anderson is legendary.

--------------------
Attention Manga Lust fans:
Lust is dead. Finished. Kaput. Joined the Choir Invisible. Roy Mustang incinerated her repeatedly until her Philosopher's Stone dried up and dissolved into nothingness ("Mu" for you Japanese cultural enthusiasts). And she will remain killed off, written out of the plot. Greed was reincarnated because Father saved his Philosopher's Stone and had a guinea pig on hand. Lust is gone. Stop trying to play God with the plot line and bring her back at every possibly junction.
In the event that Hiromu Arakawa can skillfully maneuver around this narrative plot hole, I will eat my words with a pinch of salt.
Nepharski - Our first, last, and hopeful not only line of defense against bad Homunculi theories.

My LiveJournal, because I'm a closet conformist

+Quote Post
Nekokitty
post Mar 26 2007, 12:23 PM
Post #4

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 36,425

I vote D.Grayman.
I haven't seen enough Blood+ and I've been reading D.Grayman since last year.

--------------------

+Quote Post
asunder
post Mar 26 2007, 05:02 PM
Post #5

Special Ops (Intelligence Officer)
Group Icon

Group: Moderating Admin
Member No.: 30,877

Ghost in The Shell all the way.

--------------------
Everytime you post something mind numbingly retarded, this forum crashes.

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th June 2016 - 02:27 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css