HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Should Women Fight On The Front Line?, War is an equal opportunity killer
Should Women Fight On The Front Line?
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 31
Guests cannot vote 
The Mad Bomber
post Mar 22 2007, 01:17 PM
Post #31

Alchemists

Group: Members
Member No.: 45,405

It all really comes down to two factors how women can take part in the front lines

1. They meet the requirements and prove themselves equal as their male counterparts so that the woman soldier will not be seen as the weakest link etc

2. Freedom of choice really, people can really start practicing almost any profession as long as they meet the requirements(skills, knowledge of the field etc). Sex is not really a reason to ban anyone and with all the women rights activists around these days men can`t really anymore say what they want.... so to speak...

I think we guys would be afraid to have women on the battlefield as our comrades or enemies yet it`s funny enough that there are men who aren`t fit to be in the front lines biggrin.gif Well usually every single army in the world have requirements strict enough to stop weaker soldiers from passing to the front lines.

--------------------

I am love, I am hate, I'm an atheist with faith, Vent my anger with a smile
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Amol
post Mar 23 2007, 12:14 AM
Post #32

Major General

Member No.: 39,340

^ adding to that I'd like say that many women even lack the ferocity that you need and killing in no way is easy !

+Quote Post
The Mad Bomber
post Mar 23 2007, 11:33 AM
Post #33

Alchemists

QUOTE(Amol @ Mar 23 2007, 09:14 AM) [snapback]520986[/snapback]
^ adding to that I'd like say that many women even lack the ferocity that you need and killing in no way is easy !

but that fact should not be a reason to ban those that have the ferocity to kill from the army

--------------------

+Quote Post
Amol
post Mar 23 2007, 11:46 AM
Post #34

Major General

Member No.: 39,340

^ I meant that you needed ferocity to kill , that women lack.
I think you dint understand me , or may be I dint understand you on the above post !

+Quote Post
Popogeejo
post Mar 23 2007, 11:57 AM
Post #35

Master Alchemist

Member No.: 31,420

Some women have the ferocity to kill. Heck, for a few days a month they all do tongue.gif (Although this could also be a draw back unsure.gif)
Still, while someone women do have the skills to become a soldier the majority are better suited to other uses.

--------------------

>Click the picture for me gushing over over Summer Wars shenanigans!<
The various works of FKMT are something you should read

+Quote Post
The Mad Bomber
post Mar 23 2007, 01:02 PM
Post #36

Alchemists

QUOTE(Amol @ Mar 23 2007, 08:46 PM) [snapback]521070[/snapback]
^ I meant that you needed ferocity to kill , that women lack.
I think you dint understand me , or may be I dint understand you on the above post !

I think I understood you clearly and isn`t that kinda saying that women can only do these things and not those? such as killing, women can kill and you really don`t need ferocity to kill. You just pull the trigger and I doubt that really requires ferocity all tough yes I understand that we are talking about the thing that could someone actually pull the trigger. Some women and some men have ferocity to kill, and some don`t. We should keep in mind that not all of us guys are not able to be soldiers.

--------------------

+Quote Post
GREEDisGOOD
post Sep 17 2007, 09:09 PM
Post #37

Alchemists

Member No.: 43,729

This is just a stupid question - no offense to the one who posted it - I mean, it's just a stupid problem that should have been solved long ago. There should be no gender discrimination in the military. Women have just enough cause to fight for this country as men. And the whole physicality thing about women being too weak is just stupid. I mean, I've seen women who could kick my ass, so I'm sure they could kick someone's from another country.

+Quote Post
LittleFullMental
post Apr 1 2008, 04:27 AM
Post #38

Citizen

Member No.: 58,110

obviously I voted for a yes.... and the reason to this because of the thing that usually arises in this forum that is "women can do anything a male can do" (when given a chance to do so) the only reason women were so belittled in the past couple of years was because they didn't get a chance to prove that they actually can do what a male can do...

--------------------

this sig was made by a friend... -______________-

+Quote Post
Metastasis
post Mar 25 2009, 10:31 AM
Post #39

Citizen

Member No.: 66,992

Wow, this post is almost a year old, but it caught my eye, and I have quite a bit to say about it. Therefore, I'll try to revive it. Perhaps it is dead to everyone else, but dammit, man, we never leave a thread behind! Do you want to write a letter to it's mammy, explaining to her why her little discussion couldn't come home?!

I am in the US Army, currently in Mosul, Iraq. I'm in a transportation unit, in which we have several females. One of them is actually a cook, but she serves as a truck driver/gunner with the rest of us. I'm supposed to be a Fueler myself.

In this stage of the war, the roads ARE the front lines. We're the ones getting hit by the IEDs, we're the one taking small arms fire as well as indirect fire on our contingency bases and when stopped at a halt. The females in our unit perform just as well as the males. The only things they have easier are their standards on their push-ups and 2 mile run on the PT test, which is due to the different builds inherent in the genders.

The only Military Occupation Specialties (MOS) that are closed to women are direct combat. Infantry, Special Forces, Tankers, Cavalry Scouts, Missile Systems. The biggest reasons are fraternization and unit cohesion - In a co-ed unit, relationships form, rumors spread, grudges are held. While this kind of thing can be taken care of, in the middle of a combat-oriented deployment, it is too detrimental.

However, women can be attached to Combat units. Women can be Military Police (there are MANY), Combat Medics, Explosive Ordinance Disposal (EOD), and they have to be present to search any detained females. The fraternization problem exists in all of these units that I've encountered.

However, they are starting to experiment with opening combat MOS's to females. Time will tell if this works or not.

And here is hoping that this thread doesn't have to die. I hate writing those letters.

--------------------
Full Battle Rattle.

+Quote Post
black~hayate
post Apr 16 2009, 04:36 AM
Post #40

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 67,859

Yep, this post is already old. But who cares?
Hmm... There are alot of female agents and killers outta here. They can kill much easier than some men.

If you want to fight for your country, gender doesn't matter. You only need some muscles (or power) to protect it, that's all.

--------------------
You have to leave me alot of cute messages! I love messages =3

Bark! Bark bark bark!

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2016 - 04:16 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css